Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I'm glad to hear that.

You know... I'm still waiting when are they going to allow us to assist The Infestation...

... You know, you just about said the in-game equivalent of: "I wanna purposefully infect people with rabies!"

No, I am against discrimination between species, and wish for The Balance.

And I tract Infestation as a faction of very well organized, sentient, thinking beings.

Oh come on! There MUST be someone that agrees with me!

Just you wait.

DE is not done with revamping the infested yet. Of course they have a hive-mind, just watch them fight.

Edit* Cut the power? How can they cut the power? They're animals!

Edited by arch111

Just you wait.

DE is not done with revamping the infested yet. Of course they have a hive-mind, just watch them fight.

Edit* Cut the power? How can they cut the power? They're animals!

You've clearly never had a mouse chew through the wiring in your home.

There are ALREADY problems with the survival on earth!

'sides, played a survival on the new Eris map a while ago - Lotus mentioned "Spores", so I'm thinking that, rather than draining the oxygen by turning off life support, the Infested biomass home releases spores to counteract the invading force (like a body releasing antibodies to stop disease). May not have been updated for everywhere yet.

• 1 month later...

Recently I have been thinking about the villain and what he really could be, lore wise.

What exites me most, is if Baphomet is not Tenno, but a remnant of the Orokin Bioweapon Division.

He among others, studied the Technocyte, refined it, developed it. From several strains the Gholems and other bio-weapons were developed.

This was during the Sentient War, but before the Tenno. As the leading scientist, Baphomet worked on creating the perfect soldier. And like all proper villains with a Dr prefix, he used himself as ground 0.

Alad V is doing the same thing, but with a wild strain. Baphomet is evolved tc, mastery of biomatter. The power of the technocyte made to counter the Sentient threat.

When the Tenno were put in service, he and his minions were no longer needed and this made him reject the Orokin Empire and swore he would see them hunted down and their towers burn.

He is one of the others Stalker mentions, and may have been instrumental in the Tenno uprising.

So he should have a unique faction all based on tc abd not the void.

Your thoughts?

Recently I have been thinking about the villain and what he really could be, lore wise.

What exites me most, is if Baphomet is not Tenno, but a remnant of the Orokin Bioweapon Division.

He among others, studied the Technocyte, refined it, developed it. From several strains the Gholems and other bio-weapons were developed.

This was during the Sentient War, but before the Tenno. As the leading scientist, Baphomet worked on creating the perfect soldier. And like all proper villains with a Dr prefix, he used himself as ground 0.

Alad V is doing the same thing, but with a wild strain. Baphomet is evolved tc, mastery of biomatter. The power of the technocyte made to counter the Sentient threat.

When the Tenno were put in service, he and his minions were no longer needed and this made him reject the Orokin Empire and swore he would see them hunted down and their towers burn.

He is one of the others Stalker mentions, and may have been instrumental in the Tenno uprising.

So he should have a unique faction all based on tc abd not the void.

Your thoughts?

This is actually the closest to my original plan of generation so far. An Orokin, cast aside by the the Orokin as they placed their salvation on the Tenno... and in his rejection, he turned on the Orokin and their sacred warriors.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for you, bear. What do you think about Baphomet commanding a Derelict of his own?

Lore example:

"It truly was alien. Pulsating energy on strange nightmarish shaped that grew out from the hull was everywhere. If felt like eyes were watching, but eyes in the walls, the floor, the ceiling. A dark mist made visibility a joke, but fortunately again Darvo had delivered. They followed the old Orokin runes and navigated the unfamiliar spacecraft with the blind assurance of a man on the other side of the universe.

Then they saw them, or they were seen. Twisted shapes suddenly roared and ran towards them. But the infested was no match for their weapons or experience. They never came close to dealing a blow.

Slowly but surely they moved deeper and deeper into the ship, and soon the only light was their own flashlight in the mist. Their destination lay ahead, a grand hall of gleaming floor tiles and shining pillars supporting a vaulted ceiling where torn and tattered banners clung to gilded hooks.

They spread out, taking positions and moving as one, covering every possible angle of attack or ambush. Into the center of the room they moved, towards a throne of sorts. He had never seen a Tenno Dojo, but now understood what the rumors were about. It was a sight to behold.

In the throne, a figure sat, waiting. He was alone and sure enough looked like a Warframe. Curved horns on the helmet resembling a demonic skull rested atop a body of red and black, pulsating energy and spikes jutting out at irregular places.

One arm ended in a monstrous claw, the other resting on a sword as twisted as the warframe itself."