Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum

Dominus

Im not sure if this has been suggested before but I think having a way to earn platinum would improve the gameplay experience for those who dont want to spend real money. This goes hand in hand with being able to use in game money for some currently platinum exclusive items; I read in another post how people favorably responded to the idea of being able to use credits for them, excluding some reasonable stuff (cosmetics, etc.) and so I thought both the players and the company would benefit from having a business model similar to a few MMO's like DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) wherein you could earn their platinum equivalent by participating in events, guild battles and the like. Also, how about being able to pay for an item with both plat and credits? Say for example you want the Ash blueprint but dont have enough creds, all you have is about 20k. So you click on the Ash blueprint and a box to enter the cred amount is there, while under it, one for plat. Then you type in your 20k and under it you put something like ten plat (depending on conversion rate) It seems to me that market flexibility like this would be well recieved.

maybe not earn platinium but make it so when it comes to a point in time in the near future that everything should be acesable threw credits and platinum and i think they should keep the blueprint ideas that way it dose not make it OP however instead of making it so we need to go find the blueprints for the warframe they should just make it so its rediculiously exspensive cause it takes to long to find them

I dont think this is how free to play games work.

I disagree with converting any credits to plats, dont worry I also like to have access to everything and not spend any plats, hence I havent rushed any of my bluprints. However this game has no sponsers other than the players, if we dont support it financially then it will die down eventually and will never progress. They give you 50 plats in game, that is enough to unlock two warfram premium skills.

I agree with the idea of special events that should rewards plats, that is a good idea. Special missions with special objectives that apprear once a month and that rewards 10 plats if won on first try. Something like that.

I also agree with you on the exclusive items, but think at it this way. What if your a developer, and try to make money off a product you are releasing, if the game is going to be completely free without any sponsors then it will die. Games like Kotr and Secret World had subscription based models and even they couldnt make enough money to keep the game rolling. So small stuff like this are in my opinion necessary to keep the wheels turning.

The warframe prices are specially expensive to encourage finding it on your own. Instead of buying it off. So I think its kinda fair.

Anyway, that is what I think.

I dont think this is how free to play games work.

I disagree with converting any credits to plats, dont worry I also like to have access to everything and not spend any plats, hence I havent rushed any of my bluprints. However this game has no sponsers other than the players, if we dont support it financially then it will die down eventually and will never progress. They give you 50 plats in game, that is enough to unlock two warfram premium skills.

I agree with the idea of special events that should rewards plats, that is a good idea. Special missions with special objectives that apprear once a month and that rewards 10 plats if won on first try. Something like that.

I also agree with you on the exclusive items, but think at it this way. What if your a developer, and try to make money off a product you are releasing, if the game is going to be completely free without any sponsors then it will die. Games like Kotr and Secret World had subscription based models and even they couldnt make enough money to keep the game rolling. So small stuff like this are in my opinion necessary to keep the wheels turning.

The warframe prices are specially expensive to encourage finding it on your own. Instead of buying it off. So I think its kinda fair.

Anyway, that is what I think.

On your first point, let me clarify; the idea im proposing is being able to use plats + creds for most items (not all, obviously) , not conversion per se but being able to purchase an item using a combination of the two. Like a weapon, say the Snipetron, which is priced at 50k creds or 225 plats. Im thinking instead of purchasing it PURELY with 50k creds or 225 plats, you could buy it with say 25k creds AND 112 plats, or whatever their rate would be. Like paying for dinner at a restaurant half with your credit card and half with cash. This is merely an idea to add more options to the player when looking to purchase an item in game, im not saying everything should be available with creds because I do agree that the game does need financial support from its gamer base.

Im glad you agree with the events. In my experience these events, aside from being fun and adding a new dynamic to the game, are used as a marketing tool also, bringing more players into the game which also brings in profits which also helps the game itself as experienced by its players.

On exclusive items, I guess its up to the devs to figure out exactly what kind of exclusive items would appeal to the players enough to spend real money on them. Right now for most items, you either spend time or money on them, and when you take away the possibility of purchasing the thing by spending enough time collecting credits in game, then that item needs to be able to justify its existence as a plat only item, which is difficult, given the varying opinions of their market. I wish you luck, Warframe devs. This game has a lot of potential, and i'd hate to see it go the way most mmos go these days.