[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

Posted (edited)

In June 2018, we announced plans to change Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs. We have officially set a timeline for these changes!

Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs will change to Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems, DirectX 10 capable graphics cards, and 4GB of RAM in mid February 2019.

We want to move away from operating systems that Microsoft and hardware vendors no longer support and focus on software that improves Warframe’s development potential. Updating our Minimum Supported Specs will keep player experiences safe and stable on operating systems that are up-to-date, secure, and supported by the companies that make them.

We explained in detail when we announced our plans - please click here if you’d like to know more! We’ll let you know in this thread when the changes are live - stay tuned!

Edited by [DE]Helen
  • Like 38
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 7
  • Applause 13
  • Upvote 13

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the news!

Hopefully my 2013 Macbook Pro will still be able to open the Orbiter and get my login rewards.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5
  • Haha 22
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Hopefully my 2013 Macbook Pro will still be able to open the Orbiter and get my login rewards.

I do hope the same for my XP one

• Haha 11
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I do hope the same for my XP one

I hope not. You got PC/notebook with system that Microsoft ended supporting in 2014! Why, oh why you still using it?!

Edited by THeMooN85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 4
  • Applause 8
  • Upvote 3

i have AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 and AMD Radeon HD 5670 and after change of system requirerments will work?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I hope this will remove players with trash computers hosting big maps and bosses.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 5
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 8

Operating systems that Microsoft no longer support? Please don't force us to use Win 10.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the news!

I'd never have said with your lighting speed 👀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryme said:

Operating systems that Microsoft no longer support? Please don't force us to use Win 10.

Just wait a while. It will end up like that.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I hope not. You got PC/notebook with system that Microsoft ended supporting in 2014! Why, oh why you still using it?!

'Cuz not everyone can afford to buy a top-of-the-line gaming machine, or even a decent or budget gaming machine. It's not fair, but it's life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Applause 9
  • Upvote 14

4 minutes ago, ContiX said:

'Cuz not everyone can afford to buy a top-of-the-line gaming machine, or even a decent or budget gaming machine. It's not fair, but it's life.

So not everyone should play that game and forcing others to wait for them with their potatoes PCs.

• Satisfied 1
  • Woah 8
  • Applause 9
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, TTSkyHammer said:

i have AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 and AMD Radeon HD 5670 and after change of system requirerments will work?

As long as you have Windows 7 64bit and DX10 or higher you will have no problems to run Warframe. I have same specs, and only time i encountered a frame rate drops is when playing in Orb Valis.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

snip

Are we going to actually get any minimum spec adjustments because there are still plenty of toasters that can fall under those changes.  It's not just the operating system and DX version that is the reason we keep moaning about lagging hosts, it's underpowered pc's being selected as hosts or even being allowed to play the game....the existing listed min specs is not enough to run the game comfortably AND host, they need updating too.

Perfect example: My old socket 939 AMD x2 4200+ and HD5450 can match those above changes and are above the existing min requirements however I will not run warframe on it because it will not cope with the game let alone being host and I would not want to subject players to the lag that it would cause.

Existing specs as per steam:

• Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+
  • Memory:2 GB RAM
  • Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
  • DirectX®:9.0c
  • Hard Drive:25 GB HD space
  • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Obviously a few bits will now change due to the above but can you honestly say those specs are enough for a smooth fortuna experience....

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

So not everyone should play that game and forcing others to wait for them with their potatoes PCs.

I will always find a way to play on my Potato PC 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I didn't say that. I meant the unfair part being that people just get left behind.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, ContiX said:

I didn't say that. I meant the unfair part being that people just get left behind.

Well you picked pc gaming... it's not exactly known for it's longevity of hardware, if you wanted some sort of longevity in your hardware you should have looked at console gaming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Well you picked pc gaming... it's not exactly known for it's longevity of hardware, if you wanted some sort of longevity in your hardware you should have looked at console gaming.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /s

I've actually got a decent PC for the first time in my life. I'm just being sympathetic towards those who don't.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Upvote 6

Considering that Windows 7 is going to hit its end-of-life date in just under a year, may want to keep that in mind for when you guys are updating your minimum specs. Microsoft has their extended support hitting a full decade for each of their operating systems.

Overall this will be a good change for Warframe as forcing compatibility with outdated hardware and software doesn't help anyone and only can hurt the game itself.

• Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Now its time to let us know when are you planning to add DX12 support (with a propher implementation OFC) in order to reduce the CPU overhead to improve host performance (by selecting DX12 working systems over DX11/10 ones to host a game) 😛

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6