Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its past time we got a dedicated augment slot

Xardis

I wouldn't mind this at all, seeing how certain aguments essentially "finish" some warframes' kits and feel like they should've been a default function.

But i doubt DE would do that, since that would be one hell of a power creep (giving us an entire mod slot with a LOT of functionality). And making them exilus is not a choice either, it would just cripple all current exilus mods into obscurity.

All Augments are = (Zenurik) polarity, and have 9 Drain. No "Superpolarity" is required.

31 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Its past time we got a dedicated augment slot

"Past time" based on what?

How would you like to defend this particular suggestion from those who decry it as the very definition of power creep?

Edited by MasterBurik
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

DE said no

See pal, why dafuq we need thousands of augments and other mods if we cannot combined them or used without spending standard slots for build!?

For example I dont using augments exept for Nekros (Despoil) and Hydroid (Pilff), thats the only augments which is usefull right now, all other augments gives u short buff counted is 5-10 sec...etc.

90% of augments are trash, remember that!

11 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

I wouldn't mind this at all, seeing how certain aguments essentially "finish" some warframes' kits and feel like they should've been a default function.

But i doubt DE would do that, since that would be one hell of a power creep (giving us an entire mod slot with a LOT of functionality). And making them exilus is not a choice either, it would just cripple all current exilus mods into obscurity.

Which was the reason why I suggested only 1 exilus augment mod per frame since there is a case already.

But yeah that would most likely render most exilus mods obsolete. Though I do think they're kind of lacking power anyway. They themselves may need a buff and new additions regardless of adding augments as exilus mods.

2 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

The ones that provide only mobility already can be. 

Yet there are several exilus mods that are not limited to mobility. I don't think it be too much if each utility mod got to be an exilus mod too.

And for those that are not mobility related exilus mods are : Hacking , Opening locked lockers, loot tracker, elec dmg for every enemy melee dmg and etc.

At any rate, does anyone else remember the days before U15 when we had 10 mod slots, but abilities took up mod slots, leaving us with only 6 if we wanted to use all of our abilities? That system got reworked when augments were introduced into what we have now: eight mod slots with four abilities. That was our mod slot expansion. 

Just now, Shaburanigud said:

Yet there are several exilus mods that are not limited to mobility.

And yet none of those are Augments. Augments specifically affect the base functions of Abilities, they don't mod a stat like 'ability strength' or 'radar'.

1 minute ago, Gurpgork said:

At any rate, does anyone else remember the days before U15 when we had 10 mod slots, but abilities took up mod slots, leaving us with only 6 if we wanted to use all of our abilities? That system got reworked when augments were introduced into what we have now: eight mod slots with four abilities. That was our mod slot expansion. 

It was, I remember it! And I also remember the things they said at the time about how they never wanted to have to do it, but they were kind of pushed into it because people were doing something completely un-intended with the system, which was actively removing abilities in order to use more mod slots for stats. Considering that there is now no way to use the modding system in an un-intended fashion, and DE have locked it down to the limited number of slots we have... I can't see them ever reaching the point of being pushed into changing it again.

50 minutes ago, Xardis said:

The title.

It is not 'past time' according to the people that make the decisions around here ^^

There are a few things that DE look like they're caving on, including a 'super Forma' which has existed in the game files inactive for a couple of years now, which allows you to Forma a frame or Weapon without resetting its rank, and more recently one called an 'umbral forma', which adds on the Umbral polarity, has also appeared in the files, but inactive as well.

However, despite literally hundreds of these threads asking for an Augment Slot every couple of months, the last thing they said was that it's 'not on the table' for discussion.

#AppealToAuthorityArgument

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

And do you remember that on most frames you would put 1 or 2 abilities at most? That means that you had 8 or 9 modslots, not 6. There were almost no synergies in using different abilities of the same frame. So no, that wasnt the points where we got more slots.

And do you remember what was the highest nonendless enemy level range? Yeach coz I do, regular starchart as it is now. Sorties with its 80-100 level 3rd mission were introduced 3 updates later in 2nd Dream.

My case for 1 more slot purely for augments is that right now, for serious build you dont have slots to put another useful augment, in many cases you cant put any augment at all.

Just now, Peter said:

No, YOU don't need more slots.

Nobody playing this game needs access to more mods. There is literally no content that needs that much power. Choosing to forego stats for a boost to a particular ability is how this works.

It doesn't change anything but your mobility? Then it gets to use your Exilus slot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Nobody playing this game needs access to more mods. There is literally no content that needs that much power. Choosing to forego stats for a boost to a particular ability is how this works.

It doesn't change anything but your mobility? Then it gets to use your Exilus slot.

First, do not speak for others, you do not know them.

Second, it is not a matter of power, many syndicate mods are mandatory because the skill itself is weak or poorly designed.

Third, nothing will get stronger than a Warframe nuker, in this game you do not even need weapons, but we use to have fun, so stop thinking it's all a race to power, in this game you walk in circles then it does not matter if you give 1 damage or 99999 counting that you have fun.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Second, it is not a matter of power, many syndicate mods are mandatory because the skill itself is weak or poorly designed.

rhino is prolly one of the best examples of this

without ironclad his scaling is so bad, without iron shrapnel we can get stuck with 2% of an iron skin until an enemy breaks it

when augments work as bonuses ir a mild game-change of how an ability work, sure it gets treated as a bonus then, when an ability is poop without the augment, then we have a problem:

rhino as i already mentioned, khora despite still being relatively new(unless u have like maxed primed pressure point, fever strike, spoiled strike and a good riven for your stat stick), wukong, mag and so on

then we have cases like equinox where people asked for a change to her 4 so we didnt lose charge when switching forms and instead of just updating the ability we get it as an augment

frames that develop a heavy dependency on their augments also end up with an issue of build diversity

to those saying "we used to have less slots back then! theres no reason to complain" we also had less mods back then, and less high level content, the 'meta' in update 15 was completely different, that was over 4 years ago come on

now, i personally dont know if a dedicated mod slot is the answer, or if just making exilus slot accept all augments is, or if having some of the "must have" augments simply implemented as basic features of abilities is, but smth should be done

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Xardis said:

My case for 1 more slot purely for augments is that right now, for serious build you dont have slots to put another useful augment, in many cases you cant put any augment at all.

I really don't feel like this problem is as big as you say it is. Lots of augments are easily worth more than more stats, and can pretty easily substitute for a pure stat mod you would have used in its place. Regenerative Molt gives you more durability than Steel Fiber, Fracturing Crush gives you more overall damage than Blind Rage, Eternal War gives you more duration than Narrow Minded, and Despoil gives you better energy management than Fleeting Expertise, just to name a few examples. Most stats do not need to be stacked nearly as high as most players think they do anyway. To make one example, there is nothing that Ash can't kill with 145% strength and an augment that he would be able to kill by stacking more power strength instead of using the augment. 

And I realize I'm speaking for myself here, but the only Warframe I've ever played where I found that my build was so tight and everything was so vital that I could not put in an augment without giving up something really important was Equinox, and even then, that was only on a build trying to make good use of both Peaceful Provocation and Mend & Maim (and I kinda ended up putting the augment in there anyway). 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

And the solution to that is buffing or reworking the abilities themselves, not adding a band-aid solution to a problem that was created by another band-aid solution. 

4 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

And the solution to that is buffing or reworking the abilities themselves, not adding a band-aid solution to a problem that was created by another band-aid solution. 

thing is, DE doesnt seem to want to do that for a lot of abilities and they'd rather just add augments instead :^(

• Like 1