[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

7 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

It helps a little bit. It's one of the first things I did. Otherwise Cetus and PoE is completely unplayable.

But it doesn't help much on situations when you have an insane amount of mobs spawn, like in Nightmare missions, Defense missions beyond wave 10 or doing more than 8 or so excavations at a time, before it becomes too intense for the Switch version to handle. People wanting to do endless missions. Well good luck lol.

So I just avoid Nightmare as much as I can or do too many waves, as I just get tired of dying due to being killed by invisible monsters or suddenly see your health instantly go to zero and die due to lag!

For example. Yesterday when I tried to do a Nightmare Alert, I was surrounded by tons of infested mobs hammering on me and nothing happened to my shield and health. I just keep on killing everything around me like some invincible God lol. Total mayhem. Then when everything was dead, couple seconds later my health suddenly and instantly dropped to zero and I died. ROFL! This has happened quite a few times lately.

They still have a lot of optimization to do and that's why I am worried they might rush the Fortuna update too quickly, as that Open world zone is larger and even more demanding than Plains of Eidolon!

Fortuna will become old very quickly, if people constantly die due to invisible enemies and lag. 😞

Man, i've done with my team an 1 hour survival with no problem at all... i don't know what problem you have with this system but to me the normal missions where perfectly fine and didn't had a single issue.

So every time it makes me sruprised because you sound like the game is unplayable but for me it was just some little crash. Nothing more.

• Woah 1

Yes keep attacking me for being the only one with these problems.

I guess all the other people complaining in the Switch bug forums are wrong too huh!

We are all making it up and lying right!

And while we are at it, the devs are lying too, when admitting there performance issues with Cetus.

You must have one super special Switch system that magically have zero issues with performance and bugs.

PS. I am not talking about normal missions, like the stories, capture, spy, mobile defense and exterminate. Those run suprisingly buttersmooth without many issues other than an occasional bug.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I guess all the other people complaining in the Switch bug forums are wrong too huh!

And while we are at it, the devs are lying too, when admitting there performance issues with Cetus.

You must have one super special Switch system that magically have zero issues with performance and bugs.

PS. I am not talking about normal missions, like the stories, capture, spy, mobile defense and exterminate. Those run suprisingly buttersmooth without many issues other than an occasional bug.

Dude, no one is saying there aren't problems that could be fixed but you're making everything sound 10x worse than it really is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Saying that they don't share the same experience is not an attack. Enough with this sensitivity and focus on the big picture and acknowledge other people's different experiences. 

I do have problems with the game crashing. Some days I don't get crashes some days it happens 3 times. 

The framerate are is also crappy especially when playing with 4 people on a defense or survival node for 30 mins. 

There are bugs and glitches in the game (like the one I posted where the screen just froze while trying to change mods or when I was trying to kill Kela de Thaym but for some reason I got stuck on the circle platform and when I used /unstuck, I got teleported back down and have no way of getting back up so I had to abort the mission) that are really annoying and disruptive. 

But the game was never unplayable (which what you make it sound to be). 

Sure sometimes these crashes and glitches are very annoying. Losing 30 mins of loot because the game decided to die is not cool. But this doesn't happen to me at least 90% of the time I play. 

Cetus and PoE performance are not smooth. But generally I've been able to do bounties and hunt eidolon with 4 people with no problems (aside from one friend who lives far away with a bad internet connection which usually disconnects) 

I've died to lag but that's because my ping was high playing on other people's hosts (I play with people on the other side of the world). But this was never the case when I'm the host. Also never died or had an invisible enemy. 

Again, no one is attacking you. We're just talking about the game and our own experiences. Saying "nah man I don't have those problems" is not about being against you.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, (NSW)RoyalSnek said:

Dude, no one is saying there aren't problems that could be fixed but you're making everything sound 10x worse than it really is.

I am not making it 10 times worse than it really is. I am just writing down my overall experience with the game and give an opinion.

Since I know what Fortuna is, trying it on PC. I am just worried it's going to be one big lagfest on the Switch, if they don't pull off some serious optimization magic before launching this update. So I am glad they have postponed three(?) times now. I want them to take their time.

I do admit that my bounty experiences on PoE the last week or so have improved and now manage to complete more bounties than before. Maybe last week's server upgrades had some part in this. Lets hope so.

But there are still lot of annoying bugs and issues with PoE on the Switch, like:

- Not enough mobs or not at all spawn on bounty locations. Result: Failed bounty.

- Invisible mobs (and no they are not floating in the air) taking over defense position, with you being powerless to do anything: Result: Failed bounty.

- Greineer Caches not always spawning on location. Result: Failed bounty.

Then there are performance issues like serious lag during large number of greineer spawns, with framerates dipping below 10fps turning it into a Matrix bullet time slow motion experience.

Today was even more hilarious (and I was even host), where greineer splatoons were spawning along the Satellite/Drone route and just stood there in the field like lifeless statues doing nothing and we could just kill them off like target practice.

--------------------

When it comes to Defense and Excavation missions. I am not saying the game becomes unplayable beyond 10 waves/8 excavations. It just becomes extremely laggy and annoying to continue, with mobs annoyingly difficult and time consuming to kill as they are just warping all over the place due to lag and low framerates. This is why in a lot of PuG Squads I played, most people just go the extraction after 8 or so excavations or select extraction after 10 defense waves to reset and start over.

It's the same with Nightmare mode missions on some locations, where either the environment rendering is taking up too much resources on the Switch or a too high number of mobs spawning, slowing the system down to a crawl and then dying due to the lag / low framerates!

-------------------

Again! I am not hating on the game! Overall I am enjoying the game a lot on the Switch for the all the stuff that does work remarkably well.

I just hope they can get better control over the performance and manage to make much needed performace optimizations soon and also fix most of the annoying bugs. Hopefully with the Fortuna update.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

I was trying to kill Kela de Thaym but for some reason I got stuck on the circle platform and when I used /unstuck, I got teleported back down and have no way of getting back up so I had to abort the mission) that are really annoying and disruptive

Don't skip cinematic, it's be better.

i swear it's gotta have something to do with progressive rendering, I don't think it's too demanding, probably just a memory leak involving texture filters, I've noticed that whenever i start to have bad fps dips the textures constantly pop in, very noticeable when doing defense or drill missions with 4 players.

On 2019-01-09 at 3:45 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

We have added on major Motion Control feature request to the build as well -

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

January 18 Update:

Our teams have just gotten to the bottom of a recently discovered multi-player crash today, so our Submission window to Cert is now next week. It's a big one and we want to do it right - sorry for the prolonged process, but we'd rather not rush it.

Wow

23 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Gee I guess I got one of those magic Switches too because somehow I've managed to either kill or cap the Teralyst 47 times and have completed the Tricap 10 times. I've farmed enough resources in open roam to build two amps. I've gotten enough rep to get me to rank 4 with Cetus.

And yes I've had bugs and crashes along the way but the key is to keep trying usually after a crash there isn't a second one with whatever content you're doing. At least not on the same run. But to say PoE and especially Cetus are UNPLAYABLE (Cetus in particular I've never had any problems other than FPS slowdown) is hyperbolic and untrue. You're either grossly exaggerating or are giving up at the first sign of technical difficulty. Completely unplayable means you cannot ever complete content without the game failing. And if that's you're experience, either your Switch is busted or you're not trying again after a crash.

And FWIW this isn't an experience unique to Warframe. I would have similar game crashes in Paladins, so my theory is that the Switch's network infrastructure/hardware isn't the most stable.

I will say that crashed are rather related to some memory leak.

Planes was horrible during hotfix 2, but when hotfix 3 comes is more okey, crashed happens but on acceptable level.

But way was not okey is 100m AI limit, when enemies are far than about 100m they AI stop working (for performance). So if in camp defence some enemies spawn outside 100m they will not come to pleyers and can nuke control gauge when you are serching for them. Also spawn limit works strange on planes sometimes adds dont spawn until you kill last enemy in this 100m range.

Edited by (NSW)zook-pl
  • Upvote 1

Let's not backseat dev so much and hate on people with legit complaints. We love the game but there are issues. Let's support DE in  their effort of fixing them. They delayed Fortuna to fix crashes. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

:clap: Kudos to the peacemakers in this, we need them now more than ever what with the frustration with Fortuna and all

Please be nicer to others, makes the world (or at least this community) a better place 😕

29 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Let's not backseat dev so much and hate on people with legit complaints. We love the game but there are issues. Let's support DE in  their effort of fixing them. They delayed Fortuna to fix crashes. 

There's a huge difference between trying to call people out on overconflating the issues and playing armchair dev.

The problem with one player or more claiming that Cetus and PoE are unplayable in a thread with an official status update that many players will see is that new players will believe that in earnest. I saw a guy buy Redeemer Prime for four hundred plat yesterday even though once Fortuna does drop and the relics drop more commonly, they'll be easy to farm as there are only three parts and no axi relics involved (point being that even though the relics are harder to get right now there's no reason a weapon that will be easily farmable very soon ought to be priced higher than all active prime sets besides Mesa P, yet the gullible nature of the new players is pervasive and exploitable). New players are spending their time from MR 1-MR6 trying to figure out what's going on. PoE isn't strictly essential to progression but there are many benefits to doing bounties there (augur mods in particular can be very helpful early on). A new player sees that PoE is unplayable and they might not to bother until an update is released, thus limiting their progression potential. But the truth is that bugged and unsmooth as it is, it IS playable. Claims to the contrary should be refuted. 

It's not about hating on Jeronan and members making similar claims as it is drawing hyperbole about the situation back to reality. Plains of Eidolon is occasionally messy and definitely needs stability improvements. But it is entirely possible to do any of the content. 

EDIT: Mesa Prime Access out now. Boy I hope that kid who overpaid on Redeemer Prime last night doesn't regret his decision.

Edited by (NSW)TabascoJones
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Been having some serious crashes in the last few days.  Losing all of my progress on a defense mission is really frustrating.  I hope this new patch will address stuff like this. 

16 hours ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

Don't skip cinematic, it's be better.

Thanks. Will keep that in mind. Ik it's kinda dumb to just realize that now but I tend to be impatient with repetitive cinematic so I never cared to wait lol.

Alright guys, can we please stop arguing? It saddens me that we're going at this for weeks. I know this community is better than this.

With that said, I personally haven't had any major issues with Cetus and the Plains of Eldolon (or, well, as flawless as you can get on the Nintendo Switch).

I'm not asking us to pretend like there are no issues with the game, because they are, and let's not pretend that there are certain areas of the game that aren't playable for everyone, because, for a lot of people, it still is, but can we please calmly talk about them without insulting each, saying that we're bad at playing the game, that we're overreacting, liars, and other things? Why do we need to do this?

At the very least, can we help DE at least a little bit in terms of showing what problems are happening (whether it's through gameplay screenshots or videos), or some kind of demonstration? Just saying it through words won't help too much because what if DE just isn't experiencing those problems (if a lot of people aren't experiencing some of these issues, then it's still possible for DE to experience the same). Videos and screenshots go a long way to help out the developer in figuring out where the problem is originating.

That's all I'd have to say on the matter. Let's keep the chat constructive, alright? 🙂 

Edited by (NSW)ChrisJr
Forgot to add a couple of words; removed a redundant word.
  • Applause 1

Any update on the cert submission? I keep thinking today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. Curse this working retail with random days off in the middle of the week. >.>

2 hours ago, (NSW)Kromatia said:

Any update on the cert submission? I keep thinking today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. Curse this working retail with random days off in the middle of the week. >.>

In Friday’s devstream they said they’ll submit it to cert on Monday. It’s Wednesday today, guess it’s being delayed for a fourth time. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

In Friday’s devstream they said they’ll submit it to cert on Monday. It’s Wednesday today, guess it’s being delayed for a fourth time. 

I think that was more of a joke than a cert...

13 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

More of a joke? What do you mean?

They did not said "Monday" in a serious tone.
It was more of a joke than a cert.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

They did not said "Monday" in a serious tone.
It was more of a joke than a cert.

No. Not sure what made you think they were joking around. I think you should watch the Devstream again (skip to 12:00)

Sheldon: "hopefully we'll get this out on Monday?"

Rebecca: To cert? Yes, next week is the new target.

-----

Where is the joke here? Lol.

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

4 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

No. Not sure what made you think they were joking around. I think you should watch the Devstream again (skip to 12:00)

Sheldon: "hopefully we'll get this out on Monday?"

Rebecca: To cert? Yes, next week is the new target.

-----

Where is the joke here? Lol.

For me Sheldon's question was a joke and Rebecca just said it was aimed for the next week (not monday)

btw, they confirmed on Switch live today, not this week, but we'll have "something to do" on the weekend

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

For me Sheldon's question was a joke and Rebecca just said it was aimed for the next week (not monday)

btw, they confirmed on Switch live today, not this week, but we'll have "something to do" on the weekend

I didn't see it as a joke. Anyway, yeah I watched today's Nintendo stream and yes they did say they have a couple surprises for this weekend. Wonder what they have planned.