[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

14 часов назад, Myscho сказал:

Dual core CPUs wasnt enough for Warframe like 3 years ago

orly? and thats the REAL info we have - 

System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)

yeah sure,my cpu (which is almost twice better - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core2-Duo-E6400-vs-Intel-Core-i3-550) wasnt enought for warframe 3 years ago...

Cool,cool.

Posted (edited)
8 минут назад, Melanholic7 сказал:

yeah sure,my cpu (which is almost twice better - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core2-Duo-E6400-vs-Intel-Core-i3-550) wasnt enought for warframe 3 years ago...

Cool,cool.

My Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400 was enough for 4 years of warframe play ...

Frame rate and quality of graphics also apply.

https://ibb.co/M6H0LPw

What? Someone said that to play on such computers must be ultra and 1080p?

Edited by Vortigaunt256

Just ditch this old barely functionning game engine and switch to Unreal 4 or Cryengine 5, bring thise warframes to current gen and looks.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Fugana said:

Just ditch this old barely functionning game engine and switch to Unreal 4 or Cryengine 5, bring thise warframes to current gen and looks.

Do you know the insane levels of work that switching to another graphic engine takes on a game this size?

Also, evolution engine its not old, not barely functioning, it received API improvements and so damn much resource optimizationa to ditch it.

And for the recors. UE4 still uses some code from early UE2. Name changing on a graphic engine its more of a marketing move than a real "this new have nothing from our previous iteration".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KittySkin said:

Do you know the insane levels of work that switching to another graphic engine takes on a game this size?

Also, evolution engine its not old, not barely functioning, it received API improvements and so damn much resource optimizationa to ditch it.

And for the recors. UE4 still uses some code from early UE2. Name changing on a graphic engine its more of a marketing move than a real "this new have nothing from our previous iteration".

A lot of modern games are doing it, its nothing hard at all rather its just boring and time consumig for the hired artists and programmers.
The end results pay off every time.

12 minutes ago, Fugana said:

A lot of modern games are doing it, its nothing hard at all rather its just boring and time consumig for the hired artists and programmers.
The end results pay off every time.

Mind citing said games?

• Like 1

1 час назад, KittySkin сказал:

Mind citing said games?

The man just doesn't know it... I know the developers of one game, who spent about a year just for the transition of a newer version of unity.

1 hour ago, Vortigaunt256 said:

The man just doesn't know it... I know the developers of one game, who spent about a year just for the transition of a newer version of unity.

Yeah, transitioning to newer engine revision its more often than not a nightmare.

Transitioning between diferent engines its a living hell.

Everything from simple stuff like animations and models to scripts and special engine customizations needs to be done again.

Its a nightmare, specially for an engine as specialized for a specific game like Evolution Engine.

7 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

orly? and thats the REAL info we have - 

I had Core 2 Duo E8400 3 years ago and performance in Warframe was pretty sad, constant bottleneck by CPU even my graphics was enough for that processor

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure some of my clan mates won't be able to play warframe after this update is done. Some of them even jokingly said goodbyes but it was obvious they were pretty sad about it since they've played warframe for years even if they couldn't ever enter the open worlds.

I hope they are being taken into consideration and they still have a play to play the game.

Edited by Arc2199
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-01-07 at 6:54 PM, Fugana said:

So better have warframe on mobile phones by your logic? daily logins doenst mean healthy playerbase. We need content, improvements, balancing etc etc.

I cannot afford a new PC or a laptop atm, luckily my "high low-end" one will still run warframe and I've generally stopped playing in groups so I don't "bother" people like you. Others won't be so fortunate. Asking for a crusade against people that don't have the ability to afford a better machine is simply wrong. 

Posted (edited)

should have dropped dx10 too and add dx12 or vulkan

Edited by Alpacko

Then its time for me to say GOODBYE because my PC doesnt run well on 64bits thank you for kicking me out of the game gl hf

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Alpacko said:

vulkan

Vulkan is with one foot in grave

Edited by Myscho

Le 07/01/2019 à 23:31, LSG501 a dit :

Well you picked pc gaming... it's not exactly known for it's longevity of hardware, if you wanted some sort of longevity in your hardware you should have looked at console gaming.

PC parts do last 10 years if you want them to, but we're talking about low tier parts from ~2006 at that point. That was 13 years ago - on the cheap. If the game has to move forward and benefit from new technology, these antiquities have to be left behind at some point. These parts are worse than a current day consoles, and console specs are incredibly garbage.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Vulkan is with one foot in grave

Unless you need to develop something that its cross platform with linux where vulkan its indeed the best if not the only real option.

• Like 1

à l’instant, KittySkin a dit :

Unless you need to develop something that its cross platform with linux where vulkan its indeed the best if not the only real option.

Or if you want windows 7 & 8 compatibility, and something that isn't in the hands of another corporation. There is no good reason to chose dx 12 over vulkan, saying otherwise merely shows that you know nothing about game engines.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great news. I know some people will be upset but having potato hosts effect everyones gaming experience negatively. Hopefully we'll have more stable hosts from now on.

Edited by White_Matter

Posted (edited)

Let's see... DirectX9 came out in 2002.  DirectX10 came out in 2005.  Windows 7 x64 came out in 2009.  Definitely time for an update to slightly more modern hardware/software specs.

Edited by Stro_be
  • Upvote 2

que tiene de bueno que mucha gente dejara de jugar por no tener los requisitos minimos , fortuna me consumia 1,5 gb de ram ahora 2,5 creo que pronto abandonare el juego , creo que es desleal con los viejos jugadores de mas de 4 años , que son pobres y no pueden actualizar su pc. realmente lamentable

• Upvote 1

Well that's kinda annoying. 32 bit launching was the only way I could get the plains and vallis to load in a reasonable time,

• Upvote 1