Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Warframe

Mikhael222

I just wanted to share a few thoughts with DE and with the community about the future of Warframe and where it could go.

First and most important, I feel like there are plenty of Warframes.  I don't even play with all the frames I own, let alone all the frames I haven't acquired yet.  I think the addition of new Warframes could easily be slowed down a lot and thus allow more time for developing other things.

What other things?  Most of us are looking forward to Rail Jack.  But in general, new game modes/functions like that may be a better use of DE's time.  In my opinion, DE could take a break from releasing new Warframes and focus on making the universe bigger and have better-connected infrastructure.  We got a nice taste of that at the Tennocon reveal with Railjack, and I think it can go so much deeper.  It would be cool to eventually have everything seamless, even in little things like going to the relays.

Battle Royale is an overrated game mode.  Seeing Railjack live confirmed that for me even more.  There is so much more unique potential with PvE.  Instead of the cliche Battle Royale where 100 players run around and kill each other, what if instead we had a game mode where 100 Tenno go into a major open-world battle with 10-50,000 Grineer on the Plains or Corpus on Fortuna?  

I know.... something of that scale isn't technically possible....yet.  However, I get the impression that DE has a lot of potential bring such epic scales of battle into reality (at some point when tech gets better?).  Perhaps work on optimizing network connections and increasing enemy spawns would be another good step forward in Warframe's future.

The last thing I want to suggest is quests that go back into time and let us see/experience key turning points like the rise of the infestation (like Dark Sector, but in the Warframe universe), the old war with the sentients, and the fall of the Orokin Empire.

As always, thanks for all of your hard work, and hoping for a great year!

Edited by Mikhael222
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikhael222 said:

I just wanted to share a few thoughts with DE and with the community about the future of Warframe and where it could go.

First and most important, I feel like there are plenty of Warframes.  I don't even play with all the frames I own, let alone all the frames I haven't acquired yet.  I think the addition of new Warframes could easily be slowed down a lot and thus allow more time for developing other things.

What other things?  Most of us are looking forward to Rail Jack.  But in general, new game modes/functions like that may be a better use of DE's time.  In my opinion, DE could take a break from releasing new Warframes and focus on making the universe bigger and have better-connected infrastructure.  We got a nice taste of that at the Tennocon reveal with Railjack, and I think it can go so much deeper.  It would be cool to eventually have everything seamless, even in little things like going to the relays.

Battle Royale is an overrated game mode.  Seeing Railjack live confirmed that for me even more.  There is so much more unique potential with PvE.  Instead of the cliche Battle Royale where 100 players run around and kill each other, what if instead we had a game mode where 100 Tenno go into a major open-world battle with 10-50,000 Grineer on the Plains or Corpus on Fortuna?  

I know.... something of that scale isn't technically possible....yet.  However, I get the impression that DE has a lot of potential bring such epic scales of battle into reality.  Perhaps work on optimizing network connections and increasing enemy spawns would be another good step forward in Warframe's future.

The last thing I want to suggest is quests that go back into time and let us see/experience key turning points like the rise of the infestation (like Dark Sector, but in the Warframe universe), the old war with the sentients, and the fall of the Orokin Empire.

Definetly not possible

100 tennos

it will crash.

• Like 3

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Mikhael222:

This is an awesome idea!

I would love to see the universe in the state where the Orokin still ruled it. Would be interesting!

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Mikhael222:

what if instead we had a game mode where 100 Tenno go into a major open-world battle with 10-50,000 Grineer on the Plains or Corpus on Fortuna?  

Like you say yourself, not possible...they even had to reduce the enemy's animation in short distance on Fortuna, this shows where the limits of the engine are pretty well i guess.

Besides that, i agree that they definetly should stop releasing more stuff (Railjack left aside) and work with the stuff they already have.

If you care, i made a really long topic about what they could do with Fortuna and the Plains.

Basicallly, allowing "normal" missions there and enhance the OpenWorld feeling, also with bigger missions (not as big as your proposal though^^).

Check it out if you want (Point 1 and 3 are the most important imo) and add some ideas there, i am pretty much the only one posting there recently 😛

Spoiler

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2

if you wanna be a pvp addict try fortnight 

besides that pvp is not warframes focus, pve is so id be doubtful this would take a seat ahead of the games intended purpose  aka making warframes

wanting to invest the principles of another game into this one seems silly to me. id rather others didnt push fad/agenda of another game onto one thats doing well as it is without needing to me pvp centric 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

if you wanna be a pvp addict try fortnight 

besides that pvp is not warframes focus, pve is so id be doubtful this would take a seat ahead of the games intended purpose  aka making warframes

wanting to invest the principles of another game into this one seems silly to me. id rather others didnt push fad/agenda of another game onto one thats doing well as it is without needing to me pvp centric 

I don't think you actually read the forum post.....I very much stated that PvE is something that Warframe should continue to pursue and improve upon and that PvP is overrated.

Please re-read and get back to me when you do 😉

Just now, Mikhael222 said:

I don't think you actually read the forum post.....I very much stated that PvE is something that Warframe should continue to pursue and improve upon and that PvP is overrated.

Please re-read and get back to me when you do 😉

rather not

(if you read my post i dont remember targeting anyone in particular but making my thoughts known) 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Despite finding logic in your argument let's analyse what kind of game Warframe is instead. Warframe must have a constant flow of content at the same time it tries to rebalance and fix past content, and this must be harmonious, for it is a free to play game, therefore it needs to keep its playerbase engaged and constantly spending money. Without this system the game would crash. 

But then let's look at another argument:

40 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

I don't even play with all the frames I own, let alone all the frames I haven't acquired yet.

And you needn't to. Just because DE releases a  new frame it doesn't mean it's meant for you- After all the life force of this game is the stupidly high capabilites of adaptation and customization, allowing for players of all styles to play the way they feel to be the best. No one plays every single frame regularly because not every single frame is for every single player. Many players seem to not notice this. 

But then, one of the flagship features of the game is precisely this, the endless customization, the endless possibilities. And Warframes are the epithome of that, since everyone eagerly awaits the release of the next suit of genocidal armor, and what it brings to the table of the squad.

So no, I disagree with this part. Let's not forget that DE tries to release new regular frames more or less in line with prime releases. Why? Prime Access is a great selling point of the game, and since PA has a fixed time table of 3 months they need frames to be released more or less within that time so that there's a never ending supply of frames to be primed.

44 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Some times it feels like DE rushes content too much, and they could definetly explore their lore a bit better. I wouldn't mind if we had less open world focus and more lore/quest focus, and I mean substancial lore like cinematic quests and more events. Though I still like the open worlds and would like to see them released, but that's why I''m just happy with whatever DE decides to pursue, since I like pretty much everything in the game.

• Like 1

As far as I see it, the flow of income surrounding the release of New primes, and, by default, the new frames before that, is what funds the servers and the content development. 

All the ideas are great, but, asking them to stop what keeps money coming in is unrealistic.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Warframe must have a constant flow of content at the same time it tries to rebalance and fix past content, and this must be harmonious, for it is a free to play game, therefore it needs to keep its playerbase engaged and constantly spending money. Without this system the game would crash. 

I don't disagree with this at all.  It's just too bad there isn't a better way that DE could make money by expanding systems and improving infrastructure.

I wonder if they could limit their new frames to primes of previous frames (and still keep prime accesses) for a while until they do more elsewhere.

I don't know about 100 tenno vs tens of thousands of enemies, but larger scale is likely coming soon with The New War upon us. I'm not sure how many Tenno appreciate how big the larger Sentients are in addition to being spacefaring.

Edited by Beartornado

6 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

Definetly not possible

100 tennos

it will crash.

Our computers and consoles can't take that PUNISHMENT.

I remember BF2142 the devs designed it for 64 players. The servers couldn't handle it. Just like in Bf3 and high ticket maps, it made the servers unstable and reboot over and over and over again. Took too much server resources.

Those huge battles take "umph" to power, and not all gamers have Intel Extreme + Quad video to run it. FORGET 60fps! IF you can get 12fps on a client/server game ... you'll be doing good!

Hypothetically speaking, if everyone upgraded to internet so fast that you could stream 4K movies like a cakewalk, I wonder what a good maximum number of Tenno/enemy units you could have at once in one instance would be.  Like if you actively had 200 Grineer at all times on the Plains (with more spawning after the first ones die), and however many Tenno units could fit in the remaining bandwidth......that would still feel huge.

DE ought to mentally prepare for that because who knows?  Maybe mankind will eventually have internet fast enough for 4K streaming everywhere around the world XD

14 часов назад, Mikhael222 сказал:

I totally agree. Frames will soon be under a hundred. We have, in my opinion, an overabundance of means for the murder, but a lack of goals for it) 
I also have a lot of frames, lately, before taking a pause before Railjack, I constantly played only a few of them, depending on the type of mission. The rest simply lie on the shelf and collect dust (like and a pile of weapons). I was very impressed by what I saw on Tennocon about Railjack, I hope this will be an interesting, fresh chapter in the history of the game.

Цитата

Instead of the cliche Battle Royale where 100 players run around and kill each other, what if instead we had a game mode where 100 Tenno go into a major open-world battle with 10-50,000 Grineer on the Plains or Corpus on Fortuna?  

I know.... something of that scale isn't technically possible....yet.  However, I get the impression that DE has a lot of potential bring such epic scales of battle into reality (at some point when tech gets better?).  Perhaps work on optimizing network connections and increasing enemy spawns would be another good step forward in Warframe's future.

A good idea for an epic battle, but obviously, to date, the Warframe engine simply cannot cope with this. In the future .. why not)

Цитата

:thumbup:I have long been dreaming of a similar quest. I am also interested in the theme of the Orokin Empire and the Old War, in addition, such a quest could give answers to many questions that have accumulated to date in the plot.

• Like 1

Here's the future of Warframe for next year or year and a half:

1. DE relases more unreplayable content - empty open worlds. 

2. Players shriek with ecstasy for 1-2 weeks

3. soon after: "where our content boo-hoo!!!1 content drought!!1 DE do something!11"

4. 6-8 months of silence from DE

5. DE relases more unreplayable content - empty open worlds, but this time with a plot twist! It's in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace (with trice the amount of content gates)

6. Everyone binge-eats through the content within 2-3 weeks - after that noone bothers to play it

7. "DE moar content pls?"

Rinse and repeat untill someone with any "power" in DE will finally tell them that OW, as they currently are being made, fail in this game (not that well made OW would fail, but the way they make it, it sure does)

Also somewhere in this timeframe we'll get next superb questline. Be it side-quest or main one. Either way it will be amazing.

In meantime we might get some pseudo-content update with some trinkets that serve some purpose, that actually do nothing more than slow players down with abysmal drop rates, low good-reward chances or time-related gates. Obviously this contentwon't have replayability value and will be treated as "meh addition" within 1-2 weeks.

Maybe they'll add yet another "platinum bait" "upsie bug" like the last one with staticor for 3-4 months. 

Some events, that are either no fun grinds, or semi-fun will-shattering triple-the-grinds.

Edited by deothor