Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs a report option for unsportsmanlike conduct

(PSN)HarigeVINCE

PLEASE I beg you for the love of God DE, if you don't want to take action and make it impossible to leech, PLEASE give us the in-game option to report for this kind of behaviour, then we as a squad can point out the toxic players efficiently, whether it's for leeching or something else.

Spam, offensive language/name, harassment and real-life threat simply aren't enough. Zendesk support agreed with me a loooong time ago about the leeching and told me I can report anyone for this toxic behavior, but I seriously don't want to make multiple zendesk support tickets every hour. So I wonder if support agrees, then why can't we have an efficient in-game means to report these people?

EDIT: other games have a report option for this behavior as well, it's nothing strange. Don't protect toxic players.

(For whoever wants to read my rage)

I'm sick and tired of people's leeching and other toxic behavior, especially in the open world maps. People purposly start bounties to go fish, mine and now even farm toroids, but the thing that makes me rage the most is DE staying silent on this issue! Seriously it's more than half the bounties I join atm, it's not even funny anymore. Oh and it's always MR17-26 players so "noobs" is not an excuse at all.

I've been making threads and contacting support ever since the plains got released, discussed ways to make it impossible to leech in bounties, etc. etc. Not a single official statement on this behaviour was ever made.

So if you don't want to do anything about it, at least give us the players a means to efficiently report these toxic players. I'm so fed up with this.

Edited by (PS4)HarigeVINCE

There are a lot of threads on this issue. The responce is always "no". I understand you are frustrated, but this option will be abused, if not by you then by somebody else. Use customer support to report leehing/afk.

Edit: Wows has the report button and it has beed misused since the moment it was introduced.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

1 minute ago, PurrrningBoop said:

There are a lot of threads on this issue. The responce is always "no". I understand you are frustrated, but this option will be abused, if not by you then by somebody else. Use customer support to report leehing/afk.

If I have to do this I'm spending more time reporting than actually playing. If the answer is always "no" then people will just keep doing this more and more simply because they can get away with it. And if there's a lot of threads about this already then there's even more reason for DE to man up and do something about it before it's too late.

Btw reporting without a valid reason is an offense too, so why would people abuse it? To just get banned themselves? We must stop giving these leeches excuse after excuse it makes zero sense.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Name and shame them, Vince. Take screenshots and start posting them here in the forums. Maybe publicly humiliating them will get some attention.

No Fire that will just get me banned, sharing names isn't allowed.. if it was allowed tho I'd have my own full megathread in here lol

• Like 1

43 минуты назад, (PS4)HarigeVINCE сказал:

Btw reporting without a valid reason is an offense too, so why would people abuse it? To just get banned themselves?

I have little idea why they do it, but my guess is that barely anyone reads the likes of ToS, EULA, Guidelines or any rules that they agree with when installing any kind of soft, add frustration, gaming preferences, meta, mood, a feeling of being in the right and you have a report on you, simply bcuz.

Well its expected in a F2P grind game that people will do this, but in warframe I got feelings that leeching is actually an intended feature.

-how affinity gain work, you get more by doing nothing and let others kill
-your contribution doesnt matter, everyone get same reward in the end
-make excalibur umbra that is perfect for leeching & afk
-never made changes regarding this, you can leech on vallis the same way you can do it on plains

I sense that it was intended and by design since the beginning.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)HarigeVINCE said:

Zendesk support agreed with me a loooong time ago about the leeching and told me I can report anyone for this toxic behavior, but I seriously don't want to make multiple zendesk support tickets every hour. 

Bold added by me, for emphasis. 

Have you ever wondered if you feel like if so many other people are doing something wrong, that maybe, just maybe they might not be? 

I've seen people unfairly dumping on others in public matches too many times to doubt that some people are just way too overboard on trying to hold people to their personal standards. 

Last time I can recall, it was someone ragging on a newb who was definitely trying and I had to tell them to knock it off, and felt strongly enough to tell the poor kid to ignore people like that.

The time before someone ree'd at me for killing infested too quickly in a defense mission (I was using a melee weapon on my Gara while keeping the objective safe with my wall). They asked me to piss off because they had the cluster of infested "under control" . I pointed out that if they did, all would already have been dead. Then they ree'd about trying to level up their weapon, to which I responded that they get passive xp from my kills, so the faster everything dies the better off we all are. Then I showed him how fast a Gara could really kill those clusters of infested if I wanted to leave him with nothing to do for a wave or two and then went back to just doing my thing. 

Another time someone pretty much accused me of being a n00b at eidolon hunting because I popped the first joint before anyone got the lure and charged it. (I was the last one on the plains and there were 3 lures captured by then none charged, I took my sweet time popping the limb, and by the time they got the lure to Terry's new location his shield was already dropped.) They thought I was "spoiling" their hunt when in reality they were just way too slow (even for a lazy casual player like me), and my actions sped things up, a little. 

I've even heard someone get upset because of a frame that just stood in one spot and never moved, when in reality the player was in Operator mode, killing it. 

And right here on the forum we see way too many people posting about how some Limbo ruined the match for them by trolling with the rift, when it was nothing of the sort as far as anyone could tell. 

So, yes, we do have problems with some players unsporting conduct, but we also have a problem with folks who are way too quick to jump the gun and accuse others of not playing according to how they think it should be. 

What penalties do you propose for anyone making a spurious accusation of unsporting conduct, to balance the added ease of making such a report? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

I have little idea why they do it, but my guess is that barely anyone reads the likes of ToS, EULA, Guidelines or any rules that they agree with when installing any kind of soft, add frustration, gaming preferences, meta, mood, a feeling of being in the right and you have a report on you, simply bcuz.

A report is still reviewed, people who get reported for no reason shouldn't be worried. So there's still no argument on why NOT to give us an option to report this behavior in-game, if we can already do it via zendesk anyway.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Don't see it often but when a leech creeps into your lobby it can ruin your whole day, sucks that there's no option to report them accordingly. They should let us send a screenshot ingame to support so they know exactly how to punish the person and it won't be abused that way either

Do play a lot of public bounties? It happens sooooo much. Today I made the thread because I got 3 or 4 games back to back with leeches, with one game having 2 of 4 players leeching!

Guess what, we lost all bonuses and the bounty took double the time to complete. These are the moments where my blood start to boil and I make yet another thread about this.

• Like 1

Do you have any idea how already swamped their support system is? Maybe you should take into consideration what sort of weight you would be putting on them in the incredibly low chances that they implemented a more easily accessible way to report behavior like this? 

All I can imagine reading this is :"Oh that rhino is running down the hallway past 50 meters and we can't get any experience! REPORT!!!" Followed by support people reading the ticket and shaking their heads at the literal thousands of reports they would be getting a day. 

I would feel sorry for people with legitimate problems, like getting banned by the automated system for doing a trade with someone who charged back the platinum, because they would be waiting even longer for reply. Much like every other thread about this, no matter how mad you, or how valid you think your points are, nothing is going to change. Maybe consider finding a steady clan/squad to run with.

4 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Well its expected in a F2P grind game that people will do this, but in warframe I got feelings that leeching is actually an intended feature.

-how affinity gain work, you get more by doing nothing and let others kill
-your contribution doesnt matter, everyone get same reward in the end
-make excalibur umbra that is perfect for leeching & afk
-never made changes regarding this, you can leech on vallis the same way you can do it on plains

I sense that it was intended and by design since the beginning.

Nice theory, but I hope it's not true..

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Bold added by me, for emphasis. 

-snip-

Maybe I'm wrong? Hmmmm, well when people join/host a bounty they should be helping to complete the bounty instead of doing something else so they basically get the standing and resources for free AND this at the cost of making the bounty harder for the people who are actually trying.

So no, I know for a FACT I'm right about the leeching issue.

About other offences or false accusations, there is still support to review the reports. If they agree on the offense the offender should get a temporary ban, if it's obvious misuse of the feature, then the reporter gets temporarily banned. This feature should be used with respect.

And btw, some people in here will be active leechers too, so ofcourse I expected to get some resistance, I don't care.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Do you have any idea how already swamped their support system is? Maybe you should take into consideration what sort of weight you would be putting on them in the incredibly low chances that they implemented a more easily accessible way to report behavior like this? 

All I can imagine reading this is :"Oh that rhino is running down the hallway past 50 meters and we can't get any experience! REPORT!!!" Followed by support people reading the ticket and shaking their heads at the literal thousands of reports they would be getting a day. 

I would feel sorry for people with legitimate problems, like getting banned by the automated system for doing a trade with someone who charged back the platinum, because they would be waiting even longer for reply. Much like every other thread about this, no matter how mad you, or how valid you think your points are, nothing is going to change. Maybe consider finding a steady clan/squad to run with.

Do you have any idea that not doing anything about obvious issues is what is swamping support?

When people can get away with obvious opportunist/toxic behavior, more people will do it, more and more. More offenses means more reports.

If they would DO SOMETHING about it, then people would leech less and less, because they get banned, resulting in less reports and a healthier community.

Same thing for the possible misuse of the system, when people misuse it they get banned, resulting in less and less misuse of the feature.

It's like a shopkeeper saying "I don't care if you steal here I don't take any action" and not expecting to attract thieves, it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Report functions cost money and create additional headaches for DE. And I don't think we need that to solve the problem. We just need leeching to be less rewarding. For example, in bounty missions the game doesn't check if you entered the mission area in order to decide if you're going to get a reward or not. It just rewards you regardless. Changing that doesn't seem too difficult. And while it may not be the perfect solution for all kinds of leeching I think it's a reasonable first step.

go to a public elite sanctuary onslaught, if you want to see maximum leeching effort.

Featuring:

- Limbo with 3 lvl 0 gear who stay on the rift
- All trinity on a squad staring eachother then aborting
- Rhino/Nidus/Inaros with 0% damage dealt and actively avoiding touching the enemy
- Hydroid who spend all round inside the puddle
- other frames specifically built for afk leeching purpose

Like i said the game teach the players that leeching is the most efficient way to level up too. You can max gear fast by joining ESO and let someone kill everything and you do nothing. People do it because its rewarding and most efficient, you can even just alt+tab and watch movie and back when everything max leveled.

Edited by --DSP--Jetstream

1 hour ago, Amazerath said:

1 hour ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

55 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

I agree with all of you, that's why I previously have been making threads with suggestions on how to change the gameplay so it makes leeching impossible.

This is like a last resort for me, if they can't change the game they can at least moderate what they made possible, to keep the community healthy, imho

I'm just trying to raise awareness tbh

How about an afk timer? after like 2 or 3 min of not moving or not being in the affinity circle it asks "are you still playing?" If you don't answer, it forces you out of the match.

I don't get how that is fun for you? I can level up my gear efficiently (Not eso) without leaching, and be productive in the mission. If your f**ng alt tabbing to watch tv, just watch tv! 

I just dip when I think it's going on. like there's no recourse for leaching, nothing if you abort.

I would love an AFK timer. There are times I unintentionally leeched due to my character being dragged into another run while I tended to other matters once the mission credits started rolling. Honestly? I wish there was an instant leave or perhaps a lobby kick system. In addition, bounty changes would be most helpful.

That being said, of course "contribution" doesn't matter; how would you even measure it? 

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Hellhound1637 said:

How about an afk timer? after like 2 or 3 min of not moving or not being in the affinity circle it asks "are you still playing?" If you don't answer, it forces you out of the match.

I don't get how that is fun for you? I can level up my gear efficiently (Not eso) without leaching, and be productive in the mission. If your f**ng alt tabbing to watch tv, just watch tv! 

I just dip when I think it's going on. like there's no recourse for leaching, nothing if you abort.

29 minutes ago, PeripheralVisionary said:

I would love an AFK timer. There are times I unintentionally leeched due to my character being dragged into another run while I tended to other matters once the mission credits started rolling. Honestly? I wish there was an instant leave or perhaps a lobby kick system. In addition, bounty changes would be most helpful.

That being said, of course "contribution" doesn't matter; how would you even measure it? 

22 minutes ago, Atsia said:

There is an AFK timer already. 3 minutes or so of no action and you lose your rewards.

This is not about people being afk, so there's no real argument, just read the thread

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)HarigeVINCE said:

This is not about people being afk, so there's no real argument, just read the thread

I did read the thread, and disagree. Yes, leeching is deplorable, and yes, the game unfortunately makes that playstyle effectively more rereading m rewarding, but a report button is not gonna make it any better. As guzmmant said, support would likely be getting more false positives than genuine leechers, and it would just bog down support and keep them from more important issues. Plus I can already see all the false reports about people leeching/trolling with Limbo/Volt/Saryn/etc. Leeching is bad, but is mostly harmless.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I did read the thread, and disagree. Yes, leeching is deplorable, and yes, the game unfortunately makes that playstyle effectively more rereading m rewarding, but a report button is not gonna make it any better. As guzmmant said, support would likely be getting more false positives than genuine leechers, and it would just bog down support and keep them from more important issues. Plus I can already see all the false reports about people leeching/trolling with Limbo/Volt/Saryn/etc. Leeching is bad, but is mostly harmless.

Ofcourse taking action will reduce leeching, do you think a country without laws would have more or less crimes?

This game is DE's responsibility, and I believe it would be in the game's best interest to do something about an issue instead of letting it fester.

And if you read the thread why don't you know that when people misuse the report function DE can just ban them? People have to learn how to use the report function wisely, be responsible. Misuse? Get banned