Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me build an Electricity Chroma Prime

Kemenril

Question

Ice Chroma is murderously good. It's also murderously boring. There's no other frame guaranteed to make me fall asleep. If I never use it again, it will be too soon. 

But I love love love the look and feel of Electricity Chroma. It's one of the few frames I will pop Spectral Scream on just to see the effect. 

I also get that it's widely regarded as useless in the Meta. 

Are there any builds for this that are even remotely competitive? On paper, there seems to be very little synergy between Elemental Ward and Vex Armor in Electricity mode -- the tank being split. I think this brings up my #1 question: 

1. After shields, do you build for Armor or Health on an Electricity Chroma? Or do you say "screw shields entirely" and build for armor/health as normal, maybe with a Vigor thrown in for the hell of it? 

Followed by:

2. For Aura, do you Forma for Regeneration, or focus on Naramon (Corrosive/Energy)? 

3. Is the only viable build for Electricity Chroma melee-focused? Otherwise, how do you maximize the CC capability of the electrical effect? (Also, how do you self-heal other than through melee?) 

Anyways, I'm not expecting much other than a meme-build, but I'm hoping to salvage the otherwise boringness that is Chroma. 

5 answers to this question

Well, from what I've read on the wiki, electric EW increases your shields, and damage to shields while VA is active gives additional armor, so I guess build for armor.

For the aura, that's really up to you I suppose. Melee-heal would open up energy/CP as the aura slot, but you could also go the Medi-Ray route with a sentinel. As for your third point, you could mod for more range to increase the area of EW, or just run around the place, I'm not entirely sure.

I probably haven't been very helpful, but to be fair Chroma's abilities confuse me too. I think I mainly built him for Cold but then just switch the energy color and call it good.

1. Pretty much the latter part: screw shield and build for armor & health as normal.

2. Regeneration? You mean Rejuvenation? Nah, always Naramon for CP & ES.

3. You can still make a viable build with firearms, although that requires you getting in a fair amount of distance from the enemies - not necessarily close enough to whip out your melee but still enough for the electric arcs to jump. Which brings us to this: to maximize the CC capability of the electrical effect, simply increase Range; plus you can also use the Afterburn and Everlasting Ward augments as a sort of remote, long-range CC method. (I usually get my Sentinel to heal for me, but other than melee, then it's pretty much just healing pads iirc).

Just my opinions, but yeah really, don't expect this to be any remote competitive.