Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Bear

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

^ true, but in the case of these two they have been Infected by a strain who mutated them in different ways.

Besides, Typhus got turned into a leech by the virus, makim him a dark knight, can he be trusted?

Baphomet was a healer, then found a wsy to allow the virus to mutate himself, maby lowering the immunity to the virus.

Remember, Baphomet is probably Orokin and not Tenno, like the Stalker.

So quiet...

Why?

DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS THREAD!

Edited by Drejzer

Question, is the Lore still the same?

If he was once a great Healer and then became twisted by the technocite, how do you imagine he looked?

I am thinking of doing the body in sucj a way that the original warframe shows in places.

It's easy to imagine a Prime beneath the red and grey, but something cooler would be even better!

And the name... perhaps something angelic , the opposite of his new self?

You submitted this for the Infestation Submissions I hope?

No bosses allowed. He DID submit a concept (which I found AWFULLY similar to Merihem) that did win, though.

Yes Morec0 I agree it was basically his trusted beast.

I am unsure if DE would go for Baaphomet in the current stare though.

He would probably need a redesign based on either Orokin or Infested.

Personally I would love it if he was one infested boss, perhaps once being a "handler" of the Tenno.

Envy and curiosity drove him to extreme experiments to be greater than the tenno.

He suceeded, but lost some sanity to the swarm.

Now he is like Kerrigan in Star craft, guiding the infested and in result evolving them to beings with a higher awareness.

Still hope DE speaks up about him at one point.

One thing about Baphomet's quotes: they all refer to himself as an individual ("I/me"), rather than part of a collective ("we"). He also refers to himself and his "steed" as separate entities. These 2 things contradict with his nature as one of the Infested, as they are supposed to be a collective hive-mind of sorts.

Perhaps he can refer to himself as more of a "vessel" for the infestation, allowing himself to be an individual without completely conflicting with the basic theme of the Infested?

One thing about Baphomet's quotes: they all refer to himself as an individual ("I/me"), rather than part of a collective ("we"). He also refers to himself and his "steed" as separate entities. These 2 things contradict with his nature as one of the Infested, as they are supposed to be a collective hive-mind of sorts.

Perhaps he can refer to himself as more of a "vessel" for the infestation, allowing himself to be an individual without completely conflicting with the basic theme of the Infested?

Think like the Borg Queen from Star Trek. A central personality both a part of a collective and just as separate.

That's how I envision him anyways.

Think like the Borg Queen from Star Trek. A central personality both a part of a collective and just as separate.

Have you given any thought to him ib relation to the new Infested tileset and new units?

Merihem would be better used as a Juggernaut now, I suppose.

As for the tileset, I am still waiting to see what they manage to wow me with.

• Upvote 3

Well, I mean, that works, yes, but how with you have the quotes written Baphomet sounds more like an arrogant king than leader of a collective.

He doesn't have to possess absolutely zero individuality, just a little less "me" and a little more "us".

Well the Borg Queen referr to her self as:

"I am the Borg."

Contradictory since she is an individual? Or a shared link?

• Upvote 1

Well the Borg Queen referr to her self as:

"I am the Borg."

Contradictory since she is an individual? Or a shared link?

Definitely Borg influence vying against an individual personality (whether she realizes it or not) - and therefore manifesting as both at the same time,

Well, I mean, that works, yes, but how with you have the quotes written Baphomet sounds more like an arrogant king than leader of a collective.

He doesn't have to possess absolutely zero individuality, just a little less "me" and a little more "us".

Well, again, I envisioned Baphomet as someone who became a part of the infested in order to control it. The lotus lines warn of his control over the infested, as if he became a part of the Infested to rule over it.

I will revisit the lines and see if I am missing something.

although its a nice design and i can see you really put lots of effort into it, it really moves away from the whole warframe look 

it looks more like a demon you would find in diablo and not in warframe :P

Edited by CryoClaw

although its a nice design and i can see you really put lots of effort into it, it really moves away from the whole warframe look 

I disagree.

I disagree.

Could you say why?

I think the idea is to have a humanoid Warframe/Tenno shape that has been fully overcome and covered by Infestation, resulting in something that looks more organic than even the base Warframe armor while still maintaining a twinge of armoring to it. Also keep in mind that these are JUST concept art pieces, and as such can not FULLY and accurately portray how the character may look were he introduced in the game proper.

But, yes, there IS mean to be a demonic influence in the design - even the name "Baphomet" comes from a classic demon.

Edited by Morec0

One could argue that Oberon and Nekros and Hydroid are very extreme, just like Baphomet. Mythical themes is nothing new to this game.

I thought of a name suggestion for when he was a benevolent Healer; Seraph.

He had a different appearance and took a new name when he was transformed.

• Upvote 1

That is some awesome voice acting my friend.

Damn... thanks... Personally I think it's fairly mediocre, and I probably could do a lot better - especially on that last line, but, eh, hindsight's 20/20.