Cyst vaccine or wait time reduction, please

Just a quality-of-life thing, since I don't like the idea of A) getting a new Warframe infected the day I take it out to run missions with other people, and B) possibly infecting other people. Probably wouldn't be hard to do, either.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with that... Fashion frame is the real engame, and I constantly have to put up with this abomination on my neck for a rank and bank companion that I built ages ago. I dont CARE for the Hemlith. And even if I did, I already have one. Consider the ratio of cysts that lead to something being built from them versus the ones that are just a super hideous off color attachment nobody asked for and get removed asap.

Just open the door from day one of the infection, pls. It looks ugly.

Edited by random__noob
typo

I'd rather them fully flesh out  the whole thing with Helminth, because as it currently stands it is yet another unfinished aspect of the game.  DE implementing a way to remove the cysts at all was very much due to the incredibly high demand (honestly, the number of people who were freaking out about it is something I find hilarious), which from the way I see it, was a cheap and counter-intuitive way to put something out there to appease the rioting masses. 

Because of this quick cheap solution for removing the cysts, any new players who started playing after Nidus' release don't get to experience the infested room the way it it was originally intended - that Nidus was originally the only frame to be able to enter the room, to choose to sit in the chair to get infected with the intent of spreading the Helminth Virus to others. Because of this unique interaction, I believe that the dialogue with Helminth/Ordis was only meant for Nidus (it makes far more sense for Ordis freaking out over you deliberately getting infected, rather than curing it), and that they didn't change the dialogue trigger when the cure was implemented so now newer players tend to experience things out of order as many new players enter the Helminth room well before they ever even get Nidus.

Now, is any of that stuff all that important right now?  No.. not really.... But one could say the same for a little pink cyst that is purely cosmetic.... I've run into a good number of players who have no idea about the little interaction between Nidus and the Helminth room, and wish they did because one way or another, their ability to get Nidus infected with the chair got screwed up. 

My point being with all of this, is that we don't need another band-aid fix on a system that's not even complete yet.  Instead, the time and resources should be used to finish said system, with solutions to the things that people express concern with built into it.

All very well, Sin1989, but... I got an ugly pink attachment on a very prominent position of a lot of frames and every time i open a menu it screams in my face "LOOK AT HOW UGLY I AM! TOTALLY FREAKED OUT YET? DID I BLOW YOUR MIND?"

(the capslock was intended to portrait the offensive visual impact of the cyst. I consider it trying to get my point across instead of attempting to annoy people with capslock on. I also apologize.)

I don't really care about the cyst, I find it rather underwhelming and easily ignored.  

However, I would like to see some way to vaccinate our new 'frames against it.  Be it performing scans on Infested or other cystic players and then using a BP in the Foundry to create a vaccination we then apply to new 'frames we build, or something else, I think it would add some depth to the mechanic and provide more player control.

Maybe after 5 'frames are infected with the cyst, you get a mini quest to kick things off?

On 2019-01-20 at 2:00 AM, Chaemyerelis said:

Considering the lore. How are they even getting infected? 🤔

Nidus was the one who originally woke up the Helminth room.  He could infect other frames with it.  And those frames can *also* infect other frames.  The lore is that it's contagious.  It's a specialized strain of Infestation that can only affect Warframes, but spreads easily to uninfected frames.

I think in the recent devstream the devs mentioned that they want to get back to Helminth sometime "soon(tm)"  There was supposed to be more to the cyst and the helminth than just a big space hickey.  Maybe they'll repurpose it to be related to the new frame they hinted at, Wisp.  She certainly *looks* Infested themed, with the twisted leg and everything.  Or maybe it'll be tied to some other system they're planning.  Or maybe it'll be exactly like it is, a quarter of a feature that they stopped working on due to time constraints and never got back to.  😞

On 2019-01-20 at 12:46 PM, Sin1989 said:

I'd rather them fully flesh out  the whole thing with Helminth, because as it currently stands it is yet another unfinished aspect of the game.  DE implementing a way to remove the cysts at all was very much due to the incredibly high demand (honestly, the number of people who were freaking out about it is something I find hilarious), which from the way I see it, was a cheap and counter-intuitive way to put something out there to appease the rioting masses. 

Because of this quick cheap solution for removing the cysts, any new players who started playing after Nidus' release don't get to experience the infested room the way it it was originally intended - that Nidus was originally the only frame to be able to enter the room, to choose to sit in the chair to get infected with the intent of spreading the Helminth Virus to others. Because of this unique interaction, I believe that the dialogue with Helminth/Ordis was only meant for Nidus (it makes far more sense for Ordis freaking out over you deliberately getting infected, rather than curing it), and that they didn't change the dialogue trigger when the cure was implemented so now newer players tend to experience things out of order as many new players enter the Helminth room well before they ever even get Nidus.

Now, is any of that stuff all that important right now?  No.. not really.... But one could say the same for a little pink cyst that is purely cosmetic.... I've run into a good number of players who have no idea about the little interaction between Nidus and the Helminth room, and wish they did because one way or another, their ability to get Nidus infected with the chair got screwed up. 

My point being with all of this, is that we don't need another band-aid fix on a system that's not even complete yet.  Instead, the time and resources should be used to finish said system, with solutions to the things that people express concern with built into it.

Thanks for the explanation. As a relatively new player myself, I had no idea about the original purpose of the chair. Also have to say Ordis' dialogue always struck me a a little odd...but I didn't give it too much thought because he's always been "broken" to some degree and just thought it was another one of his eccentricities.

On 2019-01-20 at 3:46 PM, Sin1989 said:

Because of this quick cheap solution for removing the cysts, any new players who started playing after Nidus' release don't get to experience the infested room the way it it was originally intended - that Nidus was originally the only frame to be able to enter the room

Agreed - I got one pretty much right after I started playing. Got it on every new frame right after taking it for a stroll. Got the Charger already, removing the cyst from new frames becomes just a chore. Would like a switch to turn it off (and possibly turn it on again, if for some reason you want another Charger.)

48 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

However, I would like to see some way to vaccinate our new 'frames against it

Kinda like that.

He could infect other frames with it.  And those frames can *also* infect other frames.

And it's a full-scale pandemic now.

Edited by ArgusXen