Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Bear

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

So long as the fight doesn't consist of running around while he sits in invincible shield and then when that shield is down he can only be damaged when you shoot one tiny little weak spot on him then I'm all for this.

baphmericolor_zpsbad7559c.png

Got the inspiration for another Baphomet Picture today.... so drew it.

• Upvote 2

It'd seem like a nice change from the Nordic names, though for a Tenno to succumb to the Technocyte...

...wouldn't that defy the concept of being a Tenno?  From what I'm seeing, the Tenno were very much like Hayden and Nadia : infected by the Technocyte (which is why the infested are able to telepathically communicate with the Tenno to come over and join them), but retaining their sanity (at least, to an extent, as with Hayden and Valkyr).  So what reason would Baphomet have to lose his trust in the Tenno and integrate himself within the Infested ranks?

After all, the Tenno themselves are already defined as the Betrayers by the Corpus and the Stalker...

It'd seem like a nice change from the Nordic names, though for a Tenno to succumb to the Technocyte...

...wouldn't that defy the concept of being a Tenno?  From what I'm seeing, the Tenno were very much like Hayden and Nadia : infected by the Technocyte (which is why the infested are able to telepathically communicate with the Tenno to come over and join them), but retaining their sanity (at least, to an extent, as with Hayden and Valkyr).  So what reason would Baphomet have to lose his trust in the Tenno and integrate himself within the Infested ranks?

After all, the Tenno themselves are already defined as the Betrayers by the Corpus and the Stalker...

...that would be true, but I have never said that Baphomet was one of the Tenno.

Lets consider the current, somewhat confusing, Lore.

The Technocyte is nanobots, mikroskopik robots. They can be ptogrammed to do anything, from curing cancer to building a high tech semi-sentient exosuit.

The Infested are obviously at s point where;

A) Programmed to be a weapon.

B) The nanobots acheived self-awareness or somehow mutated the host into super beings.

Either way, a Tenno gains the space-ninja powas from the Void space hellish energy.

Is the technocyte in their blood at the time? Is it even the same nanobots?

If not, we can spekulate that a Tenno can in fact become infected by the aggressive strain if that strain defeats the hosts strain.

Think of it as a war.

Now, imagine that anyone could reprogram the virus, creating a new strain. Like Stalkers, or lower guardians.

Imagine if one Orokin did just that in order to take control of the infestation, and gain immortality in the process.

Now imagine that Baphomet is that orokin.

...that would be true, but I have never said that Baphomet was one of the Tenno.

In any case, both Tenno and Baphomet betrayed the Orokin. I guess (should DE choose to accept this) the reason why they're at each other's throats can be left to obscurity / quest lines?

In any case, both Tenno and Baphomet betrayed the Orokin. I guess (should DE choose to accept this) the reason why they're at each other's throats can be left to obscurity / quest lines?

I would suspect the Lotus is involved.

It's so saddening...

I'll go and look for some book about Necromancy...

Hmmm. Should I get on with creating a completed model of Baphomet then?

If so, what alterations should I put in place, if any?

Actually this is a question for all who like this concept and like me, would like to see it in 3d, hopefully animated.

IImagine DE wouls really make this happen. What do you think/hope they will do with this boss?

Argh... Tough question...

I'd hope they didn't change him too much.

I would love to see the original exosuit/warframe tech at places.

The infestation clearly twisted and changed him, from the healer he once was.

+1 would fight this boss a million times. I think that a new infested boss would be awesome. Maybe infested Alad V? xD

Besides his pet this guy has more of a assassins feel to him like the stalker, harvest and the grustrag 3

I have been swaying towards more of a Stalker / Harvester type encounter lately. May redraw that scene.

I really dig this. Actually looks like an end game villain. Like if you encountered this guy, you'd know the fate of the world is pretty much riding on you kicking his &#!.

I have been swaying towards more of a Stalker / Harvester type encounter lately. May redraw that scene.

Hmm. Ok, new face of the infested then? Sort of Kerrigan from star craft.

If so, he should be given important Lore and ties to Alad maby.

Oh, and drop Typhus?

Hmm. Ok, new face of the infested then? Sort of Kerrigan from star craft.

If so, he should be given important Lore and ties to Alad maby.

Oh, and drop Typhus?

That would be appropriate.

I like the idea of this frame. Warframe needs more "evil" frames, not to mention he kind of has a polar opposite feel when compared to "good" frames like Oberon

I like the idea of this frame. Warframe needs more "evil" frames, not to mention he kind of has a polar opposite feel when compared to "good" frames like Oberon

...ummm

You know, that it's a boss concept, don't you?