Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release dates

(PSN)MediSage

I have struggled with coming up with a clear thought on my sadness regarding Staggered releases of content. But, ya know. I can wait.

I will simply say...I prefer a release date...To those that made that go away...I feel strongly that we would not get along...

I was excited about Kingdom hearts 3..like 4 years ago...I promise you I won't buy it when it comes out this year.....

Sometimes I don't eat ahead of thanksgiving. Then when the food gets there I just don't consume what I sacrificed.

What does a release date do:

1. it allows me to plan time to play the content

2. It gives me less anxiety 

3. I am not checking for the content all the time.

I mean...Yesterday....I tuned into PS4 at 4. As soon as DE said "we are working on it." I turned it off. 

But ya know...coding is hard, the game is free. Life is good. That little bit of like me cursing out DE in my head for 30 seconds...it doesn't matter...

yeah I played Warframe and complained to my party chat. Everybody was like....Ok....

In conclusion, Its just a video game...I got in too deep. I feel the sting of the shame of obsession every time I touch my youtube search bar and I see "baruuk Warframe"

And in hindsight...whats a month to a year. 

I know Im over the edge...But ya know....I need to let go and let God.

By now you should know that Console Update Dates arent entirely in [DE]`s hands, they have to contact the companies responsible for the consoles they want to send the update to, wait for them to authorize then send the package to them to be certified before being implemented into their servers.

For said reasons [DE] can never give a precise date for when a given update will be released to Consoles.

Consider, DE returned from the Christmas/New Year's Holiday last week. There's 2 weeks worth of feedback to comb through and fix bugs that came with Fortuna Part 2. 

Also, Part 1 is being sent to cert tomorrow for Switch, so I'd guess a majority of the console team was helping with that (up for debate on how many people are a part of the Switch version, what with Panic Button and all).

And then the whole cert thing.

I'd say end of January or first week of February we'll have Part 2.

On 2019-01-09 at 12:11 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

should know that Console Update Dates arent entirely in [DE]`s hands, they have to contact the companies responsible for the consoles they want to send the update to, wait for them to authorize then send the package to them to be certified before being implemented into their servers.

For said reasons [DE] can never give a precise date for when a given update will be relea

I have no prior knowledge of this process. I just know other games have release dates and meet them. But cool. i mean at the end of the day I really don't care. I was partially drunk when I made this post...just trying to kill time.