[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

On 2019-02-16 at 5:53 PM, LSG501 said:

Doesn't mean they'll be losing 20-25% of paying players.... at the end of the day DE is a business and their main goal is to make money (as much as we'd like to think otherwise), this change will ultimately be a positive move for the game because DE can basically make it look prettier due to newer tech/hardware etc (although I'd still like them to get on with fixing the bugs etc first...) and as such may encourage new players to try it out instead of anthem etc and then pay money to DE. 

More than that, supporting old hardware costs development time and therefore money, because they have to pay developers for their time.

DE has obviously already done the math and made the hard decision to cut support of 10+ year old hardware because the cost of supporting it was far outweighing the benefit of retaining players stuck with that hardware. They didn't just wake up one morning and go "lol let's cut DX9 support to make things easier, who cares if anyone is still using it". They knew some players would be left out. That's why they gave over 6 months of advance warning.

I'd bet it isn't anywhere remotely close to 20% of the players though. Probably more like the example of Linux support for Planetary Annihilation above...  less than 1% of the playerbase with ancient hardware taking way more than 1% of developer time to continue supporting

Edited by MrShooter

Can someone tell me if my PC has the correct specs please (noob pc player here)

Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
PERFORMANCE
Processor - Intel® Core™ i7+ 8700 Processor
- Hexa-core
- 3.2 GHz / 4.6 GHz
- 12 MB cache
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
- 32 GB maximum installable RAM
Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- 6 GB GDDR5
Storage - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)
- 128 GB SSD
Intel Optane 16 GB

14 minutes ago, TwistedLogic81 said:

Can someone tell me if my PC has the correct specs please (noob pc player here)

Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
PERFORMANCE
Processor - Intel® Core™ i7+ 8700 Processor
- Hexa-core
- 3.2 GHz / 4.6 GHz
- 12 MB cache
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
- 32 GB maximum installable RAM
Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- 6 GB GDDR5
Storage - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)
- 128 GB SSD
Intel Optane 16 GB

Absolutly, you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Potato gamer here . . Im a player that does not host any games because of my pc . . Sad to see that the community does not want our Kind . . So much for being a supportive community 

49 minutes ago, voyagerr21 said:

Potato gamer here . . Im a player that does not host any games because of my pc . . Sad to see that the community does not want our Kind . . So much for being a supportive community 

Why do you state we don’t want your kind?

1 hour ago, voyagerr21 said:

Sad to see that the community does not want our Kind

That's kind of selfish to expect an online game (which you claim to want to succeed by wanting them producing new content) to hold them self back just so they can keep specs that your toaster can handle. 

17 hours ago, voyagerr21 said:

Potato gamer here . . Im a player that does not host any games because of my pc

It helps to show us your current hardware parts like CPU, graphics, RAM.

If very low on budget, get a refurbished or used desktop tower computer, and use your existing, old desktop monitor, keyboard, and mouse if possible. These specs are mostly what I recommend when looking for cheap computers. It might work on something older but might be slower.

Windows 7 or higher.
8 GB RAM or more, more RAM will help speed up repeated loads from slow HDD.
4 CPU threads or more, Task manager Performance tab will show threads (right click, change graph if needed). 2 threads might work for Warframe, but some other games need more.

intel (faster): i3/i5/i7 2000 or higher, with Nvidia/AMD Direct X 11 or 12 graphics because old intel graphics too slow.

AMD: A8, A10, or A12, 7000 or higher APU (cheaper), or Ryzen G with Vega. integrated graphics should work. A6 A4 is slower but should work, less then 7000 APU have old graphics but it might work. Older AMD FX might work with a newer graphics card. List of APU: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_unit_microprocessors

AMD Graphica card: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units , preferably get a GCN card, or maybe NVidia 740 or better, with 4 GB of video RAM, although 2 GB may work in most parts of game.

Edited by sam686
added link
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-17 at 6:15 PM, KIREEK said:

You better read the topic 1st.

It clearly states that your rig will be able to run it.

It's not specs wise that things will change (other than ram), it's other things at hand.

Sorry man, I read some bits and I panicked. WF is one the most precious things in my life. Literally made me take a double dose of my anxiety meds 😞❤️ I love this game so much.

Its funny how many people who use potatoes to play games in 2019 but alot of them are probably the same people that keep ranting about how the game looks the same and is boring and there is nothing new about it. It's 2019 folks, the world doesn't revolve around you so don't expect technology to stop moving forward just because you refuse or are unable to upgrade your device. If you really want, save up and get a better pc instead of complaining about something that is inevitable..just a suggestion

selfish leg-shooting
On most freq/ using computer I have all need min req(64bxCPU. 4G. video 1G ) . but 32b win10pro OS - just because legal restriction.

I have access to other normal 64x Comp only once twice a week... most of my warframe-"life" was on 32b comp.

For same time ago I cannot join Earth & Venera Plains missions - all other be OK. I dnt care bout that

why don't let me log in to orbiter for crafting & other non-missions activities?

Or why not to let me going to dodze / Maru bazaar market for sold out all sh!t to people (whose buying plat from DE)?

why not to remain access (like a Android-Nexus) for people like me - only to orbiter & dodze?

Now I have no choice - kicked out on start

good buy & thx for fish

Edited by PalRus
i dnt understnd franch UI

They did it. They took away my warframe. Time to change the game, to one that maybe last a few more time or few more or even infinite to do not change specs... but the community, wonder if do. :cry: This is it, bye warframe, maybe forever and anyway for a long long time till i be able to update my hardware... :cry:

selfish leg-shooting
On most freq/ using computer I have all need min req(64bxCPU. 4G. video 1G ) . but 32b win10pro OS - just because legal restriction.

I have access to other normal 64x Comp only once twice a week... most of my warframe-"life" was on 32b comp.

For same time ago I cannot join Earth & Venera Plains missions - all other be OK. I dnt care bout that

why don't let me log in to orbiter for crafting & other non-missions activities?

Or why not to let me going to dodze / Maru bazaar market for sold out all sh!t to people (whose buying plat from DE)?

why not to remain access (like a Android-Nexus) for people like me - only to orbiter & dodze?

Now I have no choice - kicked out on start

good buy warfarm & thx for fish

интерфейс на французском это пять - я так не нашёл где это переключить, но что взять с канадцев

ДЕ стреляют себе в ногу, отрезая часть коммьюнити - даже такую малую как  я

В основном гоняю алерты и прочие дежурные миссии, барыжу нафармленым между дежурствами  на компе который полностью вписывается в минималки ( и чуть выше )  за исключением 32хОС вин10про (нужно по работе именно 32б)

До нормального добираюсь раз-два в неделю - прохожу лор и квесты ( если выкраиваю время и силы), т.к. на 32 меня кикают на входе. вынужден попрощаться с миром вар фарма

почему ДЕ не оставить доступ до орбитера и додзе аналогично телефонному нексусу?

и им же выгодно чтоб было больше торговцев на рынке Мару и т.п. - у них же больше платины покупать будут 

ладно на этом вынужден откланяться и спасибо за рыбу

1 hour ago, PalRus said:

What legal restriction? Just backup/copy your important files to USB/External storage, and install 64 bit of the same edition (home, pro). For the most part, license key should work for both 32 bit and 64 bit, with the same edition of windows. The only limits of 64 bit is it can't run very old 16 bit programs. unless virtualization or emulation is used.

Search have more information on how to switch to 64 bit: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+32+bit+to+64+bit

• Like 1

Wow,playing the game during 4 years for that,well since I can't play anymore,gotta remove that game from my computer. Good bye DE,you know how to ruin efforts.

• Upvote 1

Ну всё СВЕРШИЛИСЬ ((( Всё меня в игру не пускают   😢 😢 😢

Edited by KRASNBARS