Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

Recommended Posts

On 2019-01-09 at 10:45 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

We have added on major Motion Control feature request to the build as well -

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

January 18 Update:

Our teams have just gotten to the bottom of a recently discovered multi-player crash today, so our Submission window to Cert is now next week. It's a big one and we want to do it right - sorry for the prolonged process, but we'd rather not rush it.

January 25 Update:

It's Friday, and we're not in Cert - that's the news you come to this thread for, and we'll be doing a deep dive into our current status! It all comes down to crashes - when we have a build that works, but we are hitting reliable crashes, we simply cannot submit it is a release candidate. Fixing crashes and making sure the new content is stable (which has knock-off effects on stability overall on what's already live) is not something we want to overlook for our first major update for our Switch players. We're trying to do it right.
The Acolytes debut on Nintendo Switch this weekend can hopefully keep everyone entertained as you chase down the Stalker's posse for new Rewards, and we'll be working away on things for Fortuna Part 1. See you next week with more information!

January 28 Update:

FORTUNA 1 is in Cert!
 The build has been submitted - now we wait for a 'pass or fail'! Thank you for your patience - we'll let you know as soon as we hear!

Will this include the bug turned feature of equipping multiple Dragon Keys?

To be honest as a sort of newish player who wants to solo most of the time, this hotfix/update is the one that I'm most excited about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Maybe the update already got approved? Lol.

So I write.

10 hours ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

I think even if update is already approved we don't get it until acolytes event end.

Keyword is 'even if'

But I think that is high probability of update passing already (already for 28.01 update of post) some millstone in cert. So Rebecca can told us good news with relative low risk of ours disappointed. But it's 'conspiracy theory' 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (NSW)Septentrion said:

Will this include the bug turned feature of equipping multiple Dragon Keys?

To be honest as a sort of newish player who wants to solo most of the time, this hotfix/update is the one that I'm most excited about.

How newish are we talking? Because if you want to solo sorties and eidolons, I promise you are a long long way from doing that unless you're buying a ton of plat every few days. You're better off playing with groups now until you get strong enough to solo content.

 

EDIT: and for those who will inevitably say they can solo sorties, yeah some missions. But stuff like energy elemental enhancement ambulas is pretty much impossible to solo for OG Switch players. Maybe a max range/duration Limbo can do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

How newish are we talking? Because if you want to solo sorties and eidolons, I promise you are a long long way from doing that unless you're buying a ton of plat every few days. You're better off playing with groups now until you get strong enough to solo content.

 

EDIT: and for those who will inevitably say they can solo sorties, yeah some missions. But stuff like energy elemental enhancement ambulas is pretty much impossible to solo for OG Switch players. Maybe a max range/duration Limbo can do it.

Just the Dragon Keys Derelict Missions. I've tried it once with Clan/Alliance mates to get a feel for it.

It's doable solo as long as I can use multiple Dragon keys to avoid frustration of Vault not matching the key I have. I'm actually near the end of the Star Chart (only Eris is locked) so by newish I mean I just started last December. I want the corrupted mods before starting to farm Prime parts/relics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting to see if this fixes Eidolons. If it does, I'll probably get Mesa Prime. Sick of playing without my arcanes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (NSW)ShadowReaper21 said:

So how long does a cert process take?

Already been answered in page 10 of this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-18 at 10:39 AM, (NSW)Lucaru said:

I hope it comes on my birthday at least (Feb 2).

well, its in Cert part two now so, if Nintendo gives it the okay in the next 12 hours, then you might just get your birthday wish 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, (NSW)WilliamBlaze said:

well, its in Cert part two now so, if Nintendo gives it the okay in the next 12 hours, then you might just get your birthday wish 😄

How do you know it’s in cert part 2 not being critical just excited 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (NSW)dma232 said:

How do you know it’s in cert part 2 not being critical just excited 

He hasnt answered, so sadly it is most likely false...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (NSW)KidLambo said:

Still not passed yet 😕 ?

It’s a pretty big update that includes more than just Fortuna, I think most people were expecting it to take atleast a week at minimum, but most probably looking around 2 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-30 at 5:47 PM, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

How newish are we talking? Because if you want to solo sorties and eidolons, I promise you are a long long way from doing that unless you're buying a ton of plat every few days. You're better off playing with groups now until you get strong enough to solo content.

 

EDIT: and for those who will inevitably say they can solo sorties, yeah some missions. But stuff like energy elemental enhancement ambulas is pretty much impossible to solo for OG Switch players. Maybe a max range/duration Limbo can do it.

Keyword here is solo OG switch players, because when you’re a pc vet like me those EEs are easy to take out, but it’s mostly the experience and the progress we have that gives us that advantage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-02 at 8:46 AM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

What does “cert part 2” even mean 😆

There is the first part of fortuna and some other major updates that is in cert, and I’m pretty sure DE is already working on the second part of fortuna alongside some other major updates, this will be the second cert or at least that’s how I understand it

 

 

Also for those folks who were looking forward to getting orb vallis, sorry to disappoint but I don’t think we will be getting it in the fortuna 1 update but the fortuna 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

There is the first part of fortuna and some other major updates that is in cert, and I’m pretty sure DE is already working on the second part of fortuna alongside some other major updates, this will be the second cert or at least that’s how I understand it

 

 

Also for those folks who were looking forward to getting orb vallis, sorry to disappoint but I don’t think we will be getting it in the fortuna 1 update but the fortuna 2

Ehh what?  Where did you get that from?  What would be the point in releasing Fortuna without Orb Vallis? The very first mission sets you out to Orb Vallis lol.

It would be like releasing Cetus without the Plains of Eidolon.

Fortuna Part 2 is the Profit-taker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

Also for those folks who were looking forward to getting orb vallis, sorry to disappoint but I don’t think we will be getting it in the fortuna 1 update but the fortuna 2

WHAT? How are they going to release fortuna part 1 without the content of fortuna part 1? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

sorry to disappoint but I don’t think we will be getting it in the fortuna 1 update but the fortuna 2

Did you read this thread title? 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

 

Also for those folks who were looking forward to getting orb vallis, sorry to disappoint but I don’t think we will be getting it in the fortuna 1 update but the fortuna 2

something tells me you don't know what Fortuna is...fyi its only a hub like Cetus so Orb Vallis is required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

There is the first part of fortuna and some other major updates that is in cert, and I’m pretty sure DE is already working on the second part of fortuna alongside some other major updates, this will be the second cert or at least that’s how I understand it

No you understood wrong. He's saying the update that's currently in cert is now in the second part of certification (whatever that means). And exactly what other major updates are in cert right now? Not sure what you're on about ..lol. The only update that is in cert is the Fortuna update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

No you understood wrong. He's saying the update that's currently in cert is now in the second part of certification (whatever that means). And exactly what other major updates are in cert right now? Not sure what you're on about ..lol. The only update that is in cert is the Fortuna update.

He is probably talking about 'profit taker' get to active developing as 'fortuna' get into cert. What is probably true, but before profit taker we will be getting at least some hotfixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...