[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: CERT status thread!

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

We have added on major Motion Control feature request to the build as well -

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

I need this feature asap 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Ehh what??  How about making Cerus / Plains of Eidolon playable first?

How can you start thinking about releasing the Fortuna update, when people can't even play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon and progress through that content?

We barely managed to finish a single Bounty in POE without bugging out, crashing, whatever! One single bounty out of countless attempts that failed, because Enemies didn't spawn, cashes didn't spawn or crashing outright!

Cerus / POE is totally dead at the moment on Nintendo Switch, as practically everyone has given up trying to play that content.

I am totally speechless!

Fix the current mess first, before releasing another huge chunk of buggy non-working content on the Switch version. /shrug

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

How can you start thinking about releasing the Fortuna update, when people can't even play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon and progress through that content?

We barely managed to finish a single Bounty in POE without bugging out, crashing, whatever! One single bounty out of countless attempts that failed, because Enemies didn't spawn, cashes didn't spawn or crashing outright! 

I am totally speechless! 

Fix the current mess first, before releasing another huge chunk of buggy non-working content on the Switch version. /shrug

I'll let you know the status on these bug fixes as well, awful bugs indeed.

• Like 4
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 4

il y a 4 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Thank you Rebecca. Happy New Year for Nintendo Switch!

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I might sound harsh, but it really is a serious issue that is harming Warframe's population on the Nintendo Switch. I really notice that player activity has taken a serious nose dive the last week or so, where it's now really hard to find other players to fill up squads in regular missions, other than daily/hourly runs and relic runs.

I am forced to play mostly Solo now, since there aren't enough online anymore. Region chat has died out other than the occasional new player question and recruitment / trading chat is completely dead. This during European Peak time.

Same with Cetus, during peak time there is like one single instance of Cetus, with only a handful of people. Almost everyone has stopped bothering trying to do POE, since bounties cannot be completed. This compared to 10 instances of Cetus on other platforms (XB and PC) at same time, and that with most focusing on the Fortuna content there.

So instead of focusing on certifying Fortuna for the Nintendo Switch, you should optimize the core game first, so we can play more than 5 waves of Defense (or more than 5 excavations), before the game starts lagging, freezing and becoming unplayable due to increasing number of Mob spawns. I don't even want to try Nightmare on the Switch.

Most importantly! Make Cetus / Plains of Eidolon actually work, so people can actually play and progress through that content first!

It's giving new players a very bad early impression of the game on Switch, since Cetus is accessible very early in the game and it's just not working. Leaving people with a sour taste in their mouth, thinking how the rest of the game will be and ultimately driving them away. Which is exactly what seems to be happening now. 😞

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

I have agree with the fetus and eidolon bugs but I have no issues finding a full squad and the region chat atleast where I'm at is very much alive

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

Cheers and stay tuned!

i'm hyped and concerned at the same time, I hope it's a smooth transtion with the update between DE and Panic Botton. Happy New Years!

1 hour ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Cerus / POE is totally dead at the moment on Nintendo Switch, as practically everyone has given up trying to play that content.

I am totally speechless!

PoE runs fine on switch except some glares and door waiting time and most of all eidolon crash and I finished every bounty with no problems maybe it has something to do with low internet connection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

PoE runs fine on switch except some glares and door waiting time and most of all eidolon crash and I finished every bounty with no problems maybe it has something to do with low internet connection.

I have a 260Mbps fiber internet connection at home, so I can assure you it's not my internet connection. I am very dependent on a good and reliable internet connection for my work.

I can play Warframe (or any other game for that matter) without a single issue on PC and Xbox One X via exact same internet connection.

So it's definitely an issue with the Switch version and I am not the only one complaining. It's a well known issue that with a lot of Bounty runs, required mobs don't spawn or caches don't spawn, resulting in the timer to run out and failing the bounty. 

Pretty much all bounties have at least one such step and thus cannot be completed.

Like I said, last weekend was the first time I was able to finish the first bounty that didn't bug out!  Well it was bugged, since it had two camp take / defense steps where mobs didn't spawn, so it was an easy win of those steps! /shrug

But after that it has been crap again. Last night I tried one in Solo mode and on the 3rd step I had to kill 10 mobs to spawn the boss, but only 6 mobs spawned, so the timer ran out and I failed! Wasting all that time running over the map for nothing! That was the final drop for me and give up on Cetus/POE until they fix it.

Total waste of time.

PS. I want the game to succeed on the Switch platform!  Ignoring serious problems like Cetus/POE and trolling like everything is fine and blaming players isn't doing anyone any favor!  That's is typical "White Knight" behavior and destructive to the game on the long run.

If people have a bad internet connection, they would have issues with all missions in the game, not just Cetus/POE. /shrug

Also, this game is Peer2Peer and doesn't have dedicated hosted servers, like other Online games. So when I play Solo, I am the host and then your argument is totally mood. Only your account and progress is saved on a central server.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any chance of a "Use Roll axis for X/Y motion control" option too?  It's currently locked to the Yaw axis which while intuitive if you're using the Switch in handheld mode is confusing when using a controller - you have to move the controller like a steering wheel for left/right instead of tilt like with other controllers or even other Switch games with the Pro Controller (Fortnite).

Thanks for these updates and all your other comms, it's much appreciated.  I've even become a fan of the devstream and am even watching the old ones to see how the game has evolved and also because it's like a good show in itself with a fun cast of colorful characters.

Edited by (NSW)v1ld
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, (NSW)v1ld said:

Any chance of a "Use Roll axis for X/Y motion control" option too?  It's currently locked to the Yaw axis which while intuitive if you're using the Switch in handheld mode is confusing when using a controller - you have to move the controller like a steering wheel for left/right instead of tilt like with other controllers or even other Switch games with the Pro Controller (Fortnite).

Thanks for these updates and all your other comms, it's much appreciated.  I've even become a fan of the devstream and am even watching the old ones to see how the game has evolved and also because it's like a good show in itself with a fun cast of colorful characters.

This needs to happen. I was very excited to play Warframe with my new Pro Controller this Christmas and was very disappointed when I finally figured out that I needed to rotate my controller like a steering wheel... Makes it unplayable for me.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, (NSW)v1ld said:

Easily my biggest request as well that would really make a difference in every day play. 

• Upvote 1

Can we just get a 100% motion aiming option?  Use it for everything (moving cursor, turning screen, selecting and dragging mods, etc.).  Using the analog stick for moving around menus when we have a good gyro option is pretty crazy. 

Posted (edited)

Never been a fan of motion controls. I've read somewhere though that it helps fine tune controls to feel almost like your using a mouse but that hasn't been my experience in Warframe or even Fortnite for that matter. So I just turn it off.

I have no issues with Planes of Eidolon other than the main entry door taking forever and a day to open.

I love flying around in an Archwing. So cool!

So Fortuna has a higher ceiling?

Edited by (NSW)DreTheSage
  • Applause 1

I agree its awful when using a pro controller, but the motion controls are amazing in hand held mode. I find them especially helpful in archwing missions. 

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Bellzama said:

Please fix primary color bug for Warframes

I'm sure the update will fix it. They've been aware of it since the holidays there's no way they're not including that fix on the update

1 hour ago, (NSW)DreTheSage said:

Never been a fan of motion controls. I've read somewhere though that it helps fine tune controls to feel almost like your using a mouse but that hasn't been my experience in Warframe or even Fortnite for that matter. So I just turn it off.

I have no issues with Planes of Eidolon other than the main entry door taking forever and a day to open.

I love flying around in an Archwing. So cool!

So Fortuna has a higher ceiling?

Fortnite very poorly implemented the gyro controls of the Switch in their version. It's like trying to navigate with a grid layout.

Warframe did it much better, but not the prime example of what it could be. 30 fps aside, it's not there just yet.

Splatoon 2 is the pinnacle of gyro controls done right though. For a third person shooter, it feels really smooth, and I don't just mean the 60 fps.

• Applause 1

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

Cheers and stay tuned!

YEEESSS i have an x-box one but i had bought myself a switch for my birthday so that has been taking my attention more. Also i cant wait to play Fortuna. another thing, i don't know if it is just on my end or what but i haven't had The Man in The Wall appear in my personal quarters wearing the lotus helm to finish the main quest line.

Posted (edited)

Can't wait! I honestly can't imagine how you squeezed Fortuna onto the Switch. 

I hope to encounter some amazing bugs on launch 😄- it's kinda part of the experience :)

(Though I hope this Update also comes with a slew of bugfixes (Revenant Quest!) and performance improvements for PoE.)

P.s.: Can you estimate how long cert from Nintendo takes? Is it longer than on PS4/XB1?

Edited by (NSW)Kaffeebohnson

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I have a 260Mbps fiber internet connection at home, so I can assure you it's not my internet connection. I am very dependent on a good and reliable internet connection for my work.

I can play Warframe (or any other game for that matter) without a single issue on PC and Xbox One X via exact same internet connection.

So it's definitely an issue with the Switch version and I am not the only one complaining. It's a well known issue that with a lot of Bounty runs, required mobs don't spawn or caches don't spawn, resulting in the timer to run out and failing the bounty. 

Pretty much all bounties have at least one such step and thus cannot be completed.

Like I said, last weekend was the first time I was able to finish the first bounty that didn't bug out!  Well it was bugged, since it had two camp take / defense steps where mobs didn't spawn, so it was an easy win of those steps! /shrug

But after that it has been crap again. Last night I tried one in Solo mode and on the 3rd step I had to kill 10 mobs to spawn the boss, but only 6 mobs spawned, so the timer ran out and I failed! Wasting all that time running over the map for nothing! That was the final drop for me and give up on Cetus/POE until they fix it.

Total waste of time.

PS. I want the game to succeed on the Switch platform!  Ignoring serious problems like Cetus/POE and trolling like everything is fine and blaming players isn't doing anyone any favor!  That's is typical "White Knight" behavior and destructive to the game on the long run.

If people have a bad internet connection, they would have issues with all missions in the game, not just Cetus/POE. /shrug

Also, this game is Peer2Peer and doesn't have dedicated hosted servers, like other Online games. So when I play Solo, I am the host and then your argument is totally mood. Only your account and progress is saved on a central server.

Completely agreed. I have yet to go into PoE without crashing at LEAST once. Im not exaggerating here. I have never been able to enter that map without crashing. Sometimes its fortunate to happen right on entry. Othertimes I get completely screwed and it occurs during a bounty and no matter what bounty it is...I have to start all over. So its quite frustrating when it happens on the 5th...or even worse after the 5th but before I can make it to extraction. How can we hope for fortuna to work properly when its twice the content as PoE? Very worrying indeed. 

Edited by (NSW)Aldent
  • Upvote 1