Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I forgot to remind you bro, Baphomet's background is quite finished and is already incorporated in my novel as a main character.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116120-lore-warframe-origins-a-light-novel-chapter-8-end-is-up/

It's 8 chapters long and he's a pivotal character, and I'm doing sidestories and he's still involved. Doing sidestories while U11 is still in the pipeline.

EDIT: Pay special attention to chapters 4, 6 and 8 because that's where he is the central antagonist.

EDIT EDIT: I have got to thank you for sparking my writing fire again. This boss concept background snowballed into a full blown novel and has a universe of it's own now. Thank you.

Very cool. I will read it all soon.

I really like the character developments in the novel.

For me I wonder what will happen to the Infested once DE remove them from the map.

They have no mobile boss or leader, Cain would do well to fill the space.

No infested frame yet exists, but weapons do.

Im at chapter 4 and things are heating up. A very good read!

I get all exited to illustrate it, but that would be a BIG undertaking.

I really like the character developments in the novel.

For me I wonder what will happen to the Infested once DE remove them from the map.

They have no mobile boss or leader, Cain would do well to fill the space.

No infested frame yet exists, but weapons do.

Im at chapter 4 and things are heating up. A very good read!

I get all exited to illustrate it, but that would be a BIG undertaking.

Perhaps the Infested can take control of the grineer/corpus ship and move to a different planet/system every week, "infecting" the system until they leave/are driven out?

Alad V is apparently replacing the farting golem. Another Invasion? I dunno. I'm just wondering where you'll farm Volt parts now.

God help us if they bring another Grind upon Grind like the Nav Points.

(You grind to get nav points, then grind OD's to get golem nav points, then grind Lephantis to get Nekros. Grindception!)

Can't they use the damn Asteroid Belt? I'm sure there are lots of Asteroids to mine there!

Well well, looks like the bosses are on the move!

So gholem will commandeer a ship and attack other boss nodes? And drop Volt bps.

This sort if opens up for hive leaders, new storylines and mission types.

Imagine Phorid, gholem and lephantis all had their own brood, trying to invade.

Then Baphomet makes an entrance as the first infested frame.

And a new Event story kicks off introducing new infested units and tiles.

Infested Famorian comes to mind, ranged infested and flyers.

Giant Lephantis chasing us in a Grineer hangarbay.

Baphomet showdown in a icy corpus settlement.

Phorid in a misty gasfilled reactor core.

Can you feel the Infested suddenly becoming interesting again?

I sure can.

Excelent idea, an infested Tenno, and your design and ideas are great.

My only concern is that we don´t know much if it conflicts with lore... as, if there are more worlds were Orokin were, if they were aliens or tecnocyte enhanced lifeformes, if the Tenno were created by the Orokin, or are infested enhanced lifeforms arleady, etc, etc...

Excelent idea, an infested Tenno, and your design and ideas are great.

My only concern is that we don´t know much if it conflicts with lore... as, if there are more worlds were Orokin were, if they were aliens or tecnocyte enhanced lifeformes, if the Tenno were created by the Orokin, or are infested enhanced lifeforms arleady, etc, etc...

Well the lore did say the Infested had a Hive mind like structure. So a "King" instead of a Queen would be a good contrast with the Grineer. Right?

Concept rebirth.

I had a Lore idea for Baphomet and his brood that can fit with the new Lore.

One of the top researchers accidentally fell in a Void Gate. He was allready infected by the Technicyte virus.

Unlike his fellows who were transformed purely by the Void energy, he became unuque, both Tenno and infested.

The virus enclosed him in protective shell, and he kept his sanity, but was now linked to other infested.

Beleiving himself superior to the Tenno, he proposed to repeat the process, creating an army of beasts to launch at tge Sentients.

Met with disgust and alienation by the Orokin high command, he fled into the Void space to continue his research and prove the doubters wrong.

But the virus and link to the infested hive, and exposure to void chaotic influenses changed him.

When he returned, he was only Baphomet, all loyalty to the Orokin erased.

He took part in the War, and after the Betrayal, like Stalker roamed the system biding his time.

Note: developed the Golems? Other infested frames may exist.

What do you think?

Nice, after reading his lines I want to put galatines blade in his skull. You nailed it. The design is great and I love the pet design. If you want a stage boss you may want to do it this way.

Phase one he's on an oversized charger, nothing special, just oversized and faster. His attacks consists of quick charges, wide slashes and a few jumping strikes. He should definately have high mobility, wall running to get at a target and any other display of agility you want will be good.

Phase two the charger die, but he places his hand on it's corpse, atomizing it, and when the air clears he has maybe a bit of chitin armoring and a long barreled infested sidearm. Maybe something akin to synapse in pistol form? Anyway, from here he's alternating his attack strategy at random intervals, moving in for a few quick swipes to poison you, before jumping away to shoot at  you from a distance and vice versa. At half health he calls in his favorite and a small group of buffed chargers to fight with him. He will not drop past half health until his favorite pet is dead, something similar to a nerve chord connecting the two.

Phase three he goes berserk. He atomizes his army, reconfiguring them into his sword to make an infested Galatine. The excess however is forced into a map wide poison cloud. You can't escape it and the only way to get rid of it is kill him before it kills you or blow out the infestation membranes covering ventilation, air purifiers, or if your desperate you can blow out a window and let the it vent out into nothing. The poison is weak but enough to put so fear into the player. During this stage he has the most chitin armor he'll get on his body and he will rush you continuously, wallrunning and even sliding/dragon kicking to get to you. When close enough he'll rip into you with his galatine sized infested sword while casting abilities similar to a mix between Syrn, Trinity, and just for kicks give him phorrid's screech.

As for the setting... make it an Orokin style Cathedral in a tower...hmm, hey that's an idea, why not make this guy a Tower assassination target? We don't have one yet so might as well make it sound like he's still sane enough to live slightly apart from his experiments with controling the virus. Make is so that when you go into the mission he's about to unleash the technocyte virus into the Void Tower and you need to kill him. He'll be in a large room with something like an alter with him behind it. 

Just a few suggestions but hey, I tried.

First of all, I love the Baphomet demon so I was already biased to be supportive of whatever was in this thread, not to mention it's always good to see a great member of the community contribute cool ideas.

The design is awesome and follows the Baphomet theme very well. The one big thing I wonder about is how his appearance would translate beyond this sketch. We only have the current in-game designs and lore to go by, but I always got the idea that losing oneself to the Infested would wreak a ton of havoc on the body to the point that the previous entity might be unrecognizable. I'd love if something like this expanded on the lore in a meaningful way and we could learn more about what becoming Infested entails for Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno. I'd also love to learn how a Tenno could manipulate the virus in the way he does. Maybe certain physiological or even genetic traits allow this? It could open up some very interesting paths lore-wise.

I am a bit too tired to come up with a move list or anything, but if Baphomet was once a healer, I'd love to see that previous ability used in a malicious way. Maybe as a sapping ability to grant strength to himself and his allies? My grasp of this part of the lore is rusty, but if the Tenno are also infested with the Technocyte virus, maybe Baphomet could gain temporary control of a Tenno? Even debuffs would be interesting to see. He obviously gave himself over to the Infested for compelling reasons, and that should be reflected in what he can do on the battle field.

And you know, we seriously need more deviant Tenno-type enemies. The other factions are numerous and formidable in their own ways, but they do seem like fodder often enough. This is why a good deal of people were once afraid of the Stalker - it was an enemy with similar capabilities and similar lethality (AI limitations aside).

he is a warframme so i don't see why it might take a sh!t ton of time to get him to look to that extent and even more so to get him to that point at all.

I remind you all, I never explicitly stated he was a Tenno :)

Yes I know you sneaky one you :D

That is why I thought about him being a human infected and then exposed to the Void.

He is therefore not  a Tenno, but something else entirely. Baphomet is an abberation, but still Kin to the Tenno since they all use Void energies.

Yes I know you sneaky one you :D

That is why I thought about him being a human infected and then exposed to the Void.

He is therefore not  a Tenno, but something else entirely. Baphomet is an abberation, but still Kin to the Tenno since they all use Void energies.

I like that! 

That is another excellent angle to Baphomet's potential origins.

Concept rebirth.

I had a Lore idea for Baphomet and his brood that can fit with the new Lore.

One of the top researchers accidentally fell in a Void Gate. He was allready infected by the Technicyte virus.

Unlike his fellows who were transformed purely by the Void energy, he became unuque, both Tenno and infested.

The virus enclosed him in protective shell, and he kept his sanity, but was now linked to other infested.

Beleiving himself superior to the Tenno, he proposed to repeat the process, creating an army of beasts to launch at tge Sentients.

Met with disgust and alienation by the Orokin high command, he fled into the Void space to continue his research and prove the doubters wrong.

But the virus and link to the infested hive, and exposure to void chaotic influenses changed him.

When he returned, he was only Baphomet, all loyalty to the Orokin erased.

He took part in the War, and after the Betrayal, like Stalker roamed the system biding his time.

Note: developed the Golems? Other infested frames may exist.

What do you think?

Hmmmm, ideas, ideas.... I like that!

My novels did start of from Baphomet, it wouldn't  be right for my new series not to include him. hehehe

I like that! 

That is another excellent angle to Baphomet's potential origins.

Yes, and since the virus was developed to create new weapons against the Sentients, probably because biologicals gave them more trouble then technological or energy weapons, he may have been directly involved in the creation of the Golems. The skills he posesses certainly fit the profile, and perhaps that was to be his greatest triumph. But Tenno stole the thunder of course.

I wonder if he stood on the bridge of a infested cruiser, watching the Betrayal from afar, laughing madly at the folly and idiocy of both his orokin Masters and his brothers and sisters, the so called "Saviors".

love this concept... he only thing i could add right now is maybe you have to team with the stalker to take him down.

Stalker would absolutely not team up with any of the Tenno.

However this gave me an idea, what if in his backstory he lived during the Orokin's fall (much like Stalker) and continued to live afterwards (again, like Stalker) due to being Infested?

The difference between him and Stalker would be their different views, with Stalker mourning the Orokin's fall and wanting vengeance while Baphomet is glad of their fall, with the justification being a minor reveal of some of the Orokin's atrocities.

Baphomet and the Stalkers could have uneasy alliances.

If the infestation is a legacy of the Orokin Empire, this might give the Stalkers reason to leave it alone.

Perhaps after the Betrayal, the Lower Guardians got an offer of power they couldnt refuse...

He helped to gain power.

And then as the Tenno awoke, so did the infested. Why? Because he was waiting in the shadows.