[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

Hopefully this means DE will give 64-bit and DX10 a look, my computer can run them all on high no problem but in Cetus, Orb Vallis and in the relays, my fps goes down into the 5 to 10s when normally its over 60 fps, the only way I managed to play during both Fortuna updates at all was switching into 32-bit mode after lowering every other graphical option to the lowest setting didnt increase my fps in those places at all, while 32-bit mode gave me around 55 fps on average.

I bought this computer 2 years ago and I dont wanna stop playing this game because of bad optimization...

En 10/1/2019 a las 6:01, RaZdoT dijo:

thanks so much! Increased my fps to 30-34 with lowest res scale. hiago is still better by far but i'll take this i guess.

the x64 client is tooo buged to play on it 

• Upvote 1

hace 1 minuto, Burq dijo:

Hopefully this means DE will give 64-bit and DX10 a look, my computer can run them all on high no problem but in Cetus, Orb Vallis and in the relays, my fps goes down into the 5 to 10s when normally its over 60 fps, the only way I managed to play during both Fortuna updates at all was switching into 32-bit mode after lowering every other graphical option to the lowest setting didnt increase my fps in those places at all, while 32-bit mode gave me around 55 fps on average.

I bought this computer 2 years ago and I dont wanna stop playing this game because of bad optimization...

the x64 client is tooooo buged to play on it 😞

• Upvote 1

IDK about why this much compains about x64 client, I have never faced an issue with it on a full year of exclusive dx11/x64 client usage

• Upvote 1

On 2019-01-10 at 5:01 AM, RaZdoT said:

thanks so much! Increased my fps to 30-34 with lowest res scale. hiago is still better by far but i'll take this i guess.

• Here, this might help you some, blatantly cut and pasted from a reddit post by heluvahell

• go to Users \ YourUsername \ AppData \ Local \ Warframe (AppData folder and it's contents are hidden files, so make sure to check them for visibility first);

• find EE.cfg file and open it with any text editor;

• find Graphics.ResolutionScale line and set the parameter to any below 0.5 (like 0.3 or 0.4), save and close.

The image will be S#&$ty pixelated, yes, but if you had, for instance, DR set to 50% and anti-aliasing checked off, try going for 35-40% with FXAA on instead. That should increase your FPS with tolerable damage to the image.

Seeing so many problems of hosting. My PC is a beast but the internet connections in my nation are not the best specially in rainy season. I have faced lag in game from some hosts but no idea if it is due to net speed or potato pc. So can any technical guy comment what causes the lag for others

Also DE make a feature where the person with the best specs automatically becomes the host. No more complains from anyone. 

I know people who are gonna get hit by the dx 10 stuff. But all have win 7 64 bit or higher and 8 gb ram

I keep seeing everyone complaining about the DX/10 min, and flash back to a couple? of years ago when ESO changed it specs to x64/DX11 - that's 11 - so honestly, for a big, successful MMO, DE is being very very nice.

I do really wish that devs collectively would do Linux ports OR just straight up base Linux support - I resent having to buy a new POS OS from MS just for gaming - WinX is, nor will it likely be, in my future - ever. Win7 works on and with all things - PTL  🤣

And in a closing note: MS working on making WinX/Win.XX a subscription based "service model", where you pay to play every year to use the OS - W T A F - how (rhetorically speaking) can that NOT make Linux/OSS-OS a more desirable option?!

Edited by FreyjaFX
Simple content fix

Another thing that probably should be noted is that DX9 has a much more limited throughput than DX10+. There's only so much you can do with a 32-bit, DX9 based game before it starts to collapse on itself.

As an example, look at Payday 2. While optimization for later content is honestly total crap, content present early on/on release now also suffer performance loss due to there being too much in the game for a 32-bit, DX9 game to handle.

well I guess its farewell, all respect to DE for being the only developer to care about making good graphics optimized to let poor people play for this long

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DeadMansChest said:

Another thing that probably should be noted is that DX9 has a much more limited throughput than DX10+. There's only so much you can do with a 32-bit, DX9 based game before it starts to collapse on itself.

As an example, look at Payday 2. While optimization for later content is honestly total crap, content present early on/on release now also suffer performance loss due to there being too much in the game for a 32-bit, DX9 game to handle.

Most everything one does in Direct x9 versions will work within Direct X 10 as 10 is just a slightly modified version of 9. The problem is that for some functions, it can be used to still reference the Dx9 resources and paths resulting in a patchwork that fumbles. This actually came up back during Tethra's Doom believe it or not, one of the optimizations run around the time removed Direct X9 resources if you let it complete, and thus made it impossible for some players to even run the event.

On 2019-01-09 at 9:07 AM, Alpacko said:

should have dropped dx10 too and add dx12 or vulkan

If I am remembering correctly, their dx10 support is done through dx11 as a sort of backwards compatibility thing. so there is no real point in dropping the dx10 support.

On 2019-01-16 at 9:30 AM, THeMooN85 said:

You mean either have your privacy violated with windows 10 and its forced options or switch to Linux and invest in getting WINE to work correctly. No, most folk that want some sense of security and privacy are going to need to avoid Win10 for some time to come. It does have some improvements for sure, but you pay for that with no privacy and telemetry and update options that can not be fully turned off safely without being in the same boat as that non-support windows 7 example you gave. Research it a bit if you think otherwise.

• Upvote 1

I do think otherwise... I use Win10 from the day it has being announced and I do not feel either unsecured nor violated with my privacy... I never has any problem with that... I got nothing to hide... and if you are saying about collecting data... who doesn't doing this in nowadays?

6 hours ago, Urlan said:

You mean either have your privacy violated with windows 10 and its forced options or switch to Linux and invest in getting WINE to work correctly. No, most folk that want some sense of security and privacy are going to need to avoid Win10 for some time to come. It does have some improvements for sure, but you pay for that with no privacy and telemetry and update options that can not be fully turned off safely without being in the same boat as that non-support windows 7 example you gave. Research it a bit if you think otherwise.

If you are someone that worried about your privacy, you should avoid cellphones at all, on yours or someonelses pockets.

BTW all telemtry related stuff can be registry level disabled on windows 10 along with basically every "smartphone like" component

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

U have bought my low end laptop in 2009, and game works on DX9 with stable 16 fps. Well'p, now i gonna to die.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KittySkin said:

If you are someone that worried about your privacy, you should avoid cellphones at all, on yours or someonelses pockets.

BTW all telemtry related stuff can be registry level disabled on windows 10 along with basically every "smartphone like" component

Some yes. If you disable it on Win 10, you know that Win 10 re-enables it next time it has to run an automatic update.  Note that using the supplied Microsoft option, to turn off Telemetry does not actually do so - something that in normal situations would be fine worthy. For the comparison to phones, its mostly how much data and privacy is taken in standard situations.

• Haha 1

В 10.01.2019 в 22:45, EDM774 сказал:

I'm not from Malaysia but my country's currency is also in the neighborhood of 1 dollar = 4 of mine and yet I have a laptop that I bought for my studies 2 years ago (for which I'm still paying btw I have 2 years of payments left to do on the thing) and I have 8Gigs of ram and a GTX1050 capable of running warframe just fine and dandy. being poor is not an excuse I'm poor too but I have this PC and I'm still paying for it BUT I HAVE IT.

Thats cute.

Go back and tell the same when your ration will be 1 to 30-60.

Yeah I have 60fps in warframe but it buffles me why update whatever is not broken (while also having *** PoE and Fortuna optimization).

On 2019-01-07 at 10:43 PM, Ryme said:

Operating systems that Microsoft no longer support? Please don't force us to use Win 10.

why? would you rather still use an OS like vista or 8/8.1 instead? only alternative to 10 was 7, and that is now without support from MS (except if you got the vip-agreement from MS for it, then you 'might' get another year of support...).

seriously, win10 is far better than many fools claim it to be - except for some nasty default settings that everyone who can read (and do some little research in the net) is able to deactivate. windows 10 is nearly as resource efficient as windows 7 was too (after some updates, that is). beside that, hardware older than 12 years isn't a valid resaon to shun win10 either - i bet my аss that those people still buy themself the newest smartphone every year or two, but then whinning about being unable to use their potatos from the last millenium anymore...

that being said, it's not DE that forces you to win10, it's microsoft in the end that does so - and since most people seems to be unable to use any other (and mostly better) operating system, that's what they deserve. yes, even though i like win10 better then its predecessors, i would rather use linux only - even for games like warframe... but that's not likely to happen anytime soon, so i rather pick the best one from the 'bad apples' instead one with more worm than fruit in it...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

why? would you rather still use an OS like vista or 8/8.1 instead? only alternative to 10 was 7, and that is now without support from MS (except if you got the vip-agreement from MS for it, then you 'might' get another year of support...).

seriously, win10 is far better than many fools claim it to be - except for some nasty default settings that everyone who can read (and do some little research in the net) is able to deactivate. windows 10 is nearly as resource efficient as windows 7 was too (after some updates, that is). beside that, hardware older than 12 years isn't a valid resaon to shun win10 either - i bet my аss that those people still buy themself the newest smartphone every year or two, but then whinning about being unable to use their potatos from the last millenium anymore...

that being said, it's not DE that forces you to win10, it's microsoft in the end that does so - and since most people seems to be unable to use any other (and mostly better) operating system, that's what they deserve. yes, even though i like win10 better then its predecessors, i would rather use linux only - even for games like warframe... but that's not likely to happen anytime soon, so i rather pick the best one from the 'bad apples' instead one with more worm than fruit in it...

Your calling folk 'fools' for being informed about the drawbacks of the OS and not desiring them shows a lack of knowledge and understanding about the situation. But then, it is often said to examine oneself before throwing stones eh?

• Haha 1