Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

5 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I have a 260Mbps fiber internet connection at home, so I can assure you it's not my internet connection. I am very dependent on a good and reliable internet connection for my work.

I can play Warframe (or any other game for that matter) without a single issue on PC and Xbox One X via exact same internet connection.

So it's definitely an issue with the Switch version and I am not the only one complaining. It's a well known issue that with a lot of Bounty runs, required mobs don't spawn or caches don't spawn, resulting in the timer to run out and failing the bounty. 

Pretty much all bounties have at least one such step and thus cannot be completed.

Like I said, last weekend was the first time I was able to finish the first bounty that didn't bug out!  Well it was bugged, since it had two camp take / defense steps where mobs didn't spawn, so it was an easy win of those steps! /shrug

But after that it has been crap again. Last night I tried one in Solo mode and on the 3rd step I had to kill 10 mobs to spawn the boss, but only 6 mobs spawned, so the timer ran out and I failed! Wasting all that time running over the map for nothing! That was the final drop for me and give up on Cetus/POE until they fix it.

Total waste of time.

PS. I want the game to succeed on the Switch platform!  Ignoring serious problems like Cetus/POE and trolling like everything is fine and blaming players isn't doing anyone any favor!  That's is typical "White Knight" behavior and destructive to the game on the long run.

If people have a bad internet connection, they would have issues with all missions in the game, not just Cetus/POE. /shrug

Also, this game is Peer2Peer and doesn't have dedicated hosted servers, like other Online games. So when I play Solo, I am the host and then your argument is totally mood. Only your account and progress is saved on a central server.

I'm not white knight just stating my own experiences on the switch which may not be the same for others and I understand that poe still needs to be fixed and I run on 1mbps internet xD

7 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I might sound harsh, but it really is a serious issue that is harming Warframe's population on the Nintendo Switch. I really notice that player activity has taken a serious nose dive the last week or so, where it's now really hard to find other players to fill up squads in regular missions, other than daily/hourly runs and relic runs.

I am forced to play mostly Solo now, since there aren't enough online anymore. Region chat has died out other than the occasional new player question and recruitment / trading chat is completely dead. This during European Peak time.

Same with Cetus, during peak time there is like one single instance of Cetus, with only a handful of people. Almost everyone has stopped bothering trying to do POE, since bounties cannot be completed. This compared to 10 instances of Cetus on other platforms (XB and PC) at same time, and that with most focusing on the Fortuna content there.

So instead of focusing on certifying Fortuna for the Nintendo Switch, you should optimize the core game first, so we can play more than 5 waves of Defense (or more than 5 excavations), before the game starts lagging, freezing and becoming unplayable due to increasing number of Mob spawns. I don't even want to try Nightmare on the Switch.

Most importantly! Make Cetus / Plains of Eidolon actually work, so people can actually play and progress through that content first!

It's giving new players a very bad early impression of the game on Switch, since Cetus is accessible very early in the game and it's just not working. Leaving people with a sour taste in their mouth, thinking how the rest of the game will be and ultimately driving them away. Which is exactly what seems to be happening now. 😞

Your issues with the bugs are merited but the problem with your low population count is your on the European server, we all basically jumped to the North American server and the population over there is booming, I saw Cetus 23 last night (on a Tuesday!). I live in the UK so don’t worry about lag issues it still plays fine, everyone just kind of collectively jumped onto a single server to increase population, come join the fun!

The only issue i see in the Cetus/PoE is that the vomvalyst are not spawning very often during Eidolon hunts. Other than that i see a good population in the chats and in cetus. I do wonder if in the next update of hotfix, if the clan emblem i have pending will be put into the game. Very excited for Fortuna to be here and would like to see more content and events on the Switch. I used to play on the PS4 as Vampgodspell. things happened and i had to stop, but has very happy to see it on the Switch. Will Alliances be seeing an event soon or is there any purpose now with the armistice? 

I find this information kind of vague... It's been 3 weeks now since we got any news regarding the switch version and there's been a bunch of problems reported so far (warframe colors, relics on bounties, mask of the revenant quest bugged, etc). It'd be nice if we could know when are they vaulting banshee prime, euphona prime, helios prime, end up chroma prime access and when do we get mesa prime access and such. Are we getting all remaining Mask of The Revenant updates up to Fortuna? What build can we expect on the switch?

This is fantastic news, I'm so excited and hyped!

Will any optimizations to performance come to the core game along with the Fortuna update?

Can we maybe put a recenter-camera button on the list of feature requests? I've mostly gotten used to manual adjustment for everything, but especially with parkour and all the mobility I feel this needs an instant-center as much as Splatoon does. 

Also, I've said this before, but I want to reiterate: please don't hide the prime vault accessory packs in the Buy Platinum heading-link of the market. Please put those as visible options in the Vault heading as well. It's more intuitive, and promotes more impulse buying, if they're easibly and sensibly visible. (Honestly it took me so long to figure out where they were if not with the other vault bundles I talked myself out of buying them.) 

Other than that...hype! 

3 hours ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

I find this information kind of vague... It's been 3 weeks now since we got any news regarding the switch version and there's been a bunch of problems reported so far (warframe colors, relics on bounties, mask of the revenant quest bugged, etc). It'd be nice if we could know when are they vaulting banshee prime, euphona prime, helios prime, end up chroma prime access and when do we get mesa prime access and such. Are we getting all remaining Mask of The Revenant updates up to Fortuna? What build can we expect on the switch?

That's because the past weeks have been the holidays for the developers. They've stated during their last 2018 devstream that they were aware of the color bugs but won't be able to work on it until the holidays are over. They've also stated that they plan to make the switch be on the same version as other platforms which means yes we are getting the rest of the updates.

12 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Region chat has died out other than the occasional new player question and recruitment / trading chat is completely dead. This during European Peak time.😞

I'm sorry, but my 35,000+platinum traded thru my account speaks otherwise for trade chat. Perhaps Europe server might be dead, but North America/Asia are the main servers for trade anyways. Swap and you'll see. Yes Cetus needs to be runnable also. Shouldnt stop them from adding new content tho? It's technically still in open beta after all. Bugs are a very common thing. personally ive had no issues outside the occasional crash and the known bugs already all of which havent stopped me from playing. If playerbase truly did take a dive (how would you know, just judging by what time your on isnt anything, do you have actual numbers?) it'd be because new players see it as all too much or dont like how slow it runs to begin with. Not simply because of cetus. Most people dont even go there apart from Saya's Vigil in their earlier MR/days in warframe. This all said, it is still a MASSIVE issue, as trying to eidolon hunt even in solo can be extremely hard/buggy. Frame rate needs to be constant 25+ ATLEAST before ANYTHING else in game gets fixed in my personal opinion. Dipping as low as 5fps in some cases has just been......alt-f4 (yes i know its switch, not pc, just ex;) inducing rage. Coming from high fidelity non stop to this has been jarring none the less. I've vowed to stay away from Cetus until its been made "playable" as should anyone else unless TRULY wanting/needing arcanes (for which ive been paying handsomely to buy to those who endured a full run). I have faith tho it'll be ironed out in time. Fortuna releae on PC was rather smooth, so hey, maybe just hope they learned from PoE launch on switch and its smoother here too? Back to my original point/quote tho. It's not dead. Chats very much alive everywhere. (i play late nights, 12-8am CST) Trade in particular. ive actually seen trade move about 1/4th as fast as PC one night as everyone and their spacemom's couldnt stop posting orders xD  I'd say playerbase is averaging about 10-20k per day for daily users. (PC hits around 50-70kish) BUT I dont have the numbers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Just a guessing man.

12 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Region chat has died out other than the occasional new player question and recruitment / trading chat is completely dead. This during European Peak time.😞

I'm sorry, but my 35,000+platinum traded thru my account speaks otherwise for trade chat. Perhaps Europe server might be dead, but North America/Asia are the main servers for trade anyways. Swap and you'll see. Yes Cetus needs to be runnable also. Shouldnt stop them from adding new content tho? It's technically still in open beta after all. Bugs are a very common thing. personally ive had no issues outside the occasional crash and the known bugs already all of which havent stopped me from playing. If playerbase truly did take a dive (how would you know, just judging by what time your on isnt anything, do you have actual numbers?) it'd be because new players see it as all too much or dont like how slow it runs to begin with. Not simply because of cetus. Most people dont even go there apart from Saya's Vigil in their earlier MR/days in warframe. This all said, it is still a MASSIVE issue, as trying to eidolon hunt even in solo can be extremely hard/buggy. Frame rate needs to be constant 25+ ATLEAST before ANYTHING else in game gets fixed in my personal opinion. Dipping as low as 5fps in some cases has just been......alt-f4 (yes i know its switch, not pc, just ex;) inducing rage. Coming from high fidelity non stop to this has been jarring none the less. I've vowed to stay away from Cetus until its been made "playable" as should anyone else unless TRULY wanting/needing arcanes (for which ive been paying handsomely to buy to those who endured a full run). I have faith tho it'll be ironed out in time. Fortuna releae on PC was rather smooth, so hey, maybe just hope they learned from PoE launch on switch and its smoother here too? Back to my original point/quote tho. It's not dead. Chats very much alive everywhere. (i play late nights, 12-8am CST) Trade in particular. ive actually seen trade move about 1/4th as fast as PC one night as everyone and their spacemom's couldnt stop posting orders xD  I'd say playerbase is averaging about 10-20k per day for daily users. (PC hits around 50-70kish) BUT I dont have the numbers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Just a guessing man.

Oops, didnt mean too Post twice to that reply.

What of Zaw Arcanes? are PC players getting those back or not? As they are built, not farmed from eidolons. Been waiting on this since Goose said he'd look into it......i need my zaw arcanes please........so much farming.......

Can't wait. Orb vallis and the new UI would be a much welcomed change. I just hope as always that the new update fixes vomvalyst spawns so I can finally get Revenant's blueprint and work on getting better amps for Eidolon farming.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Persephekore said:

Can we maybe put a recenter-camera button on the list of feature requests? I've mostly gotten used to manual adjustment for everything, but especially with parkour and all the mobility I feel this needs an instant-center as much as Splatoon does. 

Also, I've said this before, but I want to reiterate: please don't hide the prime vault accessory packs in the Buy Platinum heading-link of the market. Please put those as visible options in the Vault heading as well. It's more intuitive, and promotes more impulse buying, if they're easibly and sensibly visible. (Honestly it took me so long to figure out where they were if not with the other vault bundles I talked myself out of buying them.) 

Other than that...hype! 

Just so you know, there is actually a reset camera feature in the settings called "Reset Camera".

Awesome news, but the new Motion Control option really blew me away. Exactly what I needed!

Anyway, PoE crashes used to happen frequently, but after DE fixed the loading times at the doors (thank god), it's become very rare now.

Awesome, really hope you pull this off well on switch. Looking forward to all the other content we should be getting at the same time, from arbitrations to khora's whiplash Aug. If the plains get fixed too with this update then it will effectively be like dropping both open worlds on us switch players at the same time! Thank you. 

9 hours ago, (NSW)Benjive said:

Your issues with the bugs are merited but the problem with your low population count is your on the European server, we all basically jumped to the North American server and the population over there is booming, I saw Cetus 23 last night (on a Tuesday!). I live in the UK so don’t worry about lag issues it still plays fine, everyone just kind of collectively jumped onto a single server to increase population, come join the fun!

There is a 6 to 9 hour time zone difference between EU and US, so I hardly doubt it's going to be any improvement.  But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I will try tonight and see for myself.

What I am more worried about is that this game is Peer 2 Peer and how this is going to affect lag due to increased distances between connecting players. Like if I suddenly get connected with someone hosting a mission on US West coast on a bad internet connection. Going to be one big warping lagfest.

There is already a huge topic about people screaming for dedicated hosted servers, as they get fed up with constant host migrations and dropped connections, losing progress and loot!

At least playing in my own EU region, I have had fairly stable connections so far, with very few host migrations other than the host itself aborting the mission.

Will you guys be fixing chroma's pelt not changing colors?

It's okay if not yet, but it's annoying having to build your colors around the default red pelt

14 hours ago, (NSW)Persephekore said:

Other than that...hype! 

The last hotfix added a re-center option. 

4 hours ago, (NSW)half_Lemon4 said:

Just wondering,  how big is the update? I only have the base memory of the switch,  as I don't have a sd card yet. 

In their ‘Nintendo @ 10’ stream yesterday they said they’re going to update us on the size as soon as they have that information.