Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

In terms of download, will the game download the update automatically, or will I need to launch Warframe in order to do so? Just wondering if I'll get to come home from work with the update all downloaded or...have to wait. 

On 2019-01-09 at 4:22 PM, (NSW)Bellzama said:

Please fix primary color bug for Warframes

They said a while back that the fix is in this update

43 minutes ago, (NSW)Cyvaris said:

In terms of download, will the game download the update automatically, or will I need to launch Warframe in order to do so? Just wondering if I'll get to come home from work with the update all downloaded or...have to wait. 

This is what I'm worried about personally. I'd love to have the download go while I'm away from home.

So with the Fortuna update, the file size will only be going up by about 300mbs compared to the current live build?

I swear the people working at DE and Panic Button are wizards. 😮

3 hours ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

This is what I'm worried about personally. I'd love to have the download go while I'm away from home.

As someone stuck with the "joy" of an incredibly slow and wonky internet provider...yeah it would be nice to set the download up before I leave for work tomorrow. Now, I would just take the Switch with me, but work WiFi doesn't allow personal devices to connect. 

7 hours ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

Knowing Nintendo you're probably looking more at the middle of the day.

Umm isn’t it DE’s decision when to release these updates? What does Nintendo have to do with this? It’s not a new game that’s releasing on their eShop. 

7 hours ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

I'm a little bit concerned by this "remastering". This either means that you guys truly went deep into your assets and really really cut down the stuff that you didn't need... which will be great and the game will run much better or you overdid it with compression and we might be facing the same problems other games out there have or had (like textures taking forever to load in)...

I mean, this sounds like a big update and the fact that it doesn't really take much space is kind of amazing. There's always a trade off here and there for these kind of optimizations though, so pardon my skepticism. I guess we will see tomorrow.

This is a normal way of doing updates for all the MMO on consoles. Not only for warframe. You know a SD card can only hold that much dates and it’s not as huge as pc hard drive, also, few people will buy a card only for storaging warframe. So all these MMO on consoles have to find a way to keep their date size manageable. Some choose to go cloud game, like phantasy start online 2, others will do ‘remaster’. Judging game contents from the date size is way too old fashioned. And if you ever played PSO2 on PSV, you should know that being forced to buy new card only for that game every few months is way too annoying. Right now, the size of warframe already equal to a 3A game on switch, you should worry if its size continue growling uncontrollably because that way soon you will be forced to archive your Zelda, your monster hunter etc.......

40 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Umm isn’t it DE’s decision when to release these updates? What does Nintendo have to do with this? It’s not a new game that’s releasing on their eShop. 

DE can pick a date. Nintendo can choose when to update the eshop.

Just now, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

DE can pick a date. Nintendo can choose when to update the eshop.

Yes I know but this is for newly released games. This is an update we’re talking about. It won’t go through the eShop. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)Beermugg said:

What time will the update come?

They didn’t say but PS4 and Xbox got the update at 10 AM ET iirc so hopefully it’ll be the same for Switch. 

Just now, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Yes I know but this is for newly released games. This is an update we’re talking about. It won’t go through the eShop. 

That's not how it works. All updates run through the eShop infrastructure.

Paladins had a big update delayed relative to the other systems because Nintendo hadn't updated the eshop at the same time as PSN, Steam, and XBL.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

That's not how it works. All updates run through the eShop infrastructure.

Paladins had a big update delayed relative to the other systems because Nintendo hadn't updated the eshop at the same time as PSN, Steam, and XBL.

I don’t know man. Never heard of this. In the case of Paladins, it was usually because the updates took a while in cert, they were waiting for Nintendo to approve the update not because Nintendo didn’t update the eShop. I remember when Switch players used to ask the devs what’s taking so long and they always used to say it’s because it’s still in cert. 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I don’t know man. Never heard of this. In the case of Paladins, it was usually because the updates took a while in cert, they were waiting for Nintendo to approve the update not because Nintendo didn’t update the eShop. I remember when Switch players used to ask the devs what’s taking so long and they always used to say it’s because it’s still in cert. 

Even presuming that that is true, most updates I've seen from DE have come in the middle of the day rather than at midnight.

1 minute ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

Even presuming that that is true, most updates I've seen from DE have come in the middle of the day rather than at midnight.

Well, I hope it's at least middle of the day Europe time. So I don't end up spending the whole evening re-downloading this game.  Nintendo's hardware isn't exactly known for fast downloads lol. /shrug

36 minutes ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

It will definitely not come out at midnight since no one will be at the office lol. It’ll come out when DE will be in the office and ready to release the update, my guess is around 10/11 AM ET. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)GundamGumbo said:

Will there be limited-time twitch drops for the release of fortuna today?

Yessir, find the website where they talk about the fortuna release and you’ll see at the bottom they will be giving out Khora and nidus warframes as twitch drops as well as other things

21 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

It will definitely not come out at midnight since no one will be at the office lol. It’ll come out when DE will be at the office and ready to release the update, my guess is around 10/11 AM ET. 

Idk if u noticed but the game size on the eshop has already changed to 12.7gb, so it could be earlier than you think 😉

8 minutes ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

Yessir, find the website where they talk about the fortuna release and you’ll see at the bottom they will be giving out Khora and nidus warframes as twitch drops as well as other things

That already happened. They where doing that back in December when fortuna initially released.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Eclipsedarksoul said:

That already happened. They where doing that back in December when fortuna initially released.

Really ? Mhmmm sucks I never used twitch drops though so I can’t really know

1 minute ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

Really ? Mhmmm sucks I never used twitch drops though so I can’t really know

Twitch drops is a joke anyway. Best thing I got was a ship cosmetic.

At least you can get a Kuva Starter kit as Twitch drop with upcoming dev stream. I already have a Kuva, but always nice to get 10 dna fragments and a bunch of dna stabilizers.