[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Lucaru said:

I hope it comes on my birthday at least (Feb 2).

It probably won’t because they had the cert window was this week

On 2019-01-09 at 7:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

We have added on major Motion Control feature request to the build as well -

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

really like an update at some point...

Edited by (NSW)ShadowReaper21

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

January 18 Update:

Our teams have just gotten to the bottom of a recently discovered multi-player crash today, so our Submission window to Cert is now next week. It's a big one and we want to do it right - sorry for the prolonged process, but we'd rather not rush it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

January 18 Update:

Our teams have just gotten to the bottom of a recently discovered multi-player crash today, so our Submission window to Cert is now next week. It's a big one and we want to do it right - sorry for the prolonged process, but we'd rather not rush it.

Can you guys at least fix the color issues on our primes? It's a bit bothersome to look at.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

No problem but stop saying "next week" as it build hight expectations 🙂

just do it right and when you are ready then tell it to us.

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

again next week that all shame is that that is no fun your devs will get all do next week and that is no fun 😞😞 😞😞 😢 😢😢 😢 

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-01-09 at 4:44 PM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I might sound harsh, but it really is a serious issue that is harming Warframe's population on the Nintendo Switch. I really notice that player activity has taken a serious nose dive the last week or so, where it's now really hard to find other players to fill up squads in regular missions, other than daily/hourly runs and relic runs.

I am forced to play mostly Solo now, since there aren't enough online anymore. Region chat has died out other than the occasional new player question and recruitment / trading chat is completely dead. This during European Peak time.

Same with Cetus, during peak time there is like one single instance of Cetus, with only a handful of people. Almost everyone has stopped bothering trying to do POE, since bounties cannot be completed. This compared to 10 instances of Cetus on other platforms (XB and PC) at same time, and that with most focusing on the Fortuna content there.

So instead of focusing on certifying Fortuna for the Nintendo Switch, you should optimize the core game first, so we can play more than 5 waves of Defense (or more than 5 excavations), before the game starts lagging, freezing and becoming unplayable due to increasing number of Mob spawns. I don't even want to try Nightmare on the Switch.

Most importantly! Make Cetus / Plains of Eidolon actually work, so people can actually play and progress through that content first!

It's giving new players a very bad early impression of the game on Switch, since Cetus is accessible very early in the game and it's just not working. Leaving people with a sour taste in their mouth, thinking how the rest of the game will be and ultimately driving them away. Which is exactly what seems to be happening now. 😞

On 2019-01-09 at 4:44 PM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I might sound harsh, but it really is a serious issue that is harming Warframe's population on the Nintendo Switch. I really notice that player activity has taken a serious nose dive the last week or so, where it's now really hard to find other players to fill up squads in regular missions, other than daily/hourly runs and relic runs.

I am forced to play mostly Solo now, since there aren't enough online anymore. Region chat has died out other than the occasional new player question and recruitment / trading chat is completely dead. This during European Peak time.

Same with Cetus, during peak time there is like one single instance of Cetus, with only a handful of people. Almost everyone has stopped bothering trying to do POE, since bounties cannot be completed. This compared to 10 instances of Cetus on other platforms (XB and PC) at same time, and that with most focusing on the Fortuna content there.

So instead of focusing on certifying Fortuna for the Nintendo Switch, you should optimize the core game first, so we can play more than 5 waves of Defense (or more than 5 excavations), before the game starts lagging, freezing and becoming unplayable due to increasing number of Mob spawns. I don't even want to try Nightmare on the Switch.

Most importantly! Make Cetus / Plains of Eidolon actually work, so people can actually play and progress through that content first!

It's giving new players a very bad early impression of the game on Switch, since Cetus is accessible very early in the game and it's just not working. Leaving people with a sour taste in their mouth, thinking how the rest of the game will be and ultimately driving them away. Which is exactly what seems to be happening now. 😞

I surely haven’t played PoE that extensively, but I didn’t have a single crash when on it. I had a few crashes with the game, but most of them happened when I was idling in the Orbiter. 

Also I have been doing defense/excavation missions for 10-15 rounds straight and even survival for 20+ minutes and have experienced no slowdowns, just some lag now and then which anyway was there since the start of the mission. 

I’m sure there may be people with strong issues in certain areas of the game, but I don’t think they’re so massive as you make them sound, at least not in my direct experience. 

Many issues could be traced back to bad/faulty SD cards, bad network connection or corrupted game files. It also helps a full system reboot now and then. 

I also think that a game like Warframe can’t afford to slow down updates to fix everything else, more so if the issues are not game breaking for almost the entirety of its player base. I’m sorry for those that have issues and they will definitely be fixed as soon as possible, but at the same time the devs need to push out “new” content, otherwise the player base will really start to nosedive because people get bored by the lack of new content. 

• Applause 1

switch bought me back to this game and at first i thought i wanted motion only while aiming but now i cant imagine using it that way. i also cant see myself going back to PC mouse keyboard or steam controller after the epic goodness that is joycons !

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Gosh. I mean we appreciate that you guys are trying to make this update perfect but I agree with the other user. You shouldn’t keep telling us “next week, next week” until it’s really “next week” because we were excited but right now we’re just annoyed and disappointed. This post shouldn’t have have been made in the first place until the update was really ready to be submitted for certification. Like I said, we do appreciate how hard you guys are working but for the next big update please don’t repeat this same mistake. That said, can we at least get the fix for the color bug?? I know you said it will be included in the Fortuna update but it looks like it’s going to take a while for that update to go live. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
spelling
  • Applause 1

I honestly don’t mind waiting however long it takes for Fortuna to be ready (same with Tennogen - finally mentioned last dev stream that we’re getting a huge drop soon so +1 for that!) I understand these things can take time, but is there any possible chance of a hotfix purely just for the colour bug? It’s been almost a month now and a huge part of what makes Warframe great is the customisation and it sucks to have to keep using the default colours!

I hope the Repala syandana is one of the TennoGen items being added to Switch soon. That’s honestly the only TennoGen item I really want. 

Mostly curious, is there a chance we will see a fix for the inability to chat while using wireless headsets in docked mode with this patch? Someone else also asked but it seems to be drowned out between Fashion Framers and Cetus is borked/Cetus is not borked players.

I just want to be able to voice chat with my clan without having to play in handheld or going buy a 15 ft headset extension lol

2 hours ago, (NSW)BKoopa said:

Mostly curious, is there a chance we will see a fix for the inability to chat while using wireless headsets in docked mode with this patch? Someone else also asked but it seems to be drowned out between Fashion Framers and Cetus is borked/Cetus is not borked players.

I just want to be able to voice chat with my clan without having to play in handheld or going buy a 15 ft headset extension lol

Dunno  if they gonna do something about it, but if that helps: you can install Discord on your mobile phone, connect headset to it and voice chat there!

I already do that, but that isn't a solution. That's just an alternate option when the game already supports in game voice chat. 😐

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 3:58 AM, Dextermorgane486 said:

No problem but stop saying "next week" as it build hight expectations 🙂

just do it right and when you are ready then tell it to us.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Personally I appreciate that they give us expected dates and let us know what is going on.  I'd much rather have them say "next week" every week with a note on what happened if they can't make the date like they have been doing.  I enjoy DE's communication with the community.  It's one of the things I like about this game.

Please keep giving us updates!

2 hours ago, (NSW)Avantgardian said:

So when a build finally gets to this "cert", how long does it take to complete "cert" and be submitted to the game store?

When they submit the update for certification Nintendo will have to do their own QA on the update. It can take up to two weeks for Nintendo to approve it. When it gets approved it's up to DE to decide when it goes live. 

On 2019-01-09 at 8:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

January 18 Update:

Any word on USB headsets not working for voice chat?

Guys, Idk If this will help with your framerate, but turning motion blur off and setting the gpu particles to medium made a big improvement for me. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you get some use out of this info dump.

Is this patch going to finally fix vomvalyst spawns? I don't care as much about the new stuff, I want the old stuff to work correctly first; it is insanely frustrating to deal with the lack of spawns.

• Upvote 1

On 2019-01-19 at 9:26 PM, (NSW)Zyro said:

Personally I appreciate that they give us expected dates and let us know what is going on.  I'd much rather have them say "next week" every week with a note on what happened if they can't make the date like they have been doing.  I enjoy DE's communication with the community.  It's one of the things I like about this game.

Please keep giving us updates!

This is exactly what I was thinking, I really do appreciate the updates.

On 2019-01-19 at 8:03 AM, (NSW)Benjive said:

I honestly don’t mind waiting however long it takes for Fortuna to be ready (same with Tennogen - finally mentioned last dev stream that we’re getting a huge drop soon so +1 for that!) I understand these things can take time, but is there any possible chance of a hotfix purely just for the colour bug? It’s been almost a month now and a huge part of what makes Warframe great is the customisation and it sucks to have to keep using the default colours!

+1 for the colour bugs. I know it’s not game breaking but it sucks that I can’t FULLY customize my warframe. I really do hope this gets fixed soon.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, (NSW)MrDerpHerpin said:

Guys, Idk If this will help with your framerate, but turning motion blur off and setting the gpu particles to medium made a big improvement for me. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you get some use out of this info dump.

It helps a little bit. It's one of the first things I did. Otherwise Cetus and PoE is completely unplayable.

But it doesn't help much on situations when you have an insane amount of mobs spawn, like in Nightmare missions, Defense missions beyond wave 10 or doing more than 8 or so excavations at a time, before it becomes too intense for the Switch version to handle. People wanting to do endless missions. Well good luck lol.

So I just avoid Nightmare as much as I can or do too many waves, as I just get tired of dying due to being killed by invisible monsters or suddenly see your health instantly go to zero and die due to lag!

For example. Yesterday when I tried to do a Nightmare Alert, I was surrounded by tons of infested mobs hammering on me and nothing happened to my shield and health. I just keep on killing everything around me like some invincible God lol. Total mayhem. Then when everything was dead, couple seconds later my health suddenly and instantly dropped to zero and I died. ROFL! This has happened quite a few times lately.

They still have a lot of optimization to do and that's why I am worried they might rush the Fortuna update too quickly, as that Open world zone is larger and even more demanding than Plains of Eidolon!

Fortuna will become old very quickly, if people constantly die due to invisible enemies and lag. 😞

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1