Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay here me out for a second...imagine warfame battle royale..

KreekNaaglash

11 часов назад, DeMonkey сказал:

Who are you to speak for an entire subsect of players? I am a PvP player, been playing PvP games for years.

I'd hate it just as much, if not more so than Warframe's current PvP.

No.

Well here it seems to be customary to speak for everyone) 
Type "Nobody in Warframe wants PvP," and so on. 
I follow the tradition.
But seriously ... don't you like PvP in the Railjack?
With a space battle, the possibility of boarding enemy ships, a battle in the ship itself? I’ll clarify that the post you quoted was about this - PvP in Railjack. Not BR.
Of course, as completely separate from PvE mode.
Strange ..., imho for fans of PvP is a good option) 
All my friends from Warframe who love PvP would be happy with such a regime.
However, the taste and color ... not so no)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falconer777 said:

I follow the tradition.
With a space battle, the possibility of boarding enemy ships, a battle in the ship itself? I’ll clarify that the post you quoted was about this - PvP in Railjack. Not BR.

Hmm...this would possibly work if players are not playing as Player Characters. (IE: Corpus, Grineer, etc)
Otherwise the problems that plague Conclave would carry over to Railjack, but only become even worse.
DE needs to revamp PVP as a whole before they should try mixing it into any new modes.

Going off the Tennocon Footage, that small space would be a nightmare to PVP in. It'd pretty much be an easy kill for the invaders, "Break in & spin, get crits, kill confirmed, then leave"
If the crew tries to be prepared then the enemy team just shoots the ship to holy hell, if they try to defend the ship (man the stations) then the above happens.

• Like 1

26 минут назад, (PS4)Zero_029 сказал:

Hmm...this would possibly work if players are not playing as Player Characters. (IE: Corpus, Grineer, etc)
Otherwise the problems that plague Conclave would carry over to Railjack, but only become even worse.
DE needs to revamp PVP as a whole before they should try mixing it into any new modes.

Yes, with regard to boarding, and the battle inside the ships - I agree, with the existing system of the Conclave, this is unlikely to be an impressive experience).
The mode of the old Dark Sectors or Grineer vs. Corps (in short, an ordinary shooter) would be more playable for most players.

Edited by Falconer777

On 2019-01-06 at 11:35 PM, Corvid said:

Having used both of those weapons regularly, they are hitscan. It's possible that you are mistaking the tracer effect for a projectile.

Try them again and see. It is extremely noticable in PoE when shooting at moving ships. Fire ahead of them and you'll see plenty of hits as they fly into the actual projectiles when you stop firing.

4 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

No.

If I want that I'll play Guns of Icarus or something which is actually designed around this type of combat.

Furthermore, I genuinely can't see how this would be interesting, nor how it would be implemented nor the explanation for why we're blowing each other up.

• Like 1

Fk BR... No thanks. Id rather see an invasion system where you can invade controlling a grineer/corpus/infested type of enemy and invade others mission with an amount of Cooldown to avoid the invasion spam.
Say... invade as a bombard, or juggernaut, or ancient etc etc

Edited by TzXtetriC

If you want BR then go play one of the many games out there that offer this and leave WF as the queen of pve.

Plus, if BR ever did come to WF you would see a huge influx of 8-12 yo kiddies and the game balanced around keeping them happy.  So fck all the adults who have invested hundreds if not thousands of hours into the game over many years.

So no, just no to any form of BR. 

1 час назад, DeMonkey сказал:

No.

If I want that I'll play Guns of Icarus or something which is actually designed around this type of combat.

Furthermore, I genuinely can't see how this would be interesting, nor how it would be implemented nor the explanation for why we're blowing each other up.

I understand you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Though I have to admit, I'd like to see two or three Tenno ships fighting against something on the scale of a Fomorian in Railjack.

1 hour ago, TzXtetriC said:

Fk BR... No thanks. Id rather see an invasion system where you can invade controlling a grineer/corpus/infested type of enemy and invade others mission with an amount of Cooldown to avoid the invasion spam.
Say... invade as a bombard, or juggernaut, or ancient etc etc

"Agent Hunt" from RE6 was honestly one of my favorite modes.

You didn't play anything but a regular NPC and it took strategy, and at times skill.

Was super satisfying to take down players as a grunt. Haha.

But it was balanced as hell. Even for PVE players since regular NPCs aren't super threatening unless ignored.

The only thing capcom did that ruined the mode was that they allowed players to have Agent Hunt active alongside Infinite Ammo. So most players just used Infinite Ammo & Magnums to 1 shot everything.

=/

Why turn the mode on if you will never even know someone was a monster?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

No.

Well for PvP there would be no real purpose, other than to see who can be top of the leaderboard...and maybe some exclusive cosmetics.

I suppose lore-wise it could be some sort of Tenno Top Gun academy, where the best of the best are pitted against each other. Maybe the winner gets a special "Conclave Champion 2019" glyph, or something?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well for PvP there would be no real purpose, other than to see who can be top of the leaderboard...and maybe some exclusive cosmetics.

At least current conclave has an element of skill, and if you enjoy skill based shooters like that then there's something for you. I gave it a crack and after putting in a fair amount of hours, it's not for me.

With Railjack PvP though... yeah, I can't see any real purpose. Not even from a skill based PvP perspective. You're likely going to be flying the exact same ship around an open environment shooting each other with the exact same weapons, with the only obstacles really being asteroids... How much room is there for skill? How much room is there for variety? I dunno... I think if DE want to make PvP, it needs to be an entirely separate game built from the ground up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

At least current conclave has an element of skill, and if you enjoy skill based shooters like that then there's something for you. I gave it a crack and after putting in a fair amount of hours, it's not for me.

With Railjack PvP though... yeah, I can't see any real purpose. Not even from a skill based PvP perspective. You're likely going to be flying the exact same ship around an open environment shooting each other with the exact same weapons, with the only obstacles really being asteroids... How much room is there for skill? How much room is there for variety? I dunno... I think if DE want to make PvP, it needs to be an entirely separate game built from the ground up.

Oh God...PvP mode with spaceships... :surprised:

Gotta love some of the ideas people throw out there. Given their way, Warframe would end up being a Shadows of Mordor / Skyforge / Elite Dangerous / CS: GO / Overwatch mashup.

Still, reading these threads does make me giggle.

FWIW I think there is room for a PvP mode in this game, but it would need to be entirely separate from all the solo quests and team-based missions.

None of this BS about people being able to play as Stalker and bushwack you in the middle of missions.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2019-01-08 at 7:52 AM, Falconer777 said:

I follow the tradition.

if your "type "nobody in warframe wants PVP" and so on" is referencing what i said, nice try but that isnt what i said, i said something along the lines of "go into region chat and ask if people want more PVP stuff"

as for what your describing with space battles and boarding enemy ships, as well as fighting inside a space ship, that would be amazing yes, but NOT on warframe, on another game/as its own game? shut up and take my money, on warframe? NO

29 минут назад, Joltyboi сказал:

as for what your describing with space battles and boarding enemy ships, as well as fighting inside a space ship, that would be amazing yes, but NOT on warframe, on another game/as its own game? shut up and take my money, on warframe? NO

How does it concern you? Already it is clear, you do not like PvP in Warframe. I wrote that this idea might appeal to those who love PvP in Warframe. 

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

And no

Basically this thread is created for reputation farm or at least those whom saying no getting a lot of reputation here. 

On a constructive note. This game mode would not work in warframe because the game is created and balanced around for a coop horde shoot base. You cannot add a game mode in the known conditions and balance. This game mode would not work here because they need to redo a lot of mechanics and basically nerf every weapon and abilities in order to make players equal and we did not talk about the peer to peer issues here. Their netcode is not so great and they won't rent dedicated servers to make the game more enjoyable. 

From this you can make a consequences how many peoples would bite you for this because the majority tend to hate the pvp here and currently the game is not capable for deeper pvp.