Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe causes PS4 controller camera to move on its own.

(PSN)corpusbonds

This is a very frustrating problem I have been having since about a month ago.

I have three controllers, one is default, and the other two are fairly new (one being two months old). Please keep in mind all of these controllers are official Sony ones. 

During gameplay in warframe, the camera will completely rotate (speed varies) and makes gameplay messy and annoying. 

At first I thought it was my controller due to a faulty calibration, so I have recalibrated them all and made sure they were up to date. However, even with that it hasn’t helped.

Warframe is the ONLY GAME my controllers wonk out on. I’ve tried other games, played them for a while and have had no issues. Warframe, within the hour, starts causing my controllers to mess up.

Hopefully this is something this can be looked into, though it sounds tricky so I’m not exactly sure if it will be.  

I actually figured out that the controllers seem to be doing this ONLY on Fortuna!

I had played for a long while today, mostly relics and dojo things, and none of my controllers had rotated. I had just started a pigment run on Fortuna, then bam, full rotation of the camera.

I don’t know specifically Fortuna, but that’s what seems to trigger it

I had similar recently but my controller was legitimately broken with a misalligned analog.  It would only happen after so often at first (every few hours) but over time got progressively worse until at the end it was happening anytime I touched the stick (every few seconds).  It started off very infrequent.   My issue was the analog didn't return to perfect center - though the human eye would have never thought different, as it looked proper, it was like a fraction of a mm off and that was enough to cause the issue.  Games with super high sensitivity like Warframe were making it worse... After I got myself a new controller at Xmas the issue went away.

The fact you have this problem on multiple controllers and experience this is the weirder part of it all.  Hopefully if its a bug they fix it for you - because yeah, nothing is more annoying than a camera with a mind of its own in a shooter game where you need the camera to cooperate.   One thing we do need is a Deadzone slider in the controls, that way if it is a faulty stick we can atleast mitigate it...

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

That’s what’s weird to me, too.

It started happening on my older controller (about 6 months), so I thought maybe it was just going. But then it started to act up on a controller that was only two months old.

Sure I was upset, but when I tried it on other games (mine craft and some others), but the rotation or movement or whatever was bound to the right anolog stick just.. didn’t happen.

Hell, even in normal warframe it doesn’t do it. Normal missions I mean. What’s weirder is that it’s affecting fiance’s Controllers too! 

I’m at a loss. I’ve tried recalibrating them but nothing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I was the only with the problem and got no idea how to fix it. I am starting to get really pissed off it happens so random the right aim/camara stick without me even touching it steers to the left messing up my game play.

Edit it happens on every mission I play. Have not checked other games I have if its a controller issue it self. But the sudden jerk to the left for me wanting to do a cool run and jump/slide or during combat I at end of patience.

Edited by (PS4)Shieldmaiden83

• 2 years later...