Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons underpowered at high level

-Sentient-

1 hour ago, Retepzednem said:

the problem with melee currently is it relies on the combo counter  wich is useless because it only stays up for a whopping 3 seconds  without mods  

so raw crit damage weapons are mediocre compared to status unless you can force them to red crit 

any maiming strike and  slide attack macro  build  isnt a real build thats basically considered an exploit by DE  only reason they havent nerfed the thing is because melee 3.0  is coming 

think we should just get combo counter bumped to 10s baseline currently if melee 3.0 is not coming till like december or next year 

Psssss....ever heared of Drifting contact? Its only 5 cap at max and it gives status chance so its a win win mod.

And you need only 15hits to get to 2x your melee dmg,  you seem to ignore it unless the weapon can red crit fast.

9 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

I Dont have Meme strike or any riven in a weapon,just a normal build,and the only weapons that can kill level 70 bois is the Gram and Paracesis.

Do you use condition overload and/or bloodrush? Because you should be using them.

12 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

I Dont have Meme strike or any riven in a weapon,just a normal build,and the only weapons that can kill level 70 bois is the Gram and Paracesis.

Good, at least we getting somewhere. OP, this whole topic people have commented how you can improve your melee with almost no mention of using rivens and maiming strike.Get the right mod setup and your golden in most cases.

Now what is your style? You mainly use quick melee or go full melee(with combos)?

• Like 1

Just now, HellVOps said:

Good, at least we getting somewhere. OP, this whole topic people have commented how you can improve your melee with almost no mention of using rivens and maiming strike.Get the right mod setup and your golden in most cases.

Now what is your style? You mainly use quick melee or go full melee(with combos)?

Well since melee for me is underpowered at high levels i go quickmelee

I really loved melee,but since i hit high levels its all goin to hell.

6 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Well since melee for me is underpowered at high levels i go quickmelee

I really loved melee,but since i hit high levels its all goin to hell.

I have no issues getting melee kills on level 80-100 enemies, no Maiming Strike and no Rivens either!

Things to consider:

• Not all weapons are equal. Pay attention to stats like attack speed, damage type, critical chance, and status so you know what to build around. Also keep in mind what faction you are fighting and adjust your element mods accordingly.
  • Stance mods can make the difference. Unlike quick melee, attacking using a stance can let you access features attached to different combo strings like forced finishers, status procs, or even 200-400% damage multipliers on a strike! It may be worth your while to look up what each stance does on the Warframe wiki to better understand when to use certain combos.
  • The Combo Multiplier is your best friend! Building up a combo multiplies your damage with no drawbacks. It might be worth slotting in Drifting Contact or Body Count to keep your combo from dying easier. Blood Rush can increase your critical chance with the combo counter on top of that, making most melee weapons crit machines if you can keep getting those hits in. Weeping Wounds does the same with status chance, though both are event mods and may be difficult to obtain without trading currently.
  • Don’t forget about frame buffs. There are plenty of Warframe abilities that make getting your stab on a bit easier. Excalibur and Inaros can blind enemies for easy finishers. Volt and Valkyrie can increase their melee weapon attack speed. Rhino and Chroma can massively buff their melee damage. Any frame that can go invisible can easily get the 8x stealth melee damage multiplier. And there’s even more that I’m probably forgetting.

A lot of that was common knowledge stuff that you may already know but I hope some of it helps.

12 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Blood Rush can increase your critical chance with the combo counter on top of that, making most melee weapons crit machines if you can keep getting those hits in. Weeping Wounds does the same with status chance, though both are event mods and may be difficult to obtain without trading currently.

I read this on a couple posts here, and I think you guys are forgetting that blood rush is obtainable in Lua, it's even a common drop for the first vault, got a bunch of those while farming (and not getting) high noon and cleaving whirlwind.

• Like 1