[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

11 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I didn't see it as a joke. Anyway, yeah I watched today's Nintendo stream and yes they did say they have a couple surprises for this weekend. Wonder what they have planned.

Probably Pleague Star or Ghouls stuff

these devstream say monday 

and rebecca say next week cert 

and that mean joke will the joke to say

and your devs will not hard work for that joke lol and that is no fun that sheldon say and rebecca too on devstream!

Edited by (NSW)darthsidious

38 minutes ago, (NSW)darthsidious said:

these devstream say monday 

and rebecca say next week cert 

and that mean joke will the joke to say

and your devs will not hard work for that joke lol and that is no fun that sheldon say and rebecca too on devstream!

Keep in mind that Warframe Switch not only depends on DE, it also depends on the people from Panic Batton and they are also improving the whole game, not only adding Fortuna.
So, for DE to update the game, they have to wait Panic Batton finish their polishing AND check for bugs.
Also, unlike PC, it's not possible to release Hotfixes from left and right on console, so EVERY update needs to be as perfect ad possible for the players.

If you think they're not trying hard enough, just imagine how it is for Rebecca be the one who brings the bad news, imagine how the devs feel when they have a playable version of the update, but have to delay just to refine even more.

As for the "joke", that's just how I interpreted, maybe Sheldon was serious, maybe he was joking just to break the mood.

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo
  • Upvote 1

Can we get a few "Sunday streams" by Steve (or his Nintendo Switch Dev Team counterpart), just rambling about the technical details and challenges of it all?

I am super interested how you manage to squeeze the game onto Switch, it would really make the wait go by quicker :)

Love this port, want to know more!

On 2019-01-09 at 8:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

Hey all!

If you've been awaiting news about Part 1 of the massive 'FORTUNA' update for Nintendo Switch - this is the thread to check!

Our team and the Panic Button team are working together to refine and optimize the update for Nintendo Switch. We are aiming to send it to Cert TOMORROW, January 10!

The Cert process is necessary for all our partners to ensure the update passes hardware and playability tests. This is our first major update on Nintendo Switch, so we'll keep you informed on the process and more! We'll keep you posted on download size information and more in this thread.

We have added on major Motion Control feature request to the build as well -

- Added in a new 'Motion Control' option to enable them only when aiming down the sights.

Cheers and stay tuned!

January 10 Update:

We won't be submitting today, our new window is next week! We really want to optimize and submit the best Update we can with all teams working toward that goal, so we'll keep you posted next week with submission status.

January 18 Update:

Our teams have just gotten to the bottom of a recently discovered multi-player crash today, so our Submission window to Cert is now next week. It's a big one and we want to do it right - sorry for the prolonged process, but we'd rather not rush it.

I'd like to say how impressed and happy I am about how much you guys work for this game. I know there's always going to be those who demand more when you've given them all that you're currently capable of but I'm sure there are others out there like me who appreciate and love the amount of effort put into the development and progression of this wonderful game. Just felt like some words of encouragement and acknowledgment might help a little during what I can only imagine is a pretty jumbled time trying to get everything into place and ready for everyone's enjoyment. Thank you for being so active and involved in the community giving updates on the status of the certification process and so much more. Well that's all haha, even if it was quite a bit of an essay! I look forward to the progression of Warframe!

I don’t know if I’m allowed to do this or not but I know the switch world is pretty lonely on warframe which is why I’ve got a discord dedicated to it 

feel free to join, I’ll discuss anything you want with you, in particular this update 😉

https://discord.gg/mB2remn

2 hours ago, (NSW)FrenchEyes said:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to do this or not but I know the switch world is pretty lonely on warframe which is why I’ve got a discord dedicated to it 

feel free to join, I’ll discuss anything you want with you, in particular this update 😉

https://discord.gg/mB2remn

I don't mean to rain on your parade but there's a much larger and more organized Switch discord decked out with multiple community topic channels called Cephalon Switch. 

I'm not saying the two can't coexist though, in any case I'm just glad the Switch community is thriving or surviving if anything.

Anyway I can't wait for Fortuna and optimization fixes. I know it sounds like I'm rushing but I check back here every once in awhile to see if there's any update. It's been a week (2 if you count from 10th) after all.

Edited by (NSW)KidLambo

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎22 at 9:15 PM, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

There's a huge difference between trying to call people out on overconflating the issues and playing armchair dev.

The problem with one player or more claiming that Cetus and PoE are unplayable in a thread with an official status update that many players will see is that new players will believe that in earnest. I saw a guy buy Redeemer Prime for four hundred plat yesterday even though once Fortuna does drop and the relics drop more commonly, they'll be easy to farm as there are only three parts and no axi relics involved (point being that even though the relics are harder to get right now there's no reason a weapon that will be easily farmable very soon ought to be priced higher than all active prime sets besides Mesa P, yet the gullible nature of the new players is pervasive and exploitable). New players are spending their time from MR 1-MR6 trying to figure out what's going on. PoE isn't strictly essential to progression but there are many benefits to doing bounties there (augur mods in particular can be very helpful early on). A new player sees that PoE is unplayable and they might not to bother until an update is released, thus limiting their progression potential. But the truth is that bugged and unsmooth as it is, it IS playable. Claims to the contrary should be refuted. 

It's not about hating on Jeronan and members making similar claims as it is drawing hyperbole about the situation back to reality. Plains of Eidolon is occasionally messy and definitely needs stability improvements. But it is entirely possible to do any of the content. 

EDIT: Mesa Prime Access out now. Boy I hope that kid who overpaid on Redeemer Prime last night doesn't regret his decision.

We are not overconflating issues!  We are just deeply frustrated and disappointed with DE in how they handle the Switch version!

First they say they cannot release any hotfixes, since they are working on the Fortuna Cert.  Yet they were perfectly fine releasing a hotfix removing the Prime Vault relics from the game two weeks earlier than all other platforms.

Yet they also were perfectly fine releasing another hotfix this week, just to add Mesa Prime package to the eShop!  All the while they don't even bother to fix the Relic drop issues in the Switch version!  Again, reported by people since 4th of December last year! Completely ignored by the devs, since as long as the eShop direct pay option works, DE is happy it seems.... screw everyone else who wants to try farm the Prime blueprints in the game. /shrug

And you can jump high and low, Plains of Eidolon is more than occasionally messy! The bugs are downright frustrating and often even hilarious!  Nothing is more frustrating than spending a lot of time on a bounty and have it fail again on the very last step due to a bug and miss out on the end reward again, be on the far end of the map and have to all the way back to Cetus, go through the whole long loading time process, pick up the bounty again, go through the whole long loading process and then try again.

I am not saying that the PC version is perfect, as bounties bug out there too time to time, but at least far less frequent than with the Switch version.

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Yet they also were perfectly fine releasing another hotfix this week, just to add Mesa Prime package to the eShop!  All the while they don't even bother to fix the Relic drop issues in the Switch version!  Again, reported by people since 4th of December last year! Completely ignored by the devs, since as long as the eShop direct pay option works, DE is happy it seems.... screw everyone else who wants to try farm the Prime blueprints in the game. /shrug

These where not hotfixes .. they did not change any program code. Because: changes of the program code must be certified. These changes are simple (allowed) updates of some ingame content ... in this case: the integrated eShop table. Nothing more.

5 hours ago, (NSW)KidLambo said:

I don't mean to rain on your parade but there's a much larger and more organized Switch discord decked out with multiple community topic channels called Cephalon Switch. 

I'm not saying the two can't coexist though, in any case I'm just glad the Switch community is thriving or surviving if anything.

Anyway I can't wait for Fortuna and optimization fixes. I know it sounds like I'm rushing but I check back here every once in awhile to see if there's any update. It's been a week (2 if you count from 10th) after all.

Thanks a lot for telling me ! I was looking for other “big” discord servers to see if I could get partnered with them somehow 🙂

2 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

We are not overconflating issues!  We are just deeply frustrated and disappointed with DE in how they handle the Switch version!

First they say they cannot release any hotfixes, since they are working on the Fortuna Cert.  Yet they were perfectly fine releasing a hotfix removing the Prime Vault relics from the game two weeks earlier than all other platforms.

And you can jump high and low, Plains of Eidolon is more than occasionally messy! The bugs are downright frustrating and often even hilarious!  Nothing is more frustrating than spending a lot of time on a bounty and have it fail again on the very last step due to a bug and miss out on the end reward again, be on the far end of the map and have to all the way back to Cetus, go through the whole long loading time process, pick up the bounty again, go through the whole long loading process and then try again.

I am not saying that the PC version is perfect, as bounties bug out there too time to time, but at least far less frequent than with the Switch version.

When you come in this thread and say "PoE and Cetus are completely unplayable" when many are doing Eido hunts and farming bounties daily, yes you are in fact over conflating that specific issue past the point of what the reality is. Your mistake here is overbroadening one specific term I used to encompass any and all criticisms people have. Yes the current build of the game is flawed. I've suffered through it as many others have. I'm not saying people shouldn't have complaints. But complaints as hyperbolic as PoE is completely unplayable might cause a newer player to not even try. I'm saying keep your complaints grounded rather than letting emotion dictate them.

As for the relic drop issue, I'm not sure what you mean, the Prime Access relics dropping since December? Because we weren't even supposed to have them in the game until we got Fortuna anyway. 

And while I maintain anyone and everyone is free to have criticisms, I do know I do, it's important to keep perspective. Waframe is the biggest online multiplayer game on the system in terms of hardware/firmware demand and online infrastructure. That DE and Panic Button even got it to work on the Switch as well as they did should be amazing on its own. A game of this scale is bound to have bugs until they devs fully master the hardware they're working with and even then they'll still happen. Destiny was the exact same way on both generations of consoles when it came out. It's not easy to do a game like this. I do think it's weak that they closed Nova/Mag early and I'd like to see an explanation of why, but for everything else I think you ought to try a little patience. Not every bug is the same. Not every bug is as easy to fix as others. 

Edited by (NSW)TabascoJones
  • Applause 3

can i just say that the ps4 and xbox warframe are getting profit taker part 1 right now and us switch players haven't even gotten Fortuna. I mean come on DE you guys have been pushing it back but it is ridiculous that you are currently have profit taker part 1 for other consoles when you haven't put to cert Fortuna on the switch. I don't want to get this mad but @[DE]Rebecca when are us switch players getting Fortuna, I have literally had nothing to do because I want to do the Chimera Prologue But i cant when it isn't even on the switch. Please get us Fortuna. 

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Zugatz said:

can i just say that the ps4 and xbox warframe are getting profit taker part 1 right now and us switch players haven't even gotten Fortuna. I mean come on DE you guys have been pushing it back but it is ridiculous that you are currently have profit taker part 1 for other consoles when you haven't put to cert Fortuna on the switch. I don't want to get this mad but @[DE]Rebecca when are us switch players getting Fortuna, I have literally had nothing to do because I want to do the Chimera Prologue But i cant when it isn't even on the switch. Please get us Fortuna. 

They're working on it. What would you rather have? A game that's presently playable or a bugged to hell version of the update you want? 

And really? You have NOTHING to do? You don't have any relics to crack? You have every Arcane maxed out? Your Cetus rank is maxed out? You've farmed for every mod, weapon, and warframe in the game and completed forma builds for all of them? You have all the primed mods fully maxed out? I'm MR12 and have played every day since launch and almost feel disheartened at all the things I still feel I have/want to do. If you've done everything this game has to offer that means you're a really high MR PC player, which in that case, why not just play Fortuna on PC? 

Edited by (NSW)TabascoJones

20 minutes ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

They're working on it. What would you rather have? A game that's presently playable or a bugged to hell version of the update you want? 

And really? You have NOTHING to do? You don't have any relics to crack? You have every Arcane maxed out? Your Cetus rank is maxed out? You've farmed for every mod, weapon, and warframe in the game and completed forma builds for all of them? You have all the primed mods fully maxed out? I'm MR12 and have played every day since launch and almost feel disheartened at all the things I still feel I have/want to do. If you've done everything this game has to offer that means you're a really high MR PC player, which in that case, why not just play Fortuna on PC? 

I mean in terms of main quest line. but i can do those and i dont have a PC i have a mac..

8 minutes ago, (NSW)WilliamBilliamBeard said:

What exactly did hotfix 5 fix?

Correct me if i’m wrong but im pretty sure it didn’t fix anything, it only gave us the Mesa Prime bundle.

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

January 25 Update:

It's Friday, and we're not in Cert - that's the news you come to this thread for, and we'll be doing a deep dive into our current status! It all comes down to crashes - when we have a build that works, but we are hitting reliable crashes, we simply cannot submit it is a release candidate. Fixing crashes and making sure the new content is stable (which has knock-off effects on stability overall on what's already live) is not something we want to overlook for our first major update for our Switch players. We're trying to do it right.
The Acolytes debut on Nintendo Switch this weekend can hopefully keep everyone entertained as you chase down the Stalker's posse for new Rewards, and we'll be working away on things for Fortuna Part 1. See you next week with more information!

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I am perfectly fine you taking the necessary time for the Fortuna update! But seeing this is going to take a long time now (postponed 3 times now), I think you should seriously consider building a hotfix for the current build to fix some of the reported issues, like the color customization bug!

People pay a lot of platinum (=hard cash!) for color palettes unlocks, skins, etc and then are unable to customize it the way they want, while having spend a lot of platinum! ( I am one of them... spending hundreds of plat on color palette unlocks, skins, etc). The bug forum is full of these complaint posts now and more are coming in each day.

This bug has now been present for over a month now and isn't giving a very good impression of the game and lack of fixes and thus time it takes to have something like this fixed! The last real hotfix for the Switch was December 19th!

It's no good that the Fortuna update is now holding back the entire game and preventing hotfixes for pressing issues reported by players since December!

So can you at least create and deploy a hotfix on this please? Thanks!

Edited by (NSW)Jeronan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I personally don’t care if Fortuna gets pushed back due to bugs and crashes. It’s understandable, the certification process is probably extremely strict, Nintendo is a big company afterall. I’d be happy as long as the color bug is 100% fixed when Fortuna is out.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I am perfectly fine you taking the necessary time for the Fortuna update! But seeing this is going to take a long time now (postponed 3 times now), I think you should seriously consider building a hotfix for the current build to fix some of the reported issues, like the color customization bug!

People pay a lot of platinum (=hard cash!) for color palettes unlocks, skins, etc and then are unable to customize it the way they want, while having spend a lot of platinum! ( I am one of them... spending hundreds of plat on color palette unlocks, skins, etc). The bug forum is full of these complaint posts now and more are coming in each day.

This bug has now been present for over a month now and isn't giving a very good impression of the game and lack of fixes and thus time it takes to have something like this fixed! The last real hotfix for the Switch was December 19th!

It's no good that the Fortuna update is now holding back the entire game and preventing hotfixes for pressing issues reported by players since December!

Exactly what I've been saying for a while now! My Hydroid is....so ugly. :x Its messed up that the colors I paid plat for don't even work properly for nearly 2 months now. Like, I get it buuuut, c'mon y'all. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

January 25 Update:

It's Friday, and we're not in Cert - that's the news you come to this thread for, and we'll be doing a deep dive into our current status! It all comes down to crashes - when we have a build that works, but we are hitting reliable crashes, we simply cannot submit it is a release candidate. Fixing crashes and making sure the new content is stable (which has knock-off effects on stability overall on what's already live) is not something we want to overlook for our first major update for our Switch players. We're trying to do it right.
The Acolytes debut on Nintendo Switch this weekend can hopefully keep everyone entertained as you chase down the Stalker's posse for new Rewards, and we'll be working away on things for Fortuna Part 1. See you next week with more information!

Crashes? So it's more than one crash now? Because in the Jan 18 status update you said one crash. I'm starting to get worried we'll never get Fortuna 😰

On 2019-01-25 at 1:49 AM, (NSW)Zugatz said:

I love this game but to be honest I'm starting to get bored of it. We really need something new to do. We need new things to work with.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I completely agree with this. I mean yes we are disappointed that the Fortuna update is getting delayed for a fourth time now but I'm seeing lots of posts where Switch users just want a fix for that color bug. I'm not sure why they insist on keeping the fix with the Fortuna update. I'm sure we won't get that update for another month. Please DE, weeks ago you guys said that the fix for the color bug is ready and that it will be included with the Fortuna update, no one knew that update would get delayed like that so just give it to us now. Please.

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I'm not sure why they insist on keeping the fix with the Fortuna update.

It's relativity simple. If you make fix of any software, current bugs are (hopefully) solved, but it always make new one. That's how life goes. So new unknown bugs must be tracked and get ride of before 'Fortuna' comes. Track and rid of old bugs in normal case take long time than rid of old bugs.

It's hard decision for developer if they should post hotfix and potentially postpone future updates. Or make one update.

That's how I see our (our player and devs) problem, may I right may I wrong.

Edited by (NSW)zook-pl