Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay here me out for a second...imagine warfame battle royale..

KreekNaaglash

On 2019-01-05 at 9:39 PM, Sloan441 said:

What's gone wrong with every other PvP-focused game mode that has been introduced to WF: no one will play it. The vast majority of the community wants nothing to do with PvP in any form and will completely ignore it. So, like every other attempt at this sort of thing, it'll end up on the ash heap of tenno history.

All of this.  No more PVP, please... Lunaro was one of the biggest failures in WF history, and there was entire 3-4 months where that was the ONLY new content.  DE even said one time that it was a colossal failure (but they do not regret it, because they have to atleast try to know.)

But they SHOULD know by now... all 4 iterations of PVP have failed.  Let's not add a 5th that is also Fortnite 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Like 1

Curious. That is, when developers add a framefighter, a skateboard, animal rescue (in a shooter!), fishing and mining - which no one has ever asked for - this is considered normal)
The idea of a new PvP regime (which, by the way, in the Warframe is separated from PvE and in no way affects it) - is a nightmare and the end of the world))

I agree, that simply copy-paste the  Battle Royal mode, without considering the features of the engine and gameplay of the Warframe - is a controversial idea. But calmly discuss it - why not?

1 hour ago, Falconer777 said:

-Snip-

False equivalence. Aside from Frame Fighter (which was developed in one of the devs' spare time), all of the things you listed flesh out the main experience. PvP development siphons resources that could go into making more content for said main experience.

Только что, Corvid сказал:

False equivalence. Aside from Frame Fighter (which was developed in one of the devs' spare time), all of the things you listed flesh out the main experience. PvP development siphons resources that could go into making more content for said main experience.

Personally, this “main” experience is completely uninteresting to me, and it seems unnecessary) And not to me alone.
An interesting new pvp mode, in my opinion, would be much more conducive to the diversity of the game.
And would contribute to the retention of old players, and attracting new ones. So it is unlikely that these resources would be wasted. Yes, and their development does not take too many resources - this is not the development of a new open world or a new DLC - we are talking about literally a few small maps with a regime different from the Conclave.

Curious. That is, when developers add a framefighter, a skateboard, animal rescue (in a shooter!), fishing and mining - which no one has ever asked for - this is considered normal)
The idea of a new PvP regime (which, by the way, in the Warframe is separated from PvE and in no way affects it) - is a nightmare and the end of the world))

I agree, that simply copy-paste the  Battle Royal mode, without considering the features of the engine and gameplay of the Warframe - is a controversial idea. But calmly discuss it - why not?

first: no

second: frame fighter is just another small game mode not intended to be serious content, why do you think they put it, along with the other 2 mini-games, on a little game console decoration?

third: you wanna know why no one wants them to do anything with PVP? and why no one wants battle royal? for starters, BR sucks, and im fed the f**k up of hearing about it and seeing games come out with art styles i like and good concepts but imprison them behind BR BS, secondly theres been so many games where just having a PVP mode has taken away from and ruined the PVE experience, which is what those games should have been focused on, look at destiny, (the good one, the first one, cause 2 sucks) destiny was SUPPOSED to be a PVE MMO first person shooter, yet bungie stupidly focused way to much on PVP and PVE was hurt because of that, all the destiny 1 events minus one or two were only ever PVP, they focused the majority if not all of their weapon, exotic and ability patches around PVP, and now from what i understand PVP is bleeding into PVE on D2, and my friends have told me that theyre going to make the open world on D3 PVP, see how a great idea of a game was ruined thanks to more focus on PVP than it ever should have had? we dont want warframe to go through the same sh*t, time spent making new PVP stuff and making patches for it is time that could have, and should have, been spent on PVE

edit: not every single online multiplayer game needs PVP, being CO-OP only is just fine (also, the hover boards are f**king cool

Edited by Joltyboi

2 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

Personally, this “main” experience is completely uninteresting to me, and it seems unnecessary) And not to me alone.
An interesting new pvp mode, in my opinion, would be much more conducive to the diversity of the game.
And would contribute to the retention of old players, and attracting new ones. So it is unlikely that these resources would be wasted. Yes, and their development does not take too many resources - this is not the development of a new open world or a new DLC - we are talking about literally a few small maps with a regime different from the Conclave.

This comes across hopelessly naive I'm afraid.

I can offer you some consolation if you want, perhaps in the form of another no?

No.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 2

2 минуты назад, Joltyboi сказал:

first: no

second: frame fighter is just another small game mode not intended to be serious content, why do you think they put it, along with the other 2 mini-games, on a little game console decoration?

third: you wanna know why no one wants them to do anything with PVP? and why no one wants battle royal? for starters, BR sucks, and im fed the f**k up of hearing about it and seeing games come out with art styles i like and good concepts but imprison them behind BR BS, secondly theres been so many games where just having a PVP mode has taken away from and ruined the PVE experience, which is what those games should have been focused on, look at destiny, (the good one, the first one, cause 2 sucks) destiny was SUPPOSED to be a PVE MMO first person shooter, yet bungie stupidly focused way to much on PVP and PVE was hurt because of that, all the destiny 1 events minus one or two were only ever PVP, they focused the majority if not all of their weapon, exotic and ability patches around PVP, and now from what i understand PVP is bleeding into PVE on D2, and my friends have told me that theyre going to make the open world on D3 PVP, see how a great idea of a game was ruined thanks to more focus on PVP than it ever should have had? we dont want warframe to go through the same sh*t, time spent making new PVP stuff and making patches for it is time that could have, and should have, been spent on PVE

edit: not every single online multiplayer game needs PVP, being CO-OP only is just fine

As for Destiny 2 - I look at this game, and in my opinion everything is all right with it) PvP is quite good there, although perhaps the developers shouldn’t have tied some rewards to pvp-mode. There is nothing like this in the Warframe and there will be no - PvP is separated from PvE. Therefore, PvP can never somehow destroy PvE in this game.

Second moment. Look at all the topics on the forum that talk about the lack of endgame in Warframe, and about boredom after receiving the necessary frames and weapons. What is the next point of the game (there is no new quest and expansion yet)? Senseless grind? Content drought - I did not invent this term, even the developers themselves spoke about it.
And PvP can easily solve this problem.

Third moment. What kind of "co-operation" exists in Warframe today? Run away on missions in the corners to try to inflict the greatest damage in the group? Run the mission as quickly as possible, even without having time to really talk and consider each other? I do not see anything remarkable or exciting in such a "joint" game. Who quickly reaches the point of evacuation) 

1 минуту назад, DeMonkey сказал:

Because it's not as simple nor as convenient as you make it out to be.

And what is the particular difficulty? The simplest thing is to simply return a couple of cards from the old "Dark Sectors", with the same mechanics. But, of course, without all these troubles with clans and taxes. Even develop anything new in this case will not have to)
Or the Grineer vs. Corpus regime, which is often spoken about on the forum - in my opinion, too, would not require resources, comparable with DLC.

Warframe's Engine isn't made with that in mind, relays use several tricks, like disabling alot of animations, or slow loading the caracthers by using a dedicated server in the midle.

That mode in warframe would need 1st and foremost a big map, meaning alot of resources right off the bat and a slower loading than normal, then you would need to load all the players equips, warframes, syandanas, sigils, emblems,animations,...

That's alot of different content, you see, warframe isn't a game with 10 weapons and a few cosmetic items, it has alot to load on top of already big map.

If the content comes to PC, then it's released on consoles and that is an issue of it's own.

Plains is already to much for reliable gameplay on the switch, heists are currently a nightmare for DE as the fights won't be ready anytime soon due to the demanding action, do you honesty believe a BR mode in warframe would work?

You would need to reduce the maps size, reduce the amount of players and reduce the effects clutter on screen for it to be viable, this means warframe would always be subpar in terms of map size and player count, so complains about the lackluster mode would be inevitable.

Refining current gamemodes is way more important.

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Plains is already to much for reliable gameplay on the switch

Just as an update about the switch version, most of the problems like disconnections and crashes have been fixed, only thing left are enemies stuck in the air from a dropship or falling through the floor, also Vomvalysts seem to spawn more often now, but mostly only when fighting a Teralyst.

On topic, if the pro BR group wants this so bad they should first try to get people to actually play PvP in the first place and spoilers, this ain't happening for most players.

6 минут назад, KIREEK сказал:

Warframe's Engine isn't made with that in mind, relays use several tricks, like disabling alot of animations, or slow loading the caracthers by using a dedicated server in the midle.

That mode in warframe would need 1st and foremost a big map, meaning alot of resources right off the bat and a slower loading than normal, then you would need to load all the players equips, warframes, syandanas, sigils, emblems,animations,...

That's alot of different content, you see, warframe isn't a game with 10 weapons and a few cosmetic items, it has alot to load on top of already big map.

If the content comes to PC, then it's released on consoles and that is an issue of it's own.

Plains is already to much for reliable gameplay on the switch, heists are currently a nightmare for DE as the fights won't be ready anytime soon due to the demanding action, do you honesty believe a BR mode in warframe would work?

Yes, this is an argument. Technically, Warframe engine will not pull the full-fledged BR mode  .
We can talk only about small cards with a small number of players. Actually, I talked about them.

Personally, this “main” experience is completely uninteresting to me, and it seems unnecessary)

...Did you just insinuate the bloody game is unnecessary?

That's it, pack it up boys, you heard the man, PvE games are unnecessary. Let's delete all the games since Super Mario Bros and go back to the Great Video Game Crash.

1 minute ago, Falconer777 said:

No, I only talked about framefighter, a skateboard, animal rescue, fishing and mining.

I find those to be far more necessary than PvP. They help with breaking up the monotony, changing up the pace, adding variation to the game. What does PvP add? More shooting, and we already have more than out fair share of that. My hope is that eventually we'll also be given a plot of land so that we can grow our own Marpico Trees, Iradite, Nistlepods, maybe even some spores. Throw in a pond where we could breed our favorite species of fish, and screw it, I'll retire a happy Tenno to my space farm. I mean, we're already farming like crazy in the game, might as well make it literal.

• Like 2

1 минуту назад, Gabbynaru сказал:

I find those to be far more necessary than PvP. They help with breaking up the monotony, changing up the pace, adding variation to the game. What does PvP add? 

PvP adds the same thing) They help with breaking up the monotony, changing up the pace, adding variation to the game.

And this is not "more shooting" - this is "different shooting") When you fight with a real opponent, and not with a helpless mob.

PvP perfectly diversify the game in WoW, Guild Wars 2, Destiny, etc, etc. Can diversify and in Warframe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

PvP adds the same thing) They help with breaking up the monotony, changing up the pace, adding variation to the game.

And this is not "more shooting" - this is "different shooting") When you fight with a real opponent, and not with a helpless mob.

PvP perfectly diversify the game in WoW, Guild Wars 2, Destiny, etc, etc. Can diversify and in Warframe.

At the end of the day it's still point the reticle at target and fire your gun, so it's nothing that changes up the pace or anything. Shooting is still shooting, whether you do it with a water gun or a Barret M95, against a rock or a human. The mechanics are the same/ Aim, then fire. Doesn't change anything.

Farming on the other hand, that's different mechanics. Skating, different mechanics also. Fishing, different mechanics as well. Heck, even fighting, which you could say has similar mechanics of Aim at head, then punch, is far more nuanced than good ol shooting. This things are actual changing of pace, actual variation. Shooting is not? I get the same enjoyment from shooting a T-posing corpus as I would shooting a human player. But at least I can have more fun with the bugged out corpus. Humans are just boring.

On 2019-01-05 at 2:04 PM, Helch0rn said:

and here is why it won't work:

The netcode of warframe is in no way, shape or form able to handle that many players.

Warframes netcode was designed with 4 player squads in mind and 8 player raids were already straining it.

The only reason hubs like relays and fortuna can get away with so many players in a single instance is because they don't show things like jumping animations for other players, companions and they sacrificed some "accuracy" when it comes to displaying other players positions and relays still seem to be quite laggy when it comes to updating player positions)

and now imagine a gamemode where you don't see other players move, where you see them in places they are not/already left except a hundred times worse because the game not only has to keep up with all the players but also their companions and the projectiles from their weapons.

Plus: all effects from skills and weapons have to be rendered which, when there are a bunch of players on your screen, has the potential to melt your gpu

Not to mention how horribly unbalanced all the weapons and warframes would be.

35 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

dude, PVP doesnt diversify destiny, it ruined the core of what destiny should be and took it from what should have been a great PVE focused game to a good PVE game that focuses way to much on PVP and balances the game solely around that, look at the vex mythocast, the raid exotic on D1s first raid, that was great, PVP crybaby cucks complained, then it got nerfed, not only was it not as good in PVP anymore, it ruined it for PVE, and thats the story of destinys life, PVP crybaby cucks ruining the game for everyone else cause they dont understand the concept of exotics and why theyre so powerful and why only one can be equipped in armour and weapon slots at a time, and bungie put way more focus on destinys PVP than the PVE on a game thats supposed to be PVE a based game

and again, not every game thats got multiplayer needs PVP, look at borderlands, PVP would not only not be possible, but if they did do it all the OP and amazing gear you can get for PVE would be nerfed to the ground to balance it around PVP, and yes warframe has the weapon stats separate between PVE and PVP (apparently DE are the only ones smart enough to do that in gaming history) but no one (the majority of warframe players, and warframe players who deeply love this game and what it is) wants PVP in this game to take development time and resources away from PVE, even if it isnt a big amount of dev time and resources its still dev time and resources that could have gone to pumping out PVE content quicker, and made it better, being CO-OP is just fine (and when i say "CO-OP" i mean a game thats online multiplayer with 2 to 4 players being able to play together at a time)

Edited by Joltyboi

51 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

No, I only talked about framefighter, a skateboard, animal rescue, fishing and mining.

yes you did

57 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Personally, this “main” experience is completely uninteresting to me, and it seems unnecessary

the main experience of the game is everything your doing on a day to day basis on warframe, so by stating the main experience is completely uninteresting, your basically saying warframe is uninteresting to you, in which case why the hell play it and try to add stuff no one wants when you find it so uninteresting that you dont understand why PVP isnt needed in this game? your also stating the game is unnecessary going by that, so again, whats the point of playing it?

Edited by Joltyboi