Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I kind of imagine Baphomet was a brilliant scientist in the Orokin Biolabs.

I like opposites, so name might have been Dr.Seraph or Dr.Sanguin something like that.

He built a suit of the technocyte yes, a proto-armor of sorts resembling an angel. He was a good man, but lost it when the Empire screwed him over.

He gave himself to the virus and became Baphomet the Betrayer. All in good archvillain tradition.

He waged his war against the Empire and Tenno both, likely responsible for the outbreak and possibly had a hand in the Great Betrayal in the Arena.

He is the greatest threat ever faced and the Archenemy that is still lacking from the Warframe Universe.

“Dr. Uriel!”

The woman in a sealed, bioform lab-suit came bursting through the door, but the motion did not disturb the tall, long-haired man from his work. Perhaps her entrance was marked by a brief pause in his hand movements, but otherwise, Dr. Uriel remained unfazed.

“Dr. Kelos, you really need to be more careful when bursting into a live splicing.”

He spoke simply and firmly, his eyes locked on the bioforge before him as two live samples were kept delicately apart by pinpoint fields of energy, allowing only select organs to join and merge. Gently, he moved his arms out of the controlled environment and pressed a switch to engage the stasis seal. Locked in time, he could return to the experiment after he had dealt with his excitable assistant.

“I’m sorry doctor… but,” Kelos paused for a moment before her eyes grew dark. “…he succeeded. Davis managed to gain control.”

The news sank in for a moment and as Uriel’s gaze darted from Kelos to his experiment behind him, the dawning realization started to settle in.

“But the Void transference… there’s no way he could have harnessed the neural tremors in such a rudimentary shell.” He said, his words betraying his confusion and rising disbelief. “Get confirmation from the council. Davis is a hack. These… twisted mongrels are not the solution.”

“Dr. Uriel,” Kelos interrupted, handing him a data pad, “…The Council has already ruled your work a failure. After the incident on Europa, they are ordering the whole biocolony destroyed and your notes taken for archive.” She added and then frowned, it looks like she was about to say something else, but Uriel continued his protesting.

“Impossible! My work saved those people on Mars and Earth. The Cradle itself owes its survival to my weapons! I will take this up with them myself.” He said, starting to remove his gloves, but was stopped when his eyes were drawn to Kelos, her hand now in possession of a flechette Pistol, it’s golden sheen betraying her position as an agent of the council; her real identity.

Uriel seemed to sag at the realization of her betrayal. He should have known they would not let his work go without their spies in place.

“The council has ordered me to make sure you cannot continue your work, Dr. Uriel.” Kelos said sadly. “If it helps any, I truly believed that you were the answer to our extermination, at least until Europa.”

“Kelos,” he pleaded, placing down the pad and calmly moving his other hand to his side. “…you know that we are so close. This experiment could be the last step in gaining full control over the biocolony and ending the threat of the enemy forever.” He added, pleading her with his voice. “You know we can make this right… I just need you to walk away.”

“I’m sorry doctor,” Kelos said, even as her finger pulled back. “The Council has decided. The Lost will be our saviors.”

The near-silent sounds of a metal shard leaving the magnetic accelerator was only followed by what felt like a tugging sensation on Uriel’s chest. The round had entered over his heart and exited through his spine, the sharp little projectile designed to pierce even the armored seals of his biosuit. With little trauma to the wound, the bleeding was slow and immediate. Looking down, he could see crimson leaving his body and looking back up at her, his tear-filled eyes begged her for an explanation.

“The council wanted you alive originally, but I know your type, Doctor.” Kelos said darkly. “I had friends on Europa. Some of them are in your test chambers now – victims of your so-called solution. Do you have any idea how hard it was to watch you work, knowing that the council were biding their time?” She added; her own emotion showing as tears ran down her cheek. “You created an army of horrors. I won’t let you continue.”

Another pull at his center of gravity signaled another flechette had silently entered and exited his body, this time in the throat. There was surprisingly little pain, considering the amount of blood his body was losing. As he sank to his knees, Uriel felt a mixture of sadness and anger. The council was simply waiting for Davis to succeed and then he and his life’s work would be ended at the pull of a trigger. Even as he fell back, he could see Kelos walking away, ordering soldiers to take their plasma weapons to the specimens.

Uriel lifted his head back to take one last look at his final experiment. He would never know if it would be a success and that he could truly gain control over his ‘children’. As he looked, his eyes narrowed to see that one of the rounds meant for his demise had broken the stasis mechanism and holed the containment chamber. Mobile flesh pushed its way out from the newly made hole and started stretching out, searching for new flesh to consume.

Narrowing his eyes in what was a last act of defiance; Doctor Uriel reached into his suit, pulling out an endodermic inoculator, filled with the last part of his final experiment; a viscus, mobile, fluid mixture of changing bio-matter and chemicals. It was not ready for testing, nor was it ready for use, but there was one last chance to prove his worth and perhaps avenge his own death.

With the last of his strength, he took the injector and plunged it into his neck, hoping he had enough consciousness to hit the spinal column and pulled the trigger, flooding his system with engineered, foreign tissue. The sickness and nausea hit immediately before the seizures, but the last thing Dr. Uriel saw with his human eyes was the fleshy tendrils of his experiment wrapping around and entering his wrist, devouring suit and skin alike.

The Infernis Serum would succeed.

It had to.

It's allmost like Baphomet is the father come to punish the son for being irresponsible and foolish.

"I gave you the gift of Life. And what have you done with it? Nothing!"

Good job!

hey! just like my last family reunion!

(and I SWEAR I'll read that lore soon!)

“Dr. Uriel!”

The woman in a sealed, bioform lab-suit came bursting through the door, but the motion did not disturb the tall, long-haired man from his work. Perhaps her entrance was marked by a brief pause in his hand movements, but otherwise, Dr. Uriel remained unfazed.

“Dr. Kelos, you really need to be more careful when bursting into a live splicing.”

He spoke simply and firmly, his eyes locked on the bioforge before him as two live samples were kept delicately apart by pinpoint fields of energy, allowing only select organs to join and merge. Gently, he moved his arms out of the controlled environment and pressed a switch to engage the stasis seal. Locked in time, he could return to the experiment after he had dealt with his excitable assistant.

“I’m sorry doctor… but,” Kelos paused for a moment before her eyes grew dark. “…he succeeded. Davis managed to gain control.”

The news sank in for a moment and as Uriel’s gaze darted from Kelos to his experiment behind him, the dawning realization started to settle in.

“But the Void transference… there’s no way he could have harnessed the neural tremors in such a rudimentary shell.” He said, his words betraying his confusion and rising disbelief. “Get confirmation from the council. Davis is a hack. These… twisted mongrels are not the solution.”

“Dr. Uriel,” Kelos interrupted, handing him a data pad, “…The Council has already ruled your work a failure. After the incident on Europa, they are ordering the whole biocolony destroyed and your notes taken for archive.” She added and then frowned, it looks like she was about to say something else, but Uriel continued his protesting.

“Impossible! My work saved those people on Mars and Earth. The Cradle itself owes its survival to my weapons! I will take this up with them myself.” He said, starting to remove his gloves, but was stopped when his eyes were drawn to Kelos, her hand now in possession of a flechette Pistol, it’s golden sheen betraying her position as an agent of the council; her real identity.

Uriel seemed to sag at the realization of her betrayal. He should have known they would not let his work go without their spies in place.

“The council has ordered me to make sure you cannot continue your work, Dr. Uriel.” Kelos said sadly. “If it helps any, I truly believed that you were the answer to our extermination, at least until Europa.”

“Kelos,” he pleaded, placing down the pad and calmly moving his other hand to his side. “…you know that we are so close. This experiment could be the last step in gaining full control over the biocolony and ending the threat of the enemy forever.” He added, pleading her with his voice. “You know we can make this right… I just need you to walk away.”

“I’m sorry doctor,” Kelos said, even as her finger pulled back. “The Council has decided. The Lost will be our saviors.”

The near-silent sounds of a metal shard leaving the magnetic accelerator was only followed by what felt like a tugging sensation on Uriel’s chest. The round had entered over his heart and exited through his spine, the sharp little projectile designed to pierce even the armored seals of his biosuit. With little trauma to the wound, the bleeding was slow and immediate. Looking down, he could see crimson leaving his body and looking back up at her, his tear-filled eyes begged her for an explanation.

“The council wanted you alive originally, but I know your type, Doctor.” Kelos said darkly. “I had friends on Europa. Some of them are in your test chambers now – victims of your so-called solution. Do you have any idea how hard it was to watch you work, knowing that the council were biding their time?” She added; her own emotion showing as tears ran down her cheek. “You created an army of horrors. I won’t let you continue.”

Another pull at his center of gravity signaled another flechette had silently entered and exited his body, this time in the throat. There was surprisingly little pain, considering the amount of blood his body was losing. As he sank to his knees, Uriel felt a mixture of sadness and anger. The council was simply waiting for Davis to succeed and then he and his life’s work would be ended at the pull of a trigger. Even as he fell back, he could see Kelos walking away, ordering soldiers to take their plasma weapons to the specimens.

Uriel lifted his head back to take one last look at his final experiment. He would never know if it would be a success and that he could truly gain control over his ‘children’. As he looked, his eyes narrowed to see that one of the rounds meant for his demise had broken the stasis mechanism and holed the containment chamber. Mobile flesh pushed its way out from the newly made hole and started stretching out, searching for new flesh to consume.

Narrowing his eyes in what was a last act of defiance; Doctor Uriel reached into his suit, pulling out an endodermic inoculator, filled with the last part of his final experiment; a viscus, mobile, fluid mixture of changing bio-matter and chemicals. It was not ready for testing, nor was it ready for use, but there was one last chance to prove his worth and perhaps avenge his own death.

With the last of his strength, he took the injector and plunged it into his neck, hoping he had enough consciousness to hit the spinal column and pulled the trigger, flooding his system with engineered, foreign tissue. The sickness and nausea hit immediately before the seizures, but the last thing Dr. Uriel saw with his human eyes was the fleshy tendrils of his experiment wrapping around and entering his wrist, devouring suit and skin alike.

The Infernis Serum would succeed.

It had to.

Uriel eh? Good choice. I like everything about it, even to the point of me imagining how the Tenno initiative moves forward and the Lotus go online only to discover that he is not dead but have grown an army of his own.

Uriel eh? Good choice. I like everything about it, even to the point of me imagining how the Tenno initiative moves forward and the Lotus go online only to discover that he is not dead but have grown an army of his own.

I liked the idea of calling him something angelic in life. Uriel was supposedly the bearer of the Flaming Sword and buried Adam and Abel. It seemed pretty awesome. A cold and methodical creature fighting for the good of all, only to betray and become the worst nightmare the solar system had ever seen.

Just had a curious thought. What if Dr.Uriel broke into the labs where the Proto Rhino where kept and stole some of them?

Partly in a furious rage, but allso for taking what should have been his from the start. Not sure where that would lead, but it is a fun thought.

Just had a curious thought. What if Dr.Uriel broke into the labs where the Proto Rhino where kept and stole some of them?

Partly in a furious rage, but allso for taking what should have been his from the start. Not sure where that would lead, but it is a fun thought.

Hmm... not sure if I am keen on adding more than a cursory mention of established lore in my projects. We still don't know what the Proto-Rhino is/was/could be, let alone how it would be involved with the infestation.

In light of these artworks, I will take a new iteration pass at really nailing Baphomets armor.

The hard edge carapace look is something I really want to add to the body and define the claws further.

I allso want to get some form of model going for Merrihem, still thinking of a warped kubrow.

I am thinking of incorporating some kind of armor or tech in B:s body with orokin design, possibly forma and the white stuff in the towers.

What do you think of this?

In light of these artworks, I will take a new iteration pass at really nailing Baphomets armor.

The hard edge carapace look is something I really want to add to the body and define the claws further.

I allso want to get some form of model going for Merrihem, still thinking of a warped kubrow.

I am thinking of incorporating some kind of armor or tech in B:s body with orokin design, possibly forma and the white stuff in the towers.

What do you think of this?

You do what you need man. I am always up to seeing your interpretation.

baphomet_and_typhus_by_gaber111-d8doafc.

This is a different model than I have used in the last renders, because I have gone back a step to focus more on the hard sections of the armor and to try to capture the infestation more in the details.

The point here is to compare Typhus and Baphomet side by side. I am pretty happy with how they look together wich makes me think they will work in a animation together.

What do you think? Baphomet might still evolve further before I consider him fully done.