Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interactions with other Warframes

Kontrollo

Some things have been mentioned in a few other threads, but I figured it might be a good idea to gather them in one place (WIP).

Compared to other Warframes, Garuda is very binary: an ability can have a small effect or a very big one. You're alive at one moment, the next you get stunlocked and die. Or your shield ran out. Or the target is obstructed. On the other hand: endless damage scaling potential with the right setup.

I think it's probably a good idea to collect these and talk about them rather than getting some random band-aid a few months down the line.

(Potential) Problems

• Can't use Dread Mirror(1) or Blood Altar (2) on enemies affected by certain forms of CC, more precisely: permanent ragdolls:
    • Nezha's Divine Spears (4)
    • Nidus' Larva (2) (from here, haven't tested myself)
    • [?] How about Nidus' Parasitic Link (3)?
    • Zephyr's Tornado (4)
    • Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm (4)
    • Khora's Strangledome (4)
    • Titania's Spellbind (1) and Lantern (3)
      • However, I did manage to use Blood Altar on a Lantern target once after a lot of spamming.
    • Vauban's Vortex (4)
  • Frozen/Petrified enemies are generally immune to procs. Seeking Talons (4) mark (Slash proc) doesn't work with the following Warframes:
    • Frost: Avalanche (4); while I've only tested the former: presumably also Freeze (1) and his Snow Globe (3) augment
    • Gara's Mass Vitrify (4)
    • Probably also Atlas' Petrify (3). I couldn't test it, but there's no reason why it should work here but not in the other two cases.
  • Blood Altar works on Nyx' Mind Control (1) and Revenant's Enthrall (1) targets, taking them out of the game (not tested, from here)
  • Can't use Blood Altar (2) on enemies in Limbo's Rift, not even when cast from the Rift plane. (mentioned here; confirmed)
    • Rift can also deactivate Blood Altar (from here; not tested)
  • [?] Does Dread Mirror's <40% finisher kill enemies banished by Limbo (or more precisely, when used from the other plane)?
  • [?] Does the Dread Heart work on Nyx' Absorb, possibly draining it in an instant?
    • After a quick test: probably not.
  • Doesn't work too well with Oberon's Renewal (3). It interferes with Garuda wanting to keep up her passive, which in turn causes constant energy drain on Renewal (pointed out here).

(Potential) Synergies

• Her Dread Mirror (1) can be used on an enemy affected by Trinity's Well of Life (1), giving 5x or 10x more charge (they're healed to full for the duration)
  • [?] Is it possible for her Seeking Talons (4) and Equinox' Maim (4) to feed off of each other?
  • [?] Can the Dread Heart (1) charge...
    • Nova's Antimatter Drop (2)?
    • The target of Nyx' new Mind Control (1)?
  • Blood Altar (2) works well with Oberon's abilities because the target only becomes immune to damage, not procs (Radiation).

Suggestions

• Give Blood Altar higher priority than certain other abilities. Especially Divine Spears, Larva, Tornado, Tentacle Swarm and Strangledome, because they're AoE with a large radius. (Others: Vortex, Spellbind, Lantern)
  • Please don't nerf any synergies 😛
    • ... or at least don't remove them outright. I'd rather have some interesting interactions than going full Gandalf on the synergy Balrog. 😛
  • Don't let Nidus' Larva grab enemies affected by her 4 (I guess only the initial stun), so the 4-1 combo can hit them properly (from here).

Other Threads

Spoiler

Misc.

• I've been able to use her first two abilties when they were ragdolled by Mag's Pull (1) or frozen in place by her Magnetize (2). Forgot to try them on Crush (4), but should work too, as it's just an animation. They also work on Crush (4)
Edited by Kontrollo
v4
  • Like 1

Garuda can impale Nyx’s Mind Controlled enemies, Revenant’s Entralled enemies, and bloodlet while Oberon is healing her so she can give him more energy issues.. she got those Anti - Synergy too. There’s one Synergy that’s nice for Garuda and that’s when Limbo is in your Squad. His Cataclysm can deactive Blood Alter but he can put her in the rift and abilities can ignore the rift so she can bloodlet and cast Blood Alter on a enemy without dying. She’s one of those rare Frames that can deal with Limbo. But the Frame that’s more annoying to be with as a Garuda Main is Saryn or Nidus.

So i hope DE let Gaurda have her other abilities castable when the enemies are CC’d by other Warframes except when the enemies are affect by abilities like Larva because right now, Dread Mirror or Seeking Talons works when a specific Warframe is in your Squad. But, Nidus needs to not grab the enemies when they are affected by Seeking Talons because i get so frustrated when i cast that ability before throwing the Blood Orb and Nidus kills them.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1

On 2019-01-07 at 4:34 PM, GPrime96 said:

Garuda can impale Nyx’s Mind Controlled enemies, Revenant’s Entralled enemies, and bloodlet while Oberon is healing her so she can give him more energy issues.. she got those Anti - Synergy too. There’s one Synergy that’s nice for Garuda and that’s when Limbo is in your Squad. His Cataclysm can deactive Blood Alter but he can put her in the rift and abilities can ignore the rift so she can bloodlet and cast Blood Alter on a enemy without dying. She’s one of those rare Frames that can deal with Limbo. But the Frame that’s more annoying to be with as a Garuda Main is Saryn or Nidus.

So i hope DE let Gaurda have her other abilities castable when the enemies are CC’d by other Warframes except when the enemies are affect by abilities like Larva because right now, Dread Mirror or Seeking Talons works when a specific Warframe is in your Squad. But, Nidus needs to not grab the enemies when they are affected by Seeking Talons because i get so frustrated when i cast that ability before throwing the Blood Orb and Nidus kills them.

Interesting, thanks. Hope you (and potentially others) don't mind if I summarise these in the OP.

Right now I'm just trying to be on the lookout on the things mentioned in the OP, and on the side I'm recrafting the cheaper Specters so as not to waste anyone's time wit this. So far I've found:

• Garuda's own Specter is dumb as a rock, doesn't use abilities at all. Can't let her use her talons by not equipping a melee, either.
  • Trinity:
    • Blood Altar (2) works on both Well Of Life (1) and Energy Vampire (2) while they're active. Which is nice.
    • Dread Mirror (1) can indeed be used on an enemy affected by Well Of Life (1) and stores 10x or 5x the usual amount (finisher is hard to do because they get 100% hp temporarily).
    • Dread Mirror (1) doesn't do its knockdown on an enemy affected by Energy Vampire (2), but works as expected otherwise.
Edited by Kontrollo
Specter talons

53 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

• Trinity:
    • Blood Altar (2) works on both Well Of Life (1) and Energy Vampire (2) while they're active. Which is nice.
    • Dread Mirror (1) can indeed be used on an enemy affected by Well Of Life (1) and stores 10x or 5x the usual amount (finisher is hard to do because they get 100% hp temporarily).
    • Dread Mirror (1) doesn't do its knockdown on an enemy affected by Energy Vampire (2), but works as expected otherwise.

So i can see Trinity being Garuda’s Friend when DE fix the issue with Garuda’s damage buff being lost immediately.

On 2019-01-08 at 6:53 PM, GPrime96 said:

So i can see Trinity being Garuda’s Friend when DE fix the issue with Garuda’s damage buff being lost immediately.

Yeah, even now it's not all bad with Trinity. You'll often lose your passive bonus due to her 4, but if you can convince your teammate to cast Well Of Life, there's a lot of potential for massive damage with her Dread Heart.

I've tested briefly with Nyx and Frost: The former seems to be unaffected by Dread Heart's damage (which is good). The latter doesn't work well with Garuda -- Avalanche prevents Slash procs from her 4.

Need to do some more, I hope I'll be able to update this properly, soonish.

I know this dosen’t really count as a Warframe but Operators can synergize with Garuda. Her 4’s bleed chance affects Operator’s Amp so she’s a nice Warframe to bring with if you have to deal with heavier Armor with your Operator’s Amp.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1

Testing turned out to be harder, and taking more time than anticipated. Slowly getting there, so far the following Specters didn't quite live up to the task:

Limbo:

Did a few knockdowns, but never put anything into the Rift. Guess DE is scared of his "potential". 😉

After a while he decided to jump off the map. RIP.

Spoiler

8RcjihT.jpg

Limbo decides to explore the unknown...

However, I did manage to confirm that Blood Altar (2) can't be cast on enemies in the rift in a regular mission. Even when I myself was standing in Limbo's Cataclysm.

Revenant:

Has no clue how to use any ability.

Nidus:

Does everything except casting Larva or Link on an enemy. Rude.

Khora:

Repeatedly cast her cage, but it didn't do anything at all. Venari was mostly disinterested, although I was surprised the kitty didn't try to knock anything off the tile. Maybe they didn't look expensive enough.

Spoiler

vSZHZsZ.jpg

The cage does nothing.

Atlas:

Just didn't give a f*** about my testing. I wanted him to stone gaze something, instead he made sure no enemy stayed on the map. Good job, bacon man.

Spoiler

uAtyaG2.jpg

In case Imgur hotlinking fails again: https://imgur.com/a/YBJPRLu

12 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

I know this dosen’t really count as a Warframe but Operators can synergize with Garuda. Her 4’s bleed chance affects Operator’s Amp so she’s a nice Warframe to bring with if you have to deal with heavier Armor with your Ooerator’s Amp.

Interesting, thanks.

Also updated the OP, some more later.

Edited by Kontrollo

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve played with a Vauban in a Random full Squad earlier today and Garuda can cast Blood Alter while a enemy is caught by his Bastille. Not sure about her 1 and 4 but i’m sure they would work with Bastille too.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1

Friendly AI can lock onto blood altar enemies and will not stop trying to kill that enemy. This happens with every friendly AI, from Sentinels, Specters, and Pets to summons like Nekros' shades and Atlas' rumblers. I have mixed feelings when ALL summoned shades of the dead lock onto my perfectly placed 3 blood altars. On the one hand, they're being completely useless. On the other hand, I'm being shot to hell and need the blood altars to keep my energy up and besides, the shades will just target my new blood altars if I replace the ones I already have out!

Frankly it feels like her passive also doesn't quite work. Healing frames interfere, her own blood altars interfere. Sacrificing all your health for a damage boost is counter-intuitive considering it would be most useful in high level content where the blood altars would become more of a necessity for survival. I get the high risk, high reward thing but it feels like it breaks synergy to use it.

Edited by Sennera
  • Like 1