[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

59 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

1 american dolar = 38 argentinian peso.

Thats a really terrible economic state.

A 1060gtx its worth 90% of the average monthly salary and that its if you dont have any single extra money consumption (and guess what? You need to dump half it on traveling to and from work).

Same situation here, except I live in the Philippines,

Its literally 1 dollar equivalents to 52 PHP peso, so a gtx1070 costs around 26k php( I think) then add a decent processor and 4gb ram, which literally costs an arm and a leg in this country.

So I guess, No WF for me now 😞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I just hope they still keep that optional in launcher, so its own risk to use or not. So far the ''new minimum'' simply means game is slower, and again the quill crash would happen every time i try to visit. Only way to fix was dump 64 bit checkmark, and untick dx 10, for smoother game play...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Then at February I'll be sitting at the edge of the very bare minimum supported specs...

Edited by Duduminador
  • Like 1

Just want to note that, even though I have a 64 bit computer and can technically run the game in 64-bit mode, my frame rate dramatically improves in 32-bit, especially on Cetus, Earth, and Relays, without any other noticeable hit in performance. It would be much appreciated if, if possible, we could keep a legacy-mode 32-bit version until some of the performance kinks have been worked out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please except for DirectX9 please T 3 T .. it only thing that allow my current laptop playable in warframe (without entering plains of eidolon and fortuna).. everything is fine but without DirectX9 it will make my game slow loading (where the orbiter loading) please be kind with low end pc :sadcry: //respected DE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does this mean eventually Windows 7 support will be obsolete for Warframe as well?  

If this means absolutely no more option of playing in settings with DirectX9 or 32-bit, then oh well, no more Fortuna or Plains of Eidolon for my potato laptop!  Or maybe not that, more like just both lagging a ton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heavychameleon said:

Does this mean eventually Windows 7 support will be obsolete for Warframe as well?  

If this means absolutely no more option of playing in settings with DirectX9 or 32-bit, then oh well, no more Fortuna or Plains of Eidolon for my potato laptop!  Or maybe not that, more like just both lagging a ton. 

DX11 its way softer on the CPU side of things and can be optimized a lot, considering DE story of heavy engine optimizations I expect that to happen once DX9 support gets ditched

6 hours ago, KittySkin said:

DX11 its way softer on the CPU side of things and can be optimized a lot, considering DE story of heavy engine optimizations I expect that to happen once DX9 support gets ditched

Actually there were people having problems with DX10/11 when matchmaking in 2015 already. When dx9 gets ditched there is no more multiplayer for them even with a 64-Bit OS. I think DE should have fixed this issue before ditching DX9.

So even though DX11 in general might go a little easier on the CPU, it certainly does not in Warframe. On my system the DX10/11 options double ram usage and loading times, cause the matchmaking error and as well lower the fps by approximately 30% in solo.

Edited by pjh64

2 hours ago, pjh64 said:

Actually there were people having problems with DX10/11 when matchmaking in 2015 already. When dx9 gets ditched there is no more multiplayer for them even with a 64-Bit OS. I think DE should have fixed this issue before ditching DX9.

So even though DX11 in general might go a little easier on the CPU, it certainly does not in Warframe. On my system the DX10/11 options double ram usage and loading times, cause the matchmaking error and as well lower the fps by approximately 30% in solo.

increased loading time its a regular thing on DX11 because it preloads way more data in order to do less read orders on the CPU side and thats why its less CPU intensive, because it place the burden on the memory (a thing that isnt normally restricted at all, specially on a game like this). Matchmaking needs to be fixed at all levels, thats for sure though

En 10/1/2019 a las 12:56, KittySkin dijo:

1 american dolar = 38 argentinian peso.

Thats a really terrible economic state.

A 1060gtx its worth 90% of the average monthly salary and that its if you dont have any single extra money consumption (and guess what? You need to dump half it on traveling to and from work).

1060gtx = 16-17 k(and that for the 6 gb version ... the 3gb version is a lot cheaper)  $ .... average monthly salary =24k $ (any decent pay 35-40k).... and people that earn that salary is most likely because are as bad in mathematics as you ( 17k is far from being 90% of 24k ) xD .

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

1060gtx = 16-17 k(and that for the 6 gb version ... the 3gb version is a lot cheaper)  $ .... average monthly salary =24k $ (any decent pay 35-40k).... and people that earn that salary is most likely because are as bad in mathematics as you ( 17k is far from being 90% of 24k ) xD .

Do you really live on argentina? Most work its on the "black sode" of the laboral market and dont even pay the 24k floor.

hace 7 minutos, KittySkin dijo:

Do you really live on argentina? Most work its on the "black sode" of the laboral market and dont even pay the 24k floor.

Yes ... and if you are going to use numbers maybe use some sort of source , not just what you "think" .

https://www.cronista.com/economiapolitica/Ranking-en-que-provincias-de-la-Argentina-se-gana-mas-y-en-cuales-menos-20180205-0072.html

https://www.infobae.com/economia/2018/11/29/el-salario-medio-de-la-economia-perdio-96-de-su-capacidad-de-compra-en-un-ano/

Bue ... cambio a español si sos de aca xD . Los numeros son esos ... ahora si para vos un sueldo promedio es el de una persona sin estudios laburando en una heladeria ...

On 2019-01-10 at 2:31 PM, VerumVenari said:

Just want to note that, even though I have a 64 bit computer and can technically run the game in 64-bit mode, my frame rate dramatically improves in 32-bit, especially on Cetus, Earth, and Relays, without any other noticeable hit in performance. It would be much appreciated if, if possible, we could keep a legacy-mode 32-bit version until some of the performance kinks have been worked out.

same here, really need the 32-bit client to stick around

• Haha 1

Hmm this is pretty sad if they remove support for DX9 because that's been saving me for quite a while now since im above the min requirements to play the game but when i play with DX10-11 checked in some random moments on a mission or whatever, my screen freezes and i cant play so i have to alt-f4. the sound is there everything normal i can cast skills, shoot my gun but all i see is a screenshot of what i was playing before that. unchecking both DX10-11 from the launcher fixes that "permanently". i've seen post about this problem on steam and even here in the forums so i'm not the only one. And they will now remove it because.. why not.

• Haha 1

On 2019-01-07 at 9:24 PM, THeMooN85 said:

I hope not. You got PC/notebook with system that Microsoft ended supporting in 2014! Why, oh why you still using it?!

Because it still works? Because it's actually better in some ways than its successor? (2 examples: the control panel and "find files or folders" are VASTLY superior in WinXP than they are in Win7).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

so i wont be abole to use dx9.i have a bad pc with a hd4400 for gpu.i get 60fps cap useing dx9.the frame rate drops down to 27 wile useing dx11.unplayabole 

• Haha 1

On 2019-01-07 at 10:29 PM, TTSkyHammer said:

i have AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 and AMD Radeon HD 5670 and after change of system requirerments will work?

I couldn't play on amd radeon HD 7850 half a year ago, and i5 3470 processor. I am impressed by how you still do it?

• Haha 1

On 2019-01-10 at 8:47 AM, Kakatilenche said:

I use the 32bit client instead of the 64bit, because with 32bit I get 60-40fps and with the 64bit i get 30-15fps.

Please don't force me to use the 64bit client.

Yes. I have the same. I started Warframe Closed Beta on  my old laptop. Current one is now old too but it is still very good for work and I am not going to buy newer one.

Only this Warframe 😞

With 32bit  version it is still playable, 64 bit is much, much slower... like slideshow rather.

I've never seen 64 bits color and never heard 64 bits sound, so for me it is vaste of resources, time and energy. Not so "green" aproach.

DE said that this is the progress. OK. Not usable for me but 64 bit. 

@DE: "64-Bit mode will increase performance, quality and stability."

In DE dreams only.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Well I see where this is a great thing don't get me wrong, but long time warframe players who don't have the capatable pcs and don't have the money to become capatable will lose a lot of time and those who are starting out without direct 10 will never be able to actually play unless they get it or have a console but they wont be on the current update and will be behind a lot of other people.

• Haha 1

Because of this update i cant even play the game anymore, Let alone fixing the "Update Failed'

• Haha 1

Well i have 8 gb ram memory and win 7 64 bits.. but pls.... NOT force people use Win 10 because crashs and incompatibility

People when take windows 10 for FREE, recover for win 7 ... :laugh:

Edited by VenomThunder
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VenomThunder said:

Well i have 8 gb ram memory and win 7 64 bits.. but pls.... NOT force people use Win 10 because crashs and incompatibility

People when take windows 10 for FREE, recover for win 7 ... :laugh:

Well fun thing is that, you can always run game in compability mode :D.

For me although i got 64 bit win 10 pro. Game itself runs ok.

But to enjoy all features in game, and have decent loading times, not because of slow i-net, and avoid quill crash constantly.

I have to use compability mod - win 7/8, and in launcher uncheck 64-bit, and dx10. And game runs nice, loads nice, and lag occasionaly appear, in certain maps(looks at earth).

With 64 bit checked in launcher, game loads faster, but it be always crashing at Quils and/or leave/enter PoE to cetus.

So if they by feburary make that the'' stable system'' requirments actualy makes game stable, rather than crashframe , it may not be as bad. 

Edited by AntifreezeUnder0
fixing text

>Changing spec to a nice option

>economical issues evrywhere

>a student here that can't even buy 4 gigs without 2 and a half month being starved

>Tech items are #*!%ing overpriced right here

mfw

• Applause 1

... Then fix the crashes...On most of the pc's its always crashing when i turn on 64bit and all dx .... just freezing at the frame and i can keep hear sounds in game (walking shooting t.t) Fix the issue please :DD 

Edited by Phenomenalas
  • Upvote 2