[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Ryuuzaki said:

I remember starting revenant quest by the time i already had all three parts created so yes,for me was a quick thing once i got the mask.

Could you activate the quest in the codex? Mine is frosted out. Support assures me that this is a known bug, but the quest is completable anyway. But I don't know how.

Here's hoping the next update fixes it......

Edited by (NSW)Kaffeebohnson

10 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Good for you!  So the rest of us are just lying hmmm?   I have been trying really hard struggling through PoE bounties last two weeks (as people like you keep claiming there are no issues and that there were 50 instances of Cerus during peak time (lies)) and have so far failed over 70% of the bounties on Switch due to bugs and issues (enemies don't spawn or are hidden, caches not spawning,etc). 

This compared to a nearly 100% success rate on the PC!  So I am not some noob that doesn't know how to do bounties. as I also play the game on PC.

I have now finally barely managed to get the first two pieces of Gara blueprints via completed Tier 1 and Tier 2 bounties, but I have not been able to complete a single Tier 3 bounty on the Switch. I have given up on that for now.

No one is doing anything higher than Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Squads mostly contain new players trying out Cerus for first time). I have yet to find a Squad for Tier 3 during EU Prime time. I even tried switching to North America zone, as others were claiming it had much higher population, to no avail. Not suprising since there is a 6 to 9 hour time zone difference.

It's completely different with Fissures and other Daily/Hourly activities which give instant Squad match-ups. That is what most of the Switch population is doing currently.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I have been doing tier 4 and 5 a lot and I complete the whole thing most of the time. Also there has been a lot of people joining my squad too. I don’t know where you took that statistic but I do agree that it is bugger than the pc version (you can 100% see why, it is not that easy to optimize the game to run on that little handheld machine) but it is not that much and I can confirm you that there are still a lot of people enjoying that content. I encounter bug in PoE like 1/10 bounties that I have played.

45 minutes ago, Kachow said:

I have no clue what you are talking about. I have been doing tier 4 and 5 a lot and I complete the whole thing most of the time. Also there has been a lot of people joining my squad too. I don’t know where you took that statistic but I do agree that it is bugger than the pc version (you can 100% see why, it is not that easy to optimize the game to run on that little handheld machine) but it is not that much and I can confirm you that there are still a lot of people enjoying that content. I encounter bug in PoE like 1/10 bounties that I have played.

You reminded me of those asian parents with sky high expectations.

You might just be extremely lucky if you live in US in a huge city or an area with a high number of Warframe players, that you get connected with players close by, while I get connected with more distant players and as such see much lower population numbers. 

Warframe has a ping limit option in settings, so everyone beyond that ping limit will be excluded from match making.

Since this game is Peer 2 Peer and the Networking hardware on the Switch not being the best and as such might cause higher average ping, this might greatly affect with who I get teamed up with.

That is why I don't see much population improvement when switching to North America zone. Since from Norway to US is an average 200 ms response time and since a lot people in US suffer below average internet connections, I just don't get connected to them.

I just keep the default max 300 ms ping and definitely don't want to set that higher, as it would become unplayable due to extreme lag. Especially today was really terrible with lag with warping mobs all over the place in regular missions, constant host migrations and disconnects.  Don't know what is going on today. 😕

Though, playing currently on PC instead and everything is fine there. Instant match-ups with squads, no disconnects or host migrations.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan

1 hour ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

You might just be extremely lucky if you live in US in a huge city or an area with a high number of Warframe players, that you get connected with players close by, while I get connected with more distant players and as such see much lower population numbers. 

Warframe has a ping limit option in settings, so everyone beyond that ping limit will be excluded from match making.

Since this game is Peer 2 Peer and the Networking hardware on the Switch not being the best and as such might cause higher average ping, this might greatly affect with who I get teamed up with.

That is why I don't see much population improvement when switching to North America zone. Since from Norway to US is an average 200 ms response time and since a lot people in US suffer below average internet connections, I just don't get connected to them.

I just keep the default max 300 ms ping and definitely don't want to set that higher, as it would become unplayable due to extreme lag. Especially today was really terrible with lag with warping mobs all over the place in regular missions, constant host migrations and disconnects.  Don't know what is going on today. 😕

Though, playing currently on PC instead and everything is fine there. Instant match-ups with squads, no disconnects or host migrations.

I legit have no idea what you’re on about, i live in the EU and I play on NA servers because they are much more active yet I have no internet issues, in any case doing tier 5 bounties alone is child’s play, if you’re not MR8 with a good weapon and frame don’t bother doing them at all unless you have your death squad, I’m MR20 so ok maybe it is “easy” for me but even when I was MR6 on pc I used to do them alone and that’s because I managed to make money off of the trading market and buy good weapons or get the necessary parts/mods. No one can complain, the cetus gameplay isn’t impeccable but it isn’t as horrible as a lot of players see it

On 2019-01-09 at 8:10 AM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Ehh what??  How about making Cerus / Plains of Eidolon playable first?

How can you start thinking about releasing the Fortuna update, when people can't even play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon and progress through that content?

We barely managed to finish a single Bounty in POE without bugging out, crashing, whatever! One single bounty out of countless attempts that failed, because Enemies didn't spawn, cashes didn't spawn or crashing outright!

Cerus / POE is totally dead at the moment on Nintendo Switch, as practically everyone has given up trying to play that content.

I am totally speechless!

Fix the current mess first, before releasing another huge chunk of buggy non-working content on the Switch version. /shrug

I have the opposite experience. The plains and Cerus have been not just alive but downright overcrowded. Not only are the plains totally fine but people spend so much time on the plains I can't find players anywhere other than the plains and alert missions. The star map is dead and the plains is where everyone is 

5 hours ago, (NSW)BoostCatt said:

I have the opposite experience. The plains and Cerus have been not just alive but downright overcrowded. Not only are the plains totally fine but people spend so much time on the plains I can't find players anywhere other than the plains and alert missions. The star map is dead and the plains is where everyone is 

Guys it’s cetus pls get it right

7 hours ago, (NSW)BoostCatt said:

Well it clearly seems to what time zone you are in and what time of the day you are playing.

I play during CET prime time from Northern Europe and last night for example, Cetus was totally dead. Two instances up with both "Calm" status and impossible to get any Squad for bounty going. I only got into a Squad by just going into Plains of Eidolon without a bounty and people in my Squad were just busy mining ore and killing those flying shooting cubes for ancient cores(?).

So I just did some fishing, turned it in in Cetus and went back up again and just did some Alerts instead.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan

12 hours ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

I legit have no idea what you’re on about, i live in the EU and I play on NA servers because they are much more active yet I have no internet issues, in any case doing tier 5 bounties alone is child’s play, if you’re not MR8 with a good weapon and frame don’t bother doing them at all unless you have your death squad, I’m MR20 so ok maybe it is “easy” for me but even when I was MR6 on pc I used to do them alone and that’s because I managed to make money off of the trading market and buy good weapons or get the necessary parts/mods. No one can complain, the cetus gameplay isn’t impeccable but it isn’t as horrible as a lot of players see it

Well I guess there is clear gap in the population then. PC migraters like you with Fully specced Frames doing Tier 5 stuff and other Endgame stuff and the rest of us still stuck on the lower end.

I have no other explanation as to why our experiences differ this much.

PS. I had to wait over 6 weeks to get my failed migrated PC account deleted, so I could finally start over and playing on the Switch platform. So it's a fresh account and now barely unlocked Jupiter. So on Cetus, Tier 3 is what I can currently barely handle Solo, but it's too tedious as I either fail due to bugs or I have bad luck with a phase in the Bounty were I need to kill all enemies within 2 mins, which I was unable to do quickly enough with my current available Frames and weapons. Mostly, because it's extremely hard to stay alive when you have 20+ mobs and Mini bosses focus firing on you endlessly. The extreme lag on the Switch in such mayhem isn't doing any favors either, so you usually just lag to dead in slow motion lol. 😛

Tier 1 and Tier 2 are piece of cake, if they weren't constantly bugging out on me most of the time. /sigh

And like I said before, it's not my internet connection, which is 160 Mbit Fiber and have practically zero issues in the PC version other than the occasional host migration.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Well I guess there is clear gap in the population then. PC migraters like you with Fully specced Frames doing Tier 5 stuff and other Endgame stuff and the rest of us still stuck on the lower end.

PS. I had to wait over 6 weeks to get my failed migrated PC account deleted, so I could finally start over and playing on the Switch platform. So it's a fresh account and now barely unlocked Jupiter. So on Cetus, Tier 3 is what I can currently barely handle Solo, but it's too tedious as I either fail due to bugs or I have bad luck with a phase in the Bounty were I need to kill all enemies within 2 mins, which I was unable to do quickly enough with my current available Frames and weapons. Mostly, because it's extremely hard to stay alive when you have 20+ mobs and Mini bosses focus firing on you endlessly. The extreme lag on the Switch in such mayhem isn't doing any favors either, so you usually just lag to dead in slow motion lol. 😛

Tier 1 and Tier 2 are piece of cake, if they weren't constantly bugging out on me most of the time. /sigh

And like I said before, it's not my internet connection, which is 160 Mbit Fiber and have practically zero issues in the PC version other than the occasional host migration.

I am really surprised by your bad experience too as i really don't have as much struggle to do the Cetus bounties and i do see a lot of people in it although most of those who do the tier 4- 6 tend to be way underlevel.

And when you said that you saw less people in the chat i was looking in it and there where like 60-80 people in all chats so... i dodn't know where did that came from 😅

BTW i am in UE servers.

Can we expect a middle of the week drop for the Fortuna content or we thinking later in the week like Friday morning or something?

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I've had only a handful of bugs in Cetus, such as the drone in the bounty getting stuck or enemies getting stuck in the sky. Other than that I have had a pretty good experience. I'm in EU playing on NA servers.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Psyymann said:

Can we expect a middle of the week drop for the Fortuna content or we thinking later in the week like Friday morning or something?

There will be the switch stream, we should get some info here

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Dextermorgane486 said:

There will be the switch stream, we should get some info here

Thank you for the quick response. Is the steam today?

Edit: every Wednesday at 10am. Just looked it up. 

Edited by (NSW)Psyymann

1 hour ago, (NSW)Dextermorgane486 said:

I am really surprised by your bad experience too as i really don't have as much struggle to do the Cetus bounties and i do see a lot of people in it although most of those who do the tier 4- 6 tend to be way underlevel.

And when you said that you saw less people in the chat i was looking in it and there where like 60-80 people in all chats so... i dodn't know where did that came from 😅

BTW i am in UE servers.

Yes it surprises me too.

When it comes to the chat, it gets even weirder. The moment I switch to North America zone, the Region chat springs to life and is very active! Then when I switch back to Europe Zone, the chat dies completely. Not a single pip! Even after closing the game and restarting it. It's completely dead, then when switching to North America again, the chat immediately comes to life. No need for restart of the client.

So I have a feeling it might actually be DE's servers playing a role in this. Since they are doing server upgrades for reason at the moment.

Something happened two weeks ago that caused this (sudden influx of new players causing DE servers to overload), as during the two weeks in Christmas and New Year, the Europe Zone was very active for me, including Cetus (5 busy instances) and Region chat. Then two weeks ago. Bam! It's like almost everyone quit all at once in Europe Zone, with only a handful people left.

So hopefully this might get sorted out this week after the upgrades are finished. Even though the game is peer 2 peer, the Account system, match-making, Cetus zone and chat system is hosted by DE. 

19 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Again, what are you talking about? I started warframe when it came out on switch, and I went tier 5 alone at mr 8 with Hek. And what do you mean stucking at lower end lol. Maybe you’re just bad at the game.

15 hours ago, (NSW)Zugatz said:

Do we have an estimated day when Fortuna on switch will be submitted for cert?

Probably to be announced in tomorrow's Dev Stream

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo

That small hotfix that just removed nova and mag relics is....something. Could've at least fix colors on warframes too, come on guys 😕

• Upvote 1

When are we getting the fix to the energy color bug on warframes? we were told a fix was ready for new year but we are past half month and still have the bug, its painful to see those ugly blue arms ruining my Nidus color palette :c

• Upvote 2

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 5:04 AM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

As a PC player who transferred an MR 26 account, I can tell you that farming for resources and completing timed activities is much harder on the switch.
Specifically being the controls and framerate. I've seen online about people claiming the switch version to run at 30 fps yet, the only place I get this is if i'm looking at a wall at maroos.
It constantly drops to 15 fps and 20 fps when i'm playing any actual level.
I really hope DE adds some sort of even lower video settings (like have them user set so if you don't mind the game looking not so great u can have higher framerate or atleast run at a locked 30 fps).

As for cetus bounties, I was having issue until I set my Multiplayer Matchmaking ping limit to 300. My internet is perfect but I think when you're transferring into cetus, the loading of the plains can cause your ping to spike etc. 

4 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Will we get a status update any time soon? It's been a week since the last one 😕 

Dev Stream today might have some information.

• Satisfied 1