[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

50 minutes ago, Ghoul_Ghost said:

Yeah I meant the OS mainly not his complete set up, Didn't think I would have to clarify. 

But W7 its perfectly updated to play warframe and with that much ram he's using ofc an x64 one, I mean, its on all the ways a fault on the game engine OR a damaged OS OR a damaged installation, but not something that he can really "fix" unless he really knows whats happening 😛

9 minutes ago, SebaZOscure said:

but 3GB ram the game dont run anyomore?

It could still run. You would likely end up with minimum settings and very low FPS. "Support Specs" usually means that these will run the game fine. Not that anything lower cannot possibly work.

• 3 GB of RAM is too low for most things now anyway

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It could still run. You would likely end up with minimum settings and very low FPS. "Support Specs" usually means that these will run the game fine. Not that anything lower cannot possibly work.

• 3 GB of RAM is too low for most things now anyway

with 3GB of ram i have not had any problems in continuing to play in "horrible" quality, for me is impossible update my PC hardware due to economic issues in my country 😧

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SebaZOscure said:

With 3GB of ram i have not had any problems in continuing to play in "horrible" quality, for me is impossible update my PC hardware due to economic issues in my country 😧

Unless DE rolls out a new engine/massive graphics improvements you should still be able to play. But DE will never try to fix problems around having anything under the new minimum. You may find you cannot play new content at all though, such as Railjack (whenever that arrives).

• I do not know what DE’s intention is. So I cannot make any promises.
Edited by krc473

19 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Unless DE rolls out a new engine/massive graphics improvements you should still be able to play. But DE will never try to fix problems around having anything under the new minimum. You may find you cannot play new content at all though, such as Railjack (whenever that arrives).

• I do not know what DE’s intention is. So I cannot make any promises. 

I understand, i can play in fortune but i don't know if i can in railjack xd, my only problems  with the fps in Warframe is when many people come together in one place (like in fortune and cetus) so every time i go there, i need put in 50% the graphic definition, ty.

19 hours ago, SebaZOscure said:

If i have:

Windows 10

64bits

GPU with D10 support

Wow that is a bad set up pretty sure you wont be able to play anymore YIKES talk about old as fvck

For those having issues. Try things like CCleaner to maybe fix registry issues. Check drivers for graphic cards are not out of date. Lastly there is a repair tool in the launch if you think something is not right before doing a new install.

Otherwise two thing confuse me.

1) How this thread is this long about updating specs. Every game that lasts this long has done it. It's not like its Apple that puts code in to throttle hardware and make you think everything is fine...

2)

22 hours ago, SebaZOscure said:

3GB? Don't think I've seen a system run 3GB of ram since the late 90s when dial-up was the main internet access. Cookie cutter computers at franchise chains are like 8g min no of days. Not sure if I am impress at your dedication to that system or should show sympathy.

Here's my setup:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
4.00 (3.38 GB usable) RAM
32-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Directx10 and 11 support

Will this work for the upcoming update?

Edited by Evenoss

18 hours ago, Zelmeno said:

3GB? Don't think I've seen a system run 3GB of ram since the late 90s when dial-up was the main internet access. Cookie cutter computers at franchise chains are like 8g min no of days. Not sure if I am impress at your dedication to that system or should show sympathy. 

In the country where i live, it is very normal 2-3GB ram in PC.

21 hours ago, Ghoul_Ghost said:

Wow that is a bad set up pretty sure you wont be able to play anymore YIKES talk about old as fvck

:c

2 hours ago, Evenoss said:

Here's my setup:
Directx10 and 11 support

Per DE's post. If your specs are not the same or better you will probably have a bad time

• Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems
• DirectX 10 capable graphics cards
• 4GB of RAM 

On 2019-01-30 at 8:24 AM, KittySkin said:

But W7 its perfectly updated to play warframe and with that much ram he's using ofc an x64 one, I mean, its on all the ways a fault on the game engine OR a damaged OS OR a damaged installation, but not something that he can really "fix" unless he really knows whats happening 😛

It's me again

I have upgraded my pc to win 10 64 bits

I have checked the game's data

I have upgraded the driver of my 980TI

And still, the game may crash and sometimes even my computer may crash

I have bought 4500 P today and the game put it's middle finger on my face

1 hour ago, Augulist said:

It's me again

I have upgraded my pc to win 10 64 bits

I have checked the game's data

I have upgraded the driver of my 980TI

And still, the game may crash and sometimes even my computer may crash

I have bought 4500 P today and the game put it's middle finger on my face

Have you tryied to sent a support ticket? Maybe the error logs can help you in some way. Its also your CPU overclocked?

3 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Have you tryied to sent a support ticket? Maybe the error logs can help you in some way. Its also your CPU overclocked?

I will try to send a support ticket again after I re-install the game and my CPU is not overclocked.

On 2019-01-07 at 7:34 PM, Hunnyman said:

Linux support when?

I've been playing on Linux and it works great. DXVK 0.90 and WINE 4.0. You do need FAudio to get it to work right, there is a good guide on GloriousEggroll's gitlab.

• Like 2

GG... Goodbye Warframe  

Cause of Death? Forcing us to buy new computers.. GG indeed it was a great 5 years of playing.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-02-01 at 7:19 AM, Evenoss said:

Directx10 and 11 support

Your computer is good enough to allow 64 bit operating system and allow more usable RAM, but you have 32 bit operating system.

Might have to backup/copy all important date to your other storage, download and install 64 bit operating system. License key for Windows 7 and newer should work for both 32 bit and 64 bit installs, but only work for a specific edition of windows (home premium, professional, ultimate). For pre-build computers for windows 8 and older, license key may be found at the side or bottom of computer. Do not share unique windows license key to anyone on the internet.

On 2019-01-07 at 1:05 PM, Voltage said:

Thank you for the news!

Hopefully my 2013 Macbook Pro will still be able to open the Orbiter and get my login rewards.

I've been hoping that they make a mobile app for managing daily logins, crafting, extractors, etc. Maybe even play Happy Zephyr!

Edited by LegendaryNeurotoxin

1 hour ago, VenomThunder said:

Well many people says : i need leave to warframe because i use win 7 32bit.. DE losing $$

Well, I wouldn't say need to leave. You might be able to perform an upgrade to a 64 bit license or move to Win 10 if you can stomach it and the hardware supports it. There are still options, and while and not all of us agree on the best solution, we do have a lot of players here that would be glad to offer their own insights on upgrade paths, hardware replacements, or other arcane techno-rituals to keep Warframe players active as long as possible.

Windows 7 32 bits is at 1.52% and always dwindling. 
It was already a bad choice to buy a 32 bit OS back when it was launched, and its market share is negligible.
There are means to upgrade to 64 bits version with the same key withouth requiring $$$. 

There are advantages going for a 64 bit OS beyond Warframe compatibility for the user. 

There is no advantage, financial or otherwise, for DE to support a "dying" architecture with negligible market share.

This spec update is actually way overdue, could and should have happened at least a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Windows 7 32 bits is at 1.52% and always dwindling. 
It was already a bad choice to buy a 32 bit OS back when it was launched, and its market share is negligible.
There are means to upgrade to 64 bits version with the same key withouth requiring $$$. 

There are advantages going for a 64 bit OS beyond Warframe compatibility for the user. 

There is no advantage, financial or otherwise, for DE to support a "dying" architecture with negligible market share.

This spec update is actually way overdue, could and should have happened at least a year ago.

Sorta an illogical statement when one considers that the replacement, Windows 10 has even less market-share at .25% adoption of all users. (Including both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of course). There are absolutely advantages for players getting on a 64 bit OS if they can, and perhaps some might find some guides on upgrading their existing 32 bit install or make the switch to Windows 10 if they feel its advantages outweigh the numerous privacy violations and interesting patch bugs that have plagued Win 10 since launch. It might be more appropriate to try to offer advice on trying to continue playing Warframe instead.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HolyScarab said:

I have a Radeon HD 5700, is this good enough or should I panic?

I wouldn't say panic, but I would consider looking at newer cards that might be a good fit, preferably ones with more than 2 GB of video memory. If using an older platform, the nvidia GTX 1050 TI would be a solid card to beat. Just consider how much draw from the motherboard PCI slot the card can drink before considering supplemental GPU power connections, some like the Radeon 400 series drew too much PCI power on older motherboards and could fry the slots.

• Upvote 1