Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

Super excited! Don't know if DE is still reading this thread, but there are a couple of other things related to the motion controls that really need to be addressed.

1) Switch Pro controller sensitivity is insanely low for some reason.

2) Mapping the recenter camera button to A, B, X, or Y makes you unable to use the corresponding warframe ability when holding R.

3) There's a very weird drifting/recentering bug when you try to use gyro slowly as you might when making little adjustments to line up a headshot, or if you just move your hands a little when running around. Hopefully I can make a vid to demonstrate, but you can reproduce it easily. It's most obvious when trying to make a long range shot with a scoped weapon like the Vectis, so if you want to test it I recommend taking a sniper into the Simulacrum with some paused targets. I'll try to describe it here: 

..........X..........

.........🎮.........

The x is your targeting reticule, 🎮 is the controller position. Your hands are still, it doesn't move. Good so far. If we slowly turn our controller to the right the camera should turn to the right.

..........:.....X....

..........:....🎮...

We're gradually turning to the right (the : shows where we were initially aiming/initial controller position). Great. But wait, now the camera stopped moving even though we're still turning the controller.

..........:.........🎮

Now stop moving the controller and keep it totally still at that position. The camera will slowly go back to the initial spot and stop there.

.........X..........

You have to be very smooth with your motions for it to go back exactly to the spot it was at, but even if you aren't, it'll still fight you to go backwards. Also if you keep trying to turn with gyro rather than stopping, it'll alternate between going the way you want a little, stopping, and going backwards a little.

If this happens when you are trying to aim at an enemies head it's infuriating. At first I thought it was aim assist or something, but I have that off as well as the melee auto targeting. If you aim quickly/snap your shots you can mitigate the problem, but that isn't particularly easy. Of course being at very close range also makes a difference since it requires less little adjustments to your aim. 

I haven't tested the pro controller (because of the sensitivity issue), but I've tried launch and brand new joycon both detached and attached. Controllers are updated and calibrated and work fine in other games. Again if I can manage to make a vid I'll post it.

On 2019-01-09 at 10:14 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

'll let you know the status on these bug fixes as well, awful bugs indeed.

Radio silence broken!!!

Awesome. Looking forward to hearing some news.

On 2019-01-09 at 4:10 PM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Ehh what??  How about making Cerus / Plains of Eidolon playable first?

How can you start thinking about releasing the Fortuna update, when people can't even play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon and progress through that content?

We barely managed to finish a single Bounty in POE without bugging out, crashing, whatever! One single bounty out of countless attempts that failed, because Enemies didn't spawn, cashes didn't spawn or crashing outright!

Cerus / POE is totally dead at the moment on Nintendo Switch, as practically everyone has given up trying to play that content.

I am totally speechless!

Fix the current mess first, before releasing another huge chunk of buggy non-working content on the Switch version. /shrug

To me, you are a bit overreacting.

Yes Cetus as bugs and do tend to be hard to play. But i dont thinks its like it is that important.

The rest of the game run pretty well and they didn't say that they won't upadate it.

To me there are more important things like the unlimited archwing rework on plains wich is really annoying yet.

For the time beiing i am happy with DE but hope they don't forget the rest of the base game.

Any reason why Mag / Nova Prime gets already vaulted in 5 days on Nintendo Switch, while all other platforms have until end of January?

That is two whole weeks!

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Any reason why Mag / Nova Prime gets already vaulted in 5 days on Nintendo Switch, while all other platforms have until end of January?

That is two whole weeks!

I was under the impression that this was a thing for all versions of the game.  Why would they do this specifically for the NS version?

@[DE]Rebecca Will the NS get the Mesa Prime access as well?  Or is that coming sometime after the Fortuna update?

thats awesome that you want to give them the best version of the update to make sure it works out and us switch players can have the best experience.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Zodryn said:

Super excited! Don't know if DE is still reading this thread, but there are a couple of other things related to the motion controls that really need to be addressed.

2) Mapping the recenter camera button to A, B, X, or Y makes you unable to use the corresponding warframe ability when holding R.

3) There's a very weird drifting/recentering bug when you try to use gyro slowly as you might when making little adjustments to line up a headshot, or if you just move your hands a little when running around. Hopefully I can make a vid to demonstrate, but you can reproduce it easily. It's most obvious when trying to make a long range shot with a scoped weapon like the Vectis, so if you want to test it I recommend taking a sniper into the Simulacrum with some paused targets. I'll try to describe it here: 

..........X..........

.........🎮.........

The x is your targeting reticule, 🎮 is the controller position. Your hands are still, it doesn't move. Good so far. If we slowly turn our controller to the right the camera should turn to the right.

We're gradually turning to the right (the : shows where we were initially aiming/initial controller position). Great. But wait, now the camera stopped moving even though we're still turning the controller.

Now stop moving the controller and keep it totally still at that position. The camera will slowly go back to the initial spot and stop there.

.........X..........

You have to be very smooth with your motions for it to go back exactly to the spot it was at, but even if you aren't, it'll still fight you to go backwards. Also if you keep trying to turn with gyro rather than stopping, it'll alternate between going the way you want a little, stopping, and going backwards a little.

If this happens when you are trying to aim at an enemies head it's infuriating. At first I thought it was aim assist or something, but I have that off as well as the melee auto targeting. If you aim quickly/snap your shots you can mitigate the problem, but that isn't particularly easy. Of course being at very close range also makes a difference since it requires less little adjustments to your aim. 

I haven't tested the pro controller (because of the sensitivity issue), but I've tried launch and brand new joycon both detached and attached. Controllers are updated and calibrated and work fine in other games. Again if I can manage to make a vid I'll post it.

WOW I thought it was just me or my controller was being a little buggy, but posting this, THANKS! 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)MorenoSuado said:

I would like to know when to leave fortune for the switch I will be able to play along with xbox or ps4?

I'm pretty sure there won't be any cross platform play going on for consoles.  I'm starting to think that the cross platform dream (even amongst consoles) is dead.  If there was going to be cross platform play they would have stated that first and foremost.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Zodryn said:

..........X..........

.........🎮.........

.........X..........

If you're actually moving the controller left and right as you show here, that would explain the problem you're seeing with sensitivity.  The left/right axis for motion is controlled by yaw on the controller, which put another way means you have to rotate the controller in place left or right not move it.  Other controllers and games offer the option to tilt the controller instead (the roll axis) which is more intuitive to me.

The current yaw axis behavior does make sense if you're using the Switch in handheld mode where the screen and the controller are attached and in the same plane at all times.  It's when you're using a Pro Controller with a stationary Switch the yaw behavior gets unintuitive. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)v1ld said:

If you're actually moving the controller left and right as you show here, that would explain the problem you're seeing with sensitivity.  The left/right axis for motion is controlled by yaw on the controller, which put another way means you have to rotate the controller in place left or right not move it.  Other controllers and games offer the option to tilt the controller instead (the roll axis) which is more intuitive to me.

The current yaw axis behavior does make sense if you're using the Switch in handheld mode where the screen and the controller are attached and in the same plane at all times.  It's when you're using a Pro Controller with a stationary Switch the yaw behavior gets unintuitive. 

The illustration was just the best I could do via text, but it's a problem regardless of what kind of motion you try.

Thanks to everyone who let me know about the new recenter button. Somehow I missed it last time we updated. ^^ Saved me a world of petty grievances. 

now if only my controller weren't so drifty (not a Warframe issue, just a joycon issue) 

Guys don't listen to haters your job is unbelievable and I hope you made a lot of money, because thanks to you maybe I can't do bounties but eidolon farming and blow the whole map with hydroid on a console in my pocket 

Don't forget that haters speak way more than people loving and playing your game, so even if it look like everyone is trashtalking there i knows the reals tennos are not there complaining but farming some prime

Another thing that its needed on Switch is some kind of visual help on Plains of Eidolon, cause all the screen its soo blurry that it's hard to difference ENEMIES from the environment 😞 PLS

5 hours ago, (NSW)Chinoui said:

console in my pocket 

Bringing back the baggy pants?

I am genuinely curious about the way you lug around this brick 😄 The Switch is a neat concept, but I have to disassemble it like a weapon to fit it into my winter coat pockets. I wish the Switch was Vita sized... maybe on day.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Landin357 said:

Another thing that its needed on Switch is some kind of visual help on Plains of Eidolon, cause all the screen its soo blurry that it's hard to difference ENEMIES from the environment 😞 PLS

Plains of Eidolon is a bit of mess at the moment on the Switch. 😞  Another issue I experienced yesterday was trying a Tier 3 bounty and failing it yet again on the Control hold step, where enemies were just not there (invisible?), yet the control % just kept going down to zero and you fail the bounty.  Really frustrating.

You could clearly see the pods dropping down, but no enemies coming out. They were just not there, but you kept losing control anyway regardless.

I am willing to put some effort in testing and reporting stuff, but I feel like it's just a waste of time, as they just don't really respond to the problems on Nintendo Switch at all. While on the PC forum they actively respond and keep putting out hotfixes, like they are doing right now.

We are just left in the dark other than an post update that the Fortuna Update is delayed with one week.

At this moment I don't care one single bit about Fortuna at all, when Plains of Eidolon is just a buggy mess on the Switch. 😞

Fortuna is even bigger and much more demanding Open Environment than Plains of Eidolon! /shrug.

They need to focus on Cetus / Plains of Eidolon first! So we can at least progress there and finish bounties consistently, instead of failing the vast majority of them due to bugs and issues.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Plains of Eidolon is a bit of mess at the moment on the Switch. 😞  Another issue I experienced yesterday was trying a Tier 3 bounty and failing it yet again on the Control hold step, where enemies were just not there (invisible?), yet the control % just kept going down to zero and you fail the bounty.  Really frustrating.

You could clearly see the pods dropping down, but no enemies coming out. There were just not there, but you kept losing control anyway regardless.

I am willing to put some effort in testing and reporting stuff, but I feel like it's just a waste of time, as they just don't really respond to the problems on Nintendo Switch at all. While on the PC forum they actively respond and keep putting out hotfixes, like they are doing right now.

We are just left in the dark other than an post update that the Fortuna Update is delayed with one week.

At this moment I don't care one single bit about Fortuna at all, when Plains of Eidolon is just a buggy mess on the Switch. 😞

Fortuna is even bigger and much more demanding Open Environment than Plains of Eidolon! /shrug.

Every one talking about it on switch, i own the game on PC and ps4 before and let me tell you that it's the same problem. It is not the switch.

The switch version as the same problems than PC or Ps4 and do have to get the same drop on ps5 when there is a lot of things going on.

What happens during this mission is that enemy who spawn from ship stays in the aire on fall trought the the map but the game considers them on it so the % drop.

I got 2 solutions for it at the time beiing:

-going on with mesa and kill with peacemaker the enemis before they can land.

Or, more difficult, getting under a shipe before the enemis land, this tend to work and they dont fall of the map.

If they do stays in the air, dont approach them, kill them with a sniper from the distant or they will fall of the map.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Dextermorgane486 said:

Every one talking about it on switch, i own the game on PC and ps4 before and let me tell you that it's the same problem. It is not the switch.

The switch version as the same problems than PC or Ps4 and do have to get the same drop on ps5 when there is a lot of things going on.

What happens during this mission is that enemy who spawn from ship stays in the aire on fall trought the the map but the game considers them on it so the % drop.

I got 2 solutions for it at the time beiing:

-going on with mesa and kill with peacemaker the enemis before they can land.

Or, more difficult, getting under a shipe before the enemis land, this tend to work and they dont fall of the map.

If they do stays in the air, dont approach them, kill them with a sniper from the distant or they will fall of the map.

It's far worse on the Switch.  I have done a ton of bounties on PC the last couple weeks and have failed maybe 1 or 2 times and that was on me. I was solo at that time and couldn't kill the guards quickly enough, before the captive exploded lol. All other bounties were a success.

On the Switch it's just one buggy mess, since the mobs really don't spawn or caches don't spawn. Like for example Camp Defense, where Lotus keeps screaming that more enemies are inbound, but it's all quiet and nothing happens. No ships in the air, no drop pods dropping. Nothing. You can hear the birds chirping so quiet lol. Timer runs out and you win defense.

Or bounty steps, where you have to kill 15 enemies in a field camp to spawn the Captain, but only 5-6 enemies are spawned and thus timer runs out and you fail. On PC, a ton of enemies spawn in those situations and you done in seconds, spawning the Captain.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

It's far worse on the Switch.  I have done a ton of bounties on PC the last couple weeks and have failed maybe 1 or 2 times and that was on me. I was solo at that time and couldn't kill the guards quickly enough, before the captive exploded lol. All other bounties were a success.

On the Switch it's just one buggy mess, since the mobs really don't spawn or caches don't spawn. Like for example Camp Defense, where Lotus keeps screaming that more enemies are inbound, but it's all quiet and nothing happens. No ships in the air, no drop pods dropping. Nothing. Timer runs out and you win defense lol.

Or bounty steps, where you have to kill 15 enemies in a field camp to spawn the Captain, but only 5-6 enemies are spawned and thus timer runs out and you fail. On PC, a ton of enemies spawn in those situations and you done in seconds, spawning the Captain.

My only problem is the saving camp on certains situations.

The rest i always found a solution and mever faild other missions other than some rare camps.

The things is i dont stay on the point like a pillar when nothing happen. I got on other camps to kill enemies and come back to the target point.

With the archwing, it is even easier.

Plus, they even comfirmed on prime time that debugs for PoE are comming with the Fortuna update so i clearly see them working on.

Now, all we can do is waiting for it comming and letting them some time after theirs vacancy. 🙂

I have faith. Personally I’ve bugged out plenty of times. I also can complete bounties by myself as well as eidolons. I’ve been dying for the fortuna update Though I’ve played some crappy mmos on steam so im used to games having some bugs. Not saving warframe is crap, I’ve played it off and on since it first came out and the switch version is my farthest account. Im pleased personally with how the game has developed