Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heat Seeking Bullets

(PSN)Ballsmanjoe69

Title says it all. Many people complain about how much movement there is in this game, and demand that the movement be nerfed in conclave. However, I think the movement is what makes this game unique. If we took the parkour movement away, it would be like every other shooter out there. You know how many shooters are out there? About as many as there are genders in 2019 (too many). Which is why I suggest heat seeking bullets/arrows. Now I'm not saying bullets should just fly around in all directions until they hit someone, I'm just suggesting a little bit of heat seeking to help out with aiming. Furthermore, I also believe it would make a lot of sense if the bullets that hit an enemy straight on, without needing to curve, would do more damage. This would reward players for having good aim, and make it less of a spray fest. I think heat seeking bullets would also help newer players get into pvp, as there is a very steep learning curve, and can be very frustrating at first.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Ok there seems to be some pretty major misunderstandings as to what I'm trying to say. Basically, when i say heat seeking I mean the bullets SLIGHTLY curve toward the player you are aiming at. I'll say it again: slightly. Also, I'm suggesting that the bullets that needed to curve to hit the opponent would do much less damage. Maybe like 50%, or even 25%. The whole reason why I'm suggesting this is because right now, in the current state of conclave, the most common way to shoot an enemy down is when they aren't being very mobile (maybe they're shooting at someone or you are following right behind them in a straight line). The reason I suggest a slight heat seeking element to bullets, is because it would give players a reason to shoot at someone that is spamming bullet jumps/rolls in all directions. That way we could keep the mobility aspect of warframe, which is what makes it unique, and still allow for an offensive answer to constant rolls/bullet jumps.

Edited by (PS4)Ballsmanjoe69

Yes, heat seeking bullets to help new players who don't have even a modicum of movement skills be even easier to hit by conclave regulars by not even requiring actually aiming at them, just around them.

It was only a matter of time, really. Eventually we'll have bullets that delete their accounts for ever thinking they're allowed to play conclave in the first place.

It could be neat as some kind of dynamic balance tool that auto adjusts depending of player performance relative to that of the rest of the players in the lobby (not a toggle that anyone can turn on despite of their skills or in order to trivialize the game using game mechanics), this way someone struggling to get kills on his own can have a performance bump while playing against more skilled players while keeping things as a matter of rae aim while playing against players on their own level and below. 

I'd still argue for some weapons such as Ignis series or Arca Plasmor (someone might wat to add more to the list) to not be affected by a system like this due to their already huge aoe hitbox.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Karolus XII said:

Why are ideas like this allowed in conclave feedback?

Because if implemented right, a system like this could help to make up for the lack of a skill based matchmaking and allow for better matches instead of having players on either side of a stomp since having a match and leaving 31/3 because your enemies have no idea of what they are doing is not fun for either side anyways. I see, however, how an idea like this would be a huge gamble in a hit or miss situation.

Also because it's an open forum, so anyone can come here and post ideas to be discussed, however, the quality of the ideas posted here being different for each player is an entirely different thing and thats where discussion is born.

Btw, one could argue that comments like yours in this thread aren't constructive in any way to the forums since you are basically trying to shot the idea down without explaining why you see this idea as a bad thing, there's no feedback from you to this feedback thread.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

It could be neat as some kind of dynamic balance tool that auto adjusts depending of player performance relative to that of the rest of the players in the lobby (not a toggle that anyone can turn on despite of their skills or in order to trivialize the game using game mechanics), this way someone struggling to get kills on his own can have a performance bump while playing against more skilled players while keeping things as a matter of rae aim while playing against players on their own level and below. 

I'd still argue for some weapons such as Ignis series or Arca Plasmor (someone might wat to add more to the list) to not be affected by a system like this due to their already huge aoe hitbox.

Because if implemented right, a system like this could help to make up for the lack of a skill based matchmaking and allow for better matches instead of having players on either side of a stomp since having a match and leaving 31/3 because your enemies have no idea of what they are doing is not fun for either side anyways. I see, however, how an idea like this would be a huge gamble in a hit or miss situation.

Also because it's an open forum, so anyone can come here and post ideas to be discussed, however, the quality of the ideas posted here being different for each player is an entirely different thing and thats where discussion is born.

Btw, one could argue that comments like yours in this thread aren't constructive in any way to the forums since you are basically trying to shot the idea down without explaining why you see this idea as a bad thing, there's no feedback from you to this feedback thread.

I don't want everyone to turn into aimbot Loki decoys. Is that too much to ask for? I also feel like this wouldn't help new players as much as you think it would in conclave. If I don't have to hit with my snipetron any more, then what's the point in using it? I'll just put on the Supra and hold down the trigger because I don't need to be accurate, I just need to be close. 

Edited by (XB1)Karolus XII
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)Karolus XII said:

I want don't everyone to turn into aimbot Loki decoys. Is that too much to ask for? I also feel like this wouldn't help new players as much as you think it would in conclave. If I don't have to hit with my snipetron any more, then what's the point in using it? I'll just put on the Supra and hold down the trigger because I don't need to be accurate, I just need to be close. 

That's exactly why i think it could be added as a dynamic balance option to help less skilled players get a small performance boost to make up for the skill gap between the top killers and those who can't hit much. Think of it akin to the old mortal kombat games handicap option where the player winning starts dealing less damage than the loser until the matches start becoming balanced between both sides. Granted, balancing between 2 players is much easier than doing it between up to 8, but i think it's an idea worth being tried as long as it does NOT end up as a toggle that anyone can enable regardless of their skill level.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A full-on crosshair "magnetism" as per Halo's definition(shifting weapon fire to a hidden crosshair closer to the nearest target) isn't a good idea for Conclave IMO. Although average players could fight someone back with it, great players are still going to constantly shut them down, regardless of whether they are using it or not.

That said, the idea has a slight merit in projectile weapons. As of now, leading airborne targets with them at close range feels extremely inconsistent for me, and i'm assuming this has to do with perspective correction being based on firing a projectile from the current weapon's "barrel" towards the 3D coordinates of the point the player's crosshair is pointing to.  An idea that i think would improve use for these in conclave(though of rather limited usefulness in PvE) would be instead firing the projectile towards a point still intersecting the crosshair's "depth" line, but with depth corrected to be closer to the most-likely-intended-target as opposed to a point in the background.

Lets all hope DE will make SOME quality of life fixes to Conclave together with Stalker Mode that is coming this year 😉 like match browser, newbie loadouts, Starchart node etc.

To Hearseeking I think that it could work in Recruit matches where players learn how to play, not in normal matches.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-01-05 at 10:46 PM, (XB1)Solar Rails said:

Why are ideas like this allowed in conclave feedback?

because the world doesnt revolve around you and people are allowed to have opinions and give feedback.

About aiming for conclave, personally it wasnt tooooo much of an issue for me.....what bothered me most was the unfair matchups. A noob being thrown into a match with people who high level conclave mods? Yikes, that's just asking newbies to not try conclave. There's no fariness in that.