[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

I wouldn't say panic, but I would consider looking at newer cards that might be a good fit, preferably ones with more than 2 GB of video memory. If using an older platform, the nvidia GTX 1050 TI would be a solid card to beat. Just consider how much draw from the motherboard PCI slot the card can drink before considering supplemental GPU power connections, some like the Radeon 400 series drew too much PCI power on older motherboards and could fry the slots.

Thanks for the info! But I can't afford a new one right now, can I play on lowest settings with the 5700 anyway?

1 hour ago, HolyScarab said:

Thanks for the info! But I can't afford a new one right now, can I play on lowest settings with the 5700 anyway?

On a 64 bit OS, it will work for normal play; but it will struggle on the Plains/Vallis or in Relays. That Video RAM will be a killer if the game fully embraces higher textures and lighting which would be the main reason for removing 32 bit support.

4 hours ago, Urlan said:

Sorta an illogical statement when one considers that the replacement, Windows 10 has even less market-share at .25% adoption of all users. (Including both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of course). There are absolutely advantages for players getting on a 64 bit OS if they can, and perhaps some might find some guides on upgrading their existing 32 bit install or make the switch to Windows 10 if they feel its advantages outweigh the numerous privacy violations and interesting patch bugs that have plagued Win 10 since launch. It might be more appropriate to try to offer advice on trying to continue playing Warframe instead.

Your information appears to be outdated.

Windows 10 makes up the majority of the market share with 40.9& of all computers, that translates to 47.4% of all Windows-based computers.

On top of that, the same privacy updates have been already been retroactively applied to Windows 7 and even then, unless someone is fully on top of everything they use, there's FAR more areas that bleed privacy data.

Windows 7 is currently on a steady decline with 37.2% total, and 43.1% from Windows-based.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HolyScarab said:

Should be good enough. Radeon HD 5770/ or 5700 series supports DirectX feature level 11.0.

Limited graphics memory of 1 GB or less will probably have some slowdowns or possibly some problem in Orb Vallis or future free roam missions.

9 hours ago, Sean said:

Windows 10 makes up the majority of the market share with 40.9& of all computers, that translates to 47.4% of all Windows-based computers.

On top of that, the same privacy updates have been already been retroactively applied to Windows 7 and even then, unless someone is fully on top of everything they use, there's FAR more areas that bleed privacy data.

Windows 7 is currently on a steady decline with 37.2% total, and 43.1% from Windows-based.

And out of that 37.2%, the 1.52% I referred before is the tiny slice which comprises the 32 bit version of W7, the rest all being 64 bits. 

That is why I said the 32 bits version should not be supported, because it does not make financial sense. The market is too small to justify the increased complexity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

It was already a bad choice to buy a 32 bit OS back when it was launched, and its market share is negligible.

Actually it wasn't a bad choice to buy windows 7 32bit when it came out in 2009, there was very little support for x64 when windows 7 first came out and you had to be VERY selective in what you used in your build and even the accessories you bought for the pc. 

I know because I went through it all as I was 'an early adopter' of windows 7 x64 due to needing the extra ram (3D design work), making sure everything would work with my pc was a royal pain.  It took a good 2+ years before there was mainstream x64 support. 

Now if you're talking about windows 8 and above then yeah I wouldn't have picked x86 on anything but at windows 7 it was actually a wiser choice to go 32bit if you wanted everything to work.

37 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Actually it wasn't a bad choice to buy windows 7 32bit when it came out in 2009, there was very little support for x64 when windows 7 first came out and you had to be VERY selective in what you used in your build and even the accessories you bought for the pc. 

I know because I went through it all as I was 'an early adopter' of windows 7 x64 due to needing the extra ram (3D design work), making sure everything would work with my pc was a royal pain.  It took a good 2+ years before there was mainstream x64 support. 

Now if you're talking about windows 8 and above then yeah I wouldn't have picked x86 on anything but at windows 7 it was actually a wiser choice to go 32bit if you wanted everything to work.

You are extrapolating a generalization from your personal experience , market share says otherwise. If W7 32 bits was that popular back then, it would still have a significant market. 

Yet, that's just history, and all kind of a moot point to discuss. Currently, W7 32 bits has negligible market share, and it's what matters going forward to have a nimbler game development. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Urlan said:

On a 64 bit OS, it will work for normal play; but it will struggle on the Plains/Vallis or in Relays. That Video RAM will be a killer if the game fully embraces higher textures and lighting which would be the main reason for removing 32 bit support.

Damn... Even on lowest settings?

10 hours ago, sam686 said:

Should be good enough. Radeon HD 5770/ or 5700 series supports DirectX feature level 11.0.

Limited graphics memory of 1 GB or less will probably have some slowdowns or possibly some problem in Orb Vallis or future free roam missions.

Any way I can improve performance? I really can't afford any new hardware right now...

2 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

You are extrapolating a generalization from your personal experience , market share says otherwise. If W7 32 bits was that popular back then, it would still have a significant market. 

Yet, that's just history, and all kind of a moot point to discuss. Currently, W7 32 bits has negligible market share, and it's what matters going forward to have a nimbler game development. 

Not extrapolating anything.. on release it was far better to run windows 7 32bit than it was to run windows 7 64bit, iirc the university I was at at the time was still using a 32bit os for their pc's when I swapped to x64....  Anybody who actually experienced windows 7 x64 after release will tell you the same thing as I did, it was not an 'easy' experience like windows 10 is.   Not to mention not every cpu available was 64bit iirc anyway....

I could have quite easily said that some of my hardware wasn't supported on x64 windows 8 even though it was on windows 7 x64, primarily due to lack of support from the manufacturer.  I've been exclusively using x64 windows for over 10 years and while it has got a lot easier on the hardware front it's not always been the best option no matter how you want to try and present things. 

Popularity of a pc from 10 years ago doesn't necessarily mean high market share 10 years later... the average lifespan of a pc in most countries is far less than 10 years.

Luckily however for windows 7 users who are still using it, if their hardware supports it they 'should' be able to use their windows coa to activate x64 version if they can get an iso/installer etc.

Edited by LSG501

On 2019-01-07 at 3:24 PM, THeMooN85 said:
On 2019-01-07 at 3:17 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

I do hope the same for my XP one

I hope not. You got PC/notebook with system that Microsoft ended supporting in 2014! Why, oh why you still using it?!

The same reason some of us will still be using Windows 7 years after 2020. It works, and Windows 10 is literal spyware. I'd sooner stop gaming altogether(or just stick to the limited Linux options/console) than ever migrate to Windows 10 just on principle.

Edited by Erytroxylin
  • Haha 5

I wonder how many years people are gonna repeat "Windows 10 is a SPY!!!1oneeleven" and how much time others gonna reminds them that they give themselves their data everywhere 😄 

19 hours ago, Sean said:

Actually, yeah, it does seem my source is out of data; from some time last year! That said, a Steam usage chart confirms around the same usage you have there, except shows that WIn 10 usage is actually experiencing an interesting downturn from last month while WIn 7 64 bit went up by a small amount.

As for what was backlogged into Win 7 from Win 10; that is telemetry; which WIn 7 actually can turn off without coming back on (Unlike Windows 10) and that Windows Security Essentials was changed from before - it was originally supposed to be disabled - to try to automatically share detection with MS. Both of these actually listen to the toggles to turn them off though. Windows 10 shares a massive amount of data with MS by default, portions of this MS has admitted to, note with the wording that it not everything. To actually disable most of this, you need to go to an outside website to say you don't want to share some data; disable Cortana and Windows Store; disable the extra telemetry mostly using regedit since the control panel option doesn't actually do anything noticeable; and then either block Azure communication ports in an outside Firewall as disabling it from the registry will usually bork your installation after a bit; and lastly disable Windows 10 update which sorta defeats the purpose of using Windows 10 over a non-updated Windows 7 since if you push update manually it sets you to Update Queue C which is super BETA resulting in stuff like the last October's personal files/User Documents being deleted. This is easily followed by reading tech websites, Linus Tech Tips, The Register, or numerous Security information sources including F-Secure, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware Bytes to name but a few.

Hi, please tell me where to read the information that direct x 9 support will stop in the February update.
The fact is that for some reason the game on my computer configuration has been very unstable for the last few months, there are constant freezes and sounds when entering the
Plains of Eidolon the game is on and the picture freezes ... normally the game only works when you turn off the direct x 10 and 11 games in the launcher. I wouldn’t like to have problems with the stability of the game again due to the stop support of direct x 9.

To anyone struggling with the open world aspects of warframe. My buddy had this exact same problem, and it turns out he was trying to do the open world aspects with 4 gigs of ram. With 4 gigs currently you can run warframe on most areas, although your mission load time and such will be pretty long. I upgraded him with a 8 gig stick, and hes currently up to 12 gigs. No more 32 bit mode (which helps users with small amounts of ram) He can perfectly play vallis, plains of eidolon, etc.

So before any of you give up on warframe, take a look at what you computer is capable of for ram, what its currently running, and you may find something you can do besides a full out upgrade if you cant afford one.

remember ALOT of problems on warframe come from Lack Of ram. You'll have outdated videocards and machines yes, but alot of tenno ive run across can fix alot of their issues (even with 64 bit launcher,) simply by increasing your ram

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CaptainBAMF said:

To anyone struggling with the open world aspects of warframe. My buddy had this exact same problem, and it turns out he was trying to do the open world aspects with 4 gigs of ram. With 4 gigs currently you can run warframe on most areas, although your mission load time and such will be pretty long. I upgraded him with a 8 gig stick, and hes currently up to 12 gigs. No more 32 bit mode (which helps users with small amounts of ram) He can perfectly play vallis, plains of eidolon, etc.

So before any of you give up on warframe, take a look at what you computer is capable of for ram, what its currently running, and you may find something you can do besides a full out upgrade if you cant afford one.

remember ALOT of problems on warframe come from Lack Of ram. You'll have outdated videocards and machines yes, but alot of tenno ive run across can fix alot of their issues (even with 64 bit launcher,) simply by increasing your ram

Glad its working out better for you and your buddy!

6 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Glad its working out better for you and your buddy!

Haha, luckily i havent needed a ram upgrade in quiet a while(32 gigs) However my buddies been running 2 4 gig sticks, one gave out and suddenly he couldnt access fortuna or vallis. I sent him an old 8 gig stick, and hes been up and running with no issues. I hope you issue improves and if you need help pm me!

10 hours ago, Andebo said:

normally the game only works when you turn off the direct x 10 and 11 games in the launcher. I wouldn’t like to have problems with the stability of the game again due to the stop support of direct x 9.

Some users with DX9 have problems as well. Near the launch of Fortuna, Orb Vallis have or had a terrible graphics problem with DX9. DX10/DX11 was fine. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1028271-black-nothingness-glitch-in-orb-vallis/

What graphics you using? If this is an old intel graphics, and this is a desktop computer that allows PCI-E cards, upgrade it with a better, PCI-E graphics card like NVidia GTX 1050 4GB or AMD RX 550 4GB, or better.

22 hours ago, sam686 said:

What graphics you using?

My PC configuration:

QuadCore Intel Core i5-3570K, 3800 MHz
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
4x2 DDR3 Hunix 8147 mb
GeForce GTX 770 (4 gb) *** comparison 770 vs 1050ti
Audio Creative Audigy RX
The game works on ssd/ samsung 850 evo

On DX9, everything works fine, slows down a bit, but there are does not crash. When i turn on the DX 10/11, almost immediately the picture of the game stops, the sound of the game is there, the game does not crash. In other games there are no such problems. The system is stable

4 hours ago, Andebo said:

QuadCore Intel Core i5-3570K, 3800 MHz
4x2 DDR3 Hunix 8147 mb

Not 8192 MB? Is integrated graphics enabled? That will take away a small amount of memory for use with intel integrated graphics.

After trying to run with DX10/Dx11 enabled, go to folder C:\Users\____\AppData\Warframe  and open EE.log with notepad. Does it show something similar to mine using NVidia or AMD? "Using D3D adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030" or AMD RX 550, both are slower then yours, but it works.

If it is using intel, especially outdated intel graphics, that will be a problem. With at least one monitor plugged into graphics card, go to windows display settings and make sure NVidia is set to primary. If only have one monitor, go to motherboard settings to set PCI-E as primary.

Otherwise, it might be a possible hardware fail or unstable overclock. https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail

Russian here. 

My PC is as follows: GTX 295 (2009), 4 GHz Core 2 Quad and 4 gigs of RAM. Win10 x64.

Well, I can play my favorite game just fine. I experience lags in Survival sometimes, and the framerate is generally somewhere around 50 FPS. Of course, all the graphics settings are on minimum.

Crappy picture aside, the part that annoys me the most is Cetus and Fortuna. When they are crowded, I receive not only lags, but freezes, and until every tenno is loaded, the thing is unplayable, being a slideshow. 

Also, I have never been to Orb Vallis bounties before as I thought I was unable to run them - I was right. I experienced four minutes of load time in the elevator - and the party was on the third bounty stage already.

I will upgrade, but it will be costly. I planned out my future specs, and decided to go with AMD hardware, since I don’t need a green aircraft carrier for gaming which will double the cost. And while my CPU was the most expensive part of my 2009 PC, being 4 GHz, it is being outperformed by even an i5-tier CPUs.

The machine I’ll be building costs three whole monthly salaries in my country. If I save on everything, I’ll get a new rig which I won’t need to update anytime soon in half a year. No Orbs for me, it seems. 

I can understand people with hardware older than mine. You never know how harsh a person’s financial situation might be. With an average annual US salary of $30K, purchasing a new rig is OK, I think. For others, not so much. For me, it’s a major investment. And I need to get a new PC before oil prices drop again, because, well, banana republic economy. 

I will not settle with a mediocre PC just to run Warframe on constant 60 FPS - I would rather invest in a powerful rig to enjoy the game’s visuals at 144 FPS. Getting a new monitor, too, to be able to see such performance.

Guys, you may be able to continue enjoying Warframe. Just get hardware from 2012 or so. It’s hard to come by, but you’ll find it eventually.

The technology moves forward, and my old can of silicon, while being the top rig of 2009, is slower than laptops in this day and age. If DE wants to discontinue old standards, let them do so. With outdated things out of the way, they will be able to focus on other issues and fix them. Also, hosting a game with a bucket like this is a nigtmare for your teammates, so DE’s decision is for the best.  

I really hope my 2009 hp pavilion will be able to at least get to the login screen so I can get the daily tribute. At least until I get a new computer.

Edited by crashNburn131

I myself have a pretty low end PC.

I try to stay away from being the host of anything or just play solo at all costs because I know I am a terrible one.

I just think this hosting problem couldve been fixed in some other way but idk they're the pro devs and I am not.

I will gladly still be able to play tho. 😄

On 2/10/2019 at 6:52 AM, sam686 said:

fter trying to run with DX10/Dx11 enabled, go to folder C:\Users\____\AppData\Warframe  and open EE.log with notepad.

Thank! finally something became clearer!
What do these explanations mean, do not know?

95.899 Gfx [Warning]: D3DAssert: Dx11GpuStats::CreateQuery(D3D11_QUERY_TIMESTAMP_DISJOINT) returned 0x887A0005 (The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.)
95.908 Gfx [Warning]: D3DAssert: Dx11Shader::CreatePixelShader(/EE/Shaders/MetalFill/7014003_p.hlsl) returned 0x887A0005 (The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.)
95.908 Gfx [Warning]: Missing pixel shader for /Lotus/Objects/Tenno/Props/EelFish /EE/Shaders/MetalFill/7014003_p.hlsl SMOOTH_TESSELLATION_EXPENSIVE NORMAL_MAP AMBIENT_SPEC SPECULAR_GLOSS_GREEN_MAP OPACITY _PIXEL _VT_BASIC _LIGHT_MAP_EX _DIRECTIONAL_LIGHT
95.915 Gfx [Warning]: D3DAssert: Dx11GpuStats::CreateQuery(D3D11_QUERY_TIMESTAMP) returned 0x887A0005 (The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.)
95.915 Gfx [Warning]: D3DAssert: Dx11GpuStats::CreateQuery(D3D11_QUERY_TIMESTAMP_DISJOINT) returned 0x887A0005 (The GPU device instance has been suspended.

Sorry for offtop)

17 minutes ago, Andebo said:

What do these explanations mean, do not know?

Searched the internet https://www.google.com/search?q=0x887A0005+The+GPU+device+instance+has+been+suspended.

Check windows event log. Does event log Show any errors about graphics stopped responding and recovered? If yes, there is something wrong with graphics card.

The internet search shows the problem is not limited to just Warframe, it might happen from unstable overclock or too old of NVidia software drivers. Or the graphics card might just be failing. Try NVidia software driver update from nvidia.com. Might be possible to try to use NVidia overclock software to slightly reduce clock speeds to see if that changes anything.