[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes in February!

Combing prices, the most cost effective path forward for those needing to upgrade, as long as Windows 10 and its gremlins is not an issue; might be considering the AMD Ryzen APU based systems. They will not get the best performance but can run Cetus and Fortuna Plains areas with pretty decent framerates overall. Later, if prices on the dedicated GPU lower, you will still have a decent upgrade path available. Now, this does require considering that the APU offerings right now, the R3 2200G and R5 2400G offer limited PCI lanes (around 8 I believe) so NVME drives would be a no-go but that still leaves traditional SATA HDD and SSD as well as SATA controller M dot 2 chips. The upcoming AMD refreshes might help lower some of the equipment prices even more or have a better overall offering for this segment of users. I am thinking RAM prices are going to be the biggest consideration in some ways outside of the GPU for that, considering the sharing between system and APU memory. Might be worth trying out if Dedicated GPU are not cost effective options at this time.

So cruel and doesn't right to took away the game from me and other users, who can't upgrade their hardware for now and not soon, maybe do that. Whyyyy :sadcry: whyy should i lost this game... yes it is pissing off sometime, but i spended a lot of my time and soul on it and even some money and now just losing this part of my life... :sadcry:  

You taking away entire part of my life DE!!!! with your Increasing system requirements... you betraying and abandon me... you put knife in my heart and my back :sadcry: 

You evil!!!! :sadcry: :sadcry: :sadcry: :sadcry: 

If i do suicide, that'll be your fault! Ok, maybe that going too far, but everything above is sereosly true, you've turned away frome me... 

:angry: :sadcry: :sadcry: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Urlan said:

Some yes. If you disable it on Win 10, you know that Win 10 re-enables it next time it has to run an automatic update.  Note that using the supplied Microsoft option, to turn off Telemetry does not actually do so - something that in normal situations would be fine worthy. For the comparison to phones, its mostly how much data and privacy is taken in standard situations.

The thing is that you can force them and manually patch windoes if you want, to be honest its what I do when I am feeling that my pc its acting "abnormally". Manual patch and disabling automatic tasks that I dont want like services designed for telemetry.

My notebook can run DX12 games but when I run Warframe on any of them, connections problems prevents me to join hosts. I can play and I can host (mostly) but I simply can't join parties. Sometimes I can't host other players. To the best of my knowledge Direct X has nothing to do with connection but it works just fine when DX9 is activated.

Is anyone having that? What would be the solution?

5 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

that being said, it's not DE that forces you to win10, it's microsoft in the end that does so - and since most people seems to be unable to use any other (and mostly better) operating system, that's what they deserve. yes, even though i like win10 better then its predecessors, i would rather use linux only - even for games like warframe... but that's not likely to happen anytime soon, so i rather pick the best one from the 'bad apples' instead one with more worm than fruit in it...

I am currently running linux and am able to play warframe from steam almost hassle free. There are a few issues, like the sound not working correctly, but other than that it works fine. Currently I'm playing in 1080p and getting 100+ fps on a amd rx 580 with almost maxed settings in the more demanding areas of fortuna.

So if anyone is considering switching operating system, know that it is possible to switch to linux and play warframe from there, given that your GPU supports vulkan.

1 hour ago, ---Queen-of-Blades--- said:

To the best of my knowledge Direct X has nothing to do with connection but it works just fine when DX9 is activated.

Is anyone having that? What would be the solution? 

This is not a network issue. Your machine needs too long to load the level you want to join. Solo still works because it lets you load as long as you need to. I had that 'connection problem' with my laptop as well. So far there's no other solution than switching to DX9. I had to buy a PC with a dedicated GPU in order to reduce loading times on directx 10/11

5 hours ago, pjh64 said:

This is not a network issue. Your machine needs too long to load the level you want to join. Solo still works because it lets you load as long as you need to. I had that 'connection problem' with my laptop as well. So far there's no other solution than switching to DX9. I had to buy a PC with a dedicated GPU in order to reduce loading times on directx 10/11

I need a gamer Notebook then... Can't own a rig at the moment because I travel too much.
Sweet lotus 😞

12 часов назад, fr4gb4ll сказал:

why? would you rather still use an OS like vista or 8/8.1 instead? only alternative to 10 was 7, and that is now without support from MS (except if you got the vip-agreement from MS for it, then you 'might' get another year of support...).

seriously, win10 is far better than many fools claim it to be

But consider this.

Its not your business. Not only new OS costs like a maserati but theres literally NO reason to change whatever is not broken. And windows 7 is not broken.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

seriously, win10 is far better than many fools claim it to be

Far better when it comes to spying on you and your privacy. Really, it's absolutely sure that it will stop, if you just kindly ask for it...It is not as if Win10 was an OS that would ever do anything unwanted or hidden. After all it should definitely be called the new linux.

Edited by pjh64
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ---Queen-of-Blades--- said:

I need a gamer Notebook then... Can't own a rig at the moment because I travel too much.
Sweet lotus 😞

HP OMEN 15-dc0051nr 15.6" Gaming Laptop or a similarly spec'd system might be a great idea then, unless you can get a better deal. I have seen that system going for about $999.99 at several online stores and retailers; while I think Dell has a few similar deals with a few lesser but still decent processors and occasionally less RAM which depending on the make might be a deal breaker. Those Walmart 'Overpowered' laptops were a great deal for sub $800 but I think most are out of stock right now.

Try and check if you can install a 64bit OS on a partition 1st, my PC is also old and i was able to install a 64 bit OS on it that i mainly use for warframe.

Putting all the chatter about Windows 10 aside, I'd just want official Linux support because Warframe has already been ported to many platforms (Xbox One,  PS4, Switch), but that thing that Digital Extremes calls the PC version only runs on Windows PCs. Why didn't DE call it the Windows version to begin with?

I'm aware of the fact that DirectX is somewhat hardwired into the game, and tearing it out and replacing it with something else would be an unreasonable demand for how small the group of Linux users is right now. All I'm asking for is for DE to look into how to get Warframe run properly with Wine. I mean the game already runs with Wine, but the majority of Linux users right now has sound problems with the game, and some have performance problems. Digital Extremes has access to log files/debugging that tells them where problems occur, access that the community does not have. If Linux players could get a little bit of support in that area, it would help them massively. The game probably relies on Windows components that Wine doesn't emulate by default, so if DE could say which components Linux players would have to add to their Wine environment for everything to run properly, Linux players would be very happy.

6 hours ago, AxelFlussbach said:

I mean the game already runs with Wine, but the majority of Linux users right now has sound problems with the game, and some have performance problems. Digital Extremes has access to log files/debugging that tells them where problems occur, access that the community does not have. If Linux players could get a little bit of support in that area, it would help them massively. The game probably relies on Windows components that Wine doesn't emulate by default, so if DE could say which components Linux players would have to add to their Wine environment for everything to run properly, Linux players would be very happy. 

You definitely got a point there. It is clear that people cannot expect DE to rewrite everything in order to feature native linux support. But DX in Wine made a lot of progress by now and I could not imagine how it could hurt just dropping a few comments on the common issues people encounter when trying to run Warframe in a Wine-environment. After all they do know their program code and what functions it expects from the DirectX-API.

i have a Graphics card that supports Direct x 11 8 gb of ram and a i7 graphics card and 64bit os.

Spoiler

But i still lag to hell and back on orb vails ;_;

14 hours ago, hazerddex said:

i have a Graphics card that supports Direct x 11 8 gb of ram and a i7 graphics card and 64bit os.

Hide contents

But i still lag to hell and back on orb vails ;_;

Which I7 and GPU if you don't mind? We might be able to suggest upgrade paths.

Yo poseo un problema y es que mi PC le da problemas al iniciar el juego en directx 10 y 11 y es que cuando esta cargando el iniciar cesión se queda en no reponde pero si lo ejecuto en el 9 abre sin nigun problema

😥

Modelo: HP pavilion dv5

(8gb de ram)

Edited by MatCort3542

4 hours ago, Urlan said:

Which I7 and GPU if you don't mind? We might be able to suggest upgrade paths.

RTX 960 i7 -6700 3.42GHz

also i can't afford an upgrade. 

Edited by hazerddex

41 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

RTX 960 i7 -6700 3.42GHz

also i can't afford an upgrade. 

No, the I7 6700 locked processor should be fine, but is that the GTX 960 with 4 or 2 GB of Video ram? If its the 2GB model, lowering the in-game settings to low in most cases and medium at best should give you the least stutter for your buck.

3 hours ago, MatCort3542 said:

Yo poseo un problema y es que mi PC le da problemas al iniciar el juego en directx 10 y 11 y es que cuando esta cargando el iniciar cesión se queda en no reponde pero si lo ejecuto en el 9 abre sin nigun problema

😥

(8gb de ram)

I am sorry, its been a long time since I was any good with languages, so I tried a translation:

Desafortunadamente, las especificaciones de esa computadora portátil no serán capaces de ejecutar el juego como lo son. Es posible que deba considerar una computadora portátil o computadora de escritorio diferente con una tarjeta gráfica dedicada.

4 hours ago, MatCort3542 said:

😥

(8gb de ram)

No se porque dijo lo que dijo la persona anterior, pero DEBERIA de poder funcionar perfectamente en DX10. Te recomiendo que pongas el juego en DX10 y antes de iniciarlo, habiendo confirmado la opcion, le des a "verificar cache de descarga" y despues a "optimizar cache de descarga", puede que haya algo del cache mal parcheado.

On 2019-01-08 at 3:27 PM, Sean said:

The same people who are complaining about not having a decent computer to play the game within the new specs are not going to pay to further update the OS. These people will not be receiving updates and will be stuck on a dead version of Windows 7.

The actual cost of a computer that can run Warframe decently (or really any game) is extremely low and on top of that, Windows 10 is free if people go with the basic edition.

So how about you actually apply some common sense instead of thinking the world should wait up on the people choosing to stay back on an operating system from almost a decade ago.

You're not from south america, aren't you? =_=""

Because idk what world do you live in which a pc that can run warframe decently costs "extremely low"

Sure, there's nothing we can do that new OS come like, every year. Is not really DE's fault that their heavy ass game with frequent updates runs better in newer versions.
HOWEVER, NOT EVERYONE CAN BUY A NEW PC EVERY 2 YEARS , you dont need to be rude about it. if is so extremely low, THEN TELL ME WHERE THE #*!% CAN I BUY THIS, but if is around 500$ USD  and that is "low" for you then you really have no right to say that, dude.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SpaceWaifulil said:

You're not from south america, aren't you? =_=""

Because idk what world do you live in which a pc that can run warframe decently costs "extremely low"

Sure, there's nothing we can do that new OS come like, every year. Is not really DE's fault that their heavy ass game with frequent updates runs better in newer versions.
HOWEVER, NOT EVERYONE CAN BUY A NEW PC EVERY 2 YEARS , you dont need to be rude about it. if is so extremely low, THEN TELL ME WHERE THE #*!% CAN I BUY THIS, but if is around 500$ USD  and that is "low" for you then you really have no right to say that, dude. 

Um.... MS gave windows 10 away when it was first released, there was nothing stopping you getting it and then going back to windows whatever you're using...

I also love it when people say 'but I can't afford to upgrade' every 2 years etc when the truth is very few people actually do this, most save for a period of time then upgrade in stages or as a whole.   The reality of pc gaming is if you can't afford to upgrade when you can no longer play a game then you have to accept that you can't play the game anymore.  It's not like you can expect the games to just 'wait for you to upgrade', you need to understand that at some point you won't be able to play 'current games' if you can't upgrade.  

And $500 isn't a lot when it comes to pc's, hell I looked at the cost of what I would deem a worthwhile upgrade and I was hitting £5000.... (now that IS expensive and admittedly overkill for the game but not for my work)...

If, as I'm guessing, you live in South America then It's unfortunate that you live in a country where the economy sucks but that's not DE's fault and you can't expect DE to just stand still when more 'visually appealing' games are coming out and to be fair this game needed an increase in it's minimum specs since before PoE came out, let alone now we have fortuna.  

And to be fair I have hardware that is over 10 years old (old socket 939 x2's) that actually hits the requirements that DE have listed on the first page, now I wouldn't use it for the game as the performance sucks but if your pc can't hit the requirements then I'm not even sure your pc is up to playing the game smoothly in the first place.

Edited by LSG501
typo
  • Upvote 2