Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I have allways liked the ties to the Orokin. What you propose removes that entirely.

Anyway, what I want for a true villain for the infested is like Queen of Blades. Created by the Hive, but free of them and ultimately dominating them.

"We must have Unity, Tenno. We must have freedom. As one, there will be peace at last. All will be protected within Us. No fear. No regret. No conflict."

I very much enjoy the concept of this singular-multiplicital identity the Infestation has. I'd rather see that particular character - the Infestation itself - grow and expand now that it's been fully introduced than create another proxy identity through which it would act. It's got a lot of potential, it just has to be utilized, and i think having just another Alad V show up and become a medium between the player and it would just squander a lot of that.

But it's just an opinion.

Edited by Morec0

I very much enjoy the concept of this singular-multiplicital identity the Infestation has. I'd rather see that particular character - the Infestation itself - grow and expand now that it's been fully introduced than create another proxy identity through which it would act. It's got a lot of potential, it just has to be utilized, and i think having just another Alad V show up and become a medium between the player and it would just squander a lot of that.

But it's just an opinion.

Well, Baphomet would actually command it and shape it. Alad V was more s puppet.

Well, Baphomet would actually command it and shape it. Alad V was more s puppet.

Which I feel as being just sort of unnecessary when we have THE Infestation as a character all it's own, with personality, goal, all of that, able to do that kind of work already to some extent. Giving it a proper from through which to communicate with us is all that's needed, the character's already there.

Edited by Morec0

Which I feel as being just sort of unnecessary when we have THE Infestation as a character all it's own, with personality, goal, all of that, able to do that kind of work already to some extent. Giving it a proper from through which to communicate with us is all that's needed, the character's already there.

Well Alad and Jordas shows that some kind of limited individuality is possible.

Well Alad and Jordas shows that some kind of limited individuality is possible.

From the in-process-of-being-infested individual. And, as I said earlier, I think we don't really need that sort of medium anymore now that we've MET the Infestation itself - albeit through Jordas. Give the Infestation a proper, completely-it means of communicating with us and let the character speak for itself.

From the in-process-of-being-infested individual. And, as I said earlier, I think we don't really need that sort of medium anymore now that we've MET the Infestation itself - albeit through Jordas. Give the Infestation a proper, completely-it means of communicating with us and let the character speak for itself.

So what then is Baphomet? Just an extention of the Hivemind? Not really a npc but rather a warframe that the infestation as a Character, uses?

So what then is Baphomet? Just an extention of the Hivemind? Not really a npc but rather a warframe that the infestation as a Character, uses?

Precisely. A vessel through which the Infestation fights against us on terms we don't usually have to fight against in life-or-death - ourselves.

Precisely. A vessel through which the Infestation fights against us on terms we don't usually have to fight against in life-or-death - ourselves.

Here's the thing: what if the Tenno are more than just the Warframe? The hints that have been dropped to us concerning Oro seem to indicate that the Tenno itself is more a kind of energy being merged with the Warframe, and that the Tenno is the one who grants access to the Void powers for the Warframe to use.

I find it more believable that Baphomet is a rogue Tenno than something created purely by the Infestation, because I doubt the Infested can infect a Tenno's Oro or "soul", or that the Infested have access to Void powers on their own.

Here's the thing: what if the Tenno are more than just the Warframe? The hints that have been dropped to us concerning Oro seem to indicate that the Tenno itself is more a kind of energy being merged with the Warframe, and that the Tenno is the one who grants access to the Void powers for the Warframe to use.

I find it more believable that Baphomet is a rogue Tenno than something created purely by the Infestation, because I doubt the Infested can infect a Tenno's Oro or "soul", or that the Infested have access to Void powers on their own.

Perhaps a Tenno that willing merged with the Infested to become Baphomet....

The current lore is that he was a scientist in charge of creating biosoldiers for the Orokin in the War.

Most likely he was an Archimedian.

He was on the brink of controlling the infested when he was betrayed by the Orokin, shot and left for dead.

The reason was the Tenno had become active - he was not obsolete and his blasphemous and dangerous work could be terminated.

But in his dying moments, as he was infected by his own experiment he injected himself with the product of all his hard work. A serum that protected his mind.

A creature fuelled now by unsatable hatred for the Orokin and Tenno, he watched the Tenno steal his Honor and recognition.

He fought in the war, maby even unleashed the infestation in the first place.

Most likely he was an Archimedian..

Not sure what that is exactly, but that was the original idea. Fallen Orokin scientist who in his final moments turned into his own last experiment.

Of course, nothing set in stone. This concept is mostly a collection of evolving ideas.

Not sure what that is exactly, but that was the original idea. Fallen Orokin scientist who in his final moments turned into his own last experiment.

Of course, nothing set in stone. This concept is mostly a collection of evolving ideas.

You know, like in Crewman Synth. Like the other projects, the Infestation was likely the one you have described.

A genetic genious working on finding a weapon against the Sentients.

Timewise this is much later than Crewman Synth, but after/side by side as Rhino Prime Codex.

i find that most of the bosses are the same thing to me. I think it would be cool if we could get an infested boss that is an Infested Warframe. This looks pretty cool and i would enjoy seeing this in game.

• 1 month later...

Umm, i went deep to find some popular posts just for fun. Then i found this.

I know i dont really deserve to ask you but

it might be cool if its the boss for the new quest concept i came up with, maybe you can have a look?

(Also, the main idea is that the guy who we meet (if u read the post) is one kind of a warframe who turned to the infested)

Thanks!

Umm, i went deep to find some popular posts just for fun. Then i found this.

I know i dont really deserve to ask you but

it might be cool if its the boss for the new quest concept i came up with, maybe you can have a look?

(Also, the main idea is that the guy who we meet (if u read the post) is one kind of a warframe who turned to the infested)

Thanks!

I have never been opposed to people using their own versions of Baphomet in their fan ideas. All I ask is that you maybe link back to the thread, and that you realize that although I let people use the concept, I am never officially saying that he belongs to another fiction or design.

Other than that, feel free to use him. Same goes to anyone!

I have never been opposed to people using their own versions of Baphomet in their fan ideas. All I ask is that you maybe link back to the thread, and that you realize that although I let people use the concept, I am never officially saying that he belongs to another fiction or design.

Other than that, feel free to use him. Same goes to anyone!

Thanks man! Thats cool!

I had an idea about Lephantis. As the top researcher on the technocyte, he had a main testing-site, a Ground Zero.

Lephantis was a top-secret project and know only to a few. When he was betrayed and the Tenno Initiative became the full focus of the Orokin, Baphomet made sure that his creation remained secret.

Over the years after the Collapse, he nurtured and maintained the creature and as it grew, so did its intelligence and capabilities.

He finally managed to set the derelict orokin ship adrift in Sol space, by opening a rift to the Void.

He has a purpose and hidden surprise waiting for the people of Origin. And now the Sentients are finally returning just as he knew they would.

Soon it is time for then to reveal themselves.

• 11 months later...

Huge thanks to Petra 'Razix' Goodrich for adding these amazing renders!

razix-petra-goodrich-bapho6.jpg?14796011

razix-petra-goodrich-baphogif.gif?147960

You can see the whole gallery by clicking this link to Petra's Artstation Page!!

Here I was thinking that Baphomet would lie in obscurity, but DAMN... he's still got life in him and he's bigger than ever!

Absolutely blown away by the detail and the life shown in Merihem, too. Amazing!!!