Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have ppl changed their minds? (new pvp mode)

Yeah how about no.

PvP communities are known to be the most toxic community in the gaming world. I dont want warframe's community reputation to drop down because of some screaming 12 year olds battle royale "pros".

This is one of the reason I left Overwatch for warframe

Edited by DrivaMain

hace 3 horas, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 dijo:

Sure there are a lot of battle royal games (3 maybe 4 popular ones) but are they doing bad?

There is like 20 thread about the same ... you even open one ... its so hard to understand a "no" ? . You like battle royal , go and play one .

hace 1 hora, Legion-Shields dijo:

Yes, I’ve been seeing a lot more support for Battle Royale on these forums lately.

Yes , you can see the support in the thread about that :facepalm: ... 1 person support it and start the thread in where more than 40 say "no" ....

5 hours ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Just saying "no" doesn't validate your reason why you dislike it.

It has the overwhelming stench of "battle royal" and this is a very valid reason for a simple no. Warframe is a Brilliant PVE game, no need to add anymore PVP to it and waste good Dev time on diverting away from the core of the game.

• Like 1

So...mix Warframe with Battle Royal?

Call it Warroyal, Battleframe, PUBframe, Warnite....no wait, Royal with Cheese! Warframe with Cheese!

No, dear god no, it would turn our Warframe into the same sort of toxic mess all those other battleroyal games are.

Interesting idea, but no in our backyard.

There are few reasons why BR would fail in WF, such as:

- no dedicated servers. I simply don't imagine player-host handling 20-30-50 other players.

- I don't imagine DE spending any dime beyond the minimum they currently are spending.

- even though FPS / shooter games are always popular, warframes PVP never got any player attention (and pvp events we had were the worst we ever got). 

- balancing nightmare

- DE steve is too busy creating yet another boring landscape full of nothing or trying to pretty much copy-paste Guns of Icarus into this game

- overall players unhappinness regarding any mention of PVP in this heavily PVE oriented game. It's almost as if you were to bring a cactus to baloon party. It doesn't work.

Edited by deothor

21 hours ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

I've posted this a while ago and people didn't receive it well, so I figured that maybe thoughts about it have changed. Please have and open mind and read all/ most of it before you critique this idea.

Maps are Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis (future open world maps) with 32 and 64 players.

Players are given random owned warframe with personalized colors and accessories (DE Megan might want to change her color schemes for this game mode though) 

Players start in space/ low orbit when their arcwing malfunctions and they fall to earth/ venus and land wherever they want.

Start off no mods, no weapons

pick up weapons around map, specific weapons per game

- weapons rank up longer you have it

find companions in grineer camps (kubrows or cavats) or corpus bases (sentinels) 

get mods from killing npcs

-almost all npcs drop mods

-mods not effecting dmg drop more (ie zoom, reload, recoil)

-grineer and corpus drop warframe or weapon mods

-animals drop companion mods

find fishing spears and mining tools near water and rocks

-fishing gives fish to eat and regain health

-mining gives endo to rank up mods

rank up mods and get ammo at current ammo pick ups

faster day/ night cycle

eidolons and giant spiders spawn during night

-players within area surrounding eidolon/ spider can't get hurt by other players

-eidolon either doesn't teleport or players have a timer to get back within area when it does teleport and it has a marker where it's at.

game starts at current day/ night cycle

play area shrinks with day/ night cycle

-maybe play area divides into multiple circles to fight and opens back up when half of people die

-all akolytes try to kill you outside play area

-drop their respective mods

-get stronger as play area shrinks

-abilities don't work on them unless you're outside of play area (no cheating)

longer you stay alive, more stuff you get to keep in game

-50% survivors keep 50%

-75% keep 75%

-top 3 players / teams get multipliers to stuff

-teams max at 4 players
any other ideas?

So what you're basically suggesting is this?

header.jpg?t=1545084399

Would've been a good idea, except it already exists...

23 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

That is the understatement of the year. The game is p2p network based. Switching from p2p, which works fine, to a dedicated server farm after the game is released, is something I dont remember any developer ever doing.

And when you're talking about dedicated servers that can handle THAT MANY people at once, that is another undertaking.

This is like going to a McDonalds and asking them to build a pizza hut, inside the mcdonalds.

I think someone mentioned that Without Honor... I mean "For Honor" might have done that.  I can't personally say whether it did or not since I don't play games that require UPlay.  (I object to being treated like a thief that hasn't been caught yet for being foolish enough to actually pay for the game.)