[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

Well I guess I won't be able to play warframe anymore...Yep Direct X make loading screens crash my game so I won't play anymore. Sad because I've been playing this game for years and yt I'm already playing with low settings and windows mode (600x800 or something like that). But will it be okay if I don't play on eidolon's plains and fortuna ? I don't play them so it normally would be okay for my potato pc,right ?

Edited by Similistorm
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Similistorm said:

Well I guess I won't be able to play warframe anymore...Yep Direct X make loading screens crash my game so I won't play anymore. Sad because I've been playing this game for years. But will it be okay if I don't play on eidolon's plains and fortuna ? I don't play them so it normally would be okay for my potato pc,right ?

Mind sharing your hardware specs? Gpu model and brand, cpu model and ram memory ammount?

With that info its possible to try and help you fixing your loading problems with dx11

Sure thing,I couldn't afford a strong pc so I got a :

-Lenovo E330 Windows 7 pro Thinkpad (laptop)

-Intel Core i5-3230M CPU 2.60GHz with 8192MB RAM

-It's written DirectX 11 but it causes trouble ingame so I let DX9. (and I tried 10 it does the same problem,loading screen crashes and I can't play with other players)

-Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

Do you need more informations ?

Edited by Similistorm

32 minutes ago, Similistorm said:

-It's written DirectX 11 but it causes trouble ingame so I let DX9. (and I tried 10 it does the same problem,loading screen crashes and I can't play with other players)

Sadly, that integrated Intel gpu chipset can't handle the game going forward. If you have a budget we could recommend parts or prebuilts that might serve your purposes.

à l’instant, Urlan a dit :

Sadly, that integrated Intel gpu chipset can't handle the game going forward. If you have a budget we could recommend parts or prebuilts that might serve your purposes.

Well I guess I'll enjoy the game until the update then play alone after the update. Thanks for trying to help.

37 minutes ago, Similistorm said:

Well I guess I'll enjoy the game until the update then play alone after the update. Thanks for trying to help.

Sorry about that, if there is a change ask the players in this thread; no matter our personal opinions on OS choices, we are here to help.

1 hour ago, Similistorm said:

Seems to be an integrated gpu limitation. Still you should be able to load the game, not having vrashes and the likes.

My guest pc uses an integrated gpu to play and it runs dx11 perfectly, even at minimum settings.

Some of these hardware sob stories just don't add up. Been in the IT business since the 90's and I've heard it all before. It almost never checks out. Number one rule is don't assume the customer knows anything. ANYTHING. Not even how to plug in a mouse and keyboard because I kid you not, I had a guy call up freaking out once that his new computer didn't work and when we show up, he literally had taken the monitor, tower, keyboard and mouse out of the box, set them on the table and hid the cables behind the desk. That's it. I've installed windows 10 on on business class desktops from the year 2k. It will run on tablets. Laptops. Even freaking refrigerators can run windows 10.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/2/12767932/lg-instaview-fridge-windows-10-ifa-2016

Almost anything can run windows 10. This "I can't run windows 10" collection of stories should be, in my experience translated to "I don't want to learn how to do anything and I'm too afraid to spend the time to learn." The idea of installing a new operating system or graphics card is intimidating and if you REALLY are that poor, yet somehow have access to internet and electricity, you should be spending your time collecting cans or fishing for your dinner instead of playing warframe on your magically free electricity and internet. If you're a kid and you can't afford another laptop, do what my kids did and go find ways to earn money as opposed to playing warframe. All my kids have top tier gaming machines and this guy hasn't contributed cent one to them, so they appreciate them as much as you would expect.

And if you think you can't afford it, guys, I buy windows 10 keys 5 or 10 a week for 2.50 cents from ebay. Yeah, occasionally a key has a hiccup, but if you can't come up with 2.50 cents for a copy, or you can't figure out how to upgrade from windows 7 for free, there is absolutely no way you can even be on the internet. Here's a 2$ listing for windows 10 key if you can't afford to perform a google search either:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROSOFT-WINDOWS-10-PRO-32-64-BIT-PRODUCT-LICENSE-KEY-DOWNLOAD-LINK-free-W10/183586588476?hash=item2abe9d073c:g:NfgAAOSw6jJcFIGs

Edited by M3tallius
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

hace 9 horas, Similistorm dijo:

Claro, no podía permitirme una computadora fuerte, así que obtuve una :

-Intel Core i5-3230M CPU 2.60GHz con 8192MB de RAM

-Está escrito DirectX 11 pero causa problemas en el juego, así que lo dejo DX9. (Y lo intenté con 10, hace el mismo problema, al cargar la pantalla se bloquea y no puedo jugar con otros jugadores)

¿Necesita más información?

that cpu carries an "Intel HD 4000", I also have it and it works much better in Directx 11 than in Directx 9

hace 9 horas, Urlan dijo:

Lamentablemente, ese chipset Intel gpu integrado no puede manejar el juego en el futuro. Si tiene un presupuesto, podríamos recomendar piezas o prebuilts que puedan servir a sus propósitos.

I play in Fortuna with that IGPU without problems

2 hours ago, Jose72 said:

that cpu carries an "Intel HD 4000", I also have it and it works much better in Directx 11 than in Directx 9

I play in Fortuna with that IGPU without problems

I would love to know how you get around the buffer overflow issues, but honestly I think that would be its own thread. Either way, when the minimum requirements change, its doubtful your IGPU will give you a playable experience in the game. I would strongly recommend upgrading to a dedicated GPU or even an AMD 2400 G APU if a platform upgrade and replacement is required.

Personally been running the game on Linux with a Lutris install. Runs perfect w/o a hitch but would LOVE a native Linux build soon!

1 hour ago, jSON_BB said:

Personally been running the game on Linux with a Lutris install. Runs perfect w/o a hitch but would LOVE a native Linux build soon!

Impressive, I have heard that it can have problems in Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon, are you experiencing any of that?

23 hours ago, Urlan said:

Impressive, I have heard that it can have problems in Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon, are you experiencing any of that?

Don't quite think I'm that far into the story just yet. Only slow down I ever get is with a lot of ground vegetation. Other than that it's smooth sailing with ~180fps all day

4 hours ago, jSON_BB said:

Don't quite think I'm that far into the story just yet. Only slow down I ever get is with a lot of ground vegetation. Other than that it's smooth sailing with ~180fps all day

Very glad to hear that, hope it continues to work out.

On 2019-02-13 at 8:15 AM, jSON_BB said:

Usually it's not practical to do:

• Like 1

Will I have to upgrade, I have a laptop with

i3 3110M 2,4 Ghz

6 GB RAM

AMD RADEON 7670M 1GB (i think) DX11

It runs everything nicely on medium, with like 30 fps avg. Running on Windows 10 x64.

Pls, I can't upgrade till spring at best. .. I am junkie for this game. Gotta be there for the new war and I'm farming chroma prime which I want for months now.

13 minutes ago, -bAX.- said:

Warframe lose 20-25% players 😕

If that would be the case, DE wont be preparing to do this move. Clearly its not the case. DE its not a dumb company, at least on the financial and bussiness apartment.

23 minutes ago, -bAX.- said:

Warframe lose 20-25% players 😕

Doesn't mean they'll be losing 20-25% of paying players.... at the end of the day DE is a business and their main goal is to make money (as much as we'd like to think otherwise), this change will ultimately be a positive move for the game because DE can basically make it look prettier due to newer tech/hardware etc (although I'd still like them to get on with fixing the bugs etc first...) and as such may encourage new players to try it out instead of anthem etc and then pay money to DE. 

Well not sure why people have issues....or cant upgrade....I am using a computer older so far then many of the low end machines listed.  Yep an Intel Core i3.

I run windows 10 on it now....and have a 64 bit system running.  I have a GTX 980 could have probably used my old GTX480 and still have no issues.

don't know why everyone uses the low end 70 or lower model graphic card.  Those use a lot of ram and are slow as tar.

My ram is 16 gigs as my motherboard is at its maximum unfortunately.

Do I have lower then 60fps...maybe...its not much lower, cant really tell, too busy playing then just sitting there staring at some refresh numbers.

Il y a 5 heures, PsychicKitty a dit :

Well not sure why people have issues....or cant upgrade....I am using a computer older so far then many of the low end machines listed.  Yep an Intel Core i3.

I run windows 10 on it now....and have a 64 bit system running.  I have a GTX 980 could have probably used my old GTX480 and still have no issues.

don't know why everyone uses the low end 70 or lower model graphic card.  Those use a lot of ram and are slow as tar.

Do I have lower then 60fps...maybe...its not much lower, cant really tell, too busy playing then just sitting there staring at some refresh numbers.

Because not everyone is an expert when it comes to build or upgrade a computer. Also there is the problem about money,I'll give my case as an example : I live in France with a normal pay (1500€ =1600$) It looks like I've got lots of money but consider taxes which are ultra high in France which make you lose 500€.And all rents to pay (electricity,gas,water,etc) you end up with 500~300€ to live,consider that you'll buy supply,you end up with almost 100€ to buy a computer,and you HAVE to spend those 100€ because banks will find a way to take your money (because French banks are the worse when it comes to steal) so you can't save money. It's just an example but lots of people have to live that kind of situation,Wether it is in France,US or even UK.That's why people can't upgrade or get better computers (considering the price of 1 computer or even parts of it).

7 hours ago, PsychicKitty said:

The GTX 480 would be among the series being dropped by official Nvidia driver support, In this case, which I3 are you using? The 980 is relatively new compared to most of the hardware here, and 16 GB of RAM is a respectable amount if its DDR3 or DDR4. Most of the users that are having issues are using hardware platforms that do not have access to the top of the line graphics card from a while back, while also not having relatively high end amounts of system RAM for those platforms. For you, you would be fine as long as that Intel Core I3 is not a first series one, as that would be a bottleneck slightly for that GTX 980. Availability of Win 10 64 licenses is not that bad, legit or stolen/questionably legal like from grey market sites; hek; you could even just use them for a while unregistered if you don't mind Microsoft's passive aggressive (for now) watermarks and messages. For many players here though, that do have issues, upgrading their OS would not be sufficient to allow them to be able to continue playing or at least would be a significant purchase for a platform that they would potentially have to upgrade away much of it to continue to play with that OS still; this is of course not even considering the sizeable privacy risks inherent with WIn 10 usage.

That said, many of the players here would be capable of giving advice no matter their take on whether privacy concerns are an issue or not for them and if not the best intentions, this advice can be a resource. We can't help on funds though; but can help on upgrade ideas and parts research and compatibility

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Floyderama said:

Will I have to upgrade, I have a laptop with

i3 3110M 2,4 Ghz

6 GB RAM

AMD RADEON 7670M 1GB (i think) DX11

It runs everything nicely on medium, with like 30 fps avg. Running on Windows 10 x64.

Pls, I can't upgrade till spring at best. .. I am junkie for this game. Gotta be there for the new war and I'm farming chroma prime which I want for months now.

You better read the topic 1st.

It clearly states that your rig will be able to run it.

It's not specs wise that things will change (other than ram), it's other things at hand.

• Like 1