Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay here me out for a second...imagine warfame battle royale..

KreekNaaglash

15 hours ago, KreekNaaglash said:

battle royale where you drop out of your spaceship, I mean with the movement and fighting/gun mechanism I think it would be on the top of battle royale scene

No. Never. Not every game needs to be some PvP meat grinder. Warframe is fine being PvE. If you want to play some idiotic battle Royale game go play one and leave Warframe continue to be a game for those of us who don't want anything to do with those kinds of pathetic games.

No... If you want battle royale go play another game which is designed for battle royale, warframe is already starting to get too diluted from it's original core game as it is. 

Why do people feel the need to force every genre of game into warframe even though the majority of us came to the game without any intention of playing anything but PvE...it's not like everyone plays conclave or anything, oh wait they don't, most of us hate it.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

No... If you want battle royale go play another game which is designed for battle royale, warframe is already starting to get too diluted from it's original core game as it is. 

Why do people feel the need to force every genre of game into warframe even though the majority of us came to the game without any intention of playing anything but PvE...

Because people like to bring ruin to the things other people enjoy. PvP is what ruined Destiny and The Division. And having an almost complete lack of PvP (or at least a PvP mode that can be avoided entirely) is what makes me love Warframe.

The only thing I can see as a solution if they were to add a BR mode would be a Clem Royale, nothing else. Everyone would play Clem and all weapons found would be non-hitscan weapons so actual aim and timing would be needed, like in all good shooters. Weapons like bows, lanka, grakata, stiletto etc. along with melee weapons and grenades (that would use your ability keys).

And this is if they ever were to implement dedicated servers first for the game, because peer-to-peer is already a PvP deal breaker for me as a whole no matter the game.

Doing a BR mode with all the different frames would be a mess of balance and never work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

The only thing I can see as a solution if they were to add a BR mode would be a Clem Royale, nothing else. Everyone would play Clem and all weapons found would be non-hitscan weapons so actual aim and timing would be needed, like in all good shooters. Weapons like bows, lanka, grakata, stiletto etc. along with melee weapons and grenades (that would use your ability keys).

And this is if they ever were to implement dedicated servers first for the game, because peer-to-peer is already a PvP deal breaker for me as a whole no matter the game.

Doing a BR mode with all the different frames would be a mess of balance and never work.

Erm... you do realise that half of the weapons you listed are hitscan, right?

17 hours ago, KreekNaaglash said:

battle royale where you drop out of your spaceship, I mean with the movement and fighting/gun mechanism I think it would be on the top of battle royale scene

1: no

2: NO

3: 

battle royal is complete s***, and i think i can speak for everyone when i say we do NOT want BR kids to come to warframe, ESPECIALLY fortnite kids, its a terrible idea

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KreekNaaglash said:

Well I've been involved in Battle Royale since the beginning in Arma 2 and Arma 3 so every game that is interesting to me i think what if this had Battle Royal, now it could be something completely not wanted by the community but heaving something fresh would be interesting to see I mean we still have the Vanilla game.Seeing warframe as PvP in general it seems difficult to pull it off  i think i did hear something some time ago when Conclave started that they had to change Warframes HP,movement etc to keep it balanced now BR would be possible if they do the same thing with bigger environment

haha

no

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KreekNaaglash said:

to be honest, when I think about it the only thing Warframe needs is a more stable PvP,they already started something which is a more reachable than a full-on battle royale that could fail much easier, The good thing about battle royale, in this case, would be BR=more players, more players=more content(Skins, upgrades etc)

so... a bunch of kids that dont belong in warframe if the only reason they came is for a s**t game mode?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

warframe is already starting to get too diluted from it's original core game as it is. 

Starting...? This been going on for a while.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Why do people feel the need to force every genre of game into warframe even though the majority of us came to the game without any intention of playing anything but PvE

Agreed...but talk to the devs as well. After all, Conclave, Trials, Lunaro, and Frame Fighter were their ideas.

34 minutes ago, Joltyboi said:

so... a bunch of kids that dont belong in warframe if the only reason they came is for a s**t game mode?

If you ask me, this game's already attracting the wrong types of gamers, but that's my opinion.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Starting...? This been going on for a while.

Agreed...but talk to the devs as well. After all, Conclave, Trials, Lunaro, and Frame Fighter were their ideas.

If you ask me, this game's already attracting the wrong types of gamers, but that's my opinion.

whats wrong with trials? they were good, i only ever did one once (mainly cause i was new to the raids and wanted to get better gear before doing more) but they were fun

as for frame fighter, you cant complain about that, its just a little mini-game they added with no intention of it being considered proper content, its just there for fun like the other mini-games

When are folks going to realize, this is a PLAYER VERSUS ENVIRONMENT game.

PEE.

VEE.

EE.

PVP has no place in Warframe, it never had, because it doesn't make any sense in the setting.

"Here we are, the  mysterious Tenno, outnumbered by several evil factions hellbent in galactic conquest, and it's our job to fight back, protect the innocent, uphold justice and bring balance to the Origin System. Great. Cool. Now let's starting fighting and killing each other until only one of us is left standing for no particular reason." 

dogbDtv.jpg

Plus, the market's already over saturated with Battle Royale games, go play those instead.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Usually after someone else has popped up with the suggestion on say twitter in terms of the 'mini games'...

Unfortunately twitter and the likes is one of the worst things possible for the devs to be tuned into because there is so much 'me too hype' stuff posted on there that sadly stuff that isn't needed for warframe will get seen by the dev's and they'll fall into the 'me too hype' and think it's right for warframe...

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Erm... you do realise that half of the weapons you listed are hitscan, right?

Actually they arent. Grakata might be, long time ago since I used it, but neither stiletto or twin grakatas are. Check it out in-game when you use them, you actually need to land your shots similar to Supra/Vandal. Hitscan would imply that it lands on the enemy the moment you fire, the weapons mentioned actually have a travel time before hitting their target, they just have a high bullet velocity so it is hard to notice at shorter ranges.

• Like 1

to be fair Warframe is perfect as it is but having more doesn't hurt.

The more I play Warframe more i realize how BR wouldn't fit in the style of the game, that's one thing the other thing is as far as I'm seeing PvE is mostly being played but PvP would actually not be bad. I did play Conclave and yeah I get it, it's not absolutely terrible but it definitely needs more.

On 2019-01-05 at 9:32 PM, KreekNaaglash said:

NO.  Go and play fking bullsht fortnite if u want battle royale.

Warframe is high quality game. It will NEVER be battle royale.

Imagine... Battle Royale but then with space ninja's, 4 players in a team and need to complete missions on different planets... oow yea btw remove that BR that's just garbage but keep the rest of what i just said and you will have the best game ever! 

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Actually they arent. Grakata might be, long time ago since I used it, but neither stiletto or twin grakatas are. Check it out in-game when you use them, you actually need to land your shots similar to Supra/Vandal. Hitscan would imply that it lands on the enemy the moment you fire, the weapons mentioned actually have a travel time before hitting their target, they just have a high bullet velocity so it is hard to notice at shorter ranges.

Thanks for letting us know that you have no idea about what you are talking about

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Having used both of those weapons regularly, they are hitscan. It's possible that you are mistaking the tracer effect for a projectile.

• Like 1

Mine is a no, its worst idea, do you know how far and radius is space?  Too much as infinity and its not worth put such program and its not what the player being a fan of or play for checking on steam games that are free or battle royal likeness, not much players play them its only minor 100k of players play it for the moment then start die out with in few days and oh there goes no one really like the game and it was at lest around 20k-30k because ppl put such determined skills, but the different about warframe of doing battle royal is no one doing the conclave and plus making that is bit stupid apologies for being a rude !#$$ hat right about now, but warframe is base on just speed and having the program for warframe doing battle royal is not clever idea because oh you know how players always travel during missions like we seen over nearly feel like trillions of time how we move so fast to speed run a mission.

Even thou I might be nutty about ideas, but I know this idea of nut is just rotten idea and there will be absolute 0 players is going play for that and DE isn't going to do it, because if anyone remember what happen to lunaro the ball game...no one play it.  As the time being I have to say no still for this battle royal.

Yet another one of these threads. I have left a comprehensive answer to some of the previous ones and I am too busy and lazy to repeat my points so I will just condense it: It would not work and following trends for the sake of trends is always a very bad idea because that is exactly what kills the trend and the games that get into it simply for money and greed.