Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

29 minutes ago, (NSW)darthsidious said:

hey guys is this today fortuna on nintendo switch ? or is this next week ?

On 2019-01-09 at 12:45 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

On 2019-01-09 at 12:04 PM, (NSW)Katsuro said:

PoE runs fine on switch except some glares and door waiting time and most of all eidolon crash and I finished every bounty with no problems maybe it has something to do with low internet connection.

that truly is the problem in most cases. and sadly DE cant magic away everyone's internet connectivity issues.
as someone who's also experienced this game on a toaster of a PC, and on xboxone, i can tell you that alot of the fortuna updates also fixed some of the mayjor issues Cetus was having stability wise for a while. so i have hope that when the fortuna update hits the switch, we'll be seeing those same optimizations for Cetus in the process as well. Have faith folks! 
Also, we haven't even gotten fortuna on the switch yet and already some folks in region chat are shouting "nerf baruuk"
Whats up with that?!
#DontNerfBaruuk

Can we at least get info on the approximate filesize of the coming update? Need to know if internal storage will be enough or if i need to redownload the game onto an SD card

On 2019-01-11 at 3:53 AM, (NSW)Zodryn said:

Super excited! Don't know if DE is still reading this thread, but there are a couple of other things related to the motion controls that really need to be addressed.

Yep, the first part about the low sens and the drift is annoying. I hope they fix it.

On 2019-01-10 at 4:55 AM, (NSW)v1ld said:

Any chance of a "Use Roll axis for X/Y motion control" option too?  It's currently locked to the Yaw axis which while intuitive if you're using the Switch in handheld mode is confusing when using a controller - you have to move the controller like a steering wheel for left/right instead of tilt like with other controllers or even other Switch games with the Pro Controller (Fortnite).

Thanks for these updates and all your other comms, it's much appreciated.  I've even become a fan of the devstream and am even watching the old ones to see how the game has evolved and also because it's like a good show in itself with a fun cast of colorful characters.

I've gotten used to it and probably can't go back, but rolling was the first thing I tried. It is hard to comfortably turn the controller on its yaw axis very far (which is made worse by the pro pad having really low sensitivity on the yaw axis)

On 2019-01-10 at 6:08 AM, (NSW)EDarkness said:

Can we just get a 100% motion aiming option?  Use it for everything (moving cursor, turning screen, selecting and dragging mods, etc.).  Using the analog stick for moving around menus when we have a good gyro option is pretty crazy. 

I like this idea.

Unrelated to the gyro stuff, will nintennos ever get the pyrus project so we can rebuild strata relay?

2 hours ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

I've gotten used to it and probably can't go back, but rolling was the first thing I tried. It is hard to comfortably turn the controller on its yaw axis very far (which is made worse by the pro pad having really low sensitivity on the yaw axis) 

Roll makes diagonal movement significantly easier than yaw.  Twisting your wrist while moving the controller up/down is not easy to pull off or build feel for.  Would be even better if we could truly use gyro everywhere in the interface, which would rock.

I too would love to know if the Switch will get to do all the events from the past?  I've been looking at old devstreams and it's a pity that we don't have that content along with the mods that came with them.

Since it's gonna be a first big update for Switch - I have a question as a person who copied profile from PC: I've had a Nezha deluxe skin and a lot of cosmetics from Tennogen. Will I recieve them again when Frotuna update drops? Or I will have to buy them all again?

The only issues I have experienced with PoE outside of the first week of the game's release are

1.) Door opening slowly

2.) The same game crashes that plague other always online games like Paladins and fortnite. I would say it's more of a hard/firmware than software issue.

3.) The occasional fps slowdown that happens randomly anywhere

4.) The rare occasion of a defend area against hostiles not spawning enemies yet draining the defense percentage.

5.) Vomvalysts not spawning every now and then. 

But I certainly haven't experienced the hell nightmare others have described of not being able to enter Cetus without crashing. I set out to focus farm on Saturday and managed to complete 11 Teralyst raids with only one instance of a crash before the doors even opened.

I Just Need 2 things:

- Fix Vomvalysts spawn rate, me and my friends are stuck at the Gauntlyst because we NEVER fill up the lures vs him(and Teralyst)and have to run around(wasting tons of archwing launchers in the process) dealing with 75% shield instead of 50%, and we often have to wait and stall for more Vomvalyst to spawn during the final phase when you have to actually kill the big guy because 1 of the 3 lures required Is Always empty. Without this issue we could cut the time to kill the gaunt in half

- Enable roll gyro for the pro controller. Atm its perfect in handheld and awful with a pro controller

I can live with small issue like enemies not spawning 1 time out of 20 bounties but Gyro and Vomv are serious issues

On 2019-01-09 at 10:10 AM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Ehh what??  How about making Cerus / Plains of Eidolon playable first?

How can you start thinking about releasing the Fortuna update, when people can't even play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon and progress through that content?

We barely managed to finish a single Bounty in POE without bugging out, crashing, whatever! One single bounty out of countless attempts that failed, because Enemies didn't spawn, cashes didn't spawn or crashing outright!

Cerus / POE is totally dead at the moment on Nintendo Switch, as practically everyone has given up trying to play that content.

I am totally speechless!

Fix the current mess first, before releasing another huge chunk of buggy non-working content on the Switch version. /shrug

I am able to play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon without experiencing crashes or whatever, maybe a few rare bugs and some fps drop that is not that big of a deal, I can still enjoy that content and I currently have 600 hours on the game since it came out on the switch. It is just you who are being over dramatic and salty, yeah sure they still have some bugs to fix and they are still trying, yet they don’t want to keep us waiting for Fortuna big update. They are working hard for their players, and you here complaining about that ? You should check yourself.

I don’t even confirm about people giving up playing on Eidolon because I can still get a full squad a lot of times when I play bounty.

1 hour ago, Kachow said:

I am able to play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon without experiencing crashes or whatever, maybe a few rare bugs and some fps drop that is not that big of a deal, I can still enjoy that content and I currently have 600 hours on the game since it came out on the switch. It is just you who are being over dramatic and salty, yeah sure they still have some bugs to fix and they are still trying, yet they don’t want to keep us waiting for Fortuna big update. They are working hard for their players, and you here complaining about that ? You should check yourself.

I don’t even confirm about people giving up playing on Eidolon because I can still get a full squad a lot of times when I play bounty.

Good for you!  So the rest of us are just lying hmmm?   I have been trying really hard struggling through PoE bounties last two weeks (as people like you keep claiming there are no issues and that there were 50 instances of Cerus during peak time (lies)) and have so far failed over 70% of the bounties on Switch due to bugs and issues (enemies don't spawn or are hidden, caches not spawning,etc). 

This compared to a nearly 100% success rate on the PC!  So I am not some noob that doesn't know how to do bounties. as I also play the game on PC.

I have now finally barely managed to get the first two pieces of Gara blueprints via completed Tier 1 and Tier 2 bounties, but I have not been able to complete a single Tier 3 bounty on the Switch. I have given up on that for now.

No one is doing anything higher than Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Squads mostly contain new players trying out Cerus for first time). I have yet to find a Squad for Tier 3 during EU Prime time. I even tried switching to North America zone, as others were claiming it had much higher population, to no avail. Not suprising since there is a 6 to 9 hour time zone difference.

It's completely different with Fissures and other Daily/Hourly activities which give instant Squad match-ups. That is what most of the Switch population is doing currently.

17 hours ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

Since it's gonna be a first big update for Switch - I have a question as a person who copied profile from PC: I've had a Nezha deluxe skin and a lot of cosmetics from Tennogen. Will I recieve them again when Frotuna update drops? Or I will have to buy them all again?

If and When we get tennogen content on the switch, i think you'll have your tennogen skin automatically added on your switch account, if i understood the way the Porting of PC content works. just like i'll have my K-drive again when fortuna finally comes to the switch
trust me i want them to give us our tennogen content on thw switch too! i have the Horus skin for Inaros and i miss using it so dang much!
Not to mention my Graxx skin for Harrow!

xD
(also would love to see my Ignus WRAITH from PC appear on my switch account so i'm all for the return of past events for the switch and even other consoles, it like my poor Excalibur Prime never ported over.)
#RIPPCBoundBlingPrime

Cetus is buggy, right, but I've been able to do bounties (gara and revenant) and as per Eidolons, only managed to capture Gantulyst.

It bothers me more not seeing a single dargyn and having a veiled riven since weeks.

The glappid bait is also annoying.

Things is some bugs are workaroundable, others are not 

Honestly, I’ve played almost only cetus and the bounties were indeed really bad at the start when it had released but I feel like it got fixed (idk if the hotfix 3 was for switch or not I don’t remember) but I feel like it fixed a lot of the issue, also whoever claims that enemies don’t spawn, don’t complain because they do spawn but they are too far (100-200m) and don’t move, unless you approach them and they actually start being bots. It’s like a given bounty, sure there are some crashes here and there but the bounties atm are actually in our favor. My only issue is that we should fix the timers because the only missions I have difficulty with are the kill 15 enemies and then assassinate the enemy who appears after the action

my main issue is I noticed that when you’re in an action menu (foundry, Arsenal, etc) and you type in chat, 50% of the time you’ll crash for some reason, obviously this won’t happen if you’re not tabbed in a menu, I’m guessing it’s related to a cpu overload or something but yea

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Ryuuzaki said:

Cetus is buggy, right, but I've been able to do bounties (gara and revenant) and as per Eidolons, only managed to capture Gantulyst.

It bothers me more not seeing a single dargyn and having a veiled riven since weeks.

The glappid bait is also annoying.

Things is some bugs are workaroundable, others are not 

Totally agree, the bugs like enemies that spawn in mid air and stuff is easy to counter with either a sniper or a archwing launcher. I’ve managed to do tridolons every day and the only reason I wouldn’t capture a hydro on some of them is due to my teams performance. 

Plains of Eidolon are at least okay for me, except for the enemy spawn. Sometimes they spawn in the air or it's that SINGLE ONE enemy that you have to kill before new one spawns. 

Fought about 50 Teralyst and in 2/3 of times i have to wait in the last phase for Vomvalysts. No big problem, but thats the reason i didn't try the other two. 

Dargyn only spawned 2 times in 600h. The first time i saw one was in a Sortie and i was like..."what is that?!?", second time was in Tier 5 Bounties.

Host Migration is another case. If that happens....dear god...my advice is just leave the plains. 

Fishes don't spawn at all for me after host migration and the worst thing is, it resets the shields of Eidolons..

hey guys when will this release fortuna for switch and is that with dev stream on nintendo@10 or is this now today ? but i want play with open squad and this is seems a bug no others join on mission and cetus/plains will no others join but is there a hotfix with fortuna that will be today or afternoon or morning ?

I've done countless bounties on cetus.

It never happened, not even once that the caches don't spawn, out of countless runs, they spawn in 100% of times, so i think someone is stretching that (or just salty)

There are two issues i experience:

1. Enemies don't always spawn (usually 1/7 runs is ruined by this)

2 Crashes. The crashes seem to have been somewhat fixed lately, the first few weeks it was really horrible, i would experience a crash every few hours of play, right now it happens rarely, i do 5 runs and no crashes, i think that is very much reasonable. Haven't really had crashes in the past 8 hours of play.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Avantgardian:

It never happened, not even once that the caches don't spawn, out of countless runs, they spawn in 100% of times, so i think someone is stretching that (or just salty)

They always spawn at least in my bounties. BUT sometimes they spawn in a cave and the entrance is outside of the circle. 

For me, the only problem with Cetus/ Cerus/ Fetus is the enemy not spawning.
And it happens WAY too often IMO

2 hours ago, (NSW)Ryuuzaki said:

Did you actually manage to complete the Revenant Quest? Mine is stuck after I collected and crafted all of the parts. The last phase where you get the BP simply doesn't trigger.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Did you actually manage to complete the Revenant Quest? Mine is stuck after I collected and crafted all of the parts. The last phase where you get the BP simply doesn't trigger.

I remember starting revenant quest by the time i already had all three parts created so yes,for me was a quick thing once i got the mask.