Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

 

Thank you so much for your and DE’s effort! May I ask if the color customisation bug is built in with this update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ArvinZupreme said:

Thank you so much for your and DE’s effort! May I ask if the color customisation bug is built in with this update?

Yup this will be included 🙂

Edited by (NSW)Skyress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArvinZupreme said:

Thank you so much for your and DE’s effort! 

You forgot to thank Panic Button 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (NSW)dma232 said:

About how long will the cert process take with it being a massive update and all

We don’t know. Not even DE knows. Nintendo’s approval process is usually slow though compared to Sony and Microsoft. However Fortnite’s major updates always get approved quickly and they get released on the same time as the other platforms but we don’t know when EpicGames submits these updates to cert so not sure if they get their updates approved faster because they’re EpicGames or because they submit their updates to Nintendo early to be able to get a simultaneous release across all platforms. 

Anyway, someone who used to work in the Nintendo product testing department said this:

Two things happen when approving a patch at Nintendo.

  1. Lotcheck certification, there is a massive checklist of items that need to be approved before it goes any further, one too many fails on the checklist that weren't pre-approved for it's initial release means it goes back to the devs and they need to fix those items before they can try again.

  2. Testing, does the patch affect the hardware in any way? Does it affect the game? What changed between the release and now? If they only have one tester doing it, it could take a day or two for approval. And if there are any changes to content it could also have to pass through esrb certification again too.

I found this here: https://reddit.app.link/1rPZ8JYCRT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo push new updated to switch, contingency I don't think so...

Hold thumbs for smooth cert process.

Edited by (NSW)zook-pl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen that you’re in cert, great news! was honestly expecting another week before that happened. Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (NSW)supercrank86 said:

So I wonder how long nintendo cert takes. I know ps4 and xbox is around a week

At least that long for Switch generally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo is jumping the gun with this video though:

 

 

I am assuming it is not actually available today and thy just mean Warframe in general is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

Nintendo is jumping the gun with this video though:

 

 

I am assuming it is not actually available today and thy just mean Warframe in general is?

Lol yeah they posted this on their YouTube channel a few minutes ago. I guess even Nintendo can’t wait for Fortuna on the Switch 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I please have my Rubedo Rhino skin on Switch? My Vauban Phased skin migrated, but the Rubedo didn't.

 

Pretty please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

I am assuming it is not actually available today and thy just mean Warframe in general is?

Nah they already released a Warframe trailer when the game first launched so they won’t do it again just to show that Warframe is on Switch. This is a trailer for the Fortuna update specifically but for some reason they couldn’t wait until it’s actually live. Maybe the update already got approved? Lol.

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Nah they already released a Warframe trailer when the game first launched so they won’t do it again just to show that Warframe is on Switch. This is a trailer for the Fortuna update specifically but for some reason they couldn’t wait until it’s actually live. Maybe the update already got approved? Lol.

Man I wish! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, (NSW)DaftMeat said:

Can I please have my Rubedo Rhino skin on Switch? My Vauban Phased skin migrated, but the Rubedo didn't.

 

Pretty please?

You should be happy that you got to keep the phased skin as steam skins like the rubedo one wasn't supposeed to merge over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

I think even if update is already approved we don't get it until acolytes event end.

I don't see how the two are connected, but in any case Nintendo is going to take it's time verifying the build, the Acolytes event will be long over when the update will be coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

I think even if update is already approved we don't get it until acolytes event end.

No way they approved it on the same day. They have a lot of content to sift through and test. We're looking at a week from today at best, imo. Unless Nintendo is really set on making sure Warframe is a success to capitalize on their percentage of the paid content, then it would be all hands on deck but even then we're looking at a few days. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Lol yeah they posted this on their YouTube channel a few minutes ago. I guess even Nintendo can’t wait for Fortuna on the Switch 😆

It seems it was an error and they pulled the video? As it's no longer available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...