[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

oh dear lord, look like I am gonna out of business soon lol. My current spec is not bad, just when I enable directx 10 or 11 I can't play with people because of using Intel HD graphic. So can someone please recommend me a good spec to build for current state of WF? Like running good frames in Fortuna and PoE etc 

• Upvote 1

RIP potato pc's, with 64 bit those can't hold Orb Vallis

19 minutes ago, dokiash said:

oh dear lord, look like I am gonna out of business soon lol. My current spec is not bad, just when I enable directx 10 or 11 I can't play with people because of using Intel HD graphic. So can someone please recommend me a good spec to build for current state of WF? Like running good frames in Fortuna and PoE etc 

There are plenty of damn cheap outdated hardware that can run warframe with the mew specs, the only real question its where are you from, what do you have right now on your system and how much money you can spend on it.

I dont mind helping you, but need at least some info in order to being able to help you less blindly.

Overall a 9800gt with 512VRAM its capable of running this game on minimum settings so...

• Like 1

Thanks for that update, now I can't play at all and you just lost a dedicated player, really regret spending all this time farming platinum for 30 day boosters. Really loved this game rip.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-01-07 at 4:23 PM, Momaw said:

Windows XP is dead because it commands less than 1% of the marketplace.

Windows 7 is not even remotely dead because it commands 40% of the marketplace. You're basically shooting yourself in the foot at this point in time, if you are a game studio and you're thinking about dropping Windows 7 support.

It was just revealed recently that Windows 10 install base is now larger than Windows 7. If we are going talk about shooting yourself in the foot, it would be forcing support of Windows 7 still.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3199373/windows-pcs/windows-by-the-numbers-windows-10-finally-dethrones-windows-7.html

And with inevitable cries of forcing support of DX9/10 and XP, most game companies dropped support for those awhile ago. 

Posted (edited)

I don't understand does that mean Warframe will no longer work on 32 bit systems?

Or that just the required written minimum specs will change in the game's description?

I mean yea sure i have a 64 bit Win 7 but sometimes when something is wrong to with my PC i still have a backup PC i can use which pretty much meets old Warframe minimum specs and game works fine for the most parts except Open world areas. Does that mean i won't be able to play Warframe on that PC anymore?

And i pray that you won't some day put Win 10 as a requirement to play WF

Cause as long as i live i will never use that system unless they improve their UI and ability to play older games without issues. (INB4 to Win 10 fans/Win 7 haters: don't lie that there aren't any cause vast majority of oldschool games don't work properly on Win 10 while they do on Win 7, I still like to play both newer games and my classics without having to switch PC's)

But i digress.

Edited by Lythael

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tathis said:

It was just revealed recently that Windows 10 install base is now larger than Windows 7. If we are going talk about shooting yourself in the foot, it would be forcing support of Windows 7 still.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3199373/windows-pcs/windows-by-the-numbers-windows-10-finally-dethrones-windows-7.html

And with inevitable cries of forcing support of DX9/10 and XP, most game companies dropped support for those awhile ago. 

Oh really?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/265033/proportion-of-operating-systems-used-on-the-online-gaming-platform-steam/

Edited by Lythael
I'm sorry for the double post i forgot this forum doesn't have "Delet Post" option. Should have just edited my bad i apologize :(
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lythael said:

I don't understand does that mean Warframe will no longer work on 32 bit systems?

Or that just the required written minimum specs will change in the game's description?

I mean yea sure i have a 64 bit Win 7 but sometimes when something is wrong to with my PC i still have a backup PC i can use which pretty much meets old Warframe minimum specs and game works fine for the most parts except Open world areas. Does that mean i won't be able to play Warframe on that PC anymore?

And i pray that you won't some day put Win 10 as a requirement to play WF

Cause as long as i live i will never use that system unless they improve their UI and ability to play older games without issues. (INB4 to Win 10 fans/Win 7 haters: don't lie that there aren't any cause vast majority of oldschool games don't work properly on Win 10 while they do on Win 7, I still like to play both newer games and my classics without having to switch PC's)

But i digress.

Compatibility its still an issue, but not as much as early days, I have came across little to no games that dont run on W10, most of the compatibility issues are for overspecialized appa that interact very closely to the kernel TBH.

And yes, UI its trash. You can still use old W7 ui, but its not as traightforward as an option as it should be. Im using old W7 interfaces without any particular limitation.

You should give it a shot, at least now that it has been refined A LOT compared to the trashy early releases (RIP my data during updates).

Eventually you will need to update to W10, like it or not, its part of how the market works, specially considering how much microsoft locks kernel data optimizations behind windows revisions.

Also multiboot installs also exists haha

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Compatibility its still an issue, but not as much as early days, I have came across little to no games that dont run on W10, most of the compatibility issues are for overspecialized appa that interact very closely to the kernel TBH.

And yes, UI its trash. You can still use old W7 ui, but its not as traightforward as an option as it should be. Im using old W7 interfaces without any particular limitation.

You should give it a shot, at least now that it has been refined A LOT compared to the trashy early releases (RIP my data during updates).

Eventually you will need to update to W10, like it or not, its part of how the market works, specially considering how much microsoft locks kernel data optimizations behind windows revisions.

Also multiboot installs also exists haha

Nah i won't need to upgrade "eventually" unless i would want to play future games that will require Win 10 as minimum specs. For those i would need to  buy new PC anyways. 

So OS upgrade is out of the question unless its a complete overhaul of my current PC's hardware / getting a new PC.

Then yea i would maybe consider Win 10 to use my PC's new specs to full potential.

Otherwise i feel no need to "give it a shot" especially when there are STILL a lot of things that they need to refine on Windows 10 and they payoffs of switching from Win7 to Win10 are not that great for the games i currently like to play.

Same as i did with Windows 7 I will wait till its refined enough despite the ridicule and recommendations.

Yea maybe i was a bit harsh on 10 but i will wait just in case it turns out to be a failed experiment like Vista or 8 that will get quickly ditched for next OS.

I skipped Vista cause i knew somehow that it would flop and what would you know Win 7 turned out to be superior to Vista in almost every way despite a rocky start and still holded up better than Win 8.

Edited by Lythael

26 minutes ago, Lythael said:

Okay, and? Take a closer look at the link I posted. That still shows Windows 7 32Bit users and MacOS users. More of a statistical anomaly. 

Windows 10 jumped by 1.1 percentage points in user share in December, climbing to 39.2% of all personal computers and 45.5% of all PCs running Windows.

What Steam shows is meaningless, not everyone that has a PC is a gamer. There are more Windows 10 users than Windows 7, simple as that.

If we are going to use statistics to try and prove Windows 7 is the larger install base, they all say the same thing:

http://gs.statcounter.com/windows-version-market-share/desktop/worldwide

27 minutes ago, Tathis said:

What Steam shows is meaningless, not everyone that has a PC is a gamer. There are more Windows 10 users than Windows 7, simple as that.

You are in a wrong forum then cause this is a gaming forum. Warframe is a Game.

Aswell as PC gaming has a lot wider market than any other use of PC hardware be it for work or anything else. Numbers are still way inferior to people who own PCs for gaming purposes.

and there are a lot more gamers prefering Win 7 over 10 , simple as that.

Well dang. That's kind of a shame. Was nice to at least be able to log in and get a few things done (like pick up Catalyst alerts/invasions) on my old laptop while I wasn't around my main PC, even if it was kinda' chunky.

Oh well, I guess. 😐

Hopefully you don't stop supporting allowing Windows 7 anytime soon, or I'll have to quit Warframe after the bazillion hours I've put into it.

Edited by ozwalled
additional info

On 2019-01-07 at 4:01 PM, [DE]Helen said:

In June 2018, we announced plans to change Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs. We have officially set a timeline for these changes!

Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs will change to Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems, DirectX 10 capable graphics cards, and 4GB of RAM in mid February 2019.

We want to move away from operating systems that Microsoft and hardware vendors no longer support and focus on software that improves Warframe’s development potential. Updating our Minimum Supported Specs will keep player experiences safe and stable on operating systems that are up-to-date, secure, and supported by the companies that make them.

We explained in detail when we announced our plans - please click here if you’d like to know more! We’ll let you know in this thread when the changes are live - stay tuned!

WHYYYYYYY???? The only reason 😕i could play warframe in the first place is because of hiago boost. It boosted my fps from 13-17 to 40+ on my potato..... The problem is that it only runs with direct x 9 32 bit ffs. Unless there's another good fps booster out there that works with direct x 10 64bit??? But anyways... Good bye thousand hours of warframe...... All gone from one change 😕

Edited by RaZdoT
  • Upvote 1

After some testing I noticed I lost about 7 frames and my ram usage went up about 200 MB with a little extra lag, I have a lower end PC so is this normal? My settings have not changed before or after BTW and I have screen shots to prove my statement if needed.

Will in february ? can i still play i got INTEL I5 2400 WITH GTX 1050 AND 8GB RAM hmmm ... cuz when i launch warframe it said hope u upgrade soon i was like wtf ! ? really nigguh i just upgraded a weeks ago 

2 minutes ago, jomarey05 said:

Will in february ? can i still play i got INTEL I5 2400 WITH GTX 1050 AND 8GB RAM hmmm ... cuz when i launch warframe it said hope u upgrade soon i was like wtf ! ? really nigguh i just upgraded a weeks ago 

As long as your Windows is 64 bit and Windows 7 or newer, you're fine and nothing changes for you.

Il y a 6 heures, dokiash a dit :

Some sort of Ryzen 3, 8gb of ram and a gtx 1050 or a RX 560 should give you a good warframe and even present day gaming experience (with minimum/med settings for the latest games). That's for the minimal budget. If you want more, the sky is the limit. I also strongly recommend a SSD unless you like loading screens.

Edited by sixmille

On 2019-01-07 at 1:55 PM, ContiX said:

'Cuz not everyone can afford to buy a top-of-the-line gaming machine, or even a decent or budget gaming machine. It's not fair, but it's life.

yes and those people shouldn't be allowed to host. by all means be a crappy player on someone's team cause you can't render fast enough to react. i accept people in pubs suck. 

but don't subject everyone else to your crap experience. same reason I am fine with people LF squads in a different region's recruit chat, but I think hosting there is wrong.

à l’instant, tarfeef101 a dit :

yes and those people shouldn't be allowed to host. by all means be a crappy player on someone's team cause you can't render fast enough to react. i accept people in pubs suck. 

but don't subject everyone else to your crap experience. same reason I am fine with people LF squads in a different region's recruit chat, but I think hosting there is wrong.

This. I hope they ban low spec machines from hosting at some point. Latency is one thing, it's bad but not as bad as a desync because someone's hosting on a toaster.

Just now, sixmille said:

This. I hope they ban low spec machines from hosting at some point. Latency is one thing, it's bad but not as bad as a desync because someone's hosting on a toaster.

To me, it's totally fair. You're not being punished for the PC you can afford, but at least that way it prevents others from being subjected to your subpar hosting experience. 

IMO, host choice should be as follows:
1) must pass minimum spec/performance check
2) for all who pass step 1, pick the best average ping with the other 3 party members. That person hosts
3) if no party members meet step 2 with an acceptable ping (say, sub 100ms average? idk what people think is fine, I have very high standards myself), then reform the party

Of course this is all pubs. private groups are just the host who invites. and don't be a $&*^ and host when you got a crap pc and McD's internet.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, RaZdoT a dit :

WHYYYYYYY???? The only reason 😕i could play warframe in the first place is because of hiago boost. It boosted my fps from 13-17 to 40+ on my potato..... The problem is that it only runs with direct x 9 32 bit ffs. Unless there's another good fps booster out there that works with direct x 10 64bit??? But anyways... Good bye thousand hours of warframe...... All gone from one change 😕

I really don't understand people sometimes. There's a setting called "automatic resolution scaling" in the graphic options. Use it. You could even play in 800*600 if that's your thing. You don't need a random piece of software like that, it's completely outdated and the game does it better natively.

Edited by sixmille
  • Like 1

i have a ATI RADEON HD 3450 512RAM, and my pc has Win10 64bits  with DX12, and the launcher dont recognize DX11 ( can´t be selected ) nor DX12 (does not shows), with DX10 has visual crashes, already make the last actualization with my drivers, and the Dx... and still crashes...   https://prnt.sc/m57nya

On 2019-01-07 at 1:01 PM, [DE]Helen said:

In June 2018, we announced plans to change Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs. We have officially set a timeline for these changes!

Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs will change to Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems, DirectX 10 capable graphics cards, and 4GB of RAM in mid February 2019.

We want to move away from operating systems that Microsoft and hardware vendors no longer support and focus on software that improves Warframe’s development potential. Updating our Minimum Supported Specs will keep player experiences safe and stable on operating systems that are up-to-date, secure, and supported by the companies that make them.

We explained in detail when we announced our plans - please click here if you’d like to know more! We’ll let you know in this thread when the changes are live - stay tuned!

Thanks for the news tough i do have DirectX11supportableGraphicsCard if i go toand open warframe it gives me the screen thingy for graphic card and this