Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

I just read all posts and I wonder if his powers are descided.

There are some good ideas but I see no descided ones.

There is the atomising powers, control over Tenno, reverse healing.

Have I missed a post? Or is it still open for debate.

Hey folks!

So here is my new idea for a boss. I have not really played with the concept of an infested before, and I wanted to reuse my old design for my old ‘Void’ frame (now defunct) and turn it into something potentially more brutal. After some poking and prodding around, it seems that this Infested design lark is actually quite fun, and so I have come up with this guy;

Baphomet; the Betrayer

baphometdone_zps4ae74dd0.png

Additional Left Arm Concept

bapharm_zps4029a88a.png

And here is his weapon in detail.

saakrith_zps086a5e70.png

And here is Merihem, his favorite pet.

merihem_zpsa9bb34dc.png

This is an awesome render of the bust by arch111! Amazing work!

baphomet_textured_wip1_by_gaber111-d6uak

Original Concept Art below!

baphomet_zps5561e3b7.png

EDIT! New picture with suggested blade and organic scarf concept?

baphofull_zps511692ae.png

EDIT! And another quick doodle of him mounted.

baphomount_zps607c70fd.png

merihem_zpsc56821ff.png

---------------------

Some example Lotus lines:

“Baphomet. His betrayal was felt over a thousand installations before the Orokin knew of what he'd planned. Once a powerful healer, Baphomet gave himself over to the infested, claiming immortality at the price of his mind. Now crazed, this betrayer bends the Technocyte virus to his will.”

"Merihem is Baphomet's most deadly pet. The Betrayer's hound is rarely far from it's master."

“Do not listen to Baphomet’s blasphemy. His mind is long-since warped by the Technocyte virus. This makes him both dangerous… and unpredictable.”

“Beware of Baphomet’s control over the Infested. His hounds are fierce and relentless. Do not let him catch you off-guard.”

[When Fighting] “Target Merihem, Tenno. Removing his mobility will make Baphomet an easier target and weaken his defenses.”

[When Fighting] “Now - Attack him while he recharges his energy. If you are not swift then he, and his brood, will regain their strength.”

[When Completed] “Very good Tenno. No more will Baphomet’s insanity infect others, drawing them to his mindless cause. It’s time to leave.”

---------------------

Some example Baphomet lines:

“I remember you, [Player]. Your birth was cold and your purpose colder still. Come; embrace our warmth.”

“She lies to you, [Player]. Free yourself from your [Warframe] and taste the bitter fruit of truth.”

“Your reawakening has come at a time of great beauty, [Player]. Let me show you the path to a glorious new beginning!”

“What hubris. What conceit. Bring me your woes, [Player] and I shall set you free.”

[When Fighting] “I remember this fury! Such life! No wonder then, that your hands are always wet with blood!”

[When Fighting] “No pain is worth your ignorance, [Player]. When you are broken… you will see it yourself.”

[Player Downed] "And so, like your body, your will crumbles. Come [Player], I will lead you to a life without your lies."

[setting Merihem Loose] "Help them, Merihem. Help them understand the folly of the Old Kings."

[Merihem Downed] "Rest my chosen. I shall open their eyes myself."

[Merihem's Death] "You dare slaughter divinity like a common dog? So be it, [Player]. If you insist on being blind, then I shall make your eyes my own!"

UPDATE: With Voice Acting by Morec0!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_Qqz1WLYs&feature=youtu.be

Thank you Morec0!

---------------------

What do you guys think? Any ideas for boss stages or some kind of story behind him? I left the lines vague and filled with hidden meaning on purpose, but he was a lot of fun to come up with. Something perhaps along the lines of infestation control… kind of like Necro’s raise the dead, but he creates infested perhaps?

Any feedback is welcomed!

I like the concept, just needs some lore :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea for infested worshipers. They are a group of cultists who either have a natural resistance or have halted the imfection

They believe the virus is holy and aims to do spred it to every world.

They would be a subgroup to infested, and followers of Baphomet.

I have an idea for infested worshipers. They are a group of cultists who either have a natural resistance or have halted the imfection

They believe the virus is holy and aims to do spred it to every world.

They would be a subgroup to infested, and followers of Baphomet.

The cultist believe in an event called THE SINGULARITY in which every human being is consumed and turn into one huge computer system, then the entire universe!!.

I think instead of being a boss or another Stalker replica he should be tied into the invasions.  What if he is the one to cause the infected to infest a planet.  He could randomly attack a cell during a mission and depending on if you defeat him or not he will infest a node.  If you can't you wont fail the mission it will just turn into infested.  He would not go out of his way to slay the Tenno, he should just get his mission done.  If you miss your window to take him down that's it.

Note:  HE SHOULD BE A CHALLENGE

I love this concept! As soon as I recognized the name, this thread had my rapt attention, as I have always been interested in these kinds of subjects since I was a kid. The lore was short and bittersweet, very fitting for an entity from a people we know very little about. I feel it was too short, but I think that's just the reader in writer in me enjoying your work. But I digress. You've done your research, and that gets extra points from me, as I simply hate when people pull things out of thin air calling it fact, when there is already information regarding the subject.

There's being creative with what you have, and then there's being being pillock. Creating something just for the attention, rather than something that was created with blood, sweat, tears, countless hours, and coffee, infuriates me to no end to put it simply and family friendly. Bluntly put, you are the former. That is to say, a creative person. I agree with all of Sasquatch180's ideas on page one except in the term of the platforming elements. I want to fight the boss, not play a part of Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (Final Boss aside). While this is indeed a good concept, I personally like for boss fights not to be broken up. From one form to the next and so on. Not go through two forms, break it up with platforming, and fight the boss' final form. It can be done (ie., the Jak and Daxter series, Prince of Persia *some parts and games*, and ->Shadow of the Colossus<-), its just that I don't enjoy it when its broken into parts so visibly.

I like the design Baphomet. Very organic and yet rough at the same time. Love it! Though Merihem seems very squat in its legs, I image it to be taller than most Tenno in the stance its in. I feel it to be at least 1 3/4 Excalibur Warframes in height like that, maybe even 2.

Thanks for this much needed creativity I needed to see from the world. You deserve every bit of support you get, including my own.

Fell Artorias

As community suggestions go, I think bosses or enemies that tie into the Lore of the past, is the best way to help the devs.

They clearly got warframes covered. Grineer as well.

But the infested they are still not sure what to do with.

I for one would love to see bosses in a cinematic, speaking and directing the hive.

Baphomet is the first idea that makes the infested more interesting as a faction.

I only wish someone from DE will speak up and give their views on the subject, and this concept in particular.

Here's a bit of my insight and responses to previous suggestions...

1. This is one of the best ideas I've seen yet, and I'm probably even more excited about this than SilverBones is!

2. As for those who said "Replace Baphomet with Phorid," well...why not both? I believe the game needs more bosses anyways; Lephantis was only the beginning of a new age of "Super Bosses," so there's definitely space to expand on its design.

3. The voice acting and effect covers are 100% spot on Morec0! I wish the whole project success with all my heart!

4. I do think that some ideas for his normal attacks and special attacks would be beneficial, so we can have an idea of if he will be soloable, or require a group to kill (just like how Lephantis was supposed to be a group boss, but in reality any Rhino can just stun-lock the mouths open)

Edited by Galactix

• 3 weeks later...

Some claim the infested originate from void space.

If true, should we call fallen frames Void Frames instead?

Still dont know if DE has a plan for the Infested.

My understanding of it was that the Infested were a weapon developed by the Orokin to counter the Sentience.

Tenno are the ones developed in the void, it seems.

Mm I agree, but now some claim the virus comes from the Void.

Alot has to do with Embers codex I'm sure.

But if DE changes Canon again, they could link the infested as failed void experiments.

Or better yet, bodyless demons in the Void storm that followed the Zariman home.

The last is from me.

Beings of energy entered our dimension. Years later they managed to "infest" or posess humans or machines.

They used Orokin weapons against them, since both came from the void.

In desperation altered clones were taken to the void to tap into the void energy.

The twisted disfigured things that came back were encased in a Warframe to make them a match for the aliens called Sentients, due to them appearing as living machines.

Ok, sorry. I'll stop right there ;)

Whens Baphomet Access come out? 139.99 gets him and his favorite pet? Right, RIGHT??? Needs moar infested warframe to go with my infested weapon collection of awesomeness.

The new Baphomet isn't a playable frame - it's a boss concept.

On a side note: bump to keep this thread alive. This is probably the next best idea since Update 12.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice to have another type of infested boss since they removed basic golem (for good or ill) the infested lineup has the short end of the stick.  The game regularly mentions infestation being able to affect Tenno so it would stand to reason that at least one would function as a boss.

Now this sounds like a real interesting Infested boss. (I was pretty hyped with Lephantis, because I thought he'd be as hardcore as the Leviathan from BL2's Captain Scarlet DLC. Turns out, he isn't. Not at all. Meh.) Have my +1. :)

Some toughts about his arena: If he resides in the Derelicts, his arena could be a revamped version of that huge tile with the tree in the center. Although, I'd probably prefer to see him either as an alternative Infested invasion boss or as target for Infested assassination alerts. So maybe Grineer Galleon tileset with a special arena tile (e.g. a variant of that big room with the two cannons). This might even provide some backstory on the Infested invasions.

I wonder if he stood on the bridge of a infested cruiser, watching the Betrayal from afar, laughing madly

Now who does that remind me of? Ah, right, this guy: