Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Part 1 on Switch: Launches February 5th!

Sad that the update got postponed again, but hunting the acolyte is a pretty fun way to kill time at least. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

It's relativity simple. If you make fix of any software, current bugs are (hopefully) solved, but it always make new one. That's how life goes. So new unknown bugs must be tracked and get ride of before 'Fortuna' comes. Track and rid of old bugs in normal case take long time than rid of old bugs.

It's hard decision for developer if they should post hotfix and potentially postpone future updates. Or make one update.

That's how I see our (our player and devs) problem, may I right may I wrong.

Sorry man but I'm not sure I get what you're saying. What I was saying is, the fix for that color bug has been ready for weeks now, I don't get why they didn't just release it with Hotfix 4 or Hotfix 5. Why have it with Fortuna and delay the fix? It doesn't make sense. It's a small fix for a bug that has been around more than a month. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Sorry man but I'm not sure I get what you're saying. What I was saying is, the fix for that color bug has been ready for weeks now, I don't get why they didn't just release it with Hotfix 4 or Hotfix 5. Why have it with Fortuna and delay the fix? It doesn't make sense. It's a small fix for a bug that has been around more than a month. 

Because Hotfix 4 & 5 were just server sided and thus did not require certification from Nintendo.

But I agree. There are so many small annoying bugs that actively hinder the gameplay (no Vomvalysts spawning being a big one for me) that I don't understand that they just didn't do a hotfix first. I'm more interested in the fixes instead of Fortuna at the moment and for all I care they should take their sweet time with Fortuna but I want those really annoying bugs fixed ASAP.

Other annoying bugs are enemies not spawning / disappearing during PoE bounties and the worst of all that we were not able to get the unvaulted relics from bounties. I farmed Marduk for hours on end to end up with only one of the Axi relics. Soured me on the whole ordeal.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Airbar said:

Because Hotfix 4 & 5 were just server sided and thus did not require certification from Nintendo.

But I agree. There are so many small annoying bugs that actively hinder the gameplay (no Vomvalysts spawning being a big one for me) that I don't understand that they just didn't do a hotfix first. I'm more interested in the fixes instead of Fortuna at the moment and for all I care they should take their sweet time with Fortuna but I want those really annoying bugs fixed ASAP.

Other annoying bugs are enemies not spawning / disappearing during PoE bounties and the worst of all that we were not able to get the unvaulted relics from bounties. I farmed Marduk for hours on end to end up with only one of the Axi relics. Soured me on the whole ordeal.

the only actual annoying bug is the exalted blade "ability in use" glitch which prevents you from doing anything which is caused by the corpus nullifier

On 2019-01-09 at 8:10 AM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Ehh what??  How about making Cerus / Plains of Eidolon playable first?

How can you start thinking about releasing the Fortuna update, when people can't even play Cerus / Plains of Eidolon and progress through that content?

We barely managed to finish a single Bounty in POE without bugging out, crashing, whatever! One single bounty out of countless attempts that failed, because Enemies didn't spawn, cashes didn't spawn or crashing outright!

Cerus / POE is totally dead at the moment on Nintendo Switch, as practically everyone has given up trying to play that content.

I am totally speechless!

Fix the current mess first, before releasing another huge chunk of buggy non-working content on the Switch version. /shrug

I've been meaning to comment on this post for a while now, and the more I come to look at the status of the update the more I feel the need to say something about your post, mostly because it's near the top. I would like to point out that the PC build of Mask of Rev also had Vomvalyst spawn issues, which as the Switch is on that patch, the issue is persisting. The Fortuna patch will fix the Plains issues, at least for Eidolons.

As far as the bounties not spawning enough enemies, I've only experienced this one or two times, and I noticed that it's because turrets are counted as an enemy spawn. Destroy turrets to get those last two kills that "didn't spawn". Also, kills outside the marked area will count, so run to the closest camp and swipe a few kills to evade the issue as well 🙂 

I've never had an issue finding Caches. 

The crashing, sadly, is not an issue on DE's part, but rather an issue in the porting or, more likely, the Switch's capabilities. The fact that Warframe can run on Switch at all is amazing, and I congratulate Panic Button on the success they've had so far. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for @[DE]Rebecca and crew to make Fortuna as awesome as it is on all the other platforms. Just please keep in mind how long Fortuna was on PC before Xbox and Playstation! It took time to optimize for those consoles, and they're quite a bit more powerful than the Switch. 

On 2019-01-26 at 12:27 PM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

What was try turning say is devs must pick one of two ways

1. Fortuna build ready (color hotfix build-in)-> internal bugs hunt program for Fortuna -> cert -> release

2. Color hotfix build -> internal color hotfix bugs hunt -> cert for color hotfix -> color hotfix release -> Fortuna build ready -> internal bugs hunt program for Fortuna -> cert -> release

First is more complicated but faster, secound is easier but take long time. It's hard to pick beater way, and that's look like they pick wrong. But of course idk how they work internal and mayby they have 3th way.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

1. Fortuna build ready (color hotfix build-in)-> internal bugs hunt program for Fortuna -> cert -> release

2. Color hotfix build -> internal color hotfix bugs hunt -> cert for color hotfix -> color hotfix release -> Fortuna build ready -> internal bugs hunt program for Fortuna -> cert -> release

First is more complicated but faster, secound is easier but take long time. It's hard to pick beater way, and that's look like they pick wrong. But of course idk how they work internal and mayby they have 3th way.

I understand now, thanks for the clarification. DE made it clear that they want everything included with the Fortuna update and we really don't know what DE's reasoning behind this is but we'll just have to wait for the Fortuna update.

10 hours ago, (NSW)V3R91L said:

The crashing, sadly, is not an issue on DE's part, but rather an issue in the porting or, more likely, the Switch's capabilities. The fact that Warframe can run on Switch at all is amazing, and I congratulate Panic Button on the success they've had so far. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for @[DE]Rebecca and crew to make Fortuna as awesome as it is on all the other platforms. Just please keep in mind how long Fortuna was on PC before Xbox and Playstation! It took time to optimize for those consoles, and they're quite a bit more powerful than the Switch. 

I've been saying this for weeks. I don't think a lot of people complaining about crashes played Paladins on Switch. With that game it was the same story. Crashes would happen seemingly at random and would trigger from something as menial as trying to move from the loading room to the battlefield. These types of games that require a lot of network infrastructure demand appear to be highly demanding to the Switch's current firmware build. 

My worry is that to get a crash free Fortuna update out would require them to rework and scale back the entire port to be less demanding on the system. Which could take a very long time. And result in a much uglier product.

3 hours ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

Hotfixes get certified much faster than large updates these days.

It used to be like that on Consoles in the past and Microsoft and Sony for example received a lot of heat and critique on this, because even small patches to fix critical and game breaking issues took ages to get through certification in the past ( xbox360/ps3 era ).

So these days, small patches that fall under "hotfix" should get certified much quicker than the large game updates that adds new stuff or changes the game significantly.

On PS4 for example, I have played games like Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 1 and 2, Final Fantasy XIV for quite some time and patches and updates get rolled out pretty much simultaneously across all supported platforms now.

With Final Fantasy XIV this is actually a necessity, since it's cross-platform between PC and PS4 sharing the same game servers.

49 minutes ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

I've been saying this for weeks. I don't think a lot of people complaining about crashes played Paladins on Switch. With that game it was the same story. Crashes would happen seemingly at random and would trigger from something as menial as trying to move from the loading room to the battlefield. These types of games that require a lot of network infrastructure demand appear to be highly demanding to the Switch's current firmware build. 

My worry is that to get a crash free Fortuna update out would require them to rework and scale back the entire port to be less demanding on the system. Which could take a very long time. And result in a much uglier product.

What I do know, by looking into this much deeper the last two weeks or so, that a lot of the lag issues are related to people's internet connections, so when you have someone with a bad connection being host, you're in for a terrible experience with lots of lag and mobs warping all over the place!

This is a big drawback of this game due to it being Peer 2 Peer and with the Switch it seems to be much more prominent than other platforms like the PC (people having better network hardware in their PC's in general perhaps). 

When I am host myself, I have pretty much zero lag issues on normal missions and can even do a 30 minute Infested survival mission with zero lag (even in full squad)! But when joining someone with a terrible internet connection, well.... lets just say, you just want to get the mission over and done with as quickly as possible and leave the Squad. /shrug

Plains of Eidolon is just prone to lag at the moment on the Switch, no matter what. When you get into an intense fight with lots of enemies spawning... it just becomes a slideshow.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Hotfixes get certified much faster than large updates these days.

Yeah, you probably have right in this. But still separating hotfix give devs some overwork (idk if I use good word) to whole process.

Anyway I don't blame DE for bugs or delayed update. But I wish for more frequent and more descriptive news. Something like "we find new bug, we don't know what cease it, but we be doing this and this to investigate...' that's kind of sneak peek into dev job will be awesome. But probably newer happens.

10 hours ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

I used to play Paladins a lot on my Switch before Warframe released. I’ve sunk 300 hours into Paladins and the number of times this game crashed on me is ridiculous, I lost count but it was so bad that I used to get stressed everytime I play a ranked game because I knew the game would crash any time. It was absolutely ridiculous but I still kept playing because I was addicted to it. Then Warframe released and I got addicted to that game and it’s the only game I’ve been playing since. I already have more hours into it than Paladins and I just got to say that the port is done amazingly well. I haven’t had any issues and certainly no issues with crashes at all. I’ve had one crash followed by an error and it was console related and not due to the game itself because when I googled I found out that there are users who got the error message while playing games like BotW and Snipperclips. This is the error I got when I got the crash: https://postimg.cc/CZY1CxFB

So yeah, I think DE and PB did a fantastic job with the port so it’s unfortunate that they’re having difficulties with the Fortuna update. I really hope they can fix these crashes. Anyone know if they talked about these crashes in detail? Like when/how do these crashes happen? While doing what exactly? They’ve showed us a sneak peak of how Fortuna plays on the Switch and it was running great, it looked way better than Cetus/PoE for sure.   

43 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I’ve had one crash followed by an error and it was console related and not due to the game itself because when I googled I found out that there are users who got the error message while playing games like BotW and Snipperclips. This is the error I got when I got the crash: https://postimg.cc/CZY1CxFB

Sorry to barge in randomly but...I just got that error a few days ago! Googling didn't give me any good answers as to why it happened too...I think I had Warframe suspended, in my orbiter, chat open, on the switch home menu, left to do something else, came back 5 minutes later, showed that error, and had to hold down the power button to reboot my switch. It was so weird....I hope it's not a bad sign of something...I got a similar weird crash while WF was suspended last month, 2113-0112.

I'm not sure if it's reassuring or worrisome that I'm not the only one who got this error during wf? haha..

1 hour ago, (NSW)XenobladeBun said:

Sorry to barge in randomly but...I just got that error a few days ago! Googling didn't give me any good answers as to why it happened too...I think I had Warframe suspended, in my orbiter, chat open, on the switch home menu, left to do something else, came back 5 minutes later, showed that error, and had to hold down the power button to reboot my switch. It was so weird....I hope it's not a bad sign of something...I got a similar weird crash while WF was suspended last month, 2113-0112.

I'm not sure if it's reassuring or worrisome that I'm not the only one who got this error during wf? haha..

Yeah when I got that error I had the game in sleep mode for an hour maybe more but it has nothing to do with the game, like I said it’s a console related error message. That was almost a month ago (26 days ago to be exact) and I never got that error message again. I wouldn't worry about it. 

This is what Nintendo suggests you do when you get that error: 

Complete These Steps:

1. Power the console off and then back on again.
  2. Check to see if a system update has not yet been installed on your Nintendo Switch console.
  3. Play your system and see if the error code appears again.
    • If the error does not occur again, continue to use the system as normal.

Situation Not Resolved:

If the issue persists, please contact us for support by clicking here.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22596/~/error-code%3A-2162-0002

5 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I used to play Paladins a lot on my Switch before Warframe released. I’ve sunk 300 hours into Paladins and the number of times this game crashed on me is ridiculous, I lost count but it was so bad that I used to get stressed everytime I play a ranked game because I knew the game would crash any time. It was absolutely ridiculous but I still kept playing because I was addicted to it. Then Warframe released and I got addicted to that game and it’s the only game I’ve been playing since. I already have more hours into it than Paladins and I just got to say that the port is done amazingly well. I haven’t had any issues and certainly no issues with crashes at all. I’ve had one crash followed by an error and it was console related and not due to the game itself because when I googled I found out that there are users who got the error message while playing games like BotW and Snipperclips. This is the error I got when I got the crash: https://postimg.cc/CZY1CxFB

So yeah, I think DE and PB did a fantastic job with the port so it’s unfortunate that they’re having difficulties with the Fortuna update. I really hope they can fix these crashes. Anyone know if they talked about these crashes in detail? Like when/how do these crashes happen? While doing what exactly? They’ve showed us a sneak peak of how Fortuna plays on the Switch and it was running great, it looked way better than Cetus/PoE for sure.   

I think what a lot of people mean with crashes (me included), is not just crashes where the client just quits and you end up in the Switch homescreen ( though I had a few of those ), but mostly where you are in the middle of a mission and you suddenly get kicked back to your orbiter.

I had a lot of those kind of crashes, especially in Plains of Eidolon (for some reason this happens most during nighttime roaming activities (like fishing)), when the screen suddenly goes black and then 15-30 seconds later or so you get booted to the Orbiter.

I agree that Paladins was a mess at launch. The crashing issues were indeed ridiculous and that port was obviously rushed! I hope they learned from it and don't make the same mistake with the Smite release.

Back to Warframe.  I agree that Panic Button did an excellent job with the Warframe port, but we have the right to be a bit disappointed now with the complete lack of hotfixes, because they have locked themselves into a corner with being stuck with the Fortuna update. Especially since this is going to take a good while longer. They should really start creating a hotfix for the current build to fix most pressing issues!

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

I think what a lot of people mean with crashes (me included), is not just crashes where the client just quits and you end up in the Switch homescreen ( though I had a few of those ), but mostly where you are in the middle of a mission and you suddenly get kicked back to your orbiter.

I had a lot of those kind of crashes, especially in Plains of Eidolon (for some reason this happens most during nighttime roaming activities (like fishing)), when the screen suddenly goes black and then 15-30 seconds later or so you get booted to the Orbiter.

I agree that Paladins was a mess at launch. The crashing issues were indeed ridiculous and that port was obviously rushed! I hope they learned from it and don't make the same mistake with the Smite release.

Back to Warframe.  I agree that Panic Button did an excellent job with the Warframe port, but we have the right to be a bit disappointed now with the complete lack of hotfixes, because they have locked themselves into a corner with being stuck with the Fortuna update. Especially since this is going to take a good while longer. They should really start creating a hotfix for the current build to fix most pressing issues!

SMITE Founder’s Pack is already out on Switch and from what I’ve read it runs great so I guess they learned from their mistake (Paladins) and that’s good. Anyway, I’m not saying you shouldn’t be disappointed, I’m a bit disappointed myself with the lack of hotfixes but right now I think they just want to focus solely on the Fortuna update and nothing else so there’s nothing we can do. 

On 2019-01-09 at 12:45 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

January 25 Update:

It's Friday, and we're not in Cert - that's the news you come to this thread for, and we'll be doing a deep dive into our current status! It all comes down to crashes - when we have a build that works, but we are hitting reliable crashes, we simply cannot submit it is a release candidate. Fixing crashes and making sure the new content is stable (which has knock-off effects on stability overall on what's already live) is not something we want to overlook for our first major update for our Switch players. We're trying to do it right.
The Acolytes debut on Nintendo Switch this weekend can hopefully keep everyone entertained as you chase down the Stalker's posse for new Rewards, and we'll be working away on things for Fortuna Part 1. See you next week with more information!

@[DE]Rebecca

Is there any chance, after Fortuna (1 and 2) that Warframe Switch Version will receive updates with PS4 and XB1 or it's gonna be always late?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

@[DE]Rebecca

Is there any chance, after Fortuna (1 and 2) that Warframe Switch Version will receive updates with PS4 and XB1 or it's gonna be always late?

They says in many occasions that they want to make all console synced in content.

On 2019-01-09 at 9:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

hubheader.jpg

January 28 Update:

FORTUNA 1 is in Cert!
 The build has been submitted - now we wait for a 'pass or fail'! Thank you for your patience - we'll let you know as soon as we hear!