[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

32 minutes ago, kyori said:

So changing it again 1 year later? 

So i can keep playing on my windows 7 machine aslong as i keep buying security upgrades until 2023? sounds good to me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Yey, good bye potato systems!

GOOD BYE!

Actually, my system remains the same, it's only the OS that changes

PC master race isn't about having the highest specs (similar to be a good warframe player)

Edited by KIREEK
  • Applause 1

All this talk about potatoes makes me crave fries right now.

As for the topic at hand, something like that was bound to happen at some point. Moving on from older operating systems is unavoidable, and I have been at the bad side of such changes in the past, both with video games and work-related stuff.

had old cpu and gpu. Bought decent gpu. Still game can be on 15 fps in some moments and some fights - not higer than 20fps. Meh. 

I thought 2 core 3.2ghz cpu is enought for good gampley, so gpu is main problem. Looks like no. :((

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the news!

Hopefully my 2013 Macbook Pro will still be able to open the Orbiter and get my login rewards.

can i do that on windows phone? too lazy to tab monster hunter world.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

2 core 3.2ghz cpu is enought for good gampley

Dual core CPUs wasnt enough for Warframe like 3 years ago

Edited by Myscho

Posted (edited)

It's a really bad news for Warframe players with low end PC. A tons of players will no longer be able to play WF anymore, mostly brazilians, but also people that don't have money to buy a decent PC. Everytime you guys update the graphics it gets even heavy to load, PoE, Cetus, Earth and planets with much detailing and dinamic animation such as grass and snow. I know you guys as a Developer wants to improve the game even more but everytime you guys improve the graphics, tons of players stop playing because their PC can't handle the update. When I joined the community back in November 2018 I though Warframe was a game that gives a chance to everyone to play due x32 and Dx9 compatibility but seems I was wrong.

I really hope the best for the game and Devs! Kudos!

Edited by Drakve
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

I have a pretty new rtx card that rocks warframe over 200fps on maxed settings. But some scenes render at 80fps. When i check out why, it says the gpu is in idle, the game simply isnt demanding enough of the gpu. Will this be looked at as well?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ryme said:

Anthem won't support it.

See: "Shooting themself in the foot".

Interesting that they list DirectX 11 as a requirement, not 12 though.

30 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

I have a pretty new rtx card that rocks warframe over 200fps on maxed settings. But some scenes render at 80fps. When i check out why, it says the gpu is in idle, the game simply isnt demanding enough of the gpu. Will this be looked at as well?

Look at your system utilization for CPU.  If you have CPU cores running at 100% usage and the CPU is running at its max frequency, then you're CPU-bound and no amount of video hardware will make the game faster. The video card can only render frames after the game's logic has done all the computation for physics, AI, ability scripts, networking, etc. Warframe is more hungry for CPU strength than GPU, on most people's computers.

If it's only specific tiles and happens when you look at specific things, it might be worth noting in the Bugs forum because there may be an issue with a poorly optimized effect.

Edited by Momaw
  • Applause 1

15 hours ago, Sean said:

Planning ahead is the point of what I was saying.

Continuing to forcibly support software that is not updated and is considered dead by its creators to the detriment of the project is a backwards and moronic move.

What you are saying is you don't really know what you are talking about. Windows 10 Professional has currently 7 different main versions with different levels of support and End of Service dates: 1507(May-17), 1511(Oct-17), 1607(Apr-18), 1703(Oct-18), 1709(Apr-19), 1803(Nov-19) and 1809(May20). So half of those are already obsolete and 5th one has 3 months left. To complicate matters more since anniversary update (1607) each of those has a different Windows Display Driver Model starting from 2.1 to 2.5. Each WDDM version has it's own quirks and has weird interactions with GPU drivers.

To complicate it even more, you have Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB (WDDM2.0 - EoS Oct-25), Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (WDDM2.1 - EoS Oct-26) and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (WDDM2.5 - EoS Jan-29)

Oh and here is the real kicker, Microsoft is still supporting and updating Windows XP if you pay for it and in embedded systems case it's free till April 2019.

Next time do you research before insulting people on topics you know very little about.

Disclaimer: I'm not against dropping support for XP, I am sure DE looked at their hardware survey compared their development costs and number of players with releveant operating systems and hardware. I just don't like ignorance and namecalling.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bozakir said:

What you are saying is you don't really know what you are talking about. Windows 10 Professional has currently 7 different main versions with different levels of support and End of Service dates: 1507(May-17), 1511(Oct-17), 1607(Apr-18), 1703(Oct-18), 1709(Apr-19), 1803(Nov-19) and 1809(May20). So half of those are already obsolete and 5th one has 3 months left. To complicate matters more since anniversary update (1607) each of those has a different Windows Display Driver Model starting from 2.1 to 2.5. Each WDDM version has it's own quirks and has weird interactions with GPU drivers.

To complicate it even more, you have Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB (WDDM2.0 - EoS Oct-25), Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (WDDM2.1 - EoS Oct-26) and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (WDDM2.5 - EoS Jan-29)

Oh and here is the real kicker, Microsoft is still supporting and updating Windows XP if you pay for it and in embedded systems case it's free till April 2019.

Next time do you research before insulting people on topics you know very little about.

Disclaimer: I'm not against dropping support for XP, I am sure DE looked at their hardware survey compared their development costs and number of players with releveant operating systems and hardware.

The same people who are complaining about not having a decent computer to play the game within the new specs are not going to pay to further update the OS. These people will not be receiving updates and will be stuck on a dead version of Windows 7.

The actual cost of a computer that can run Warframe decently (or really any game) is extremely low and on top of that, Windows 10 is free if people go with the basic edition.

So how about you actually apply some common sense instead of thinking the world should wait up on the people choosing to stay back on an operating system from almost a decade ago.

I just don't like ignorance and namecalling.

The irony of this statement is laughable.

• Woah 2
  • Applause 1

32 minutes ago, Momaw said:

See: "Shooting themself in the foot".

Interesting that they list DirectX 11 as a requirement, not 12 though.

Look at your system utilization for CPU.  If you have CPU cores running at 100% usage and the CPU is running at its max frequency, then you're CPU-bound and no amount of video hardware will make the game faster. The video card can only render frames after the game's logic has done all the computation for physics, AI, ability scripts, networking, etc. Warframe is more hungry for CPU strength than GPU, on most people's computers.

If it's only specific tiles and happens when you look at specific things, it might be worth noting in the Bugs forum because there may be an issue with a poorly optimized effect.

I also have a gtx 970 which i upgraded from. It runs at 140 frames with lows of 90. Even at 90 fps it beats my 80 fps on rtx 2070. The cpu is fine, the problem is my rtx detects the game as idle load. Whereas my 970 is detecting it as "holy balls i need to work". Also worth mentioning that this type of behavior is typical of low demanding performance such as a web browser or YouTube video

30 minutes ago, Bozakir said:

Disclaimer: I'm not against dropping support for XP, I am sure DE looked at their hardware survey compared their development costs and number of players with releveant operating systems and hardware. I just don't like ignorance and namecalling.

What is your point exactly? Windows 10 is bad? Sorry im simply not good at reading in between the lines

• Woah 1

1 minute ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

I also have a gtx 970 which i upgraded from. It runs at 140 frames with lows of 90. Even at 90 fps it beats my 80 fps on rtx 2070. The cpu is fine, the problem is my rtx detects the game as idle load. Whereas my 970 is detecting it as "holy balls i need to work". Also worth mentioning that this type of behavior is typical of low demanding performance such as a web browser or YouTube video

So. Your card is running in power economy mode even when Warframe is running?  It's hitting 100% utilization of card in econ mode, but not ramping up its clocks to full speed to go faster?  That seems like a driver problem on Nvidia's end tbh 😞

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

So. Your card is running in power economy mode even when Warframe is running?  It's hitting 100% utilization of card in econ mode, but not ramping up its clocks to full speed to go faster?  That seems like a driver problem on Nvidia's end tbh 😞

Maybe, but to be clear, the game doesnt hit 100% utilization. In some scenes. For example open worlds hit 100% dojo and public places like maroos, but small maps like kuva fortress run at 30% or lower. Most maps also hit a respectable 70% and fluctuating and is enough to go full speed. It mught be certain maps being poorly supported. I asked in game and other players say its a lack of dx 12 support

23 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Yey, good bye potato systems!

GOOD BYE!

I wouldn't place my bets on a lack of potato rigs. They'll just buy bigger potatoes.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

My current potato:
Windows 7 64x SP1
Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz
8GB RAM
1GB Ati Radeon HD5750
80GB SSD
200GB HDD

The only problems I have is when I am designated host. Otherwise it is all fine, I can crank most stuff to max, but with the blur effects and everything, it can be disorienting and in a more hectic battle, I can't really aim at everthing, but no noticable lag. The only lags I encountered were on Orb Vallis since it's a big map but after it loaded it's mostly fine at max settings too. I usually play on low settings so I can see my targets better! XD

Semi-unrelated: I wish we could get highlight mods for darker maps, something like "Thermal Vision", could be an Exilus mod too, to help out ppl who have a hard time adjusting from dark to bright and vice versa. That way I could probably play on max settings too. XD

Posted (edited)

Pity-pats and gives a hug and a cookie to all those out there with ancient flintstones-nasa potato pc's. :sadcry:

cookie_1f36a.png 3.0

(Hug emote from AdmiralBahroo)

On an added bit of advice;
Should someone advice you to like, upgrade your pc. Don't directly go like "but I don't have the money for the latest pc".
You don't even need one of those, you can save up money for say, a pc or gaming laptop that's what.. 4-6 years old (or was made back then), that's not expensive at all..
Like, the latest pc's can be what.. $1500-2500 or more easily, the few years older ones can go for a good.. $250-750 depending on what you get ofcourse.

And just so you understand how old Dx9 actually is... DX9 Release Year [wiki] or for those who don't want to click the link "DirectX 9 was released in 2002", so in a sense it might as well be kinda ancient by now.

I do understand that there are people who really can't get a better pc any time soon, but do try to find a way to get something a decent bit better at some point, it'll help in the long run. 

Edited by Zoey_Corredan

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

What is your point exactly? Windows 10 is bad? Sorry im simply not good at reading in between the lines

He said supporting software not updated and considered dead by it's creators is bad.

Windows xp is still being updated and various versions of windows 10 is considered out of service. So whichever way you take his claim it's either moronic to drop windows xp or it's moronic to support windows 10 (certain versions sure, but they are all called windows 10). He has no idea about what he is talking about. His is just a padded "I got mine, I don't care about others" statement.

Edited by Bozakir
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bozakir said:

Do you know that those versions you mentioned have forced updates to newer releases? Or at least you can update for free to newer releases.
Also, the WDDM dont really matters when you interact via API with it and are not making your very own API to render your program (something that dont happens since old voodoo GPUs.

Windows XP uses outdated APIs with less efficient resource managment and data pathing that can't be compatible with newer and more efficient ways without A LOT of extra work, and since warframe its increasing its graphic quality scope its obvious that they NEED to be efficient and use their time and workforce efficiently as well.

Windows XP extended support its like saying that an android 2.1 device with extended security fixes its as good as a development platform as a last release one, its plain ignorant.

Sorry, but you REALLY need to look for more info about how each OS manage memory adress and how the different parts of it (specially the kernel) its involved on the final performance, error resistance and application access to hardware resources.

Moving away from not "last and supported" software frameworks its ALWAYS the best bet for a developer as long as your market dont fall too short.

Posted (edited)

The main thing I do hope, is that Windows 7 won't be dumped any time soon.

The game runs perfectly fine with W7 still (and maybe even on some before W7, you just need the hardware for the game and whatnot), I just personally chose it because I cba to deal with the "ego-stick-up-arse" shoddy updates that are forced on Windows 10..
Because when you work with editing software and such, you don't need microsoft screwing you over so to speak.. Did hear they changed something with this recently, but still don't need any of their ego "we know better" forced horror torture that is Windows 10.. :suspicion:

Or any W10 updates really.. one moment you're fine, the next they release something horrible and tag it as required, tested, etc..
(After all those horror stories of W10 problems.. I just don't want to have to deal with it.. yet.. will gladly move over to it once they get to a proper stable period so to speak, or another non-greedy-scam-advertising / forced-shoddy-updates OS (but it's microsoft.. the chance for that is really low as we've seen with the released features of W8 and then W10.. :tongue:))

Edited by Zoey_Corredan
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Zoey_Corredan said:

The main thing I do hope, is that Windows 7 won't be dumped any time soon.

The game runs perfectly fine with W7 still (and maybe even on some before W7, you just need the hardware for the game and whatnot), I just personally chose it because I cba to deal with the "ego-stick-up-arse" shoddy updates that are forced on Windows 10..
Because when you work with editing software and such, you don't need microsoft screwing you over so to speak.. Did hear they changed something with this recently, but still don't need any of their ego "we know better" forced horror torture that is Windows 10.. :suspicion:

Or any W10 updates really.. one moment you're fine, the next they release something horrible and tag it as required, tested, etc..
(After all those horror stories of W10 problems.. I just don't want to have to deal with it.. yet.. will gladly move over to it once they get to a proper stable period so to speak, or another non-greedy-scam-advertising / forced-shoddy-updates OS (but it's microsoft.. the chance for that is really low as we've seen with the released features of W8 and then W10.. :tongue:))

As someone that also works on his PC I understand how you feel. But I also want you to know that you can disable windows updates or manual configure them using the policy system that its included with every single windows OS since win 98, I do that on mine and fine tune this stuff that you (like me and any serious PC professional user) need to remove, dissable or manually manage.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, KittySkin said:

As someone that also works on his PC I understand how you feel. But I also want you to know that you can disable windows updates or manual configure them using the policy system that its included with every single windows OS since win 98, I do that on mine and fine tune this stuff that you (like me and any serious PC professional user) need to remove, dissable or manually manage.

True, got some friends that have W10 and each has their way of what to turn off or keep on, and I'll probably go to W10 eventually, but for the time being I'm fine with W7 :wink: