Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture change of plans: Exterminate

5ankai

Did I miss a change to capture missions? I've just run Hepit 4 times in a row and each time it changed to exterminate after I got the capture target.

Edit: Ran Ukko, same result.

Edited by 5ankai
  • Like 1

I've had that happen as well in fissure missions. Lotus suddenly got an endless thirst for Corpus blood, lol. It went back to normal after a while.

I don't think it has to do with how fast the target is captured, because then it would happen even more often. 

This seems to have been happening much more to me lately. Along with the Stalker showing his face every 4th mission (specifically for me every time by the way). I'm wondering if the last Switch patch did more than just mess up warframe colors.

5 hours ago, 5ankai said:

it changed to exterminate after I got the capture target.

That's the most annoying part of it.
If they would only change the mission type before you completed the mission that would be one thing, but changing it after the mission is finished is just plain annoying.
Whats extra annoying is if she changes it after you down the capture target but before you can capture him...then he is left lying there yelling loudly and your map markers are now broken as the only one points to him and unlike normal capture he doesn't have a bleedout timer anymore.  Makes it annoying trying to find the exit tile...

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you should always be able to kill stuff regardless of gear though. unless you're levelling unmodded gear or something, which I think would be a bad idea. 

Its not just unmodded gear though.
Sometimes I just bring a single target frame and weapons, or loki and single target weapons or melee weapons, just to kill the target and get out, when it switches to exterminate and I have to kill 90 enemies that takes a while.
If I come into the mission with an AOE frame or weapon then it doesn't matter because I can quickly clear any amount of mobs that the game throws at me.

There are times I like to not bring the AoE meta frames/weapons to have fun, and when it switches to an Axi exterminate and I don't have weapons or abilities that can erase hordes its...annoying.  Not hard or impossible just annoying with how much longer it'll take.

What is irritating to me is that the Lotus is in no way in a position to give any orders. It's straight stupid because "spoiler" umbra "spoiler" new/war "spoiler" trader and she's a freaking hologram. I mean where do the capture targets go now? 

DE needs to change that stupid Lotus holo mode for those that have completed the Umbra quest. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

It has been appearing more often.  Well, players have been asking for less RNG, so....

I don't mind the change of plans...But Lotus and I had a contract for a specific mark.

Lotus needs to pay me accordingly instead of withholding my rewards for additional free work.

...I'm not a charity.

So Imma go capture Gary the Glaxion Guy and now I need to clear the station as well?

Edited by Padre_Akais

It's been around quite a while, it's actually rather refreshing when it crops up. Nothing like hearing the Lotus' cheery "Happy hunting!" quip to tel you she's gone full bloodthirsty.

Except for that glitch that one time. You may remember the one, where all the remaining folks in the capture-turned-exterminate were suddenly also...capture targets. All 200+ of them. You could down 'em & capture 'em, but you couldn't kill 'em. I was like, "Lotus, whatever you're on, it must be good..." Twas as impossible as it got. Funny as all get-out in hindsight, but very frustrating at the time.

4 minutes ago, Nyx219 said:

Except for that glitch that one time. You may remember the one, where all the remaining folks in the capture-turned-exterminate were suddenly also...capture targets. All 200+ of them. You could down 'em & capture 'em, but you couldn't kill 'em. I was like, "Lotus, whatever you're on, it must be good..." Twas as impossible as it got. Funny as all get-out in hindsight, but very frustrating at the time.

Wow, do you have a screenshot for that? I wish I could see it. Might be frustrating to deal with, but it sure does sound funny.

Just now, Gamma745 said:

Wow, do you have a screenshot for that? I wish I could see it. Might be frustrating to deal with, but it sure does sound funny.

Pics in this thread:

I totally forgot about it being an Invasion Capture, lol. No wonder I remember it being so frustrating, haha.