Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d86q27e.png

Typhus vs. Baphomet

This is beautiful.

Still, I prefer SilverBone's interpretation because it presents the two in what I think to be more character-correct lights - with Baphomet riding Merrihem and Typhus holding his ground with blade-in-hand, rather than the two squaring off for what looks by all rights to be an honorable duel between them.

If only there was a company with the talent, time and manpower, and a community that loved and supported the idea of a mini-game/spinnoff featuring Bahomet and Typhus.

Wait a minute ...

Edited by arch111

silverbones,

this is radical.

i love the name and the concept,

i feel you have nailed the fragmented lore of the tennoverse rather well.

we already know there was differences among tenno with stalker

and we have vague impressions of what we did

we've seen the infested take hold in alad but i love this

stalker is by far my all time fav fight

simply because of the intimacy of the matter

this gives me that vibe

it raises more questions then gives answers

but thats good thing in the way its doing.

it makes us question

lotus

the system

the way we operate

but best of all

it makes us as tenno glance at our reflection

and question ourselves

'our ideals

our emotions and mistakes

the blood on our hands

and our ultimately our path.

this to me,

needs to be in the game

i dont think ive ever seen fan concept that i feel needs to be in the game as crucial part of the beating heart that is warframe more then this.

nothing tells a story like one of your own now against yet.

name fits well,

it looks great, it feels infested, yet it feels tenno

it feels broken and whole like us.

basically

'

well done sir

i look forward to more .

keep at it.

When I began lurking in the Fan Arts and Fan Concepts Forum way back when, the two that stood out the most to me was Baphomet and Typhus.

In a way they were the catalysts for my renewed faith in art, and have since been a source of great fun and interest.

Now that my resolution (to myself) to finish both models in a way I am satisfied with, preferably the respective creators feeling I honor their ideas, it feels like I am getting closer and closer to a Grand destination.

I am not a pro, but I have great passion and respect for the art Digital Extremes give us, and for the craft itself, games are HARD work man!

My attention will soon turn to making both Typhus and Baphomet feel cohesive and placing them in the same scene.

Im not quite there yet, so ideas are wellcome, but "The Duel" seem like a good way to start.

To tie up this post I want to thank you Bear for your efforts, and that you too have stuck around this whole time.

Allso an idea: Merrihem the infested Kubrow King. Orokin most prized companions allso doubled as mounts in the forrests of Earth, cabable of scaling even the highest tree or sharpest cliff.

Now but a few remain, most of that pack now answer the call of their master, Baphomet and together they carry the Orokin lineage of majestic companionship into the new era.

Well, we have Alad V...

Yes, we need an infested overlord

Personally, I always take the Infested more as a pure-hivemind without individual personality - the names of Phorid and Lephantis and J3-Golem all being titles given to them by us or the Grineer/Corpus, and the things they speak being vocal reflections of the greater hivemind (what with all the "us"s and "we"s) rather than individual thoughts.

I think Alad V attests to this. Ever listen to how he stammered out some sentences when trying to refer to himself as an individual? To me it sounds like he's fighting against something in those moments, perhaps the hivemind that is attempting to consume his intelligence into itself? Trying to override his individuality and make him a part of the singular-yet-many host?

Sadly, this KINDA puts Baphomet as a lore impossibility in my eyes, but I still think he's cool!

Personally, I always take the Infested more as a pure-hivemind without individual personality - the names of Phorid and Lephantis and J3-Golem all being titles given to them by us or the Grineer/Corpus, and the things they speak being vocal reflections of the greater hivemind (what with all the "us"s and "we"s) rather than individual thoughts.

I think Alad V attests to this. Ever listen to how he stammered out some sentences when trying to refer to himself as an individual? To me it sounds like he's fighting against something in those moments, perhaps the hivemind that is attempting to consume his intelligence into itself? Trying to override his individuality and make him a part of the singular-yet-many host?

Sadly, this KINDA puts Baphomet as a lore impossibility in my eyes, but I still think he's cool!

Actually, I think your explanation helps his lore-presence to me.

Kind of like the Borg Queen.

The Infestation is completely autonomous and works with a hive mind when left alone. What makes Baphomet dangerous is that he can somehow co-opt that hive mind and turn it into a force with an individual's purpose over the hives combined need for survival and growth. Perhaps not the whole hive, but Infested in his proximity fall under his instruction. That was his real success and why he considers himself divinity. He unlocked the secrets to the hive and that is how he holds power over them.

Actually, I think your explanation helps his lore-presence to me.

Kind of like the Borg Queen.

The Infestation is completely autonomous and works with a hive mind when left alone. What makes Baphomet dangerous is that he can somehow co-opt that hive mind and turn it into a force with an individual's purpose over the hives combined need for survival and growth. Perhaps not the whole hive, but Infested in his proximity fall under his instruction. That was his real success and why he considers himself divinity. He unlocked the secrets to the hive and that is how he holds power over them.

Oh, yeah, I think you explain it like that to me once before, actually XD

Though I know zero about the Borg Queen and her origins, so it's hard to relate. But I get what you're saying.

The Borg Queen is a good comparison.

Her quest is to better her race by assimilating all others into the collective. All voices become one, but still unique inside the hive.

Thr borg functions like parts of a machine, divided into units, sections, clusters. The Queen are linked to all and have a supreme Voice.

Or as she says when confronted with the fact the Borg are not individuals.

"I am Borg."

One thing I am curious about though, if Baphomet was an actual thing, would he still posess the knowledge and sanity to repeat his sucess with the virus?

In other words, to create followers, Desciples with his strain? That in turn would lead to a kind of evolution;

One hive is the Infestation we know.

One hive is the Mutalist Empire.

One hive is Baphomet controlled.

Hive Wars ensue, Sentients return, fun begins!

One thing I am curious about though, if Baphomet was an actual thing, would he still posess the knowledge and sanity to repeat his sucess with the virus?

In other words, to create followers, Desciples with his strain? That in turn would lead to a kind of evolution;

One hive is the Infestation we know.

One hive is the Mutalist Empire.

One hive is Baphomet controlled.

Hive Wars ensue, Sentients return, fun begins!

Warframe: Brood War

(brb, altering Starcraft quotes to be said by Warframe characters...)

But there are separate hives or all of the form part of the big one?

I see Alad more dominated by infestation than dominating it, and with that I see the infestation choosing him more as developer more than as leader.

He have increased the infestation arsenal in a very "pain in the &#!" way.

Talking about that, what about infestation using warframes? You know, the Mesa in Patient Zero.

Soon a Mutalist Zanuka...

But there are separate hives or all of the form part of the big one?

I see Alad more dominated by infestation than dominating it, and with that I see the infestation choosing him more as developer more than as leader.

He have increased the infestation arsenal in a very "pain in the !" way.

Talking about that, what about infestation using warframes? You know, the Mesa in Patient Zero.

Soon a Mutalist Zanuka...

Well, if Dark Sector is anything to go on, Infestation CAN be cut-off from one another (hence Mezner's attempts to reconnect the Infested in Larsia - or whatever - with one another and other such outbreaks across the world) so it's possible that the same could be done with our modern Infestation, resulting in such isolated hives. Though, I'd wager that once they ARE able to reconnect to one another, they'd do so reflexively.

The thing about that Mesa frame was that it didn't seem infested, rather just "puppeted" by the Infestation - hell, even Zanuka (which I remind you are made out of Warframe parts) we saw in the Suspicion Shipments even seemed to not be overcome by the Infestation ala Infested Ospreys, but rather surrounded by it. Could be that Warframes are simply immune to Infestation (imo, by virtue of already being their own strain of the Technocyte Virus).

There has been suspected Hive-technology used by at least the Corpus, probably the Grineer to.

Beecloud and Hivemind are frequent words in Corpus tiles. As in Technocyte being used somehow.

Looking at how the virus got out twice that we know of, and at least in my mind, is a nano-virus; it can have a will and amass a mind given time and numbers and maby hosts are involved to write new instructions.

It has been theorized that the virus is as much the cause for the Orokins Rise as it was their dowfall, even the Neural Sentry infects the captured, turning them into golden warriors.

The virus are generations of code if you will, separate versions of the same program. They are therefore similar, but still incompatible.

The Infested whisper to the warframes "We are your flesh. Why do you kill us? We are the same."

Alad is maby a tool to write new code, a new generation of the virus.

Its ultimate goal? To spread? To try to perfect what is flawed?

Who knows.

-squints eyes-

Wait a minute...

What if Mutalist Alad is DE's way of making a character similar to Baphomet, but not 100% the same? Like, an Infested character who somewhat retains a unique personality despite being Infested. I didn't know where I was going with that one.

Possibly, I'd argue they did the same with Corrupted Vor and Admiral Zet Kuur.

Yes, Mesa was "puppeted", but that´s the point. Couldn´t only Tenno make use of the warframes? Is so easy to the infestation to use one as putting a piece of infested meat inside? Well, I imagine it wasn´t so easy as that, but if Alad V could do that one time we could have soon to face more puppeted warframes.

And yes, the corpus have the Zanuka, but I would like to know more about it before making an opinion.

Warframes can´t be infested because they were made with the Technocyte. At least is that I think. But maybe rewritten. Baphomet´s frame looks very infested (I don´t know if at now Baphomet´s is the frame or the Tenno, could someone make me clear?), maybe because is the "corrupted" version of the frame.