[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

On 2019-02-02 at 2:46 AM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

What does “cert part 2” even mean 😆

http://prntscr.com/mg73dp
Does that not have 2/3rds of the process completed? is that NOT what that red bar stands for?
Maybe i just misunderstood the purpose of that red bar showing the progress of the certification progress; but i understood this as being part two of three in the certification process or "Cert part 2" if you will.

Edited by (NSW)WilliamBlaze
clarifying my post

Just now, (NSW)Belaptir said:

The three bars go for:

1 In dev.

2 In cert.

3 Launched

Oh... okay then never mind then
I totally misunderstood from the get go'
Carry on! 😄

17 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

No you understood wrong. He's saying the update that's currently in cert is now in the second part of certification (whatever that means). And exactly what other major updates are in cert right now? Not sure what you're on about ..lol. The only update that is in cert is the Fortuna update.

18 hours ago, (NSW)Mercwithamouth22 said:

something tells me you don't know what Fortuna is...fyi its only a hub like Cetus so Orb Vallis is required

19 hours ago, (NSW)Ryuuzaki said:

Did you read this thread title? 😅

20 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

WHAT? How are they going to release fortuna part 1 without the content of fortuna part 1? 

22 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Ehh what?  Where did you get that from?  What would be the point in releasing Fortuna without Orb Vallis? The very first mission sets you out to Orb Vallis lol.

It would be like releasing Cetus without the Plains of Eidolon.

Fortuna Part 2 is the Profit-taker.

I mixed up, thought profit taker was the first part and orbvallis the second, anyways I said i think, I didn’t state anything

5 minutes ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

I mixed up, thought profit taker was the first part and orbvallis the second, anyways I said i think, I didn’t state anything

Profit Taker is still in Orb Vallis 

Edited by (NSW)Mercwithamouth22

20 minutes ago, (NSW)dma232 said:

https://nintendosoup.com/warframe-fortuna-lands-on-nintendo-switch-tomorrow/

I just saw this but nothing on the forums is this a reliable source?

I saw it too but no source so it looks like the usual "my uncle said..." article. I would take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: According to other links, it was a PR from DE who said it. And it might make sense. Tomorrow is the Switch streaming.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir

venus_1.png

FORTUNA 1 has passed cert and is launching tomorrow, Tuesday, February 5th!!

The icy winds of the Orbs Vallis await you tomorrow when we officially launch FORTUNA: Part 1 on Nintendo Switch! We thank you for your support and patience as we worked through squashing the crashes and getting the build into cert. 

We all lift together! 

Note: This is a remaster update! What exactly is a “remaster” you ask? Well! 

When we launch a remaster update we are essentially doing a big cache cleanup to optimize old and existing assets. When we do this, we free up space for updates such as FORTUNA: Part 1!

Since this affects existing assets, Warframe will be re-downloaded in its entirety when the update goes live. This will appear no different from any other update, business as usual! You will get the update required system message as well as the launcher message. 

Now in terms of size, the current total size of Warframe currently is 13.2 GB and thanks to the remaster it will remain roughly around that size (~13.5 GB) even with all the Fortuna content! 

• Like 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Now in terms of size, the current total size of Warframe currently is 13.2 GB and thanks to the remaster it will remain roughly around that size (~13.5 GB) even with all the Fortuna content! 

How exactly did you do that? I honestly was expecting it to bump up to about 20gb instead of only adding 300mb even with you deleting obsolete files. I'm genuinely curious how it was kept so small.

Edited by (NSW)Mercwithamouth22

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

We have added on major Motion Control feature request to the build as well -

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

January 18 Update:

Our teams have just gotten to the bottom of a recently discovered multi-player crash today, so our Submission window to Cert is now next week. It's a big one and we want to do it right - sorry for the prolonged process, but we'd rather not rush it.

January 25 Update:

It's Friday, and we're not in Cert - that's the news you come to this thread for, and we'll be doing a deep dive into our current status! It all comes down to crashes - when we have a build that works, but we are hitting reliable crashes, we simply cannot submit it is a release candidate. Fixing crashes and making sure the new content is stable (which has knock-off effects on stability overall on what's already live) is not something we want to overlook for our first major update for our Switch players. We're trying to do it right.
The Acolytes debut on Nintendo Switch this weekend can hopefully keep everyone entertained as you chase down the Stalker's posse for new Rewards, and we'll be working away on things for Fortuna Part 1. See you next week with more information!

January 28 Update:

FORTUNA 1 is in Cert!
 The build has been submitted - now we wait for a 'pass or fail'! Thank you for your patience - we'll let you know as soon as we hear!

February 4th Update: 

venus_1.png

FORTUNA 1 has passed cert and is launching tomorrow, Tuesday, February 5th!!

The icy winds of the Orbs Vallis await you tomorrow when we officially launch FORTUNA: Part 1 on Nintendo Switch! We thank you for your support and patience as we worked through squashing the crashes and getting the build into cert. 

We all lift together! 

Note: This is a remaster update! What exactly is a “remaster” you ask? Well! 

When we launch a remaster update we are essentially doing a big cache cleanup to optimize old and existing assets. When we do this, we free up space for updates such as FORTUNA: Part 1!

Since this affects existing assets, Warframe will be re-downloaded in its entirety when the update goes live. This will appear no different from any other update, business as usual! You will get the update required system message as well as the launcher message. 

YEEESSS 

I can't wait to punish Nef Anyo

Great news! Congrats DE and PB! I'm super excited for Fortuna--my PC playing friends and the Devstreams have piqued my interest!

This does probably mean bad things for Eris Relay... but hey! Kitguns! 🤣

@[DE]Daniellehello. long time fan. is there  a stablished release window tommorrow? like 12 midnight EST? at what time can whe expect to be able to start the download? sorry, im just sooo excited for the update as im loving playing on my switch

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, (NSW)Shokai said:

@[DE]Daniellehello. long time fan. is there  a stablished release window tommorrow? like 12 midnight EST? at what time can whe expect to be able to start the download? sorry, im just sooo excited for the update as im loving playing on my switch

Knowing Nintendo you're probably looking more at the middle of the day.

I'm a little bit concerned by this "remastering". This either means that you guys truly went deep into your assets and really really cut down the stuff that you didn't need... which will be great and the game will run much better or you overdid it with compression and we might be facing the same problems other games out there have or had (like textures taking forever to load in)...

I mean, this sounds like a big update and the fact that it doesn't really take much space is kind of amazing. There's always a trade off here and there for these kind of optimizations though, so pardon my skepticism. I guess we will see tomorrow.

I know this is a truly epic gamer moment but anyone know the precise time when fortuna will be dropping ? I wanna get that full experience 

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

I'm a little bit concerned by this "remastering". This either means that you guys truly went deep into your assets and really really cut down the stuff that you didn't need... which will be great and the game will run much better or you overdid it with compression and we might be facing the same problems other games out there have or had (like textures taking forever to load in)...

I mean, this sounds like a big update and the fact that it doesn't really take much space is kind of amazing. There's always a trade off here and there for these kind of optimizations though, so pardon my skepticism. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Warframe has on all systems been pretty well known for scrapping outdated assets, so we're getting what you'd have happen on PC, but it's the first time they've done it. It might get better optimised later so it's not ALL the assets.

• Upvote 1