Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

One thing about Baphomet's quotes: they all refer to himself as an individual ("I/me"), rather than part of a collective ("we"). He also refers to himself and his "steed" as separate entities. These 2 things contradict with his nature as one of the Infested, as they are supposed to be a collective hive-mind of sorts.

Perhaps he can refer to himself as more of a "vessel" for the infestation, allowing himself to be an individual without completely conflicting with the basic theme of the Infested?

One thing about Baphomet's quotes: they all refer to himself as an individual ("I/me"), rather than part of a collective ("we"). He also refers to himself and his "steed" as separate entities. These 2 things contradict with his nature as one of the Infested, as they are supposed to be a collective hive-mind of sorts.

Perhaps he can refer to himself as more of a "vessel" for the infestation, allowing himself to be an individual without completely conflicting with the basic theme of the Infested?

Think like the Borg Queen from Star Trek. A central personality both a part of a collective and just as separate.

That's how I envision him anyways.

Think like the Borg Queen from Star Trek. A central personality both a part of a collective and just as separate.

Have you given any thought to him ib relation to the new Infested tileset and new units?

Well, I mean, that works, yes, but how with you have the quotes written Baphomet sounds more like an arrogant king than leader of a collective.

He doesn't have to possess absolutely zero individuality, just a little less "me" and a little more "us".

Well the Borg Queen referr to her self as:

"I am the Borg."

Contradictory since she is an individual? Or a shared link?

Definitely Borg influence vying against an individual personality (whether she realizes it or not) - and therefore manifesting as both at the same time,

Well, I mean, that works, yes, but how with you have the quotes written Baphomet sounds more like an arrogant king than leader of a collective.

He doesn't have to possess absolutely zero individuality, just a little less "me" and a little more "us".

Well, again, I envisioned Baphomet as someone who became a part of the infested in order to control it. The lotus lines warn of his control over the infested, as if he became a part of the Infested to rule over it.

I will revisit the lines and see if I am missing something.

although its a nice design and i can see you really put lots of effort into it, it really moves away from the whole warframe look 

it looks more like a demon you would find in diablo and not in warframe :P

Edited by CryoClaw

I disagree.

Could you say why?

although its a nice design and i can see you really put lots of effort into it, it really moves away from the whole warframe look 

it looks more like a demon you would find in diablo and not in warframe :P

I think the idea is to have a humanoid Warframe/Tenno shape that has been fully overcome and covered by Infestation, resulting in something that looks more organic than even the base Warframe armor while still maintaining a twinge of armoring to it. Also keep in mind that these are JUST concept art pieces, and as such can not FULLY and accurately portray how the character may look were he introduced in the game proper.

But, yes, there IS mean to be a demonic influence in the design - even the name "Baphomet" comes from a classic demon.

Edited by Morec0

• 3 weeks later...

So long as the fight doesn't consist of running around while he sits in invincible shield and then when that shield is down he can only be damaged when you shoot one tiny little weak spot on him then I'm all for this.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd seem like a nice change from the Nordic names, though for a Tenno to succumb to the Technocyte...

...wouldn't that defy the concept of being a Tenno?  From what I'm seeing, the Tenno were very much like Hayden and Nadia : infected by the Technocyte (which is why the infested are able to telepathically communicate with the Tenno to come over and join them), but retaining their sanity (at least, to an extent, as with Hayden and Valkyr).  So what reason would Baphomet have to lose his trust in the Tenno and integrate himself within the Infested ranks?

After all, the Tenno themselves are already defined as the Betrayers by the Corpus and the Stalker...

It'd seem like a nice change from the Nordic names, though for a Tenno to succumb to the Technocyte...

...wouldn't that defy the concept of being a Tenno?  From what I'm seeing, the Tenno were very much like Hayden and Nadia : infected by the Technocyte (which is why the infested are able to telepathically communicate with the Tenno to come over and join them), but retaining their sanity (at least, to an extent, as with Hayden and Valkyr).  So what reason would Baphomet have to lose his trust in the Tenno and integrate himself within the Infested ranks?

After all, the Tenno themselves are already defined as the Betrayers by the Corpus and the Stalker...

...that would be true, but I have never said that Baphomet was one of the Tenno.

Lets consider the current, somewhat confusing, Lore.

The Technocyte is nanobots, mikroskopik robots. They can be ptogrammed to do anything, from curing cancer to building a high tech semi-sentient exosuit.

The Infested are obviously at s point where;

A) Programmed to be a weapon.

B) The nanobots acheived self-awareness or somehow mutated the host into super beings.

Either way, a Tenno gains the space-ninja powas from the Void space hellish energy.

Is the technocyte in their blood at the time? Is it even the same nanobots?

If not, we can spekulate that a Tenno can in fact become infected by the aggressive strain if that strain defeats the hosts strain.

Think of it as a war.

Now, imagine that anyone could reprogram the virus, creating a new strain. Like Stalkers, or lower guardians.

Imagine if one Orokin did just that in order to take control of the infestation, and gain immortality in the process.

Now imagine that Baphomet is that orokin.