Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Bear

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

0 o 0 . Incredible concept. I really hope in time an the infestation get a substantial persona with a large personality like this added. It makes sense as the grineer have Vex and Vor, the corpus got stuck with Alad V, and the Infestation have....

There is a huge hole to plug and I think this guy would be perfect

No argument here. The infestation as a simple disease feels so dated. It would make them so much more interesting with leaders and good solid lore.

No argument here. The infestation as a simple disease feels so dated. It would make them so much more interesting with leaders and good solid lore.

But it's probably not possible - even Alad's most recent appearance seems to contest to that. Listen to his dialogue and how it's read, sounds like he's fighting against something - fighting to keep who he is. The Infestation consumes the individual and turns it into a singular entity - robbing it of all vestiges of individuality and replacing it with the whole.

I still love the whole look of this guy, but... well, maybe J3 will prove me wrong?

Morec0, there was the serum remember? Baphonet is from the Orokin age, so he could be radically different.

I hear you though. Poor Alad and his dreams of a new Empire. I laugh even as I cry.

• Upvote 1

Morec0, there was the serum remember? Baphonet is from the Orokin age, so he could be radically different.

I hear you though. Poor Alad and his dreams of a new Empire. I laugh even as I cry.

Ah, forgot that bit. So I suppose so.

But wasn't that serum just a placebo? *looks up* Yeah, a placebo laced with enferon, designed to kill the Infected agent, not cure.

Edited by Morec0

But it's probably not possible - even Alad's most recent appearance seems to contest to that. Listen to his dialogue and how it's read, sounds like he's fighting against something - fighting to keep who he is. The Infestation consumes the individual and turns it into a singular entity - robbing it of all vestiges of individuality and replacing it with the whole.

I still love the whole look of this guy, but... well, maybe J3 will prove me wrong?

But perhaps the difference is that Alad v as a host was resisting the influence of the infestation whereas bahomet would be the epitome of a corrupted entity fully embracing and propagating its corruption. In both instances of infested entities having a form of sentience, the singular purpose is that of dominion of any and all "lesser" beings. In this case, the host is an Orokin scientist at the forefront of technocytr research with, arguably, access to a warframe. Whereas Alad V's attempts to fuse technocyte virus with robotic and Tenno frames FORCIBLY, this is an instance in which the fuse occurred WILLINGLY. One could imagine the effects of the serum and research would amplify its effects upon a host, but I think that the individuals internal desire to play host would create... Well... A true expression of the infestations endgame. Thus we get bahomet.

• Upvote 2

What about Infested Syndicate? We(at least I and some more people) Need It.

If you mean a syndicate that prioritizes hunting the infestation, yes I agree. If you mean ally with infested, you are not Tenno.

• Upvote 1

If you mean a syndicate that prioritizes hunting the infestation, yes I agree. If you mean ally with infested, you are not Tenno.

Baphomet is not any ordinary mindless infested monster, far from it infact. He can CONTROL the infestation, with powers not so unlike some Tenno in other areas.

Think of following a Cephalon, bodyless inhuman AI, then think of following a brilliant yet twisted Orokin scientist with a wish to evolve and change the nature of the infested.

Are the two really so different?

• Upvote 2

Baphomet is not any ordinary mindless infested monster, far from it infact. He can CONTROL the infestation, with powers not so unlike some Tenno in other areas.

Think of following a Cephalon, bodyless inhuman AI, then think of following a brilliant yet twisted Orokin scientist with a wish to evolve and change the nature of the infested.

Are the two really so different?

Depends on the ultimate goal - and if Baphomet's is to spread infestation throughout the system...

Depends on the ultimate goal - and if Baphomet's is to spread infestation throughout the system...

True. I still do not trust Suda though.

I see him as a stalker for infestation.

True. I still do not trust Suda though.

Eh Suda is fine. He's just not into relationships and emotions.

Peace Through Unity.

....forcibly if necessary. :D

And for some reason I just had the crazy idea of:

"What if Baphomet was introduced into the game as an ultimate evolution of Mutalist Alad V? Like, after we kill him he's not able to put up any more resistance to the Infestation and is completely consumed by it, resurrected and transformed into a technocyte monster?"

I'm going to walk away in shame now from this horrible idea.

• Upvote 1

Problem for me with old Al is I have never once found him intimidating, scary, dangerous or even very clever.

He is like the Joker or Riddler from the original Batman TV-series (oh how I love that bathood with the painted eyebrows) the villains so silly and over the top inlove with themselves they became a parody of themselves in the process.

For this reason I can't imagine Al as the very formidable villain Baphomet is. A thrall slave sidekick though, now that could work.

Edited by arch111

Problem for me with old Al is I have never once found him intimidating, scary, dangerous or even very clever.

He is like the Joker or Riddler from the original Batman TV-series (oh how I love that bathood with the paited eyebrows) the villains so silly abd over the top inlove with themselves they became a parody if themselves in the process.

For this reason I can't imagine Al as the very formidable villain Baphomet is. A thrall slave sidekick though, now that could work.

I disagree. He is the only character in all of the Warframe universe to be able to weaponize our Warframe powers against us, and from there he went on to not only evolve Infested Strains that only made them MORE dangerous but he also found a way to puppet Warframes without the need to completely dissect and rebuild them into something new - hell, he was even able to temporarily control Warframe that still had Tenno pilots in them!

Granted those last two could have been with great influence from the Infested Hivemind, but I'd wager that it required someone of Alad Intelligence to carry that out (if it WAS the Hivemind influencing Alad, rather than Alad tapping into the knowledge of the Hivemind). He's one of the more diabolical characters in the Warfame universe.

He's not a challenge against us combat-wise (at least, not before the Infestation got to him) but he's one of the most twisted and dangerous minds that we've gone up against, imo.

Edited by Morec0

i always imagined alad as a somewhat less attractive version of dr. weir from event horizon

Edited by GunDownGrace

Im not ignoring what Alad have done. He is clearly a mastermind.

It is the character that bother me. He has allways been witty and not far from a joke. While this is fine, he could be a bit more dimensional.

Then again DE seem to have appointed the role of comic relief to the corpus, from the robot birds to the boxheads to Darvo to Alad.

The mutalist and zanuka was diabolical yes, I only wish he would have been a bit more like that himself.

i always imagined alad as a somewhat less attractive version of dr. weir from event horizon

Yes, just replace hell with Void and the movie fits just fine.

I suppose the trope of geeky scientist/scheemer suit Alad well.

On the other hand Gecko in Wall street was the opposite. Diabolical, ruthless yet charming at the same time.

Im not ignoring what Alad have done. He is clearly a mastermind.

It is the character that bother me. He has allways been witty and not far from a joke. While this is fine, he could be a bit more dimensional.

Then again DE seem to have appointed the role of comic relief to the corpus, from the robot birds to the boxheads to Darvo to Alad.

The mutalist and zanuka was diabolical yes, I only wish he would have been a bit more like that himself.

Hrm... I never considered the Ospreys or MOA as "comical" myself - the Riot MOA is ridiculous, but but comical - same for the boxheads, Darvo was funny, aye, and Alad... I can see the humor in him, but I find that balanced by his overall manacle goals and actions. I can see how his rather flamboyant attitude gets in the way, though, and I'll admit that it is indeed a bit urksome in that regard, but I suppose I'm more lenient towards those kinds of characters.

Just goes to show: need a robo-bear proxy for them to straighten them out.

The difference for me is that the Corpus are villainous and evil in their doings, where the Infestation is nor more evil than say, a spider. It is trying to survive, but it is so alien and hungry that we, as a race, nor the Tenno, simply cannot relate to it.

Alad V is trying to anthromorphosize the infestation into having an agenda and to control a force that fundamentally is nothing but a giant unity machine. It goes against its instinctual process of absorption and growth when it selects ‘targets.’ It does not know hate or revenge.

Baphomet is beyond ideas such as good and evil. He is the spider, elevated to super intelligence and given a web big enough and strong enough to capture even the most powerful prey. He does not want to rule, or conquer or even to inspire fear. He simply wants to end all conflict by unity… and he does not assign morals as to how that happens. If the Tenno choose to work with them, well that is unity! If the Grineer fight him, then they need to be… persuaded.

• Upvote 3

The difference for me is that the Corpus are villainous and evil in their doings, where the Infestation is nor more evil than say, a spider. It is trying to survive, but it is so alien and hungry that we, as a race, nor the Tenno, simply cannot relate to it.

Alad V is trying to anthromorphosize the infestation into having an agenda and to control a force that fundamentally is nothing but a giant unity machine. It goes against its instinctual process of absorption and growth when it selects ‘targets.’ It does not know hate or revenge.

Baphomet is beyond ideas such as good and evil. He is the spider, elevated to super intelligence and given a web big enough and strong enough to capture even the most powerful prey. He does not want to rule, or conquer or even to inspire fear. He simply wants to end all conflict by unity… and he does not assign morals as to how that happens. If the Tenno choose to work with them, well that is unity! If the Grineer fight him, then they need to be… persuaded.

Doesn't mean it ought not be wiped out - like any other disease. Smallpox, Measles, Infestation - all the same thing.

But, in the context of Baphoment's goals there is a possibility for an Infested-based Syndicate, but given what we've seen of the Infested thus far it's a touch beyond slim to suppose it would happen. Baphomet's role as a hyper-evolved Infested antagonist, a lone spark of individuality among the mindless drones, suits him better, imo, as it gives a surprising new element (which, given the context of Alad V doesn't seem to be completely out of the question) but adheres to the greater Infested as a whole.

There is a great opportunity for DE to write a complex story around Baphomet, revealing Lore about the War and the creation of the Gholems and infested.

They could even introduce him as a link to the past, a new mysterious Quest giver even without a syndicate.

On the other hand, if DE want to introduce infested warframes, this would be perfect. As a means to an end, Baphomet creates a Deciple by mutating a Tenno/warframe with his own technocyte-strain. Who naturally flees to the Lotus like all rebellious children do.

There is potential for frames like Typhus there, or infested hunter units and even a new faction of infested that would be "smart".

I am quite eager now to find out if the new Gholem is intelligent and sentient and if they will change the infested Lore into something bigger than it is now.

• Upvote 2