Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR+ 20 Players have become a plague

Easier2Hax

So i took about a 2 year break from warframe due to content drought. I popped in shortly to check out the plains when it released and decided i would wait till a next big update to come back. So fast track to now there are a bunch of things to do like BOUNTIES. Now in almost every single bounty on the plains or on fortuna there is always 1 or 2 MR20+ players just afking or perhaps they fishing or mining. Basically doing everything but the bounties which leaves me alone a times as the session never filled or leaves the group with lacking members. I wonder who does the bounty when the whole group is filled with everyone wanting to free load? 🤔 I have found this to be a really irritating situation as i would also love to kick back, do some mining, listen to some classical music perhaps, write a book, do a little bit more mining, make a cup of tea and have the peasants get me my rewards. Chop Chop! No slacking!

Is this just the new thing now with players? Yes every single time its a MR 20+ player

• Like 6

It is definitely unfortunate that it is becoming more frequent for players to abuse the lack of a kick function.

edit: I think, however, that it is unfair to attribute the behavior to MR. How lazy someone is has very little correlation with how much of the games gear they've grinded out.

Edited by Blatantfool
  • Like 9

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Funny, usually I see the other way around and there are MR 8-15 people afking, while the 20+ are doing the work.

That is because high MR and a player being lazy aren't correlated. The reality is that it is a player who doesn't want to work who has become aware that DE doesn't have very good systems in place for dealing with that kind of bad sportsmanship. This could be something a player could become aware of at any time and then choose to abuse.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yeah other high Mr people are awful to play with, because they think they are some kind of new god and can do as they please. Disgusting.

I remember that guy that refused to participate in interception, didn't even capture points, and writing in chat "you're doing great guys, ty" and just grabbed the loot after the round, and going back to his afk place. It's a horrible experience.

I can relate to this. Had a guy who also stood in a spot and did nothing. Asked him if he wants to perhaps assist and he said he has helped enough people in previous missions that he is now entitled to get free loot 😐 I don't wanna just bang on high MR players because I am sure they deal with this issue as well but out of the 60+ bounties i have done since getting back into the game at least half of those i have a MR20+ guy just doing his own thing. It has become such an issue

It's not exclusive to high MR players but it's a problem due to the grindy nature of the game. Either you have done the same mission a few hundred times already and don't care any more, or you are trying to grind faction but still need some ore/gems/fish to build something, or you are just bitter because someone else did it to you. Regardless it is simply a part of the grindy nature of the game that players want to get more in return for less effort. Yes, gamers can be incredibly selfish and lazy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Review your squad at the start of the bounty

any sign of afk behaviour? press leave squad

if you want to annoy them more just complete 1 bounty stage then press leave squad so no other player can join 🙂

It is a little sad, but Jetstream here is correct. It should become a habit to immediately leave any squad very early on if you spot leeching. If you and the 'providers' leave it wastes the leeches time. That is just about all you can expect to do. Punishing these players is sluggish for DE and most of the folks acting like this are aware it is. Just remember that the vast majority of missions can just be re-queued and the odds are you wont get that guy again. If you feel that isn't quite enough, add him to ignore too.

• Like 1

imma just never rank up to 20, that way I won't be considered toxic.

In other words, this isn't about MR, just because you see it being done by them doesn't mean that they are the only group that do it.

the only time people should be fishing is if they just enter the plains without choosing a bounty, then I feel it is justified, but don't choose a bounty just to walk a kilometre away from the objective and throw a spear at fish in a pond.

29 minutes ago, Easier2Hax said:

I wonder who does the bounty when the whole group is filled with everyone wanting to free load?

Well mate, if u see peeps that they fishin or mining and they ignoring bounties to do, dont just stay there alone, go help that peeps who mining and fishing, and they will see it that you wont fight alone for them.

They will joined you or leaved squad after that.

Be smart! 😁

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Easier2Hax said:

Is this just the new thing now with players? Yes every single time its a MR 20+ player

MR26. I have experienced leeches of all MR. It's a problem. Most people just say "play solo if you don't like it". I hope DE does address this at some point because it really frustrates me.

• Like 2

To me leeching is just a sympthom of something worse - complete disenterest in playing the game.

I've been holding an opinion for a while now that 4 players are overkill in Warframe. I, MR26 player, often find myself in position on not being able to play the game because other 3 guys are doing just fine. So fine, in fact, that sometimes i dont even have time to aim. My gameplay now primarily consists of me opening lockers, because i'm one player too much for an absolute roflstomp that warframes bring on their enemies.

I do not justify leechers, but i see their point. Chances are - they are just not needed there and they have no interest or have no fun in just stumbling around watching other people play.
So they just don't.

4 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

I do not justify leechers, but i see their point. Chances are - they are just not needed there and they have no interest or have no fun in just stumbling around watching other people play.

So they just don't.

When i was back doing PoE bounties, if there were Mesa's just cleaning the objectives, not allowing me to do anything and I didn't need xp, then I would go mine in the area. I don't feel guilty about that, its better than me just sitting at the objective doing nothing. This is a very different circumstance than those who sit at the front of fortuna/cetus gates with no intention of even trying to play the mission to begin with.

Edited by Skaleek

Well-well-well.

You are damned in you kill them, because you steal all the fun (see next thread). And you are damned in you do not kill everything, because those mobs actually pretty hard to kill with a loadout certain Tenno bring into lvl 5 Bounties.

Make up your mind, Tenno!

Edited by rand0mname
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

To me leeching is just a sympthom of something worse - complete disenterest in playing the game.

I've been holding an opinion for a while now that 4 players are overkill in Warframe. I, MR26 player, often find myself in position on not being able to play the game because other 3 guys are doing just fine. So fine, in fact, that sometimes i dont even have time to aim. My gameplay now primarily consists of me opening lockers, because i'm one player too much for an absolute roflstomp that warframes bring on their enemies.

So they just don't.

And people say Raids with 8 people is challenging imao

• Like 2

Только что, -Sentient- сказал:

And people say Raids with 8 people is challenging imao

They had to make 8 people a mandatory requirement to start the mission. Otherwise people would just solo it with Loki or something, if they are patient enough.
I goddamn would.

Just now, Artek94 said:

They had to make 8 people a mandatory requirement to start the mission. Otherwise people would just solo it with Loki or something, if they are patient enough.
I goddamn would.

Nope. You didnt need 8 people to start the mission. But you did need 4 in the second part of the grineer raid to open the doors (before they introduced operators). And in jordas you needed 3 (i think, its been a while) due to some jordas mechanics.